• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XV |OT2| For Jared!

Is there anything I can unlock from Episode Gladiolus for the main campaign that isn't the Genji Blade or the shirtless costume?

Super bummed that it doesn't seem possible to unlock his final Glaive Art as a tech.

Toth

Is there anything I can unlock from Episode Gladiolus for the main campaign that isn't the Genji Blade or the shirtless costume?

Super bummed that it doesn't seem possible to unlock his final Glaive Art as a tech.

Unfortunately, it probably won't be unlocked in the game until we can actually control the different party members.

neoemonk

I just finished the Leviathan fight. I thought it was a fun setpiece but the second half of the fight seemed to drag on. I never really felt in danger during that phase.

I watched Kingsglaive last week, and I think it adds a bit to the gravity of the situation with Luna. It's disappointing that they hid the story behind things outside of the game though.

Anbec7

The new ring is awesome to clear the end game dungeons quickly what took like.. 2 hours is completed in 30 minutes so good!

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
I don't think getting 500,000 in that mode is super difficult...

Just need to learn how to block at the right time and abuse the Maelstorm + Dual Blade.

flkraven

I'm about 4 or 5 hours in, just messing around the world. Haven't really advanced the story, just earning some gil, going out hunting and doing some side quests. I love it! I don't know what it is, but the movie + anime perfectly prepped me for this game. I just want to hang out in the world! Looks great and the combat is fun (but super easy though, so I hope it gets a bit more complex).

I like to just roll around in the car listening to old final fantasy tracks lol

Ludens

Banned
So, is there a point on doing those sealed dungeons?
I did the very first one and it was boring and uninspired, just some empty rooms with enemies. Is the 60 floors/no item dungeon hard/rewarding?

Dunno, as end-game contents, they feel very useless, expecially considering I think I have the best equipment already.

The new ring is awesome to clear the end game dungeons quickly what took like.. 2 hours is completed in 30 minutes so good!

Can you use it against bosses too?

23ndrt2.jpg

tfpUeow.jpg

[tweet]https://twitter.com/FFXVJP/status/847992699101650944[/tweet]

The fking Armiger LMAO. Finally the GOAT DLC
I've honestly thought for a while that it'd be cool if they added a fishing-rod armiger for Noctis as kind of a joke. Make him catch 13 legendary fish to get it or something; it'd be funny, and it'd also basically be something you could abuse to farm super-tough fish.

Tambini

Hi people, bought this today ans was wondering if there was any like content patches coming out soon that I should wait for or is it good time to start now? And should I watch that anime?

neoemonk

Hi people, bought this today ans was wondering if there was any like content patches coming out soon that I should wait for or is it good time to start now? And should I watch that anime?

I got to chapter 6 or so and then went back and watched Kingsglaive. While I didn't think it was a great movie, I did appreciate some of the backstory that it provided as events unfolded in the game.

I just got to chapter 13 before work this morning. Tonight I find out what the fuss is all about.

Ludens

Banned
Those end-game dungeons are crap. The layout is all the same, there's no challenge (I guess there will be a bit in the 60 floors/no item one) and the rewards are crap too, why should I need a better gun for Prompto if those dungeons are the "best of the best" already?
Plus you can kill little mobs like goblin with the ring in no time, at least is a shortcut, but the whole thing is just too boring, not even unique bosses for now, just rehashes of common mobs.

Unrelated note, but FFXII is available for preorder from Unieuro for 29€, almost half the price you can find from Gamestop etc...but I'll wait, considering FFXII back in days was the first FF I forced myself to complete just to trade it back immediately, the plot was simply too boring, the gameplay mmorpg-like was boring too, I didn't like characters if not a couple of them...I'll take the Steam version just for completion and to give the game another try, maybe with the "enhancements/cheats" SE introduced the game is better and I can see optional contents.

neoemonk

I finished the game last night!

The end was sad. Noctis leaving behind his friends to go and defeat Ardyn. Is the scene at the end with Luna supposed to be the afterlife? That's how I read it but I'm curious what other people think.

