• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV |OT| ARR: Alpha Closed. Beta mid-Feb

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jinko

Really good parser, worth downloading, easy to set up too.
http://ffxivapp.com/products/parsemod/

76500475.jpg

untitl1edk.jpg

Jinko

From the monk quest some info regarding the crystal tower.

Silvertear Falls
The aether of the area is in an extremely chaotic state. I had long thought this to be a result of the Battle of Silvertear Skies, but have learned that this is not the case! The disturbances I have observed do not all derive from a single source. Beyond the imperceptible aether emitted by the Keeper of the Lake, there are even stronger aetherial waves coming from deep below the earth to the east.

I have studied these waves in great detail, and discovered that they can be used to reconstruct an image of their source. And I believe their source is a tower! An enormous, vast, gigantic, underground tower! Do you not see? <sigh> Of course you don't... It could only be the lost tomb of Xandes&#9472;the first emperor of Allag of whom I spoke mere moments ago. But wait, there it more to tell! You see, it is impossible that a normal building, however large, could release so much ethereal energy. An immense crystal on the other hand&#9472;that most certainly could. Putting these observations together, I had no choice but to conclude that the ancients' seemingly fanciful references to the tomb being wrought of crystal were not so fanciful after all!

Sounds exciting.

Buttons

Wait how.... I didn't see Kan E-senna in my white mage quest, not once and I read ever bit of it.

There is actually a pre-sidequest to the WHM quest Jinko. It's not needed in order to start the quest, but the story it tells happens before the WHM storyline. You can get it from a NPC inside the Conjurer's guild, to the left of the exit.
It's the first time you see Raya-O Senna and it also shows Kan-E Senna.

Buttons, will you be joining us on Sargatanas?

Unfortunately not, my home is Palamecia and I will be staying. So after the merge I'll be on Excalibur. Just have way too many friends to want to leave. :)

Buttons your pics are great! I love your pose in the "duty complete" one.

There is actually a pre-sidequest to the WHM quest Jinko. It's not needed in order to start the quest, but the story it tells happens before the WHM storyline. You can get it from a NPC inside the Conjurer's guild, to the left of the exit.
It's the first time you see Raya-O Senna and it also shows Kan-E Senna.

Ahh the one about the thefts from lifemend stump? I saw her too.

Blizz

Neo Member
I renewed recently myself and just unlocked WHM. Kind of disappointed to see it is more of an "addon" than an actual job switch from CONJ. Though it is pretty nice and I am starting to enjoy more and more, hopefully will be better with the server merges. I didn't see any red aetherites though.

Jinko

Thought I'd put this here.

Basic strategy positions for Coincounter.

Ideally you don't want to be using melee in this fight.

coincounter.jpg

Dega

Eeny Meenie Penis
If you are talking about my screens, they are ranging from the times I started playing till now. Easiest way to tell how old they are is to look at my equipped LS. All 3 are represented.

We had 4 though! :p

Well, 6 actually but 2 didn't last long. lol

Teknoman

coincounter.jpg

Hopefully they do some adjustments to that then...even though i'd be serving as tank ( Paladin or Warrior) in the fight, that really limits others who just went with melee classes/jobs.

coincounter.jpg

I want to add two things I discover after reading more info in the forums and looking to some videos.

There's is two 100 ton attacks:

- Swing: Is the AoE one, is the one that takes longer

- Swipe: Is considerably faster and it's a cone range attack, so you want to run to his side or back for this one. You'll have high chances of getting hit if you try to run back from his front. (although seeing some videos, lag server may still fuck you up)

Also when any of the two fails to hit a single target he falls and you should go full attack since he is vulnerable.

I hope this helps poor melees that have to deal with 1 hit kills attacks while range users are safely in the other side of the room (thanks SE for that)

Jinko

Yup, might a good time to start levelling your Thm/Blm or Arc/Brd :p

I don't see SE changing the way they make fights any time soon.

Jinko

Its strange because this is my log for the same fight.

There must be something up with the way the log is updated. (I'm wondering if being dead effects the log updates)

Edit:- I am getting the feeling eye of the beholder isn't a counter but more like a ranged attack, so if a far off player has hate he will use it on them and whoever is close by just happens to be unlucky.
(it would explain your log Vice because if the tank was dead he would only be targeting ranged classes and after animal instinct if someone pulls hate he would do the same.)

Maybe it was SE's way of having some balance.

Eye of the beholder requires players to be closer. (seems it didn't really work like that though)
100 tons requires players to run out.

235a.png

Munba

Interesting dev post about Primals and pvp,

We were able to convince Yoshida to give us more information about the free company summoned primals for you guys to help clear up some of your concerns that were brought up in this thread.

For those of you worried if all the primals can be collected and sold or traded for a large amount of gil, it will not be possible to do this.

There will also be a timer that starts once a free company obtains a primal, so if this expires before the primal is summoned, the free company will lose their power to summon them. This will prevent players from holding primals for a long time.

Free company leaders will get to decide if anyone in the company can summon them or if only the leader will have this power.

We also asked if Yoshida could give us any extra information about these primals and he let us know that it will be possible to summon primals for PvP.

Allard

After the downtime some small news. All the producer letters from this point forward will have info on 2.0 as well as the more obvious 'near' content like the next coming patch. Wonder if next producer letter is still supposed to come out on Monday next week.

Jinko

It sounds like the next letter will have possible screens and images from 2.0 :D yay

Greetings!

I think you will all be happy to know that we are actually planning to have a LFG icon added (similar to when using /away) in the current version.

Not before long, you will be able to see just how many people around you are actually looking to party it up.

This makes me happy

Buttons

Yay we got the Cutter's Cry speed run yesterday and today Aurum Vale. :D No Darklight bodies though, but did get the War boots. I also finally got my WHM staff and ring. ^_^/ And we used both Dragoons and Monks to kill the Marlboro fast enough, sadly Coincounter still needs ranged DD.

speedrunofjpu.jpg

ffxivgame2012-03-22209kz68.jpg

ffxivgame2012-03-2222t5bb5.jpg

http://buttons-tarutaru.blogspot.de/

rybrad

Every time I see screenshots of people in their AF it makes me want to play. Is there a tentative date for 2.0? I thought I saw something that said fall but that might be apocryphal on my part.

Allard

Every time I see screenshots of people in their AF it makes me want to play. Is there a tentative date for 2.0? I thought I saw something that said fall but that might be apocryphal on my part.

There hasn't been any delays 'yet' on 2.0 coming so assume Late September to early November since they gave a pretty wide release window on their outline. The 'official' release of 2.0 is supposed to happen in early 2013 when the PS3 version is being sold, but anyone that bought the 'original' release of FFXIV on PC or bought the download option will automatically get access to 2.0 when they put the client out in that september to november time frame.

Also for clarification on the 2.0 in the next producer letter, he actually meant 2.0 will be the major subject of the next "Live" producer letter. The eta for that isn't known yet and unless the next producer letter on Monday will be one (Which I doubt given the last couple live letter gave a pretty nice heads up) we probably will need to wait a bit for it. Hopefully we still get some 2.0 stuff on Monday (or whenever it releases) but its not as certain as before :p

Xux

the leves really cut down the time needed to level so I find that the most of my time is spent traveling instead of actually leveling. The bonuses received for finishing a leve makes it a breeze.
The buff to those probably sped it up, too. All this crap was added while I was in the forties. Not to mention days I skipped or leveled crafting or another job.

The mainline quests are huge, too, if you do them as you level.

So yeah. Probably closer to two to three weeks solo playing a few hours everyday.

Jinko

Also for clarification on the 2.0 in the next producer letter, he actually meant 2.0 will be the major subject of the next "Live" producer letter. The eta for that isn't known yet and unless the next producer letter on Monday will be one (Which I doubt given the last couple live letter gave a pretty nice heads up) we probably will need to wait a bit for it. Hopefully we still get some 2.0 stuff on Monday (or whenever it releases) but its not as certain as before :p

Chances are it will be him speaking about the latest poll as that ends on the 26th, If we hear nothing about 2.0, I hope they give us more info on hamlet defence at least.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
Well, I may try and see what I can do. :p I will be re-subbing this weekend I think...If anyone wants to help out, I'd love it. If not, no worries, I'll just chain leves to keep me busy. :)

Do we still have to add stat points or are they auto-assigned now?

