• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XV Episode Duscae |OT| Brought to you by Coleman™

Exentryk

Regarding camping:
- Running back to camp spots while you're fighting and exploring is annoying.
- The camping cutscene is not skip-able, and that is annoying.
- There is no manual way of casting buffs in battles, which sucks. Maybe it'll be in final game when magic is included? There might be items that bestow these buffs as well.
- Camping regularly makes the buffed state your default state, and it can be taken for granted. You don't get that feeling of increased damage when you cast bravery or faith IN battle like in previous games. Or you don't feel the effect of debuffs if you constantly have immune status. You don't even notice what enemies can cast debuffs.

The devs are designing this based off the road trip and camping concept. But is it actually a good gameplay mechanic? Or is it more of a nuisance?

Perhaps an option in the menu to camp from anywhere (outside of battles) and a quick EXP tally mode skipping all the unnecessary cutscenes (if you want)?

P.S. - There also needs to be a way to change the time of day manually in the full game.

Falk

that puzzling face
You can warp back to the last camp spot you used.

Though with the loading time incurred sometimes it's actually faster to walk back.

I think the mechanics themselves are fine, and we have no idea how magic buffs work. What probably needs to be looked at since it's probably unintentional is how the whole concept of choosing between RVs for an XP boost vs a campsite for an XP boost buff, is kind of lost since the best practice is to ALWAYS go to a RV, sleep, make beeline for camp, sleep again.

Exentryk

You can warp back to the last camp spot you used.

Though with the loading time incurred sometimes it's actually faster to walk back.

I think the mechanics themselves are fine, and we have no idea how magic buffs work. What probably needs to be looked at since it's probably unintentional is how the whole concept of choosing between RVs for an XP boost vs a campsite for an XP boost buff, is kind of lost since the best practice is to ALWAYS go to a RV, sleep, make beeline for camp, sleep again.

It's annoying more than anything. Since people are going to use a RV and then go to camp site, might as well both together (in a RV site). I actually didn't bother with RV then campsite coz it was too annoying to run between them.

Have this stuff in the menu would be so much more convenient. Warping back to the last used campsite is one thing, but you still have to manually return to the area you were exploring. Just becomes a chore after a while.

Exentryk

Wallpapers that you get after completing the FFXV survey:

eGQh9dQ.jpg

WKIk3jM.jpg

5y9jXIh.jpg

Natheren

Just did the survey. Mentioned how lock-on needs to be worked on, the camera has some issues, went ahead and suggest a climb and grab mechanic since I'm not 100% if it's ever been confirmed and wasn't in the demo, party members can get in the way in tight areas, feels odd not being able to not jump on certain still objects like parked cars or walk up the truck ramp, the ability to swim in water to get across the lakes, and the day and night cycle feels too short. Hopefully some of these things get addressed in the final game.

raven777

Well those wallpapers look terrible.

Also in-game model will never look that good when you actually play the game (in terms of aliasing)

Those are some crappy wallpapers.

They really are.

*sigh* I really got to get to playing this demo more. I didn't really do any story stuff, just explored, did the cave and have been practicing with the battle mechanics a bit. Type-0 has been consuming all my gaming time. Maybe over the weekend I can put some serious time into the demo so I can partake in the feedback.

Twookie

some of the questions in the survey was weird. I have all the consoles I want, why do I have to plan on getting another one to proceed to the next question

also, 1000 symbols weren't that much. I felt like I had more feedback to give than what I were able to give :(

Falk

that puzzling face
Just noticed yesterday that Prompto has a kick move

And it does more damage than when he shoots

olololo

Roen boots stronk

the best practice is to ALWAYS go to a RV, sleep, make beeline for camp, sleep again.

........ I feel dumb for not figuring this out myself.

Lol, I didn't even realize that those 4 dudes might be representing the Noctis & Co. Hmm...
Here's a better version of the image.

When you guys were talking about the betrayal angle, I wish that you would have talked about the ending artwork in which we can see Ignis looking sad/hurt.
Oh shit, I think you guys are right!! Mind blown. So is this art supposed to be some many-centuries-later depiction of the events of FFXV? Does Noctis have his own religion in the future? haha
Sakimoto at Distant World at E3!? FFXII HD confirmed.
Sakimoto is gonna be at the Pittsburgh Distant Worlds in August, too. Gonna meet him for the first time :)

Koozek

Oh shit, I think you guys are right!! Mind blown. So is this art supposed to be some many-centuries-later depiction of the events of FFXV? Does Noctis have his own religion in the future? haha

Nah, probably more like the distant past. Noctis' ancestors were sword summoners, too. You can see the swords in the middle pointing to the creatures at the bottom.

