• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XV EGX Livestream

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gbraga

The dream of tossing sniper into the air, warping to it and quickscoping is dead.

I wonder if you can shoot while in midair. If so, nothing stops us from warping with a different weapon and then switching. It's gonna be dope.

the dopest

butman

According to Lulcielid on Mognet, it is now officially 9/30 in Japan. Happy FFXV release day!!!

Oh god 60 more days, I'm not gonna make it, lol

pxwoy1dz3mpkebxp6lkg.gif

Oh man, the new info is sounding really promising.

So glad the ring magic is going to have unique spells like Death.

Come on Earth, keep on spinning!

The only thing about FFXV that I don't like
the only one thing, the only one, is gotta be Ravus

dude was cool with this assassins creed look, but as soon as the movie came out and we got to see he's face and actions he turned out to be a lamo.

So is Ravus Stellas brother (if she had not been cut) also?

Edit: Also He's name is lame, ravus sounds like the bottom of a rotten plant or something.

Ishida

Banned

dude was cool with this assassins creed look, but as soon as the movie came out and we got to see he's face and actions he turned out to be a lamo.

Edit: Also He's name is lame, ravus sounds like the bottom of a rotten plant or something.

I disagree. I think he looks great. Actually he's very similar to how I imagined him looking during the Versus days. Love the metal arm!

I'm eager to discover his full involvement in the plot. I'm sure he won't be just a secondary villain like the trailers are implying.

pablito

And someone please correct me but
their parents died in the war with Niflheim. By an attack from them right? And now he's on their side or something? Dafuq?

I disagree. I think he looks great. Actually he's very similar to how I imagined him looking during the Versus days. Love the metal arm!

I'm eager to discover his full involvement in the plot. I'm sure he won't be just a secondary villain like the trailers are implying.
s there anything you don't like about FFXV?
You didn't think he was a
secondary villain in the movie?

He's metal arm is kinda cool I guess.
He wears that because his arm got burned right?

their parents died in the war with Niflheim. By an attack from them right? And now he's on their side or something? Dafuq?
Right and he like
hates King Regis in the movie
Dude is really some sorta lap dog

I

Gbraga

Rumor has it that the character we now know as Ravus was Noctis' blind half-brother.

Which is kind of stupid, but still Nomura as fuck (not to mention fits the whole shakespeare influence thing), so I'm inclined to believe it.

If we just compare "Luna's sister" vs "Noctis' blind half-brother", I'd take the first, it's less melodramatic and more credible, but the execution was really not very good so far, I don't like him either. The original character seemed more like a rival and equal than this whiny asshole who doesn't even make sense.

But we'll see, maybe he'll be better developed throughout the game than he was in the movie.

He should've kept the hood, though. Make his face all burnt from the Niflheim attack or whatever to justify it. I don't like his face at all, looks like a FFXIII villain. Totally out of place in XV.

Right and he like
hates King Regis in the movie
Dude is really some sorta lap dog

I

Hating Regis I can totally see. Tenebrae got attacked because Regis and Noctis were there, and when Ravus asked for help, Regis just ran away.

But siding with the people who actually killed his mother to take his revenge on the guy who just ran away? That's complete bullshit.

EDIT:
Though, to be fair, his goal was actually the ring, seeing Regis get rekt was just an extra bit of satisfaction on top of that. Maybe he inteded to use the ring to take out Niflheim himself? I can totally see the shounen trope of "the rival antagonist who ends up siding with the hero to take down a bigger threat" going on with Ravus. In the TGS trailer, he even seemed to be questioning Noctis' worth of carrying the ring, rather than just wanting him dead. And he has no reason to hate him, anyway.

OrionX

Ravus' entire motivation seems to be
power driven. When Niflheim killed his mother and took Tenebrae, he didn't have many options as a child. He could fight and die, or he could try to work within Niflheim to build power for himself. That doesn't necessarily mean he likes them, he just doesn't want to be weak and is willing to side with anyone who will give him power, at least for the time being. Regis didn't stick around to help them, he just went back to Lucis and hid behind his wall. It's pretty much the same reason why the Kingsglaive turns on Regis, because he was willing to sacrifice their homes beyond the wall.
Of course, he doesn't get much attention in the movie, so some of this is just assumptions I'm making about his character. I do think he seems rather one-dimensional at the moment, though.

Ishida

Banned
s there anything you don't like about FFXV?
You didn't think he was a
secondary villain in the movie?

He's metal arm is kinda cool I guess.
He wears that because his arm got burned right?

Something I don't like about FFXV? Mmmh... I think that the fact that you can only control Noctis bothers me, but just a bit.

Aliasing is also quite evident and IQ is not really great. But that could be fixed on the Pro version, which I'm plan on getting.

Mmmhh.. I also would've wanted to experience the escape from Insomnia. Seemed like a cool setpiece. But again, not a dealbreaker for me.

That's about it, really. :)

Philippo

Nice to have a confirmation on Luna being a guest.
Wonder how she'll fight too, with the trident i guess? Who knows about her battle style, since all of her dresses doesn't look like suited for combat.

power driven. When Niflheim killed his mother and took Tenebrae, he didn't have many options as a child. He could fight and die, or he could try to work within Niflheim to build power for himself. That doesn't necessarily mean he likes them, he just doesn't want to be weak and is willing to side with anyone who will give him power, at least for the time being. Regis didn't stick around to help them, he just went back to Lucis and hid behind his wall. It's pretty much the same reason why the Kingsglaive turns on Regis, because he was willing to sacrifice their homes beyond the wall.
Of course, he doesn't get much attention in the movie, so some of this is just assumptions I'm making about his character. I do think he seems rather one-dimensional at the moment, though.

