• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XV DLC ‘Episode Gladiolus’ fact sheet

Kikujiro

No not really. Those that defend the game will say it is but it honestly isn't. The year has been great at releasing new games that did what FFXV wanted to do but a lot better, from Horizon to Square's own Nier Automata.

I'm gonna eventually replay FFXV down the line with all the patches and DLC and hope it comes close to what I hoped it would have been, because it was not too long ago where this game was the game I wanted most in my life.

What are you on about?
The game sold more than 6 million copies, of course it's a good business decision to make DLCs for it.

I'm gonna be picking it up but i'll be highly surprised if there is anything other than reskinned enemies for this price, except for maybe the boss. Doesn't get me excited really.

Surprisingly, I spotted 6 new enemy types in the trailer alone, including 2 new bosses!

Aru

2-3 hours

Separate option. The new cutscenes in Chapter 13 require you to replay the game to see it.

Glad that Youtube/Twitch exists. I loved FFXV but I don't want to replay the game just to watch the new cutscenes.
Will probably buy Episode Gladio after reviews hit though :)

It mentions that you access an area that previously wasn't available in the main game. Does that mean that you'll be able to access it with Noctis & Co once you purchase/complete the DLC?

Obtain special items that can be carried over to the main game – By completing the episode, players can obtain special items that cannot be acquired from the main game.
really hoping this is something actually substantial

like, a new Gladio-specific skill tree or new ultimate equipment would be nice

Skulldead

It mentions that you access an area that previously wasn't available in the main game. Does that mean that you'll be able to access it with Noctis & Co once you purchase/complete the DLC?

The way the video loook, look like a linear dungeon with no branching, i'll be surprise they add this playable with the group, even more it only accessible in game menu...

No not really. Those that defend the game will say it is but it honestly isn't. The year has been great at releasing new games that did what FFXV wanted to do but a lot better, from Horizon to Square's own Nier Automata.

I'm gonna eventually replay FFXV down the line with all the patches and DLC and hope it comes close to what I hoped it would have been, because it was not too long ago where this game was the game I wanted most in my life.

Sounds like the game is still relevant; glad we got that settled.

The way the video loook, look like a linear dungeon with no branching, i'll be surprise they add this playable with the group, even more it only accessible in game menu...

Ah, okay. Fair enough, it's a cheap story expansion, expecting a wide open world would be a bit much. A restricted dungeon sounds about right. That said, it would be a nice touch to add it to the map, hardly necessary though.

Ah, okay. Fair enough, it's a cheap story expansion, expecting a wide open world would be a bit much. A restricted dungeon sounds about right. That said, it would be a nice touch to add it to the map, hardly necessary though.
Think the rumors said you can visit it in the main game as well IIRC.

『Inaba Resident』;232650763 said:

I'm just saying it probably isn't worth going through everything again even speed running it to get to that point? Maybe when all fixes for the story are out i'll do it but just for one Gladio segment? Meh.

Brazil

Living in the shadow of Amaz
Gilgamesh? Holy shit!

I bought the season pass day one, but now I'm really looking forward to this!

Bento

I'm just saying it probably isn't worth going through everything again even speed running it to get to that point? Maybe when all fixes for the story are out i'll do it but just for one Gladio segment? Meh.
How many more "fixes" are intended to be released? Really close to buying the game durings its current sale but not sure if I should maybe wait instead? >_<

How many more "fixes" are intended to be released? Really close to buying the game durings its current sale but not sure if I should maybe wait instead? >_<

Rumour says support is until like March 2018, lol.
Which is a good thing isn't it? It shows that they are willing to: A. Continue improving the game to became than it is now or B. Fix the game cause it was bad. Whichever one that people think/want to think.

Which is a good thing isn't it? It shows that they are willing to: A. Continue improving the game to became than it is now or B. Fix the game cause it was bad. Whichever one that people think/want to think.

It sure as hell is a great thing and I'm happy about it but a bit saddened at the same time. The game isn't bad... just severely underwhelming with both story and characters. There was too much hype for it including a release date event in LA that costed heaps of money only for them to show that they really had nothing left afterwards. It seems so miniscule for such a large project, imo. Much of it was polishing Lucis's world but not much else... don't even get me started on how good the food looks. I think that can easily have been put into something else. I still feel the game is incomplete because it is... the story is not very much there because of this intention by Tabata to view everything from Noctis's eyes... somehow even flashbacks where he isn't there. Lots of stuff was likely cut despite SE saying nothing was cut story wise. I'd give it a go again when all the story fixes are here because let's face it... I hyped this game since the versus days. I had high hopes for Luna as evident by my username. I think she was easily the most
disappointing character I have ever come across in FF females. There was nothing to her but a stupid plot point ala Aerith

cordy

Banned
Separate option. The new cutscenes in Chapter 13 require you to replay the game to see it.

Wait, what?

I'm on Chapter 9 right now. Does this mean I have to replay the game over or will I be able to see the cutscenes once I get to Chapter 13?

snip[/SPOILER]
Well I'm guessing you're not going to see it from my point of view so let's just leave it under agree to disagree. I'm not good with words any way so I have no chance to win.

All I'm going to say, or repeat, is that at least they're fixing the game. At least they're not ignoring it. I know you feel that it was subpar at best but others think differently (well, probably not on GAF hehehe) of the game. As for Lunafreya, I definitely don't think she's the worst. Not the best, but definitely not the worst. But again it's all opinion so it's not supposed to be taken as truth. People make bad choices at times and sometimes people who are in charge of things can make choices that in retrospect, wasn't the best idea at all. But at least some admit it and are trying to better it.

But that's all I'm gonna say. I respect your opinion on this. I just have a different one on it.

Your username is kinda ironic now that I think about it heheh. You should ask a mod to see if it's possible to change it!

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
Wait, what?

I'm on Chapter 9 right now. Does this mean I have to replay the game over or will I be able to see the cutscenes once I get to Chapter 13?

Sorry, to clarify if you're past Chapter 13, you need to replay the game until Chapter 13 to see it.

It will have its own section, like the Altissia Carnival.

And is it recommended to finish the full game first then play the DLC after? When does the DLC happen compared to the main story plotline? Is it after, or before or inbetween?

Many games require to play the main game and then start the DLC: for example Vergil's Downfall happens after DMC main game, so does The Lost legacy for Uncharted 4. The Whistleblower DLC events happen before and during and after the events of Outlast but must be still played after the main game.
What is about this DLC?

I feel a lot better about FFXV's DLC right now than the stuff announced for Persona 5. $5 for a couple hours of story expansion and character stuff seems like a much better deal than some costumes and music for $8.

JoeNut

SOunds cool but ill wait for some reviews first.

I hated how he just disappeared in the story and then came back with no explanation though, it was so lame

Sorry if this has been answered already. Has SE communicated how the data transfer will work? By that I mean when I start the new dlc will it import my current stat level 108 gladio or some pre speced gladio. Then I assume it will just transfer the items you get out at the end after a save like the carnival? Or maybe it will be balanced so levels and xp aren't even a thing in the dlc...

Sorry if this has been answered already. Has SE communicated how the data transfer will work? By that I mean when I start the new dlc will it import my current stat level 108 gladio or some pre speced gladio. Then I assume it will just transfer the items you get out at the end after a save like the carnival? Or maybe it will be balanced so levels and xp aren't even a thing in the dlc...

I would wager that Gladio in the DLC won't be in any way linked to the levels/gear/etc of Gladio at whatever point you're at in the main game.

cordy

Banned
Sorry, to clarify if you're past Chapter 13, you need to replay the game until Chapter 13 to see it.

Ah I see, dope. Last night I just made it to the end of Chapter 12 and I started Chapter 13 but I didn't save so I'll load up the game at the very end of Chapter 12.

Top Bottom