Looking back at that artwork, isn't it more likely that that squid like being isn't Ultros but is actually Kraken, one of the four fiends from Final Fantasy 1?

The fallen angel like figure next to the mermaid on the right could be Diabolos.

Also could those people in the sky be the Knights of the Round or the spirits that give Noctis control over all that weaponry?

Geg

Posting this from the other thread:
Yeah, he looked amazing. Honestly, I wish the whole game embodied this look. :(

But man, I hate this picture. You can see Noctix and Stellaluna got ENLARGED irises compared to the rest. A bit uncanny valley there...

Goddammit I never noticed that before but you're right

Maybe it's because they both see the door of souls or whatever

Luna has normal-sized irises.

Luna not Stella confirmed
I did it I solved the mystery

Geg

Oh wow I was playing through the demo again today and straight up fell through the level geometry into the void below. One of the goblins in the cave got stuck in a wall and when I warped to it I fell in a pit I wasn't supposed to be able to access and kept falling until it gave me the game over message. Let's hope they fix all that shit

MrBS

I had fun with the demo. It does seem unfinished but I was ready for that. Thinking back to my worries with FFXII after the midling to bad demo that came with DQVIII I'm expecting much better things from XV in the full game ;)

Falk

that puzzling face
So you mean the 30-odd page thread about people whining about no females might be all for naught?! This is surely a first in GAF history! -___-

Eh, it's gonna be more of another 30-odd page thread about people commenting on how the FFXV team is willing to scramble all over each other and apparently rewrite huge swathes of the story to include female guest characters just specifically in response to feedback/complaints. How absolutely magical.

Also nice to hear it repeated that the combat is far from done. I'm excited to see all the new additions.

It's... kind of obvious? I still honestly doubt the core is changing, but there's lots of systems missing in the demo. Magic for one. Proper summon implementation for another, now that Tabata has come out and said it.

Not to mention aerial combat, coop chains, more weapon choices, more weapon ability choices, defensive equipment, additional armiger abilities, the ability to actually choose your cooking buffs, just to name a few.

wmlk

Tabata's weird statement started this whole mess. He's not wrong, but it came across as a definitive statement on genders (when it's not).

“It’s possible we’ll have female characters join the party as guests. But since it’s an all-mate party, when you have a female character as a guest, their behavior might change because a woman is around.”

This possibility is EXACTLY what I've been saying for a while now. Looks like we'll get guest characters(females guest characters as well!). Also, considering the focus on the guys bonding, I'm kinda eager to see them change up mannerisms when someone like Luna(Stella) starts to tag along. It might be kinda cute!

KoopaTheCasual

Eh, it's gonna be more of another 30-odd page thread about people commenting on how the FFXV team is willing to scramble all over each other and apparently rewrite huge swathes of the story to include female guest characters just specifically in response to feedback/complaints. How absolutely magical.

It's... kind of obvious? I still honestly doubt the core is changing, but there's lots of systems missing in the demo. Magic for one. Proper summon implementation for another, now that Tabata has come out and said it.

Not to mention aerial combat, coop chains, more weapon choices, more weapon ability choices, defensive equipment, additional armiger abilities, the ability to actually choose your cooking buffs, just to name a few.
Ugh you're right, people are not gonna take this as "this was the plan all along" but think Tabata somehow changed massive plot points in a week. I can already see the concern coming.

And oh yea, I know it's obvious and I'm not even paranoid to the point of thinking they got cut. It just sounds nice to my ear holes that it's repeated so frequently.

Kazuhira

This demo rekindled my interest in final fantasy.
I love they´re bringing back the hunt marks and the neat UI seems to be inspired by 12 too,imo.
Also, summoning is epic as hell and i can´t wait to see bahamut.

Tabata's weird statement started this whole mess. He's not wrong, but it came across as a definitive statement on genders (when it's not).

it seems like he always wants to say the right thing to please everyone....what i appreciate (his direct feeds) But he should stick to his philosophy (like Nomura did) and not try to justify everything.

You cant please everyone Tabata

Koozek

Thought this might interest those who feel the voice direction doesn't fit the cast (especially Noctis):
Okay, apparently LR's Chris Borders is the voice director of FFXV, too. He worked on a lot of western AAA games like Gears of War, Mass Effect, etc.
That might explain the gruff, deep voices and the broody delivery of Noctis and Gladiolus if he's used to cast Bald Space Marines™ :D

Top Bottom