I still think that are two sides to Niflheim:

1. The greedy empire seeking to rule the world.

A group of a few villains, including Ardyn, Ravus, and maybe Verstael, who are using Niflheim's conquest to benefit their own agendas and plan to overthrow the Empire in general for another means. Perhaps Ardyn can to Ravus and told him that if he joined this "group", he can eventually get revenge on Regis, Noctis AND Niflheim itself.

That is just a theory.

The Famitsu info sounds great. It's nice to have some clarification in regards to Luna, Noctis, and the summons. It's interesting that you can't call Shiva at will, either.
I'd previously missed the eye color change from Noctis to Noctis Snow, too. Regis didn't have red eyes, so it's intriguing how that all ties into Ardyn's recent trailer dialogue.

World of FF looks really unappealing to me, I'll pass >_>

Tifa's Final Heaven, though!

pablito

If it's something like that, then I can work with it.

I guess something I don't like about FFXV is the grenade lobbing thing. Couldn't it just be casted like Kingsglaive? If ring magic isn't a grenade lob, then I'll forgive it. If not, that'll be a mod I hope gets done if there's ever a PC version lol.

Philippo

Are we exceting something new?
Or the same Ch1-3 shit?

I guess they'll show Shiva's Diamond Dust?

But then again, the TGS demonstration was so bad i don't know what to expect.

Are we exceting something new?
Or the same Ch1-3 shit?

I guess they'll show Shiva's Diamond Dust?

But then again, the TGS demonstration was so bad i don't know what to expect.

The game was supposed to be out today. They're probably scrambling on what else they can show.

Look forward to fishing, $35 jacket DLC, Duscae, maybe Shiva, Duscae.

wmlk

This hasn't even been announced in English. Expect very little. Probably more merchandising stuff since it's in their new Cafe.

wmlk

There's reason to believe that there's going to be one other big showing, considering that Tabata had already said Leviathan was to be shown off next after Titan at E3. Those plans were likely pushed back after the delay announcement.

Just don't expect anything out of this Japan only ATR taking place in what's basically an FFXV merch shop. Lol

Tyaren

They are having this ATR on the initial release day that they had to abandon. I hope they will give fans something as a little compensation. I also hope they don't think even more merch is a compensation. The last ATR was basically shopping TV. .__.

tumblr_odw3f4Yd0x1qgio5qo1_400.gif
tumblr_odw3f4Yd0x1qgio5qo2_400.gif

Philippo

Jokes aside can i actually go and see the ATR live?
And they won't kick me out because the place opens tomorrow?

Just saying because i'm already heading there lol

They are having this ATR on the initial release day that they had to abandon. I hope they will give fans something as a little compensation. I also hope they don't think even more merch is a compensation. The last ATR was basically shopping TV. .__.

I just want to see some higher level gameplay. They don't need to spoil us on anything story wise or show the characters maxed out, but even though the combat looks good, I want to see more of the really crazy things, like the DBZ-level shit against Aranea. It feels like they just keep showing off the combat options from the first 2-3 hours of the game, and it's like "oh that looks pretty decent!", but then I just see this little tiny section of aerial combat footage that makes me so excited I literally yell.

It's even a recurring thing! Pretty much everything shown to me for months just makes me say, "Oh, well it probably won't be that amazing or what I was dreaming about in 2013 but it should still be good" and then the stuff they don't make a big deal out of, like the first development progress report vid, makes me aware of all this cool shit that I didn't even know was in the game.

Jokes aside can i actually go and see the ATR live?
And they won't kick me out because the place opens tomorrow?

Just saying because i'm already heading there lol

Tell Tabata that he and Nomura are invited to my celebratory dinner party a decade from now when I'm revealed as the first western director of a mainline Final Fantasy.

Oh, and if you have extra time, ask him if I'm right or not about the gang's favorite rappers:

Noctis - Kanye
Ignis - Young Thug
Gladio - Future
Prompto - Soujia Boy

yeah people all mad about Stella but the hooded man and his badass magic rings are the real loss!

Philippo

Do we know who designed Ravus? Nomura or Ferrari?

Tell Tabata that he and Nomura are invited to my celebratory dinner party a decade from now when I'm revealed as the first western director of a mainline Final Fantasy.

Oh, and if you have extra time, ask him if I'm right or not about the gang's favorite rappers:

Noctis - Kanye
Ignis - Young Thug
Gladio - Future
Prompto - Soujia Boy

Man if i get to shake Tabata's hand i'll scream like a little girl!
I really hope i'm not going there for nothing lol

Mediking

So where is the OT ??

??? Hahahaha! Kagari is making the Final Fantasy XV OT. The game got delayed till November. We won't see the magical OT until then.

And I still say the release of the game will stop alotta speculation talk. Looking forward to the discussions about our own experiences about the game.

Perfo

Thirteen flew over the cuckoo's nest
these little animations really make the game feel much more alive. In fact, i keep seeing animations i've never seen before. Wonder how many there are? Cos it seems like an extreme amount, more than most games. It looks great and surprises me everytime

That's really the most amazing aspect of it. These characters are so alive!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom