• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XV Episode Duscae |OT| Brought to you by Coleman™

Dunan

Seems like you have to be friends with him to be able to post on his FB wall, hmm. Try his Twitter or Tumblr. I could do it for you on Twitter and link to your post if you like or have no Twitter account^^

Yes, please do; I have Facebook but no Twitter or anything else. One social media outlet is enough! ^_^;

Dunan

Wan accepts anyone on FB AFAIK (he accepted me on FB at least), so just do that.

I sent him a friend request. It feels kind of weird, because I haven't actually met him, but I suspect we have some mutual friends, and I play baseball in what he gives as his neighborhood. ^_^;

Those Nilfheim soliders are annoying as hell.
Fighting against a horde of Garulas and they emerge again and again

How about special bases/compounds of those soliders in the region, and as soon as you get close to their base they will attack you? Inside of those you will finde treasures and other material

And there could be some troups marching around the region/searching for you.

wmlk

I can't guess at who the people are supposed to be, but I'm going to take a stab at what the writing on the banner at the bottom says.

I think they just transliterated English into an alphabet of their own making, and that it says:

STARS AND MOON GUARD THE NIGHT, WOULD THAT MAY RULE COME DAWN

(There are no Google hits for this exact phrase, so either it's wrong or this is the first attempt at solving it. I had to take some guesses;
three of the four Ds
are obscured, as are
the only instances of W and Y
.)

Now that's not quite grammatical English, but it certainly feels right, given that
Stella, Luna, and Noctis mean 'stars', 'moon', and 'night' (OK, 'of the night')
in Latin. It would be better as the more wistful
'stars and moon guard the night; would that they rule come dawn', with the dawn in the future
or the more directly forward-looking
'stars and moon guard the night, that they may rule come dawn'

And, of course, I could be totally wrong and seeing words where there's nothing to see. If anyone has any ideas for corrections, I'm all ears!

This is cool!

If you're that keen on it, then just tweet Yusuke Naora and message Wan Hazmer on FB. Naora tweeted back to Exentryk IIRC.

Koozek

I admit to not being on this game's hype train at all. I knew that Stella's design had changed from the original a decade or so ago, but... she's
not in the game? Dead?

Nobody knows if she got renamed/redesigned to Luna or if Stella and Luna are two different characters. The former is more likely after the demo's secret movie. We'll see at E3 :p

Koozek

CBrQXq-UgAAdbkQ.jpg

Thanks to VSXIII: https://twitter.com/VSXIII/status/584008235197173760

EDIT: The interview in Japanese/Chinese for those who can understand: http://www.twitch.tv/playstationhk/b/639496859

I bet Prompto is the photo guy.

Also yay, FNC confirmed, haters gonna hate.

I'm not sure how they're going to implement the Summons without making them feel overpowered. I don't think they should be usable in every battle like they are in the demo, they should be tied to a stat resource so people think twice before wasting them.

I'm not sure how they're going to implement the Summons without making them feel overpowered. I don't think they should be usable in every battle like they are in the demo, they should be tied to a stat resource so people think twice before wasting them.

I mean its been confirmed since 2006 lol

Koozek

Yeah, probably Prompto. Apparently Tabata mentioned the photography part with regards to the battle system and iirc the other day Tabata said somehwere that the Libra spell in FFXV might be different than before, so maybe Prompto can analyze enemies by photographing them.
Now the question is: what is Gladiolus' special talent?

If they keep the demo's summon system that would be ridiculous. At least make them only usable once after every time you rest at camp. And even then it would be OP and exploitable for side bosses if they want the damage to match the magnitude of the summon's attack, that is. If the demo's summon only did a few thousand damage it would look silly.

Hopefully we get the ability to take selfies too.

I'm not actually sure if I'm serious or not. It would be both stupid and amazing at the same time.

funkypie

Banned
I'm enjoying th demo. At first I didn't like the hold a to awesome combat but plays a lot better after awhile. The dropships are annoying as fuck, you're fighting a large group of those elephants including the gold ones and they just don't stop coming.

Yeah, probably Prompto. Apparently Tabata mentioned the photography part with regards to the battle system and iirc the other day Tabata said somehwere that the Libra spell in FFXV might be different than before, so maybe Prompto can analyze enemies by photographing them.

If they keep the demo's summon system that would be ridiculous. At least make them only usable once after every time you rest at camp. And even then it would be OP and exploitable for side bosses if they want the damage to match the magnitude of the summon's attack, that is. If the demo's summon only did a few thousand damage it would look silly.

Oh wow that would fit the "fantasy based on reality" mythos nicely. They should also make potions come in Cola Bottles like in Agni's Philosophy :p.

Yes they have a tough job on their hands balancing them. The once per camp idea sounds good. Or perhaps only let it be useable if you have a certain amount of XP on hand (without having camped), that way you add a risk/reward dynamic. Do I continue and risk the XP I've collected just so I have a chance at using the summon? Something like that.

It's not like FF doesn't have a past of being able to exploit the Summons, but I think the size of this guy in particular and the fact it was a one hit kill on a boss made it look extra ridiculous.

koutoru

If any game could benefit from a photo mode, it's this one.

TBH, I would sometimes just pause the game just to spin the camera and look around.

Photo mode would also be especially useful during battle.

Koozek

Oh wow that would fit the "fantasy based on reality" mythos nicely. They should also make potions come in Cola Bottles like in Agni's Philosophy :p.

Yes they have a tough job on their hands balancing them. The once per camp idea sounds good. Or perhaps only let it be useable if you have a certain amount of XP on hand (without having camped), that way you add a risk/reward dynamic. Do I continue and risk the XP I've collected just so I have a chance at using the summon? Something like that.

It's not like FF doesn't have a past of being able to exploit the Summons, but I think the size of this guy in particular and the fact it was a one hit kill on a boss made it look extra ridiculous.

That analyze-by-photographing is only an idea of mine, he didn't talk about it in that interview. I don't even remember where I read that Libra thing recently^^ Maybe it was about Mobius FF and not FFXV. Does someone know?

Oh, that idea with the XP is not bad! I'm really curious what they're going to come up with.
I remember using GFs ALL THE TIME in FFVIII back in the days. Only years later did I learn about how the whole Draw system works and how levels scale and whatnot, haha. A friend of mine was overleveled with Squall only, with the rest of the party super low, and couldn't beat the last boss anymore. It was never explained in the game itself.

Zoe

They do come in bottles at least. I think there's a gif of a goblin drinking one and then smashing it.

I'm enjoying th demo. At first I didn't like the hold a to awesome combat but plays a lot better after awhile. The dropships are annoying as fuck, you're fighting a large group of those elephants including the gold ones and they just don't coming.

this i hope they fix this in the final game.

Jomjom

Banned
I'm enjoying th demo. At first I didn't like the hold a to awesome combat but plays a lot better after awhile. The dropships are annoying as fuck, you're fighting a large group of those elephants including the gold ones and they just don't coming.

I thought it made it more challenging though.

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
Nomura said a few years ago Noctis had a smart phone with which he could take pictures of the environment. I wonder if that's still a thing.

Dark_castle

I can't guess at who the people are supposed to be, but I'm going to take a stab at what the writing on the banner at the bottom says.

I think they just transliterated English into an alphabet of their own making, and that it says:

STARS AND MOON GUARD THE NIGHT, WOULD THAT MAY RULE COME DAWN

(There are no Google hits for this exact phrase, so either it's wrong or this is the first attempt at solving it. I had to take some guesses;
three of the four Ds
are obscured, as are
the only instances of W and Y
.)

Now that's not quite grammatical English, but it certainly feels right, given that
Stella, Luna, and Noctis mean 'stars', 'moon', and 'night' (OK, 'of the night')
in Latin. It would be better as the more wistful
'stars and moon guard the night; would that they rule come dawn', with the dawn in the future
or the more directly forward-looking
'stars and moon guard the night, that they may rule come dawn'

And, of course, I could be totally wrong and seeing words where there's nothing to see. If anyone has any ideas for corrections, I'm all ears!

So...Stella and Luna guards Noctis. And I heard there was going to be a Noctis orgy. So, Stella is alive, Luna is a different character, and there will be a threesome scene!

For people complaining about the summon being overpowered, do you guys really think they'll have summons one-shot everything in the final game? I can almost guarantee that Ramuh's damage and the behemoth's health are both that way in the demo because they specifically wanted you to have to use Ramuh to beat him the first time.

I agree with tying the summoning to resources or special conditions though. I'd like to be able to call them myself rather than them being used as a bail out tool.

What does it even mean by that though? That they'll speed up Noctis's animation speeds for certain events and slow it down for others?

I think some battles might be more hectic than others. Like maybe more enemies or something? Like the more setpiece ones or the story battles or something?

Canucked

I finally got around to trying the demo. I actually didn't mind the voice work at all. And had a lot of fun with it.

Excited for the final (and smoother) version, but this was a good preview for me.

Top Bottom