• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XV- Official Hands On Recipe

That's it! I've come up with a new recipe!

Level up your cooking game with this Braised Beef Stew! Final Fantasy XV and Tastemade team up for this awesome collaboration!

Braised Short Rib & Veggie Stew

Ingredients:
2 pounds boneless beef short ribs , cut into 2 inch pieces
1 teaspoon salt
½ teaspoon fresh ground pepper
1 tablespoon olive oil
1 onion, peeled and diced small
2 tablespoon garlic, minced
2 tablespoons butter
2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
1 cup of dry Red Wine such as Cabernet Sauvignon or Zinfandel
1 cup of Beef Broth
1 cup of canned whole peeled tomatoes
4 sprigs of thyme
1 bunch of baby carrots, cleaned, cut in 1-inch pieces
6 small cipollini onions, peeled
½ lb. peewee potatoes, cut into wedges
½ lb. brussels sprouts, cleaned

Steps:
Season short ribs with salt, pepper, and olive oil. Heat a large dutch-oven and sear short-rib until golden brown on each side. Remove to a plate, and ddd onion, garlic, and butter to pan, cooking until softened. Sprinkle in flour, stirring to combine.
Pour in wine and bring to a boil, scraping up caramelized bits from the bottom of the pan.
Stir in remaining ingredients, bring to a boil, pop the lid on and reduce to a simmer. Simmer for about an hour and a half or until short ribs and veggies are fork tender.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Imagine Final Fantasy

That looks delicious. I do hope they end up compiling all recipes ingame for a real cookbook someday. I'd buy a copy.

And I hope they do a video on Kenny's Special Salmon one day.

xzeldax3

Imagine Final Fantasy
hTNQVar.jpg

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
That looks amazing. Lol. I think I will make it this weekend. I won't wear the stupid looking gloves or jacket tho. Stupid ignis.

Recipe sounds good actually, but what's with the flour? I don't get why that's added to stews since you can always just simmer it thicker if you really want.

Recipe sounds good actually, but what's with the flour? I don't get why that's added to stews since you can always just simmer it thicker if you really want.

If you have potatoes or something starchy in there definitely but without sometimes you just want it a bit on the thicker side. I rarely add flour directly, but I do sometimes flour the meat after searing it but before putting it in the mix.

I take it you didn't watch the recipe. The flour constitutes a roux which, in this case, works with the beef broth and tomatoes to turn it into a gravy.

I actually wanted to do YouTube videos with the food from this game. Theres some really decent looking foodstuffs and some of it is really easy to make.

If you have potatoes or something starchy in there definitely but without sometimes you just want it a bit on the thicker side. I rarely add flour directly, but I do sometimes flour the meat after searing it but before putting it in the mix.

Ah perhaps that's why. I've always used potatoes and I think I did try the same thing, applying it to the seared beef before, I just never really noticed it make a difference other than leaving flour to be broken down.

I take it you didn't watch the recipe. The flour constitutes a roux which, in this case, works with the beef broth and tomatoes to turn it into a gravy.

I actually wanted to do YouTube videos with the food from this game. Theres some really decent looking foodstuffs and some of it is really easy to make.

I actually totally missed that link! Going to be checking out now. I'd just always wondered why flour in particular comes up in stews so often since the number of recipes I learned from mention the fond, but I'd never heard any mention of what the flour actually does.

Ralemont

not me
I often cook food in FFXV that's not even useful because I wanna see what it looks like and if I wanna make it irl.

One thing worth mentioning that I find very endearing is that all of the food that Ignus can cook is all one or two pot meals. They're all actually possible on a camping range.

shiba5

Get rid of those nasty ass brussels sprouts though.

Brussels sprout are amazing if cooked right. I grew up with the nasty frozen ones that turn to boiled, bitter mush so I never knew how good they were until a few years ago.

I totally going to make this.

djtiesto

is beloved, despite what anyone might say
Brussels Sprouts with a little salt, pepper, and olive oil are god tier. Never had them growing up, and I bought into all that 80's propaganda that "brussels sprouts are disgusting!", one day I decided to try them and I was like, these are actually delicious!

Anyways, I saw this earlier... really cool though I don't know if I'm adept enough at cooking to try this particular "recipeh".

shiba5

Brussels Sprouts with a little salt, pepper, and olive oil are god tier. Never had them growing up, and I bought into all that 80's propaganda that "brussels sprouts are disgusting!", one day I decided to try them and I was like, these are actually delicious!

Anyways, I saw this earlier... really cool though I don't know if I'm adept enough at cooking to try this particular "recipeh".

It wasn't propaganda though - they really were disgusting. There are good frozen ones now, but back then they tasted terrible and had a slimy texture. I guess freezing methods have improved a lot.
Still, fresh ones are the best.

Top Bottom