• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XV |OT2| For Jared!

flkraven

I'm looking forward to seeing what you think of FFXV, Kingsglaive, and Brotherhood! :D

So far I've watched Kingsglaive. Holy crap, it was actually incredibly good! I can't believe how real it looked too. My GF came into the room and thought it was real actors lol. This movie alone has amped me up to play. I'll watch the anime this week.

So far I've watched Kingsglaive. Holy crap, it was actually incredibly good! I can't believe how real it looked too. My GF came into the room and thought it was real actors lol. This movie alone has amped me up to play. I'll watch the anime this week.
*Nods head in approval. Anime episodes are even better

Tip on the timed quest for anybody that hasn't done it yet:

Break it's limbs as soon as possible. It's the only real way to do damage to him. Also, do not use Enhancement from Ignis, as you'll end up doing less damage that way.

Jeels

Noctis is leveling up so slowly for fishing. Does it go up faster if I catch unique fish?

Same with Ignis, does cooking a meal you haven't before make him level up faster?

I think those are the only trophies I am struggling with

I'm only on Chapter 7 and already did 80 sidequests so that wasn't too bad.

Noctis is leveling up so slowly for fishing. Does it go up faster if I catch unique fish?

Same with Ignis, does cooking a meal you haven't before make him level up faster?

Yes, fishing goes up faster if you catch bigger fish. The catch is, of course, that big fish are tough if you don't have the proper gear and level, so I recommend fishing at Galdin Shoals. The Allural Sea Bass there are big but not ridiculously hard to catch, and there are plenty of them.

As for cooking, try cooking different things.

Catching smaller fish technically levels you up faster because you can catch them practically instantly once you've got a good reel. Just keep yanking them in and you'll rack up the fishing levels in no time.

Found it easiest to fish from berts bobbers in the vesperpool. Use Marlboro lure and dragon beard line. Use the food for line strength if you can. I split it up into several sessions I beat most quests in the game. ( my log is clear) so I'd do a timed quest on Tuesday rest for the line strength boost and call it a day when my meal boost ended. Took like three hunts to finish so not so bad. Better than doing it for 4-6 hours straight. And I started at level 1.

For food I earned that post game doing menace dungeons. It happened quick.

New timed quest is up. Bunch of snakes.

Expiration date on this is 4/26. I'm not sure why this one gets such a long deadline when the last two only had a week apiece and required plot progression.

New timed quest is up. Bunch of snakes.

Expiration date on this is 4/26. I'm not sure why this one gets such a long deadline when the last two only had a week apiece and required plot progression.
Maybe they're giving time to let people go through Episode Gladio thoroughly without missing anything?

What're the rewards? Or, to be more specific, how much AP am I going to get? Best be a couple of thousand to make up for the long wait.

I was walking to work and wondering if this would work in place of the current summon system. 1. No more randomness. 2. You get one equipable summon spell stone for each summon. 3. It would have to be tested whether it has its own special slot or it takes an accessory slot. 4. When a summon stone is equipped you lose the amiger attack. Pressing l1 and r1 when you gauge is full now casts the summon and exhausts the gauge. I think this could work for a lot of reasons. You could make builds against hard bosses weaknesses or shoot for all out strength with the amiger. Thoughts? I'd like to have a little control over that part of the game. That way for like two hunts ago you could go. Ughhh 4 marlboros. I'll go build my summon gauge and cast shiva for an easier battle. And here's a free pro tip money maker if you do this square enix. "Summon Stone DLC $9.99 For 5 new summon stones" easy as pie.

For the poster above I believe the snake hunt is 500 ap and 5 oracle coins. Don't remember anything else. Overall very easy. I played it a few times and the only thing that happened to me is that I warped out of the battle area by accident. I am very end game though. ( pitioss done all hunts done all menace done)

h3ro

Via r/ffxv:

20,000 EXP
500 AP
777,777 GIL
5x Oracle Ascension Coins

For those that haven't completed the game yet, what is the chapter requirement for this one? I've missed the last two as I'm still enjoying my time in Chap 3.

Via r/ffxv:

20,000 EXP
500 AP
777,777 GIL
5x Oracle Ascension Coins

For those that haven't completed the game yet, what is the chapter requirement for this one? I've missed the last two as I'm still enjoying my time in Chap 3.
500AP, huh? Well, it's still another bit filled on the Ascension Grid, managed to get all accessory slots open last time.

I'm still critical of the way AP is gained in the first place, but at least this will go a long way to maxing things out. On this file, at least. Future playthroughs are buggered unless they add all of these permanently after like, a year or so.

i saw some videos regarding speeding up EXP with spells mixed with some coins
TBH the more i see the confuser i am
did someone tried it and care to explain it in easier way ?
is it a spell i cast on myself or the team ? or against enemies ?
do i need to cast it always in the fight or once only is enough ?

h3ro

i saw some videos regarding speeding up EXP with spells mixed with some coins
TBH the more i see the confuser i am
did someone tried it and care to explain it in easier way ?
is it a spell i cast on myself or the team ? or against enemies ?
do i need to cast it always in the fight or once only is enough ?

1. Go into Elemancy and make a spell and in the bottom slot, mix in your choice of Rare Coin/Debased item and craft the spell at the desired strength.
2. Equip it in your inventory.
3. Approach the mob you want to battle.
4. Cast the spell on the enemy, doesn't have to hit or kill. (You can cast it once, or as often as you want, each spell gives a set amount of experience regardless of where and when it is cast).
5. Finish battle.
6. Enjoy XP.

Qurupeke

Kind of a dumb question, but I'm not really familiar with Season Passes. Is there any point on getting the one for FF XV considering that the content is months away? Like, will there be a significant amount of money that I'll save if I buy it instead of getting each piece of content individually? The Gladiolus story costs like 5€ if I recall correctly, which is pretty tempting.

Kind of a dumb question, but I'm not really familiar with Season Passes. Is there any point on getting the one for FF XV considering that the content is months away? Like, will there be a significant amount of money that I'll save if I buy it instead of getting each piece of content individually? The Gladiolus story costs like 5€ if I recall correctly, which is pretty tempting.
If you want all the dlc than yea might as well. BUT! If you don't care about the multiplayer I guess you save yourself a few bucks buying the episodes individually

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
it's weird

when i go to a thread and mention ffxv, people attack and scowl at me and say its like the worst game ever and you suck

are people that bitter?

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
What is this game like for newcomers and is there anything I need to know before I play?

Thanks.

It seems like the newcomers enjoy the game. The old fans are a mixed bag.

I'd say when you kill monsters, don't sleep right away. Sleep after killing lots of monsters and save up money for more expensive hotels to get better experience multipliers.

Also do the sidequests, you don't need to do all though.

sam777

It seems like the newcomers enjoy the game. The old fans are a mixed bag.

I'd say when you kill monsters, don't sleep right away. Sleep after killing lots of monsters and save up money for more expensive hotels to get better experience multipliers.

Also do the sidequests, you don't need to do all though.
Nice one.

I was walking to work and wondering if this would work in place of the current summon system. 1. No more randomness. 2. You get one equipable summon spell stone for each summon. 3. It would have to be tested whether it has its own special slot or it takes an accessory slot. 4. When a summon stone is equipped you lose the amiger attack. Pressing l1 and r1 when you gauge is full now casts the summon and exhausts the gauge. I think this could work for a lot of reasons. You could make builds against hard bosses weaknesses or shoot for all out strength with the amiger. Thoughts? I'd like to have a little control over that part of the game. That way for like two hunts ago you could go. Ughhh 4 marlboros. I'll go build my summon gauge and cast shiva for an easier battle. And here's a free pro tip money maker if you do this square enix. "Summon Stone DLC $9.99 For 5 new summon stones" easy as pie.

For the poster above I believe the snake hunt is 500 ap and 5 oracle coins. Don't remember anything else. Overall very easy. I played it a few times and the only thing that happened to me is that I warped out of the battle area by accident. I am very end game though. ( pitioss done all hunts done all menace done)

I think the involuntary nature of the summon system is fine, but the conditions under which summons appear are kind of fucked. At high levels it basically won't ever happen because it's so difficult to fulfill any of the necessary conditions if you're too powerful; but even during a normal playthrough, you're so unlikely to get Titan showing up compared to the others.

I definitely hope a future patch tweaks the summon values (and ideally adds Bahamut and Ifrit on cleared saves) so they'll each be about as likely to show up as the rest, so they're all generally still reasonably likely to show up every so often when you're basically maxed out in power, and maybe even mechanically differentiates them a bit (instead of basically having every summon do the same thing with a different animation).

1. Go into Elemancy and make a spell and in the bottom slot, mix in your choice of Rare Coin/Debased item and craft the spell at the desired strength.
2. Equip it in your inventory.
3. Approach the mob you want to battle.
4. Cast the spell on the enemy, doesn't have to hit or kill. (You can cast it once, or as often as you want, each spell gives a set amount of experience regardless of where and when it is cast).
5. Finish battle.
6. Enjoy XP.

thank you for the simplest explanation

i tested it out first without casting, but with lasagna and i got 15k exp, after casting it on the same monster, i got +50k exp

now i believe i broke the game even tho i didnt slept in inn yet, but some big monsters became harder to respawn even after loading the game, lol

Freeman76

Working on the plat now. Ignis has to be one of the most pompous cunts ever seen in a game, if i was travelling with him i would stick him in the boot of the car and leave him at a campsite

it's weird

when i go to a thread and mention ffxv, people attack and scowl at me and say its like the worst game ever and you suck

are people that bitter?

I think it is more the fact that they are bitter the game didn't live up to hype. While it didn't... I willing to still support the dlc purchases and hopefully mp.

Vashetti

Banned
Working on the plat now. Ignis has to be one of the most pompous cunts ever seen in a game, if i was travelling with him i would stick him in the boot of the car and leave him at a campsite

Wow, I don't think I've ever read anything more wrong.

You should leave.

h3ro

You are entitled to your terrible, factually incorrect opinion.

ULTROS!

I think it is more the fact that they are bitter the game didn't live up to hype. While it didn't... I willing to still support the dlc purchases and hopefully mp.

I think the major issue with FF games is that it never pleases the entire demographic because each and everyone expects different things (one might expect political, ivalice-like, one might expect something whimsical like Bravely Default, one might expect something like FFX/FFXIII), topping of that it has 10 years of hype and over-expectations.

I'd say despite the issues it has, I'm glad it didn't turn out like a Duke Nukem Forever.

I hate chapter 13 so much. I'm about 2-3 hours in it and I can't stand it. I want to just quit the game but I'm trying to power through it so I can finish the game, since I'm almost done. Every checkpoint I feel my soul die a little. I went from playing 10 hours straight the night before to barely being able to finish a quest a night.

What was square thinking?

For real the "stealth" is not even true stealth? How can you hid and sneak properly in a one inch wide hallway!?

Vashetti

Banned
I hate chapter 13 so much. I'm about 2-3 hours in it and I can't stand it. I want to just quit the game but I'm trying to power through it so I can finish the game, since I'm almost done. Every checkpoint I feel my soul die a little. I went from playing 10 hours straight the night before to barely being able to finish a quest a night.

What was square thinking?

For real the "stealth" is not even true stealth? How can you hid and sneak properly in a one inch wide hallway!?

I didn't bother with the stealth 'mechanic' at all. Just killed everything with the ring.

So...they give you 4-5 days to beat this level 140 Dread Behemoth Quest and then you get a month to beat these snakes. Um...okay then.

I know the DLC comes out next week, but that's still weird.

So...they give you 4-5 days to beat this level 140 Dread Behemoth Quest and then you get a month to beat these snakes. Um...okay then.

I know the DLC comes out next week, but that's still weird.

I haven't done any timed hunts yet.... just had no urge to put the game in until Episode Gladio is out and I kinda feel bad I missed all these hunts. It looks like they are nothing in the long run though.

Vashetti

Banned
I haven't done any timed hunts yet.... just had no urge to put the game in until Episode Gladio is out and I kinda feel bad I missed all these hunts. It looks like they are nothing in the long run though.

If you haven't maxed out the Ascension Grid yet, they're basically a pretty quick way to fill out 2-3 of the really expensive nodes.

h3ro

I should leave because I'm 'wrong'? Nice community thread!

I don't think you know what the word pompous means or you are playing a different game. If you've followed his character arc or have seen the youtube series, he is anything but pompous.

He has a duty, he has a purpose and everything he does and says is related to staying on course to that goal.

Top Bottom