Chapter 13 post-patch seemed pretty long to me. It must have been grueling before the patch.

Moertel

Can anyone help me out with Chapter 13 - Verse 2? Really want to play this part, I've completed the chapter before the patch but haven't finished the game yet. The "Specials" section in the main menu is greyed out and non-selectable, though. Do I gain access to it only after I've completed the story?

Can anyone help me out with Chapter 13 - Verse 2? Really want to play this part, I've completed the chapter before the patch but haven't finished the game yet. The "Specials" section in the main menu is greyed out and non-selectable, though. Do I gain access to it only after I've completed the story?

Yes, unfortunately.

Off-road driving
Multiplayer (in some form) with character creator
I'm pretty sure the multiplayer stuff isn't coming until after Episode Ignis comes out, and Episode Ignis doesn't even have a firm release date yet.

I have very little desire to do off-road driving but I do hope it makes the postgame airship driving less of a damn gimmick and more truly useful (aka land anywhere).

I suppose there's still the Booster outfit whenever it gets retooled.

I'm pretty sure the multiplayer stuff isn't coming until after Episode Ignis comes out, and Episode Ignis doesn't even have a firm release date yet.

I have very little desire to do off-road driving but I do hope it makes the postgame airship driving less of a damn gimmick and more truly useful (aka land anywhere).

I suppose there's still the Booster outfit whenever it gets retooled.

I am sure they got plans for things.

And I am really looking forward to how those magitek suits look! :D

Edit: Did you guys see the speedrun for all the FF games. That was pretty great!

Edit 2: The Type-0 and FFXV speed runs. Some great stuff. Added link.

jdstorm

Banned
I finished the game last night!

The end was sad. Noctis leaving behind his friends to go and defeat Ardyn. Is the scene at the end with Luna supposed to be the afterlife? That's how I read it but I'm curious what other people think.

Chapter 13 post-patch seemed pretty long to me. It must have been grueling before the patch.

Also finished last night. On the ending.
It felt like the game had 3 endings that bookended its 3 openings. The final one felt like a bookend to the game that started with Opening 1 (Noctis leaving Insomnia and saying goodbye to Regis) but it felt very unearned considering you spend no time with Luna during the game. It felt like cut content that was included because it was pretty and was supposed to resonate emotionally. But it really just fell flat.

KDC720

Finished it earlier tonight, actually the first FF I've finished all the way through, although I've only played 2 others.

Final time was about 40 hours, found the game very enjoyable if not incredibly uneven. The open world stuff was probably the best in terms of gameplay, and the combat system didn't really wear on me despite it being pretty basic. I loved the look of the world as well, mystical fantasy objects and creatures combined with bits of classic Americana and a dose of anime, its a strange combination that worked surprisingly well. The second half was far more linear and set piece focused, but the story kicked into high gear here.

The four leads were all great in their own right, despite basically being the standard Ninja Turtles personality types, I really liked their friendship. It's true the side characters don't get a lot of depth, and there were times I was kind of confused in terms of lore, and some portions of the game were clearly cut for DLC.

I loved the final chapter though
I got so hype when the gang, all grown up,
got all suited up and went into Insomnia to take it back
, and I thought the ending was pretty much perfect.
I was tearing up during the mid-credits campfire scene.

Finished it earlier tonight, actually the first FF I've finished all the way through, although I've only played 2 others.

Final time was about 40 hours, found the game very enjoyable if not incredibly uneven. The open world stuff was probably the best in terms of gameplay, and the combat system didn't really wear on me despite it being pretty basic. I loved the look of the world as well, mystical fantasy objects and creatures combined with bits of classic Americana and a dose of anime, its a strange combination that worked surprisingly well. The second half was far more linear and set piece focused, but the story kicked into high gear here.

The four leads were all great in their own right, despite basically being the standard Ninja Turtles personality types, I really liked their friendship. It's true the side characters don't get a lot of depth, and there were times I was kind of confused in terms of lore, and some portions of the game were clearly cut for DLC.

