• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XV |OT2| For Jared!

brb

I assumed it was soda based on Noctis passing a can to Ignis.

I always felt like there was a line missing there, though...like, how does Noctis know that Ignis wants it in the first place? Telepathy?

It's probably coffee. It comes in cans from vending machines and convenient stores in Japan. Maybe everywhere else too, I don't know I don't drink coffee.

No idea, I bought the LE and I read it comes with MP3s. I assume digital will come later after they sell some OSTs.

Every other FF soundtrack is on iTunes, including World of Final Fantasy which is pretty recent. So I'm expecting 15 this week as well but who knows?

Trojita

Rapid Response Threadmaker
I assumed it was soda based on Noctis passing a can to Ignis.

I always felt like there was a line missing there, though...like, how does Noctis know that Ignis wants it in the first place? Telepathy?

It's a coffee drink.

LiK

Every other FF soundtrack is on iTunes, including World of Final Fantasy which is pretty recent. So I'm expecting 15 this week as well but who knows?

I don't believe we can buy the physical OST for WoFF in the US so they went digital only. I'm assuming FFXV digital will release after physical release date just to drive physical sales. Dunno.

tariniel

I finally played chapter 13 yesterday.
The only thing I hated about it was the jump scares and the unkillable demon that followed me around, scaring the shit out of me every time. That mother fucker would just teleport out of thin air right into my face. Seriously I didn't buy a Final Fantasy game so I could play Dead Space, I don't do well with horror games and it just soured the entire thing for me. Once that guy showed up I stopped exploring and killing things and just sprinted by everything to get the hell out. The revenge was sweet though once I finally got my powers back and stomped him. Apparently that was the emperor...?

Then in chapter 14
my entire team got oneshot by a daemon in Insomia. It was level 74 and shot a sweeping laser that brought everyone down. I'm level 50, too low or something? The new outfits are fantastic and I really like how everyone looks after the time skip.
That's pretty much where I stopped for now. No idea how many hours are left although I assume not many.

Ruff

Then in chapter 14
my entire team got oneshot by a daemon in Insomia. It was level 74 and shot a sweeping laser that brought everyone down. I'm level 50, too low or something?
That's pretty much where I stopped for now. No idea how many hours are left although I assume not many.

There are monsters of various levels around there, you don't need to fight any of the tougher ones though, just run past.

Adaren

Then in chapter 14
my entire team got oneshot by a daemon in Insomia. It was level 74 and shot a sweeping laser that brought everyone down. I'm level 50, too low or something?

You can
run by him.

Alternatively
you can take out the two Lamias in the nearby alleyway and sneak around that way. Easiest with Frog / Petrifiy resist food+accessories.

Trojita

The hell was that rock music playing during Prompto's photo session in the morning after camping?

I also messed it up. I wanted to see the poses before the final photo was taken. Much of a difference if you do the event right? (wait for the monster to get closer).

The Ultimate pose was pure ChuuniNoctis.

benzy

Then in chapter 14

You don't have to fight that daemon or any of the other ones in this area. Save your potions for the final fights, run though this area, avoid the daemons, and look for the path to the capital.

Trojita

I finished the trial of Titan and Ramuh.

Now off to find the car.

The conversation with Cindy was super odd. She was like "the regalia is at an imperial base" and Noctis was like "okay, bye".

You didn't even ask which base Noctis.

Also wtf at Ardyn having the credentials to have an imperial base opened and the main characters not raising a single fucking eyebrow.

Ishida

Banned
Also wtf at Ardyn having the credentials to have an imperial base opened and the main characters not raising a single fucking eyebrow.

They DO raise an eyebrow. Actually, they raise their eyebrows during all the trip towards Titan. But at that point it's not like they have any choice.

Trojita

They DO raise an eyebrow. Actually, they raise their eyebrows during all the trip towards Titan. But at that point it's not like they have any choice.

They clearly don't trust him but that would have raised some serious fucking alarms. When the gate gets opened they barely say anything, I forgot if it was Prompto or Ardyn but someone mentioned him knowing people. They are being hunted down by an empire and can't afford to fall into any trap.

Ivory Samoan

Gold Member
So Cid's never rung me up about my upgrades, I've left him with about 5 things now......that was from ~Chapter 2 and now I'm in Chapter 9 on the
Train
....what's the deal with that?

I've tried talking to him etc, but he just tells me to stand straight and such :/

tariniel

So Cid's never rung me up about my upgrades, I've left him with about 5 things now......that was from ~Chapter 2 and now I'm in Chapter 9 on the
Train
....what's the deal with that?

I've tried talking to him etc, but he just tells me to stand straight and such :/

You have to do a few hunts depending on what stage the quest is in, and then rest overnight. For the first tier I think it's 1 hunt, and the last tier it's 3 hunts IIRC. You can just repeat the same hunt if you want to although I did first-time ones for the gil.

Also general question: why does Ignis not use magic when I equip it in his secondary slot? I've never once seen him do it.

Footos22

Finished the story last night. Have same thoughts as blazingdarkness. Felt like it was made by 2 teams. The world builders and then the shove story down their throats really fast to get this out team. Don't get me wrong I loved it. The ending was great. Wasn't a massive fan of the second half but it redeemed itsself.

Don't really like how random the summons appear. Don't appear when your in a struggle woth 3 red iron giants a load of flans and a naga thingy but decide to turn up against one goblin you can kill in one swipe lol. 45 hours and I only ever seen ramuh.

If I had to put a number on it first half and post game would be a 9.5 and second half a 7.5 at a push. Loved it but very flawed. If they can expand on the fantastic open world they can create. Then 16 will be a fantastic game.

Finished up the game yesterday, and overall I just didn't like it. The last half really killed it for me, and the end despite being OK just didn't do enough story wise to earn it. I can tell the development was kind of tortured, the game just fell apart.
I did like the aspect of riding around with my bros and doing stuff, that was fun. It's disappointing for sure, even with my low expectations.
Also Chapter 13 lived up and beyond the level of bad I had heard. What were they thinking? Those ring mechanics were terrible, and the atmosphere was a whole other game.
What a waste, I thought the game plot wise had the potential to be one of the stronger FF games, but it was just told so badly. Love Ignis though.
Looks like I'll get my fix when they put the FF12 remaster out, never did play the zodiac edition on PS2.

Finished the game yesterday and have to say I really enjoyed it. The infamous chapter 13 was not so bad either. Sure it was a bit long but me being probably overleveled (lvl68) made it easy ignoring stealth and just kill everything.

Maybe I missed the dicussions surrounding it but the one thing that almost made me throw my PS4 out the window happend afterwards.... The
Pitioss dungeon

Like WTF were they thinking including a fucking plattformer when Noctis behaviour moving is similiar to that of a tank. Sad part is I really loved the design of the place and some of the segements and puzzels was breathtaking and so smart. But the constant barage of those precise jumps to small plattforms was breaking me down so hard I just wanted to be done with the place.

Captcha

Got that ridiculous Cup Noodles sidequest. I almost choked cringing at the post-camping CS. The dialogue seemed almost tongue in cheek, so I am going to assume it was for my own good.

Got that ridiculous Cup Noodles sidequest. I almost choked cringing at the post-camping CS. The dialogue seemed almost tongue in cheek, so I am going to assume it was for my own good.

Confirmed by Noct's voice actor that they recorded two sets of lines. One with a super serious reading, and a second more joke-like reading. He was apparently pleased they used his super ham-y take.

Begs the question of how it played out in the Japanese version.

XNarte

One thing I'll never understand is what Ignis means when he says "Rather Sultry". It is said at totally random times so I never can figure out the context, ha ha.

Gbraga

I think I'll get Survival to 10 before Fishing and Cooking. Photography has been at level 10 for a while now.

So I guess it's pretty easy to level up as long as you don't rely too much on fast travel.

Also have a level 10 Chocobo.

I'm pretty sure I'll max out everyone's skills before I finish the game.

Zakalwe

Banned
One thing I'll never understand is what Ignis means when he says "Rather Sultry". It is said at totally random times so I never can figure out the context, ha ha.

It means it's humid. Can be humid while raining too, although rain tends to clear it.

Trojita

For the longest time I was distracted with Noctis' inability to run straight without looking left and right. I understand he's looking around at his friends, but man it's distracting.