Jinko

Well, I may try and see what I can do. :p I will be re-subbing this weekend I think...If anyone wants to help out, I'd love it. If not, no worries, I'll just chain leves to keep me busy. :)

Do we still have to add stat points or are they auto-assigned now?

Most points are auto-assigned you get something like a total of 49 points @lvl50 now to assign yourself on top.

Stats are pretty weak in this game, they don't tend to make much difference unless you stack them in the 100's

8 Hours maintenance on the 26th

Info

Translated by Reinheart:-

Hello,

Here's an updated to expansion to the Inn system.

These two are planned for 1.22

Be able to set the Inn as the Home Point.

Have a box where you store event items, achievement rewards, job specific gear.

Also for the max cap on the rest bonus which some of you asked, the cap is reached in about a week. Also for those asking wanting to lye in the bed, we can't give you a direct answer at this time but we are looking into making this possible somehow.

If anything else please leave a feedback thanks!

Great news :D

I see xivpads are setting up forums for each linkshell now, might be worth a look.

Edit:- More news, in 1.21a Counter moves such as Haymaker, Fient, Fracture, Overpower will blink when you can use them.

Jinko

Tried a new strat for coincounter today, there is a place you can stand where he can't hit you with EotB :D

Edi:- Ok scratch that it only worked once .. lmao

Mature

Edi:- Ok scratch that it only worked once .. lmao
Laser burns... =(

Edit: Lots of new UI info~
Update on future UI changes.
We have a lot of good information to share in regards to upcoming UI changes, as well as those planned for version 2.0!

I really want to be able to visually know when I can use counter-related actions (phalanx, haymaker, etc.). I would like them to light up to make it easier to see!
Sorry for how long it has taken this to be implemented, but we&#8217;re glad to say that this will appear in patch 1.21a!

We also have some information regarding the plans for UI updates and changes in version 2.0:

When I&#8217;m engaged in battle in a party, it is difficult to distinguish who is doing what.
In version 2.0, it will be possible to display in the party member list the actions and casting timers being used. We will also make it possible to display the casting timers for targeted opponents, so that battles will be much more exciting.
&#12288;
I&#8217;d like to be able to assign buttons to target NPCs on screen when combined with other buttons on the direction pad
The UI for controller-users will look completely different than that of a keyboard/mouse-user in version 2.0. The game pad UI will involve multiple sets of buttons (arranged like direction pads placed side-by-side) which should make maneuvering with the game pad easier. Of course many players are familiar with the current controls, so we plan on including this as well.

I would like to see all three action bars displayed at the same time
Vastly different from the current specs, players will be able to select how many rows of the action bar are displayed.
&#12288;
I would like there to be able to drag and drop things like items and macros onto the action bar
Players will be able to drag and drop items, macros, emotes and target settings!
&#12288;
Please display which player a monster is targeting next to the monster&#8217;s HP
As seen in the 2.0 UI screenshot, players being targeted by a monster will have their party slot number displayed next to the monster&#8217;s name
&#12288;
Please add job and class to the name, HP and MP column in the party member list
We plan on displaying a class icon in the party member list by default.

To add to the 2.0 UI screenshot, the released screenshot is of a level 50 player in a full party. The T (Tank)/H (Healer)/A (Attacker)/B (Buffer) terminology may be unfamiliar for new players, but every player will be able to customize their UI to best fit their needs.
&#12288;
Next to the party&#8217;s HP and MP bars, display the monsters that are being targeted by the party, and allow us to target them by clicking them
Monsters that are engaged in battle with a party are each assigned a letter based on the order that they were engaged in battle, and the letters will be displayed there. We're still discussing how we would like to implement this.
&#12288;
I&#8217;d like there to be a graphed hate meter for the targeted monster
The bars next to the party member list in the 2.0 image are what you were requesting. However, we are currently planning to use a combination of numbers and colors to represent the different hate levels. For example, 1 or A (aggro) representing red, 2 representing yellow, and 3 and on representing green.

I apologize that most of my comments are about the 2.0 UI, but please continue to submit your feedback on the UI!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom