• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XV Episode Duscae |OT| Brought to you by Coleman™

wmlk

I rarely ever take selfies, but I can definitely see rich young adults from Fantasy-Tokyo taking them. Camera modes are always fun in video games anyway.

I think some battles might be more hectic than others. Like maybe more enemies or something? Like the more setpiece ones or the story battles or something?

We've already been against tons of enemies at once in the demo, unless that's like not even close to the amount of enemies we might be able to fight at once in the full game.

That's just a weird metric to go by though. There could be fast paced battles against just a few enemies or even just one.

We've already been against tons of enemies at once in the demo, unless that's like not even close to the amount of enemies we might be able to fight at once in the full game.

That's just a weird metric to go by though. There could be fast paced battles against just a few enemies or even just one.

Yeah well I am trying to figure it out in my head, and it was kinda the first thing that popped in my mind lol But if you do look at the E3 trailer you have more enemies than we faced and coming from all different angles and stuff. I just find it an odd thing to say lol I guess we will see

I rarely ever take selfies, but I can definitely see rich young adults from Fantasy-Tokyo taking them. Camera modes are always fun in video games anyway.

I can see Prompto taking them, and the rest of the gang bitch slapping him for his transgressions.

"mechanicgrrl Hanging with @Gladibaraboy 2day! �� He asked me out but I turned him down #lmao #likeabrother #sorrybro ����"

Imagine a heavily filtered image of Cidney and Gladiolus here. I'm good thanks.

Dark_castle

"mechanicgrrl Hanging with @Gladibaraboy 2day! �� He asked me out but I turned him down #lmao #likeabrother #sorrybro ����"

Imagine a heavily filtered image of Cidney and Gladiolus here. I'm good thanks.

#justbeatabehemoth

*selfie with the corpse of Dead Eye*

Why wait for a function, people have been taking selfies in FFXV since the day the demo came out.

TpY1p54.jpg

Philippo

Lol i'm imagining Prompto taking a picture of a still sleeping Noct.

"Wake up bro it's time for minster slaying! #sleepyprince #royalkid #meanpranks"

Koozek

How did they do that? Noctis even did the awkward selfie expression, so that can't just be smart fiddling with the ingame camera, can it?

I guess by moving around the camera in that narrow space, waiting for Noctis to look at or talk with one of the party members and capturing at the right moment by accident.

I'd like the selfie feature in this game tbh

What does it even mean by that though? That they'll speed up Noctis's animation speeds for certain events and slow it down for others?
I'm assuming that means that there will be times Noctis may be injured and needs to fight? Or maybe it's when he's hit by Slow? On the opposite end, there may be fast battles near the end game when he has all the Phantom swords he can obtain? Or with Haste.

I'm assuming that means that there will be times Noctis may be injured and needs to fight? Or maybe it's when he's hit by Slow? On the opposite end, there may be fast battles near the end game when he has all the Phantom swords he can obtain? Or with Haste.

My guesses are:

Fast - setpieces (E3 trailer)
Regular - 90% of the game (fields, dungeons, bosses, etc.)
Slow - Big enemies (Adamantaimai, Catoblepas, maybe Titan too)

I think it just refers to the pacing of the battle.

Koozek

Okay, so Libra actually was mentioned in that HK interview. My theory about Prompto's photography working like Libra could be true then^^ Or you know what, maybe it's Noctis with his cellphone. Meaning the player has to take a picture of enemies in first-person view to analyze them (weak points, item drops, stats, etc.).

"About battle speed, Tabata did not elaborate on how differences (slow v. fast) will be achieved. Libra is from this interview."
https://twitter.com/VSXIII/status/584079374166528000

"XV might have a different kind of Libra implemented into the system. It's not going to be a form of magic, apparently."
https://twitter.com/VSXIII/status/583603997535117312

Dunan

Okay, so Libra actually was mentioned in that HK interview. My theory about Prompto's photography working like Libra could be true then^^ Or you know what, maybe it's Noctis with his cellphone. Meaning the player has to take a picture of enemies in first-person view to analyze them (weak points, item drops, stats, etc.).

The phone takes a picture, connecting to the game world's version of Google or Wikipedia using a Siri-like virtual person (let's make it a Moogle; rhymes with Google), which displays monster data in a modern-era bestiary.

Libra is so 20th-century. Now we look stuff up on Moogle.com!

Koozek

The phone takes a picture, connecting to the game world's version of Google or Wikipedia using a Siri-like virtual person (let's make it a Moogle; rhymes with Google), which displays monster data in a modern-era bestiary.

Haha, nice. SE, hire this woman/man.

I can hear some people rolling their eyes at this already, but I personally think it's a fantastic idea.

That's what excited/excites me so much about XV, at least in concept; It's really neat seeing FF conventions (and well, RPG conventions in general) get translated into a modern setting.

wmlk

So, just came back from gawking and how amazing Xenoblade's Gaur Plains was on the Wii, and I really hope that there are areas in the game that are more interesting geographically. I don't just mean cities/towns like Accordo.

Gaur Plains is just as empty as Duscae but had more of an interesting twist to it visually in my opinion, and Duscae seems to be at the same point in the game as Gaur Plains if we're to go off speculation. I'm interested in seeing the verticality and just the world designs of the fields later in the game.

Koozek

I can hear some people rolling their eyes at this already, but I personally think it's a fantastic idea.

That's what excited/excites me so much about XV, at least in concept; It's really neat seeing FF conventions (and well, RPG conventions in general) get translated into a modern setting.

Yup, I want them to go all out with these things :) It's refreshing and unique.

chozen

I'm just going to say, He probably brought up this photo taking thing because of my request in the demo survey. I specifically had a full section saying how "I remember Nomura said photos can be taken with Noctis' Cell phone and I haven't seen that shown or mentioned anywhere. It would be great if you can bring it back in some form" And I supposed the player has too many buttons on the controller that he's adding photography on Ignis. Nowhere have I ever heard a character had a thing for photos in the group, this is newly added so he can have photos in, which i'm totally fine with.

Falk

that puzzling face

While you guys are on the subject of photography.

yes it should have been a selfie-style but i didn't have net access at the convention because shit reception so i was oblivious to the thread. will see what i can do tomorrow!

Falk

that puzzling face

wmlk

This time, strictly no due to the material in the setlist. (Some blogs may write about it soon, but as far as I know photos and video were strictly disallowed)

Yeah, that's what I figured. Probably Terra Battle and FFXV stuff.

Either case, we'll hear about it soon enough.

It's really cool to see you three at Anime Boston, though.

Falk

that puzzling face
Well, just so there isn't any awkward preconceptions, it wasn't Square Enix who told us that.

Whatever hypotheses, guesses or conclusions you have, that's all I can say on the subject.

Sounds like serious business

it's how you get permission to play the awesome stuff at concerts though :D

Koozek

Well, just so there isn't any awkward preconceptions, it wasn't Square Enix who told us that.

Whatever hypotheses, guesses or conclusions you have, that's all I can say on the subject.

it's how you get permission to play the awesome stuff at concerts though :D

KH3 then, I guess. Well, not interesting to me, anyway.

Top Bottom