• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV: Stormblood |OT| Y'all Need to Calm Down

Kyolux

Has the login queues and 90k errors slowed down yet? I've been waiting to resub and grab the expansion for things to quiet down a bit.

I played in Hyperion if that changes anything.

Do we know when to expect 4.1 update for the ivalice stuff or that's still a vague 3-5 months timeline from release?

Renkax

Has the login queues and 90k errors slowed down yet? I've been waiting to resub and grab the expansion for things to quiet down a bit.

Do we know when to expect 4.1 update for the ivalice stuff or that's still a vague 3-5 months timeline from release?

Queue times are less than 5 mins in Hyperion 👌

Squishy3

It'll probably be the standard 3 and a half months. They said they don't want to repeat 3.0 to 3.1 again.

Zen Mu

I finished SB MSQ. Man I was loving it up until the ending, the cheese was just too off the charts for me though.
I was hoping someone would just shoot me in the head when they did the Star Wars rip off thing and then they all broke out in song. Jesus....

Although I loved it when the homie Nero showed up at the end and took off his shades like "Deal with it". That shit had me falling out of my chair laughing.

The dungeons and fights were all pretty great though. And the
Azim Steppe questline arc
was probably the best thing they have done so far from a story standpoint IMO. So outside of the ending which I didn't care for, I loved this expansion.

What happened then? I'm still at the end of 3.0 story. Got a lot of catching up to do when I pull the trigger.

The team decided they needed a holiday after overworking themselves on the expansion. In between June and...I believe it was November(?), the dearth of content outside of wiping constantly to A3 and A4 Savage in Alexander: Gordias was breaking down statics and leading to people to decide to let their subs lapse. It was a loooooooooong gap.

When Patch 3.1 did arrive, the lofty things it promised...didn't pan out. Void Ark was easy. Diadem 1.0 was both a dull slog whereby everyone just piled together in the same place in a mad zerg rush to kill dinosaurs in hopes of being lucky enough to acquire coveted gear at the time (instead of y'know, actually exploring and stuff as advertised), while PUGs had fun arguing with each other when half the group wanted to gather things while the other half just wanted to zerg dinosaurs down. And then the other main attraction was Lords of Verminion - an otherwise cute little minigame that is awkward to play on controller, not what people generally wanted, and felt like a poor use of resources at the time.

The only saving grace was Thordan EX, which was sorely needed to fill that gap between ordinary casual content and the oh-god-please-kill-me-now Gordias Savage.

Zomba13

Just got to 70 on my PLD. Got my pretty shiny armour and my GOAT animation move that does who cares because I get glowing wings of protection.

I'm going to start the lvl70 MSQ when I get back in after food.

Anyone know how many side quests there are in the Lochs? I have like 3 or 4 to hand in out of the batch at the starting area there but I'm holding them because I'm 70 now. Just want to know if that is all or if there will be more unlocked when I hand them in or after the MSQ.

Arkeband

Banned
- Doma Castle
- Doma Castle boss
- Lakshmi
- The new half of The Peaks

OMFG. This game is SO GOOD. <3

One thing I fucking hated at the end of the Doma Castle sequence though....

What the fuck is that lameass scene with Gosetsu holding the entire ceiling and going "hurry, save yourselves" and then EVERYONE JUST STANDS AROUND AND TALKS.... AND TALKS.... AND TALKS.... even after he was shot THREE TIMES IN THE CHEST. Like Jesus Christ motherfuckers, this guy is DYING and trying to save your asses, I don't think he needs you to be all chill and just stand there slowly talking about how valuable he has been to your cause. GET. THE. FUCK. OUT. Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah. One of my narrative pet peeves triggered. Goddamnit. Lol.

Anime 101, time stops when people are talking, unless it doesn't.

Etroveria

Neo Member
Nobody changed in SB except for Yugiri, the change occurred in HW, when they switched recording from the US to the UK. Fun facts are a lot of the new VA are from Xenoblade (Raubahn and Pipin are Gadolt and Shulk respectively) and Bloodborne.

I might be wrong but
Alphinaud
kinda sound different in SB from HW.

Bowlie

Banned
How do I farm company seals? The most I can get is 250 per levequest, and least 173. Also, should I stick with Pugilist, takes too long looking for a party for a duty

You can trade in any equipment color-coded green at your GC headquarters for seals.
For example, equips from the lv70 dungeons give ~1350 seals each. Keep greeding everything and you'll soon find yourself with more seals than you ever wanted.

Cmagus

Since we are showing off glams here is my Ninja set

UymMP7A.png

Glad I was able to beat Stormblood without using sidequests to level up, the only sidequests I did were the aether current ones.

This way they'll be available for my SCH/PLD/MCH.

Zomba13

Also, how fucking great is the Lakshmi theme? I didn't think they'd manage a song I liked more than Ravanah but they did it.

Also, how fucking great is the Lakshmi theme? I didn't think they'd manage a song I liked more than Ravanah but they did it.

It's my favorite Primal theme. I honestly didn't think they'd top Equilibrium, but they did somehow.

I want the Orchestration roll NOW, but I'm just not willing to pay two million gil for it. :(

Perfo

Thirteen flew over the cuckoo's nest
Wow Azim Steppe is so beautiful, might be my favorite location in FF14 'till now, and so many FFX/XI vibes with it T_T

Hello, sorry if this is a dumb question but should I create a new toon or can I switch from Scholar to Dark Knight? I recently came back and have 0 Interest in healing nowadays.

ebil

Hello, sorry if this is a dumb question but should I create a new toon if I want to switch from Scholar to Dark Knight? I recently came back and have 0 Interest in healing nowadays.
No, you can level every class on a single character. You still need Ishgard access to unlock DRK though

Hello, sorry if this is a dumb question but should I create a new toon or can I switch from Scholar to Dark Knight? I recently came back and have 0 Interest in healing nowadays.

No. You can level up every job on one character in your game. If you have access to Ishgard, you can go there now and unlock DRK.

- Doma Castle
- Doma Castle boss
- Lakshmi
- The new half of The Peaks

OMFG. This game is SO GOOD. <3

One thing I fucking hated at the end of the Doma Castle sequence though....

What the fuck is that lameass scene with Gosetsu holding the entire ceiling and going "hurry, save yourselves" and then EVERYONE JUST STANDS AROUND AND TALKS.... AND TALKS.... AND TALKS.... even after he was shot THREE TIMES IN THE CHEST. Like Jesus Christ motherfuckers, this guy is DYING and trying to save your asses, I don't think he needs you to be all chill and just stand there slowly talking about how valuable he has been to your cause. GET. THE. FUCK. OUT. Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah. One of my narrative pet peeves triggered. Goddamnit. Lol.

Wait until you get to the Fordola parts.

febLey

Started leveling an Astro last week because I'm fed up with the DD queues and it has been a lot of fun so far.

About an hour earlier from now I started Aurum Vale with a random group. I've played this dungeon a lot as BRD and so I knew what to do, I tought. Holy sheet was that hard for me.
We wiped 3 times at the first boss, because I was overwhelmed with healing, managing my cards, keeping track of my mana, keeping track of AoEs, the stacks and eating the fruit at the right time.

After that we died two more times to mob groups that were on the way to the next boss. The second boss fight was mostly fine, but both DDs died and I rezzed them in fight. Then there was the room after the second boss, we pulled far too many mobs and wiped atleast three times. At the eggs again for two more times. The final boss was also mostly fine, one of the DDs died, but we managed to kill him in the first try.

Thank god all of the party members had so much patience and were so nice.

Now I'm not sure if I was the problem, because I'm new to healing, if this dungeon is just a huge spike in difficulty (I can run the previous dungeon without any hassle) or if the Astro ist just too much for me.