Also hate when you are running with chocobo and one of your party members speeds up and then brakes, using the sound of the drift, right when they come up on you. Have it happen literally all the time while I'm moving around in my chocobo. Would rather they just clipped through if that's the only way to fix it.

I'm in the Crestholm Channels, this place is huge. I don't have any more time to play right now, and I can't save in here. If I leave the dungeon to save and come back, do all of the monsters respawn? Do the puzzles reset? Or do I have to resort to PS4 rest mode?

Ourobolus

Banned
For the longest time I was distracted with Noctis' inability to run straight without looking left and right. I understand he's looking around at his friends, but man it's distracting.

This annoyed me for so long. Was hoping it was him indicating that there was an item nearby.

cj_iwakura

Chapter 14:
We FFVI now. Life just takes a giant shit on Noctis in the last third of the game, damn. Boy is his VA great at selling it, though.

The Japanwse is mushiatsui, which means like super hot to a point where your clothes stick to you (muggy humidity). Sultry has the same meaning but it's more commonly used to mean something that is sensual or sexual (a sultry woman) so it's kind of a weird translation imo.

The Japanwse is mushiatsui, which means like super hot to a point where your clothes stick to you (muggy humidity). Sultry has the same meaning but it's more commonly used to mean something that is sensual or sexual (a sultry woman) so it's kind of a weird translation imo.
The first couple of times I heard it I thought he was commenting on Cidney.

brau

I'm in the Crestholm Channels, this place is huge. I don't have any more time to play right now, and I can't save in here. If I leave the dungeon to save and come back, do all of the monsters respawn? Do the puzzles reset? Or do I have to resort to PS4 rest mode?

You can always put your ps4 to rest.

But, if you go out and save on previous dungeons all encounters i have run through will not spawn again. So that is nice. Not sure if you can summon them again with the whistle.

I think the puzzles do reset. At least it did for me in the cube dungeon.

Mediking

I'm in the terrible maze known as Crestholm Channels. On the Ever Illustrious Regalia quest. Managed to kill Nagatoni. At the exact area where the headlights should be but I dont see them... help!!

cj_iwakura

I'm in the terrible maze known as Crestholm Channels. On the Ever Illustrious Regalia quest. Managed to kill Nagatoni. At the exact area where the headlights should be but I dont see them... help!!
It's down one of the adjacent tunnels and then downstairs. Look up a video, it's mad confusing.

keep looking around, i thought the same thing.you prob need to hit newer areas.

Gbraga

You can just leave and save, and then use the shortcuts to get back to where you were much faster.

Please Tabata let me have atleast 50 more Promptopics on 22th's Update :(

Yes, please :C

Can somebody explain why the Coeurl hunt was such a massive battle compared to everything else the game has thrown at me so far?

I was even overleveled at that point!

So does
Aranea
still show up even after post game to help battle some time? I seen some people had that happen during battles but I never did.

I dont know how to explain this since its such a maze in there. But its not on the lower levels, forget about those area's. You need to go through a stairway that you've probably ran past 50x without realizing it because its kind of sandwiched between two other hall ways.

From the entrance you can go left or straight, go straight. then you will come across the first switch, keep going straight and take your first left after that. Then turn right. I believe there are 3 area's you can go to from your left, check all of those.

brau

I dont know how to explain this since its such a maze in there. But its not on the lower levels, forget about those area's. You need to go through a stairway that you've probably ran past 50x without realizing it because its kind of sandwiched between two other hall ways.

From the entrance you can go left or straight, go straight. then you will come across the first switch, keep going straight and take your first left after that. Then turn right. I believe there are 3 area's you can go to from your left, check all of those.

This is a good dungeon to use R3 to check your map. Places you have not been at are usually clouded dark. Pretty sure its easy to point out the places that are left to go based on this.

It is a very confusing dungeon if you don't tho.

Trojita

I had some problems with higher levels hunts for a little while, but I realized it was because I was on chapter 2 and was overlevelled but under equipped due to my progress in the story, small amount of ascension upgrades , and I wasn't abusing the food system which has ridiculous buffs.

XNarte

Ah thanks! Yeah I was thinking of the other meaning haha. Plus he's said it in areas I wouldn't even think of being humid as well.

Top Bottom