• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XV - Main characters and Japanese voice cast revealed

Zoe

I saw what he said, but since he removed it I won't repeat it.

It wasn't actual confirmation of anything, but what he saw implied that something was possible.

Fuu

Formerly Alaluef (not Aladuf)
I want this game to come out right now but fuck me if I want them to "rush" it... Sounds hilarious considering how long this thing has been cooking, but it is what it is. Wouldn't mind a 2015 or even later release if it meant the game would retain the polish and scope it needs to have.

kurahador

I saw what he said, but since he removed it I won't repeat it.

It wasn't actual confirmation of anything, but what he saw implied that something was possible.

ij0zimcEOk8E3.gif

Thorgal

New thread for new news I guess. There's a new Jump scan floating around with descriptions of the main party in the game, and the Japanese voice cast for the characters (which is also in the Japanese press release for the game).

Noctis Lucis Caelum (Tatsuhisa Suzuki)
Prince of the Lucis Kingdom, possessing eyes which can sense the death of others. His close friends call him Noct.

Gladiolus Amicitia (Kenta Miyake)
The eldest son of a household tasked with protecting the royal family from generation to generation. A close friend of Noctis who is closer to him than a true brother.

Ignis Scientia (Mamoru Miyano)
A childhood friend of Noctis who grew up recieving gifted education befitting a staff officer. He understands Noctis well and is his confidant.

Prompto Argentum (Tetsuya Kakihara)
A friend who has been a bad influence to Noctis since his school days. While he can get carried away easily, there's another side of him which is driven to help friends in need.

Cor Leonis (Hiroki Touchi)
Head of Royal Family Guards, and one of the three strongest fighters in Lucis. While he is harsh to Noctis and the others, he is a true man of honor who takes his vows to king and country very seriously.

The characters are also the ones on the key visual poster they showed at the Future of FF media briefing. From left to right it's Prompto, Gladiolus, Noctis, Ignis, and Cor:

since i am not an expert on japanese seiyu's i was kinda wondering : how good is this line up ?

Voror

It had great implications about something. Read his edited post :)
I think he removed the post because he mentioned something pretty specific that might give away his identity.

I thought it was you but wasn't sure. I figured that was the reasoning behind it. Still, good news is good news. It was something he saw you said?

RedSwirl

Apparently some Japanese men aren't so keen on the character designs either.

From 2ch:
“Not more of these hosts. Quit it with the sex trade hairstyles, I can’t empathise with them at all.”

“Host Fantasy.”

“It looks like the health potions have been replaced by hairspray and perfume in this one.”

“Right, their hair gets messed up as they take damage.”

“Can you honestly look at this and tell me those characters do not resemble hosts?”

RedSwirl

But really, maybe this whole problem with Final Fantasy characters is how women feel about most female characters in games.

HeelPower

Apparently some Japanese men aren't so keen on the character designs either.

since when do Japanese people complain about effeminate men ? Also these are some of the most normal looking FF character designs to date. Men wearing suits who are friends of Noctis who is royalty. They are the upper class of society, the need to look pampered.

I don't think any of them looks too feminine either.

They did say they were planning on doing multiple games in this universe.

The fact that they look like a jpop group will make the inevitable Final Fantasy XV-2 dresssphere suitsphere edition all the easier to transition to. Not to mention it will allow Nomura to get the musical game he so desperately wants.

HeelPower

The fact that they look like a jpop group will make the inevitable Final Fantasy XV-2 dresssphere suitsphere edition all the easier to transition to. Not to mention it will allow Nomura to get the musical game he so desperately wants.

I want suitsphere in XV-1....I want dat. I don't want jpop musical but I want da suits.

ZenTzen

the question i ask myself is why would they continue with this model did XIII-2 even sell as well as XIII, i'm not even convinced LR is gonna sell that much

Famassu

the question i ask myself is why would they continue with this model did XIII-2 even sell as well as XIII, i'm not even convinced LR is gonna sell that much

It doesn't matter if XV-2 wouldn't sell as much as XV itself, the point is that they can recycle some assets + they already have some established gameplay systems & a game engine in place as well as a whole world with more or less rich history & characters, so they can create new content faster & more easily. They don't have to come up with a completely new world, gameplay and stuff, which takes a huge effort and some trial & error.

So... say XV sold 5 million copies and hardly broke even, then they make XV-2 in fraction of the time and that sold 2,5 million copies. In this scenarioa XV-2 might be infinitely more profitable than XV even if it sold half of what XV sold. Even better if XV is a great game and people REALLY like it and most of them come back for XV-2 if it offers something desireable and something else than an X-2 like departure from XV

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Nomura's finally done it.

His characters have become too hip for Japanese gamers.

Verendus

Banned
My wishlist for the summons that show up in this game (Leviathan would be a pick but he's already there):

Ifrit
Bahamut
Alexander
Phoenix

They could create some pretty cool battles surrounding those ones. Bahamut is an obvious aerial battle. Alexander could be a moving, huge obstacle which you have to stop (climb him, run across building to gain height etc.). Phoenix is made of flames and is cool, so you could do a lot of things with it. And Ifrit purely because he was left out in FFXIII. And outside of them, I'd like to see some original ones. No Odin since he carries the stench of Lightning, and the others can take a break for now. I'd like to see some cool original summons pop up though.

Probably expecting too much on the battle scale though.

Famassu

This is their bald space marine so of course they would be tired of it.
These are far from their bald space marines (for one, they actually have some personality). I mean, other than Sasuke/Noctis look-a-likeness, how are any of these characters the kind that you can see too often in Japanese games? They aren't even that typical for NOMURA'S designs, let alone as much of a cancer of the character art side of Japanese gaming as baldies are in the west.

If anything, these are many of Nomura's best designs, even if there is some similarity to Jpop groups. Ignis, Cor, Stella, Regis and the evil dudes all look quite different to what I remember playing in the JRPG scene in the last 10 years (or hell, ANY Japanese games).

HeelPower

These are far from their bald space marines (for one, they actually have some personality). I mean, other than Sasuke/Noctis look-a-likeness, how are any of these characters the kind that you can see too often in Japanese games? They aren't even that typical for NOMURA'S designs, let alone as much of a cancer of the character art side of Japanese gaming as baldies are in the west.

If anything, these are many of Nomura's best designs, even if there is some similarity to Jpop groups. Ignis, Cor, Stella, Regis and the evil dudes all look quite different to what I remember playing in the JRPG scene in the last 10 years (or hell, ANY Japanese games).

I personally think the designs in XV are uncommon in anime or games. Anyone can look around for themselves and see how fresh these designs are. People can troll all they want but we have got ourselves some excellent character designs (at least visually) I like how Nomura altered Noctis' design to eliminate sasuke likeness as well.We have yet to see CG or in game renders of stella other than that one pic.

Stark

Banned
Lol I just noticed there's a pot with a cactus and a Cactaur ontop of the desk that gets destroyed in the mansion at the very beginning in-game session. Neat.

Fuu

Lol I just noticed there's a pot with a cactus and a Cactaur ontop of the desk that gets destroyed in the mansion at the very beginning in-game session. Neat.
Love it, and hand't caught it until now. Hopefully there will be tons of little things like this.

edit: it survived. :lol

0LKtjp5.png

KCDQb9l.png

Stark

Banned
This is all thanks to dat PS3 video playback or whatever you call it.

Also, the crazy old guy with the orangish/red eyes people were thinking was Regis, doesn't seem to be. Since in the CG with the swords out between Lucis and the guys in the white robe, right at the beginning you can see what looks to be him. Dunno if that was caught.

Zoe

Also, the crazy old guy with the orangish/red eyes people were thinking was Regis, doesn't seem to be. Since in the CG with the swords out between Lucis and the guys in the white robe, right at the beginning you can see what looks to be him. Dunno if that was caught.

Evil Uncle

Fuu

I think you're right:

hTnpJgo.jpg

3fMjYPo.jpg

Esura

Banned
Nah, they do have talent
even if their stuff is boring as shit
. They also produce a female version that's made up of 3 smaller groups or so.

LW30efe.jpg

Oh hell yeah that's hot as hell. Dem legs....

I wish Noctis was surrounded by girl homies like these instead of the ones he has.

Coxy

hmm, so are some of the ex-cavia dudes working on this? because the setup of weapons selection that changes character seems very similar to Drakengard 2

AZUMIKE

These voices are ON POINT. Dual audio...yes please! I know the game has to be localized, but I'm hoping for an option to hear the Japanese cast...

Kuroudu

The cast so far looks more mature than the past Final Fantasy series. I really dig it. The older guys, Noctis father and his friends, look really great too!

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
I fully expect this game to have swimsuit DLC for the Noctis-sync group.

Think of all those sales, SE.

Top Bottom