I loved the final chapter though
I got so hype when the gang, all grown up,
got all suited up and went into Insomnia to take it back
, and I thought the ending was pretty much perfect.
I was tearing up during the mid-credits campfire scene.

Awesome! :D

Glad you enjoyed it! I also particularly enjoy the final fights and final moments of the story.
Ardyn is just so good!!!

Toth

Awesome! :D

Glad you enjoyed it! I also particularly enjoy the final fights and final moments of the story.
Ardyn is just so good!!!

I am really looking forward to that
Ardyn
DLC to really spice up the FFXV lore. Best FF villain in a loooong time.

I agree.
Ardyn
is the best villain FF has had since the PS1 days.

Also I would spoiler tag that. Some people who come here haven't finished the game.

evolve9

Costlemark tower can go fuck itself. I barely came out alive from that place, that maze "puzzle" doesn't make any bloody sense. I started crying when I got dropped in that big room with 3 Red Giants for the fifth time. I don't even know how I got through it, thank god the final boss of the dungeon is easy.

Other than that, the post-game is hands-down the best content this game has to offer. I'm really surprised at how much ejoyment I'm getting from this and I think I'm just scratching the surface now. There's loads to do and nothing's too grindy or annoying (I still have PTSD from FFX's post-game lol).

v0mitg0d

Ok, I've had this game since December. I've unwrapped it and its now downloading a 16GB patch.

My question to you folks with PS4 Pros and 4K TVs. Lite or High mode? Which do you find more satisfying? DF says Lite due to frame pacing.

Also, any tips for a newb? what to not waste time on?

Arkeband

Banned
Those hilariously stupid Cindymobile skins from Carbuncle Surprise are being sent out today, it only took them like half a year to figure their shit out. Got one in my inbox earlier.

The FFXV and Kingsglaive FFXV 99 cent PSN downloads are going to be delisted after tomorrow.

So uh... do these have the ability to transfer MP3s out of the app onto a USB stick or whatnot? Because of not, then why even get this when it's going to be de-activated after mid-June?

SilverArrow20XX

Walks in the Light of the Crystal
Those hilariously stupid Cindymobile skins from Carbuncle Surprise are being sent out today, it only took them like half a year to figure their shit out. Got one in my inbox earlier.

Yup. Got mine earlier today too. It's been on the store for $0.50 for how long now? I wasn't expecting to ever get it.

LordKasual

Banned
Have they fixed the atrocious framepacing, or atleast provide a lock to 30 fps for the lite mode as it was before?

Have you played the new Lite mode on Pro?

Because for the life of me, i can't understand why anyone would want the game locked at 30fps when it has no problem easily staying 10 frames above that. The game feels very noticeably smoother and chaotic scenes are that much easier to follow...and when it is running at/near 60 it feels like a completely different game.

it's just objectively better, which is probably why they didn't bother making a third "30fps only" option...

RedAssedApe

Banned

Because for the life of me, i can't understand why anyone would want the game locked at 30fps when it has no problem easily staying 10 frames above that. The game feels very noticeably smoother and chaotic scenes are that much easier to follow...and when it is running at/near 60 it feels like a completely different game.

it's just objectively better, which is probably why they didn't bother making a third "30fps only" option...

there are many in the camp that would prefer a locked 30 to unlocked frame rate.

unlocked never bothered me in games like infamous and Tomb raider but i wouldn't call it objectively better.

valkyre

I have played it and since then I put the game on hold (for forever it seems).

Just as you are baffled towards me, I am baffled towards you, concerning how you can play this way.

Toth

It's been a bit since the last ATR. I hope they are preparing another one for the spring and summer updates. Still hoping for some kind of hard mode.

Toth

Experience just gets thrown out. I got 2000 xp for picking vegetables!

The game would have been so much better if they halved / eliminated the exp given per side quest and gave AP too. Then story quests that would reward the same amount of XP as now would have allow gamers to not overlevel like they could and the trade-off being more abilities from all the AP to use earlier in the game.

Top Bottom