Also my Swiftcast + Ascend macro seems to be bugged, sometimes it only casts Swiftcast and I have to cast Ascend manually.

rezn0r

The time it took to log into Balmung today was almost the same as it took to drive on I-20 from somewhere between Florence and Columbia SC to Atlanta. When I stopped for gas and a bite to eat driving home from my folk's place, I used my MiFi and a surface tablet to sign into my pc at home and join the queue. Was off by about 10-15 minutes...

(also Balmung) I've been reminding myself most nights to remote in on my phone and start the login, I've had pretty good timing most days. then of course there's the days I forget to and I'm pretty much not getting to play. annoying. but yes, remote access is MVP.

iammeiam

Now I'm not sure if I was the problem, because I'm new to healing, if this dungeon is just a huge spike in difficulty (I can run the previous dungeon without any hassle) or if the Astro ist just too much for me.

You may already be doing this, but #1 important thing with healing IMO is sticking the boss as your Focus Target, and putting the Focus Target bar somewhere you can see it.If you tunnel on the party list, it forces you to be reactive, which means you're constantly playing catchup. Most hard-hitting attacks/tankbusters will have a castbar, and if you can get used to watching for it you can time your heals to land right after the attack does. It's easier than seeing damage, starting to heal, etc.

Also honestly if you're brand-brand new just ignore the cards during the fight. Once you get used to how damage flows in the game you'll have a ton of downtime and the cards will be easier to handle. But until then, just set them up pre-pull and ignore them until you're comfortable in combat.

Also my Swiftcast + Ascend macro seems to be bugged, sometimes it only casts Swiftcast and I have to cast Ascend manually.

Do you have a wait? without wait it will try to do both at the same time, and it will fail.

So im about to do the last heavensward quest before the patches. Im wondering if the patch quests are ilvl gated like ARR. If so, do the quests gear you up for them, or is there any easy way to gear up ilvl at 60.

I love Monk's inconsistency.

Sometimes, I'll get crits for days and my chakra will build up stupid fast.

Sometimes, I'll get crits for days, and rarely get additional chakra.

Sometimes, I hardly ever get crits at all.

Whole lot of fun.

Guess Who

Banned

Whole lot of fun.

come join us in brdland where our entire job lives and dies by crit rate

Moaradin

Whole lot of fun.

Making the class that was all about doing consistent damage RNG heavy sounds like a good idea.

iammeiam

No class but AST has any right to talk about RNG.

Nah; this has to come from not having played the core-mechanic-lousy-with-RNG jobs.

Card games have got nothing on getting Bloodletter resets every single GCD and then one minute later going an entire Ballad with, like, one natural reset.

AST can do all its base stuff RNG free, with RNG only coming into the bonus card games. BRD procs or MCH procs or whatever are more in line with if the Benefic proc, instead of being a guaranteed crit on Benefic II, was what let you use AB and sometimes you just couldn't for like a full minute because lolrng.

I'd draw a monk comparison but the changes to jobs I understand have me confused enough, I don't need to learn new jobs to be confused about.

yoshi why

Jijidasu

Late to the party perhaps, but finished the main story last night, some theories and thoughts:

So, Ala Mhigo. Basically just sitting there right now in all of its amazing Aht Urghan/Whitegate flair. Very, very curious to see if they open this up mid-cycle. If not I will personally be quite disappointed.

I think they will end up opening it, also noticed Kugane has an airship port with no routes yet, perhaps it'll fly to Ala Mhigo, seeing it as the closest port.

So, we have 1 confirmed hub (Rhalgar's Reach) and 2 potential candidates; Doman Enclave and less-hub more-city state, Ala Mhigo. Going to be an interesting patch cycle!

Luminaire

The Xenosys Warrior thread on reddit is the gift that keeps on giving.

I hope they don't because I want to see the rage that will occur when we're up to i350 and tanks are still using i270 accessories.

Nightmares of A4S (I believe) and our stupid WAR who wouldn't let go of their crafted gear that was super far behind.

Top Bottom