• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XV Gamescom Schedule, features 17+ 2-hour Duscae LPs and an ATR

Mcdohl

So everything leaked before E3 but nothing has leaked so far before Gamescom.

GGG
Good Game Germany

Either way, more than gameplay and story, I kind of want to see new areas: snowy, beach, mountain, desert, ruins, forest, swamp, airship factory, lava caverns, graveyard of the ancients, jungle, mines, etc etc etc

It doesn't have to be those areas, but you get my point.

Variety :)

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
So everything leaked before E3 but nothing has leaked so far before Gamescom.

GGG
Good Game Germany

Either way, more than gameplay and story, I kind of want to see new areas: snowy, beach, mountain, desert, ruins, forest, swamp, airship factory, lava caverns, graveyard of the ancients, jungle, mines, etc etc etc

It doesn't have to be those areas, but you get my point.

Variety :)

Pretty hard for a trailer to leak.

Mariip

That's the graveyard schedule for AAA games.

Sept-Nov 2016 book it back to school time of year

Meh... the people who were waiting for game when it was announced are already in college/working now, it doesn' t matter which month it's releasing, a lot of people will buy it day one

And i'm one of those sad sad people i-i

wmlk

Okay... like I said... did you not see what I posted about the Gamescom Award Regulations?

For what it's worth, I do think that people are actively avoiding your posts about this.

I think it may come down to two things. One of which would be an unexpected delay in the release cycle for this game, leading to a Fall 2016 release. Another outcome (this is less likely) is that they have listings for FFXV as a nomination because they want to drum up interest in the game, and it being visible as much as possible would help.

Keep in mind that The Witcher 3 had a similar situation where it was absent for its last Gamescom. That was because of the delay.

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
I'm really looking forward for a more detailed update on this game and how it has deviated from Nomura's original plan. I loved what was shown at E3 2013 but I fear a lot of that sense of action and scale will be lost in favor of a more laid back storyline. I'd also like to see the combat speed and sense of impact of the October 2014(?) trailer come back. What I saw of Duscae looked much slower. I want to be excited for this game but I'm honestly not sure how similar it's going to be to the game I got excited for 10 years ago.

Squire

Banned
I mean, based on what I just posted, that's not a possibility...

SE doesn't give a shit about rules to win an award from some trade show. The show doesn't really care themselves. Somebody told them the game's out in 2016 and that's it, if anything. They don't have to keep their word. What's GC gonna do about it? But as stated: No one is even that invested in the situation to begin with.

Tabata: The release is further than you think.

lol

I like how you posted "Fall." and everyone quoted it and then forgot. LOL

Edit: Yoi guys are giving too much weight to the GC awards thing. You want to believe in that more than quotes from SE themselves.

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
And also consider SE typically do one year media cycles for a lot of their games. FFXIV ARR, XIII-2, LR and Type-0 PSP all had a year or close to it.

I'm curious though, how many games are coming out from SE next year? They look a lot but that might be only for the JP side. I'm guessing their Western line up will look like this:

Star Ocean 5
Final Fantasy XV
Kingdom Hearts 3
Dragon Quest Builders
World of Final Fantasy
Final Fantasy XII HD

Reveirg

I'm curious though, how many games are coming out from SE next year? They look a lot but that might be only for the JP side. I'm guessing their Western line up will look like this:

Star Ocean 5
Final Fantasy XV
Kingdom Hearts 3
Dragon Quest Builders
World of Final Fantasy
Final Fantasy XII HD

That'd be a spectacular change of pace from this year's S-E Japan's output in NA/Europe.

We got Heavensward and Type-0 in the first half and that's pretty much it.

Kagari

Crystal Bearer

Star Ocean 5
Final Fantasy XV
Kingdom Hearts 3
Dragon Quest Builders
World of Final Fantasy
Final Fantasy XII HD

idk but they're turning around quite a bit aren't they.

oimori

http://eu.square-enix.com/en/blog/final-fantasy-xv-episode-duscae-20

With gamescom around the corner more news will be coming regarding FINAL FANTASY XV, so I wanted to reach out to the community to see what your experience has been so far with the recent updates on EPISODE DUSCAE. Reading your comments on Facebook as well as on the various trailers you are all looking forward to hearing the story unfold, yes? Or is it more about wanting to know more about the characters or the environments in the game?

Well, the exciting news is that there is now an Active Time Report 7 planned for August 5th, 2015!

Falk

that puzzling face
nah i just wanna finally play duscae 2.0 :(

edit: YOU MAY THINK I'M JOKING BUT I'VE BEEN TRAVELLING SINCE APRIL OK

Perfo

Thirteen flew over the cuckoo's nest
My point is that when Square Enix begins a proper marketing cycle for their games (note: like they've said they are now starting for FFXV), it USUALLY means the game is no more than 6-9 months (+/- a month or two) from its debut release. 13+ months of previews, trailers & shit is just excessive, especially after they've already been showing Episode Duscae for almost a year. To think that they might still take almost 15 months to market the full game?

Even the examples you gave had 6-11 months of marketing, so I don't understand how you are suggesting FFXV would have promotion for 13-15 months. Where, exactly, is the logic in that? Even based on your own "evidence", a far more likelier scenario is some May 2016 -

I also strongly agree with this. There s at the moment nothing hinting at a later release than spring. Worse case late June but even so is a bit stretched. Square Enix seems confident already to start a full marketing push and release it.

Reveirg

I also strongly agree with this. There s at the moment nothing hinting at a later release than spring. Worse case late June but even so is a bit stretched. Square Enix seems confident already to start a full marketing push and release it.

Kagari's usually right about these things though :p

I feel like a mainline Final Fantasy needs to have an E3 presence. The game hasn't been at E3 since its reveal. I think we're looking at sometime after June 2016. If I had to bet I'd say September.

Perfo

Thirteen flew over the cuckoo's nest
Kagari's usually right about these things though :p

She s just guessing from what I understand without any real proof. So really any opinion on this topic is the same by this point. We re all just guessing by now.

DJIzana

I'd play it.

I feel like Square knows that we want to see more areas from the game. Hopefully the save most of the set pieces and show the environments we really get to explore.

This is what I am *dying* to see. Media blackout after I've seen all the areas I've wanted, basically.

Story... I honestly could do with one story trailer and nothing else. I'd rather be surprised with that. Exploration and more music is what I'd like to see most.

Lucreto

Silly question,

Do I need to start a new game on Episode Duscae 2.0 to take advantage of the upgrades?

Or can I continue my game I am currently playing after defeating the Behemoth?

I haven't played it since the update.

Dark_castle

duscae 3.0 plz

giphy.gif

Top Bottom