• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XV - Dawn 2.0 trailer, new screenshots

Falk

that puzzling face
Can't we mostly figure it out? From what we know, we can assume Noctis & Stella were probably l'cie in FFVsXIII and Stella wasn't a willing "opposing force", but being l'cie was something that forced her hand to attack Noctis. As they removed the FNC stuff, a big part of Stella's identity/role probably vanished. They probably wanted to keep "her" as a part of the story, so they retooled Stella's kind of Tenebrae's princess' role into Luna's role, to keep a kind of female counterpart of relevance for Noctis as part of the game (good for marketing, if nothing else, dem fans shipping & fanficcing). And didn't they say the story was getting a bit out of hand for a single game after they abandoned the Versus Epic plans and they then took a long hard look at how they could simplify it a bit? So that probably plays into it as well. Stella's story seemed like it might've only been one of many story branches in Versus XIII and it's one of the things that maybe got cut or molded anew to fit a more straightforward story.

lol

wmlk

You guys went on a huge tangent about Stella over one completely reasonable post that Kagari made. If you guys don't want every thread to be about a dead character, don't do it then.

Such a lust for Stella...

WHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
You guys went on a huge tangent about Stella over one completely reasonable post that Kagari made. If you guys don't want every thread to be about a dead character, don't do it then.

Such a lust for Stella...

WHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

ヽ( ´ー`)ノ

Luna can actually open Tears into alternate universes. When you beat the game you see an alternate universe version of Luna named Stella. Also all of the old designs for the characters.

Those first two screen shots in the OP would have me believe that this is also coming to Vita if I didn't know any better. What happened there?

Gbraga

Okay guys enough about MGSV, let's talk about FFXV, it'll probably at least have a basic story structure.

kbCaVUQ.jpg

On your feet, soldier

sappyday

Okay guys enough about MGSV, let's talk about FFXV, it'll probably at least have a basic story structure.

Poor FFXV. It'll never have memes as great as MGSV. Tabata tried to make it happen with the drive-thru window photoshop but everyone has already forgotten about it.

Poor FFXV. It'll never have memes as great as MGSV. Tabata tried to make it happen with the drive-thru window photoshop but everyone has already forgotten about it.
In all fairness, it's kind of impossible to top that one with Sephiroth skipping alongside the car.

JeffZero

Purple Drazi
FFXV is a game I am looking forward to. I agree with the sentiment that we should discuss it. I, for one, do not particularly look forward to tonight's ATR. But I am excited for the French event and I am most certainly excited for March. I am not excited for Kagari's old prediction that it could go head-to-head with Mass Effect: Andromeda, because Mass Effect and Final Fantasy are my two favorite video game franchises and time is precious when you're trying to make something of your life. Or at least, it's precious when I'm trying to make something of mine.

I would also like to discuss Prompto. I recall a prior ATR discussing the level of apathy toward his voice work. I wonder if Tabata was serious when he said they told his VA to "step up." We can discuss that too.

I would also like to discuss Cor, because he wields a katana, and that's nifty, rad, and stellar. It's all three.

We are discussing Final Fantasy XV now. There.

HeelPower

So she's Yuna.

Yuna description that I made up, just to show how there are some parallels:

There's hardly a reason to conclude that there are any similarities between Yuna and Luna...

The reasons that Yuna set out on her pilgrimage are probably wildly different from whatever Luna's doing.Not to mention the setting is completely different so far.

You guys are really stretching it.

I think its probably the most expensive FF ever made.

Probably when even when including an accounted-for-inflation FF7 budget.

Probably will be the most expensive Japanese game by the time its on store shelves.

final-fantasy-15-ps3.jpg

LOOK AT THAT DESIGN! Perfection. I could see the independence from here.
That Stella design was killed by Nomura in 2013.

Hope you liked his latest design as of 2013.

I think its probably the most expensive FF ever made.

Probably when even when including an accounted-for-inflation FF7 budget.

Probably will be the most expensive Japanese game by the time its on store shelves.
It won't matter if the game becomes the best selling (or second best selling) FF.

So far, the best selling FF is FFVII (11 million+) but it took a long ass time to achieve so. I think FF XV has potential to top X-XIII in sales. It will be more marketable with its Action RPG elements.

It's a weird nitpick, but I think one of the things I like about the old Stella design is that shorter skirt. Not because it's hotter or anything, but because it seems to hint at a less elegant design than Luna currently has.

I hope Luna gets to bust out of that long dress at some point.

Gbraga

It's a weird nitpick, but I think one of the things I like about the old Stella design is that shorter skirt. Not because it's hotter or anything, but because it seems to hint at a less elegant design than Luna currently has.

I hope Luna gets to bust out of that long dress at some point.

I think it's pretty safe to assume she will ditch the dress if you look at her Duscae artwork :p

FFXV is a game I am looking forward to. I agree with the sentiment that we should discuss it. I, for one, do not particularly look forward to tonight's ATR. But I am excited for the French event and I am most certainly excited for March. I am not excited for Kagari's old prediction that it could go head-to-head with Mass Effect: Andromeda, because Mass Effect and Final Fantasy are my two favorite video game franchises and time is precious when you're trying to make something of your life. Or at least, it's precious when I'm trying to make something of mine.

I would also like to discuss Prompto. I recall a prior ATR discussing the level of apathy toward his voice work. I wonder if Tabata was serious when he said they told his VA to "step up." We can discuss that too.

I would also like to discuss Cor, because he wields a katana, and that's nifty, rad, and stellar. It's all three.

We are discussing Final Fantasy XV now. There.

I'm not sure what the XV threads need is an infusion of Mass Effect, but I will talk about Cor ALL NIGHT. Please let one of Noct's bros bite it halfway through and be replaced by Cor. Quick draw katana style for life.

Top Bottom