• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV |OT| ARR: Alpha Closed. Beta mid-Feb

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mature

I know it's probably an old fight for most, but Great Buffalo is really cool. I just like the scale of him to the tank.

DdMOn.jpg

(My extended drawing is off which is why the hillside looks like a set of stairs)

Hello, I have some questions about the benchmark, how reliable it is?

I use it the other day and I didn't even got to low performance, but I'm able to play Skyrim on my pc whit high textures and a bunch of mods to make the game prettier.

So should I buy the game and expect my pc to run it, or is FFXIV more demanding than Skyrim?

Thanks in advance.

Hello, I have some questions about the benchmark, how reliable it is?

I use it the other day and I didn't even got to low performance, but I'm able to play Skyrim on my pc whit high textures and a bunch of mods to make the game prettier.

So should I buy the game and expect my pc to run it, or is FFXIV more demanding than Skyrim?

Thanks in advance.

I don't know how relieable it is, but FF XIV is a very badly optimized game. Maybe it would be wiser to wait until the 2.0 cames, since is a new engine with lower spec requeriments.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
Anyone on Lindblum willing to help my lowbie level either in a little bit or tomorrow morning/afternoon? I was thinking of leveling ARC or GLA/MRD. All are relatively low, though (10-15). Is it worth partying or is solo quickest?

zlatko

Banned
So I pretty much am always stealthing this thread, because I'm waiting at some point the game will turn into FFXI 2.0. :(

Looking at it now with AF and new jobs it's really getting there. Few questions:

Is the game pay to play yet?

Did they add in free server changes yet? I'd want to make my character on GAF server and don't want to start fresh honestly since I had at least one class level 30, and a few others I think 20+, as well as leveled up a solid amount of crafting, while holding onto a good chunk of $.

Is GAF super active? What times?

Is there a link to where I can see all the classes AF's?

How is partying now? Is it more necessary like in FFXI? What group size?

End game is like what at this point? I've only seen Ifrit fight and heard it was somewhat hard?

Jinko

So I pretty much am always stealthing this thread, because I'm waiting at some point the game will turn into FFXI 2.0. :(

Looking at it now with AF and new jobs it's really getting there. Few questions:

Is the game pay to play yet?

Yes

Did they add in free server changes yet? I'd want to make my character on GAF server and don't want to start fresh honestly since I had at least one class level 30, and a few others I think 20+, as well as leveled up a solid amount of crafting, while holding onto a good chunk of $.

You missed the server transfer and merge period, they are transferring on Monday.

Is GAF super active? What times?

Its not super active but there is generally enough to throw a dungeon or 2 together each night.

Is there a link to where I can see all the classes AF's?

Not my character but shows all the AF.

junpei.png

How is partying now? Is it more necessary like in FFXI? What group size?

8 if a full party, but you can XP with 4 or solo with leves, there is a bit of a problem with power-levelling at the moment which has dstroyed XP parties in the lower levels (doesn't look like its doing to be address)

End game is like what at this point? I've only seen Ifrit fight and heard it was somewhat hard?

It's not bad, Ifrit isn't hard its frustrating because of server lag and animation lock, moogle is a better fight and the 2 new dungeons are quite challenging.

50 isn't planned as end game so we don't have any alliance stuff or proper large scale raids yet.

Garuda and Garlean Assault is coming in the next patch.

kiryogi

Banned
Yes

You missed the server transfer and merge period, they are transferring on Monday.

Its not super active but there is generally enough to throw a dungeon or 2 together each night.

This is a lie. It's been 3 nights and zero LS raid activity now. Getting rather agitated about it.

So, I haven't played the game since beta for obvious reasons. However, I've noticed a large amount of changes that seems to have made the game more playable.

Do you guys think now would be a good time to start playing again or should I wait until 2.0?

Nakazato

So, I haven't played the game since beta for obvious reasons. However, I've noticed a large amount of changes that seems to have made the game more playable.

Do you guys think now would be a good time to start playing again or should I wait until 2.0?
you'll miss the story leading up to 2.0 if wait till 2.0

with that said my check needs to get here so i can reup for 3 months

Cmagus

I have tons of all the eggs from last years event I wonder if they work this time around lol. I am also thinking since we have Garuda coming soon and now we have enough high players we should really start tackling Ifirit and Moogles for weapons. After this merger I think we should recruit some people build up Red Dot a little more so we can push forward with some end game stuff.

Allard

Just finished reading the producer letter. Glad to hear Hamlet defense will be a bit more intuitive then simple mob hordes attacking (We did know that but very few to zero details was given on how), my gathering and crafting classes have been looking for something else to do, be neat if the defense 'building' would show visual changes along with damage to the hamlet itself. Hopefully we can level up while participating in the events like campaign from FFXI. Its also nice to see that the next update 'should' be coming out a lot quicker then it did from going from 1.20 to 1.21.

Ravidrath

Implementation of buff system for company seal exchange items

This seems interesting, potentially?

My guess this would be a system by which you can upgrade the GC award armor, since you can't Materia it.

Addition of class-exclusive high-level recipes

I assume this means that they'll be making gear that is class-exclusive, since all recipes are class-exclusive.

Addition of new materia types
Implementation of system for seeking materia melding
Making certain unique/untradable items convertible into materia
Adjustment of stats for existing materia

Oho, this seems promising.

Jinko

Just finished reading the producer letter. Glad to hear Hamlet defense will be a bit more intuitive then simple mob hordes attacking (We did know that but very few to zero details was given on how), my gathering and crafting classes have been looking for something else to do, be neat if the defense 'building' would show visual changes along with damage to the hamlet itself. Hopefully we can level up while participating in the events like campaign from FFXI. Its also nice to see that the next update 'should' be coming out a lot quicker then it did from going from 1.20 to 1.21.

Yea it seem now that the battle and job system is done they don't have to rework so much stuff and just concentrate on adding content.

P.notes are up http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxiv/threads/40824

I LOL'd about the whole animation doomspike thing, so animation lock is indeed a myth, those dirty lying bastards.

Teknoman

I like the Paladin changes:

Divine Veil - Recast time reduced from 120 to 60 seconds.
- Effect duration reduced from 30 to 20 seconds.
- Blocks all physical attacks from the front.
- Healing over time effect granted by Cure and Cura now stacks with the white magic spell Regen.

* Healing efficacy reduced in exchange for longer effect duration.

Spirits Within

- Recast time reduced from 120 to 60 seconds.
- Revised effect:
Delivers a high-accuracy melee attack at close range. Increased damage with greater current HP.
Combo Action: Phalanx
Combo Bonus: Increased enmity.

Jijidasu

- Healing over time effect granted by Cure and Cura now stacks with the white magic spell Regen.

Spirits Within

- Revised effect:
Delivers a high-accuracy melee attack at close range. Increased damage with greater current HP.

Indeed! Hopefully we won't be ignored any longer :(

Those changes sounds really good, I want to see how is hamlet defense already. It's a shame we'll have to wait to 1.22a (probably) for AF weapons.

Taking a break these last days, some nifty rested EXP should have been build by now lol

The changes are nice, but IMO two things have to happen for PLD to be competitive with WAR as a tank:

*HP gap needs to be smaller
*Block needs to mitigate by percentage rather than a flat number, so blocking is useful against bosses as a source of mitigation(outside of Aegis Boon). This would also make Outmaneuver useful as a defensive CD against bosses

These buffs should help a fair bit though.

Jinko

I would actually just change the way shields work.

Block stat based on percentage of damage received.
Block Rating stat percentage instead of a number.

I don't know why SE keep using numbers as if they mean anything, unless you have some way to compare it they are meaningless, at least a percentage gives you some idea of what to expect.

I don't think Paladin need higher HP, if they fix block and mitigation they would take a lot less damage than Warrior.

Made a thread on the forum

forgot to mention I was lying >.>

Yeah, when it all comes down to it endgame tanking is largely about HP because there is no meaningful form of mitigation outside of defensive cooldowns like Sentinel or Aegis Boon, etc. As long as you don't get one-shot healers can generally keep you up through most damage as well, which puts HP at a higher premium.

If PLD gets a real form of passive mitigation it would probably be enough. Some sort of Last Stand-ish passive would be cool too, remain at 1 HP from a hit that would have killed you every 2 minutes or so, something like that.

Spirits Within

- Revised effect:

Those Paladin changes (especially the Spirits Within change) will please my brother greatly. I need to get back to leveling Glad on my character.

Teknoman

So I finally put in the order to switch to Uverse (sameish speed as my current DSL plan, but apparently the "box" is closer, so data wont have to travel as far) as recommended by the last 3 techs that came out plus a few friends that had similar problems.

Come April 6, hopefully I wont have the same odd disconnection problems...but now i've gotta call ATT and figure out how to get my bill adjusted since its been acting like this since February.

Ravidrath

So I finally put in the order to switch to Uverse (sameish speed as my current DSL plan, but apparently the "box" is closer, so data wont have to travel as far) as recommended by the last 3 techs that came out plus a few friends that had similar problems.

Surprised Uverse is the same speed?

Maybe it's where you are, but I'm pretty sure around here it's significantly faster than DSL... I can get up to 24 Mbps in LA.

Cmagus

The maintenance that is currently under way in FINAL FANTASY XIV has been extended and will now be completed at the following time.

We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause and thank you for your understanding.

[Date & Time]
From Mar. 26, 2012 2:00 p.m. to Mar. 27, 2012 3:00 a.m. (PDT)
* The completion time may be subject to change.

[Affected Services]
FINAL FANTASY XIV

Cmagus

We would like to provide an update on the current status of the All Worlds maintenance that is currently being performed.

The cause for the repeated extension of the maintenance is due to the transfer of character data from their old Worlds to the new, merged Worlds, which is taking longer than originally planned. As a result, we extended the maintenance to end at 6:00 a.m. (PDT) and this is expected to be met for all Worlds except for Excalibur.

The transfer of character data for the Excalibur World will require additional time. Therefore, we are extending the maintenance by one hour to end at 7:00 a.m. (PDT).

We deeply apologize for the continued inconvenience caused by this extension and thank you for your patience.

[Date & Time]
From Mar. 26, 2012 2:00 p.m. to Mar. 27, 2012 7:00 a.m. (PDT)

[Affected Services]
FINAL FANTASY XIV

10 am EST

Cmagus

LOL why you using EU times eight ..?

I just copied and pasted what was posted

We would like to provide an update on the current status of the All Worlds maintenance that is currently being performed.

The cause for the repeated extension of the maintenance is due to the transfer of character data from their old Worlds to the new, merged Worlds, which is taking longer than originally planned. As a result, we extended the maintenance to end at 6:00 a.m. (PDT) and this is expected to be met for all Worlds except for Excalibur.

The transfer of character data for the Excalibur World will require additional time. Therefore, we are extending the maintenance by one hour to end at 7:00 a.m. (PDT).

We deeply apologize for the continued inconvenience caused by this extension and thank you for your patience.

[Date & Time]
From Mar. 26, 2012 2:00 p.m. to Mar. 27, 2012 7:00 a.m. (PDT)

[Affected Services]
FINAL FANTASY XIV

9 am or 10 am EST *someone on forum is saying the time needs to be ahead an hour or something dunno but should be up soon

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom