• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV |OT7| 1000 years DRAGONSONG War

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aesthet1c

Has there been any info about how the new classes will unlock, hoping I didn't miss it in the OP or is it unknown until servers are back up?

I don't have the link for the patch notes on me right now, but its in the 3.0 patch notes they released. There is a quest you go start for each class and they are detailed in the patch notes.

Ken

I don't have the link for the patch notes on me right now, but its in the 3.0 patch notes they released. There is a quest you go start for each class and they are detailed in the patch notes.

The weird thing is the only listed prerequisites is to complete the 2.55 story. I would have assumed there'd be some 3.0 stories to open up Ishgard proper.

Tabris

We don't know the MP cost yet, do we? That will probably be determining factor. Scaling with MND rather than STR would also make it a lot less powerful.

It's also 3s cast so it can be interrupted.

I wonder if Shelltron will cause interruptions or not, if it is, you can time it with that.

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
Hi everyone, relatively new to the game and so I was hoping: does anyone have any good crossbar tips?

I mainly play as Bard, but one issue I run into that I'd like to squash is scrolling through the targeting to get to the enemy I want to target. My current and fastest solution is lining them up in front of me, but I'd prefer something more elegant.

Ken

Hi everyone, relatively new to the game and so I was hoping: does anyone have any good crossbar tips?

I mainly play as Bard, but one issue I run into that I'd like to squash is scrolling through the targeting to get to the enemy I want to target. My current and fastest solution is lining them up in front of me, but I'd prefer something more elegant.

You say crossbar so I assume you're on controller. If you hold left bumper (Ps4) and press up and down you scroll though your engaged enemies list.

Tabris

Reading the changes, WAR seems to be the job with the easiest job changes for controller

You just set up quick macro on Defiance and Deliverance to swap crossbar sets.

And then 2 new actual abilities that can be used in Defiance.

KTO

You say crossbar so I assume you're on controller. If you hold left bumper (Ps4) and press up and down you scroll though your engaged enemies list.

How is this different from using left and right on the dpad without holding down anything?

I believe you can also hold either of the triggers and hit L1/R1 (or equivalent buttons) to cycle through the enemies. It's a pretty snappy way of doing things.

Ken

How is this different from using left and right on the dpad without holding down anything?

Left and right will scroll by physical position in relation to you. Up and down scrolls through an ordered list. Former can get kind of wonky if lots of enemies are moving around.

fedexpeon

Banned
Fuck, so I am screw for tomorrow huh?
I haven't play in 6 months, and now I can't patch up the game to be ready to powerlevel the new Dark Knight class.
I want to play now so I can finish some stupid quest Ready at Dawn or something.
How far am I in term of the main campaign when I left the game? I finished all the main story questline during the period when killing Titan was the only way to unlock your relic, and the Crystal Tower was going to be released in 2-3 months.
I shouldn't be that far off right?

Tabris

So I never really made any of my weapon skills into macros before, just instant cast abilities.

If I did something like this:

/action "Riot Blade" <t>
/crosshotbar change "2"

I remember reading that macros cause an issue with animation cancelling for GCD's? Any truth to this?

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
I believe you can also hold either of the triggers and hit L1/R1 (or equivalent buttons) to cycle through the enemies. It's a pretty snappy way of doing things.
Yep, I play on PC, but I roll with a controller. I had no idea you could do that, thanks.
Wow, that's great. I logged in to my account, entered my preorder code, and it went through. I logged out, logged in to my wife's account, entered her code, and it didn't work. Now her code says "already used". Fuuuuu
I had my own issue with the activation key, the site would say the code was valid then as I'd enter PC and go to redeem it'd say "something went wrong." I ended up switching browsers and as I logged in on the other browser it apparently had accepted the code in spite of whatever errors it claimed and so I was then able to enter the EA code it gave. Anyway my little story doesn't help you. Try contacting support?

The weird thing is the only listed prerequisites is to complete the 2.55 story. I would have assumed there'd be some 3.0 stories to open up Ishgard proper.

oh dang so if you gotta have finished all that story stuff then I certainly will not be able to work on that right away haha. As soon as I hit 50 with my Monk, i started working on Paladin who is only 41 I thought i'd gotten him to 50. AFAIK I am only up to the first couple level 50 storyline quests, and i was planning on leveling something else. Maybe ill just finish up Paladin to 50 and finish the story stuff, see if Gaf guild can help me fill in some blanks. But ill need to use that 41 to 50 to refresh on tanking.

Aureon

Please do not let me serve on a jury. I am actually a crazy person.
So, in a middle moment of madness, i read up Machinist' and Dark Knight's mechanics, and that triggered an immediate buy heavensward + resub from me.

I haven't played since 2.0.

the hell do i do? I liked the story. Should i catch up before actually doing Heavensward? If so, how?

So, in a middle moment of madness, i read up Machinist' and Dark Knight's mechanics, and that triggered an immediate buy heavensward + resub from me.

the hell do i do? I liked the story. Should i catch up before actually doing Heavensward? If so, how?

You can't enter Ishgard or do Heavensward content without completing the entire story before the expansion.

The good news is there's going to be a lot of other people catching up too.

Mrhappy1227's channel on youtube seems to be pretty decent.

Hi guys, Mr Happy here, today I'm going ramble on for 15 minutes about something that could be summed up in 3 minutes

So I never really made any of my weapon skills into macros before, just instant cast abilities.

If I did something like this:

/action "Riot Blade" <t>
/crosshotbar change "2"

I remember reading that macros cause an issue with animation cancelling for GCD's? Any truth to this?

The issue with any macro changing bars, isn't really the changing bars, it's just that macros themselves don't queue properly, so you lose damage(or well time between actions) due to lag. If they just solved this, you could do macros that would let you just press a few keys for your combo chains and stuff like that, reducing bloat by a lot, but until then it's kinda inefficient to macro anything relevant that you might want queued(so anything damage based).

Teknoman

You're going to have to play through the rest of the story to do Heavensward anyway. You can't even access the city until you progress past the latest story happenings pre Heavensward, so not much you can do but play.

I think all pre-HW content has an exp boost regardless though. And depending on your server, as long as you have a good FC, lots of people will be coming back / leveling new jobs / catching up with you.

Hi guys, Mr Happy here, today I'm going ramble on for 15 minutes about something that could be summed up in 3 minutes

lol true but it was the only thing i could find that wasnt top 10 things about heavensward.

ApharmdX

Banned
I'm straight now, Vaco6121 sent me an early access code. Now I don't have to sleep on the couch all weekend, lol.

This time I used a different browser and it worked. Cookie issue the first time, I think.

aceface

Mrhappy1227's channel on youtube seems to be pretty decent.

You should check out Ethys Asher on YouTube. He makes awesome lore videos. He's making an overview of ARR called ARR Abridged but it's not complete yet. It's gonna be pretty long though. His coil lore video is good too, complete with shots at T2 and T3.

Killthee

helped a brotha out on multiple separate occasions!
Yep, I play on PC, but I roll with a controller. I had no idea you could do that, thanks.

I had my own issue with the activation key, the site would say the code was valid then as I'd enter PC and go to redeem it'd say "something went wrong." I ended up switching browsers and as I logged in on the other browser it apparently had accepted the code in spite of whatever errors it claimed and so I was then able to enter the EA code it gave. Anyway my little story doesn't help you. Try contacting support?

I'd also recommend you take a look at the Filters settings tab. You can have it set so a button combo switches which targets become targetable. For example you can have one for just enemies engaged instead of the default everything in front of you.

8OUyDGk.jpg

Aureon

Please do not let me serve on a jury. I am actually a crazy person.
You're going to have to play through the rest of the story to do Heavensward anyway. You can't even access the city until you progress past the latest story happenings pre Heavensward, so not much you can do but play.

I think all pre-HW content has an exp boost regardless though. And depending on your server, as long as you have a good FC, lots of people will be coming back / leveling new jobs / catching up with you.
I don't even know if the FC is still alive.

Does this mean i have to run full Coil? Does it still need a static?

Teknoman

How do you place aoe target markers with a controller? I've seen Dark Knight has one, but i've never really had to do anything like that with a controller.

I don't even know if the FC is still alive.

Does this mean i have to run full Coil? Does it still need a static?

No coil, just main storyline stuff.

Trojita

Rapid Response Threadmaker
Does anyone (that doesn't need the recruitment bonuses) have a friend that wants to start this game? I have a copy of this game bought from a steam sale awhile ago and its still good for the main game and 30 days. It would be a free 30 days. I'm looking for someone who would continue playing so I can get recruitment bonuses :D

Teletraan1

Banned
Brah...Are you for real?
So literally, in this pre-release I will be doing old contents before I even get to level a DK?

It is kind of crazy. At least it is free xp. They really shortchanged the quests the last rodeo. I hope they don't make that mistake again. So think of it as insurance.

Teknoman

You should check out Ethys Asher on YouTube. He makes awesome lore videos. He's making an overview of ARR called ARR Abridged but it's not complete yet. It's gonna be pretty long though. His coil lore video is good too, complete with shots at T2 and T3.

Hey pretty cool channel, easy to listen to voice too with a creative spin. That and i'm a sucker for spaghetti western music lol.

aceface

How do you place aoe target markers with a controller? I've seen Dark Knight has one, but i've never really had to do anything like that with a controller.

Activate the ability, targeting reticule will come up. Put it where you want with the right stick. Press x. It's not hard once you get the hang of it.

Killthee

helped a brotha out on multiple separate occasions!

Select the move -> AoE target pops up in front of you -> A/X to confirm.

If you need to move the AoE you can hold R1+Left Stick to move it. Obviously you can't move your character while doing this. The next time you do the AoE move the game remembers where you placed it last time relative to your character. For example placing it to the left of your character will have the target appear to your left instead of in front of you until you relog. Don't remember if there's a button you can press to reset it back to the default placement.

Sandfox

You mean the same Mr. Happy who has to rush out and talk about something in a 15 minute video as soon as it leaves YoshiP and the development teams' mouth?
Being first is a big thing when you consider how many other people are out there doing the exact same thing as you.

Gridman

Neo Member
I'm considering starting a character on Ultros to join the FC. I decided to switch away from tank because I'm just not having fun. Would I be welcome? I already am on the GAF Guildworks site so all I should need to do is submit an app in game. I won't be abandoning my friends on Exodus but I might be able to find some people around my level to party together at Ultros.

And I suppose I can just sign in tomorrow after maintenance as usual without buying the expansion right? I know these questions were probably answered before so I apologize in advance. I just want to join in on the community. I'd say people could refer me but I already paid for my sub back in Jan.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom