• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV: Stormblood |OT| Y'all Need to Calm Down

Stuart444

Thanks! And you have to finish 2.0 in order to start them?? Shucks. My Ninja is only level 51 but hasn't finished 2.0.

My other character who is a Dragoon is level 60, but at the end of 3.0 and I have to buy the potion. :(

At least he can start them I guess. I'd love to have been able to start one on the level 51 and finish out the 2.0 quests for him.

If you've done Prae, you've done 2.0 just FYI. (unless you actually need to do all of 2.x but I assume you just need to finish prae/2.0 to get the new jobs)

RPGCrazied

If you've done Prae, you've done 2.0 just FYI. (unless you actually need to do all of 2.x but I assume you just need to finish prae/2.0 to get the new jobs)

Don't think so? I have to go to snowcloak on the 51. Been procrastinating the story for him.

RPGCrazied

Yeah that's 2.x so you should be able to access the new jobs I think? Unless you need to beat 2.55 but I don't know for sure.

Really weird they put a requirement like that in the first place considering its a level 50 job. Should just have a level 50 job of anything to unlock it.

When completing a level 51 to 59 dungeon or a level 61 to 69 dungeon, players will always receive one piece of gear equippable by their current class or job.

As a glamor fiend that is something, I'm very excited about.

Tanston

Jenga minigame confirmed?

de4bffc4fb40b355db2cb463273acab6f10e26ac_11.png

EndcatOmega

Unconfirmed Member
"The time limit for the following FATEs has been increased from 15 to 30 minutes.

Long Live the Coeurl
Coeurls Chase Boys"

Fixing the important things.

EndcatOmega

Unconfirmed Member
"Chocobo companions and pets can no longer be summoned at Wolves' Den Pier."

It's time for the new complaint, I'm ready.

de4bffc4fb40b355db2cb463273acab6f10e26ac_125.png

Wait, you can block people with bonus in PF now? That's amazing
Holy shit Brink of Death and Weakness debuffs got bigger, they aren't kidding around.
They're bigger but they don't last as long, don't reduce your HP and once you ress you'll have full MP and TP
does the end of 3.5 have a long ass cutscene like 2.5?
Nah, 3.5 cutscenes are broken down between quests instead of one long-ass one

charpunk

I'm really conflicted on what to do. I've barely done any of the heavensward stuff and I think my bard is 52. Not sure if I should finish that content or just pay the $50 to go stormblood and to 60. Really don't like being behind.

I'm really conflicted on what to do. I've barely done any of the heavensward stuff and I think my bard is 52. Not sure if I should finish that content or just pay the $50 to go stormblood and to 60. Really don't like being behind.

Don't skip Heavensward it's actually really good.

Hasemo

(;・∀・)ハッ?
Edit:
Okay, only role actions for higher levels will be unavailable in PotD if you haven't unlocked them outside.
Thanks for the correction, I've removed my original post to not freak anyone out.

RPGCrazied

HS has a lot of content. I still haven't finished. At the end of 3.0 thinking I'm done, but apparently I have a lot left. 3.55 is the end?

Yeah, I'll pay.

Arkeband

Banned
Which your not really. After using the potion you can just watch the cutscenes in your room you missed.

This is a thing people say they do, but realistically, no one is going to sit there watching hours of machinama cutscenes. Rewatching the two ARR raids, sure, that's a small commitment you were actively part of, but let's be honest here.

People who skip HW with a potion are depriving themselves of an entire game, to be able to play (poorly) with their friends for all of two dungeons in SB, when they could have also played with their friends for all content leading up to SB. GG, you played yourself.

Downloading at 5.1 MB/s, so it might just be JP servers :^)

Finally patch notes, though, gracious. Cutting it awfully close.

A lot of the changes made the resources for crafters and gatherers are godsends, especially the one where you couldn't swap from a job into a gatherer and expect any more than 400 GP -- when you need 600+ for anything you'd be switching for!

Massive amounts of QoL for crafters and gatherers is very good.

Tanston

Seems like palace of the dead will no longer be a place you can take a job for a test drive to see how they play at high level before committing to leveling them. That's really disappointing. Makes me wish I had spent all of last week trying out jobs in POTD that i've never played.

aceface

Hey wait a second:

2.x
Attribute points have been removed.

Allocating stat points is dead? Free swap between SCH and SMN without having to worry about it??

Also, rumored changes to weakness are true. You no longer get a HP penalty but you get a bigger main stat penalty.

Arkeband

Banned
Hey wait a second:

Allocating stat points is dead? Free swap between SCH and SMN without having to worry about it??

We knew this already - and it's a good change, dumping 30 points into a no-brainer stat was the epitome of what the hipsters call "illusion of choice".

Hasemo

(;・∀・)ハッ?
Patch download completed!
Getting "Unable to perform version check" error. Why?

I am not reinstalling the entire game again like one of the suggestions is.
I got that on PC on my first try, but after it restarted the launcher, it started downloading just fine.
Can't say the same for PS4, tried twice and got the version check error. Probably hammered servers.
Role actions.
Thank you, missed that part!

Role actions.
Yeah. Removing job actions you haven't learnerd would make playing POTD on any job that isn't capped out extremely hard.
We knew this already - and it's a good change, dumping 30 points into a no-brainer stat was the epitome of what the hipsters call "illusion of choice".
But what about that one time in 2.0 where BLMs could put like 6 points in Piety!

Top Bottom