• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XV Season Pass Detailed (3 Story DLCs + Online Multiplayer DLC, $24.99)

sora87

Single player DLC for a final fantasy game, that just sounds so bizarre to me. But I guess this is the industry now.

Single player DLC for a final fantasy game, that just sounds so bizarre to me. But I guess this is the industry now.
The international releases for X and X-2 more or less had additional content suited for DLC.

XIII-2 straight up had single player DLC.

Philippo

I wonder if the 3 DLC episodes happens during (SPOILER/SPECULATION)
the 10 years, maybe while Noct is asleep or whatever; each one of them travelling the world by themselves anime-timeskip-style

ScrapBrain

"Here are 3 missions you can play with your friends, please don't leave the mission area because that would mean you're having too much fun"

"Here is a coliseum with recolors of monsters you've seen a million times already, fight the with your friends. Also, players 2-4 cannot change equipment and have no customization options"

I'll wait for the details haha

DieH@rd

Banned
That Comrades DLC... will that bring coop into main campaign, or in some new story mission that is tailored for 4 player coop?

Funny that you were originally able to control the party members in Versus XIII, now with this, we'll have a chance to play as Gladio, Ignis and Prompto again.

Koozek

Funny that you were originally able to control the party members in Versus XIII, now with this, we'll have a chance to play as Gladio, Ignis and Prompto again.
Because they're their own self-contained things with everything built around the respective character's unique gameplay style/mechanic specifically. And you only play those DLCs solo, not with the full party. If they did character-switching in the main game they would've had to create and polish 4 versions of every dynamic cutscene and set-piece for whatever character the player is playing currently or forcibly switch to Noctis for most parts when your current character isn't active. The way it is now Noctis is the central point around which everything is built and there are sections where only 2 or 3 out of the main party are present. E.g. the Titan section where only Gladio and Noctis are together - now what if someone chose to play Ignis or Prompto here instead? They'd have to create another playable section or whatever for those two now. The co-op won't be part of the main game either for the same reason. Probably a battle arena of some sort or another story DLC with less Noctis-centered gameplay.

And let's not even start with how silly, and badly thought-out Nomura's idea of having 4 completely different gameplay styles for each character in Versus was. That shit was so obviously overambitious and would've only resulted in 3 shoehorned, half-baked mechanics.

TheTux

If I remember correctly both XIII and XIII-2 had dlc, arena mode and costumes.

They were planning DLC for XIII but they canned it, the game never got any DLC (only an "Easy mode" as an update).

Also it seems that Tabata is not directing the DLCs but only an overseer... maybe he's taking a small vacation / busy on another project? It seems weird to me.

Mcdohl

The episodes sound like a great idea.

But, locking MP behind DLC will probably lead to a not very active community.

sphinx

the piano man
mmhh,, will the multiplayer be anything like the one in The Last Of Us?

meaning, there will be a pool of online gamers, you'll play co-op with 3 or them for a party of 4 and then have a 10 minute match against monsters somewhere?????

puzzling.

TI82

Banned
mmhh,, will the multiplayer be anything like the one in The Last Of Us?

meaning, there will be a pool of online gamers, you'll play co-op with 3 or them for a party of 4 and then have a 10 minute match against monsters somewhere?????

puzzling.

What? Last of Us multiplayer is a third person death match shooter... Did you mean Gears of War?

Angel_DvA

More than one Season Pas for the same game now ? a new low is coming, I wish people would stop buying those crap but whatever.

Square should just delay the game and add this into the base game.

Because we don't mind if this is delayed, right GAF?

...hello?

jennetics

Square should just delay the game and add this into the base game.

Because we don't mind if this is delayed, right GAF?

...hello?

giphy.gif

Unless all he media I've been shown from the game so far has me completely fooled, I can't say a chunk of content where I play as 3 different character archetypes interests me much. I would happily be proven wrong, because the concept sounds great; but I'll really need to like these characters to be interested in this.

sphinx

the piano man
What? Last of Us multiplayer is a third person death match shooter... Did you mean Gears of War?

no I meant exactly TLOU,

isn't that the kind of MP game that we can get with a party of 4?

I can't see the MP component being anything else than a third person RPG game in death match enviroment, meaning, in short bursts

I don't think SE can make a full-fledged adventure with 4 people, that would take them forever to get it right.

either that or it's just 2 chapters 1 hour each one

“When we’ve released all three of those character expansion DLCs and we’ve got all the comrades from the main game as playable characters, we’ll bring Noctis back in as the fourth member of the party and then add an online multiplayer expansion to bring them all together,”

Dragons Dogma Online style probably :)
Yep that's how, i see it. So poo on all the haters.

Hyped!!

The locations/situations in the concept art look intriguing.

I wonder if the 3 DLC episodes happens during (SPOILER/SPECULATION)
the 10 years, maybe while Noct is asleep or whatever; each one of them travelling the world by themselves anime-timeskip-style

That's what I had assumed. If the stories in each DLC are well done, it could end up being interesting. It could also potentially feel a bit filler-y. Either way, still has to be better than FFXIIII-2's DLCs!

TI82

Banned
no I meant exactly TLOU,

isn't that the kind of MP game that we can get with a party of 4?

I can't see the MP component being anything else than a third person RPG game in death match enviroment, meaning, in short bursts

I don't think SE can make a full-fledged adventure with 4 people, that would take them forever to get it right.

either that or it's just 2 chapters 1 hour each one

Pretty sure it will be a coop campaign you can play by yourself with cpu, or with other players and they are whichever of the guys they want to be.

Einhandr

I picture something similar to chalice dungeons in bloodborne for the coop. A randomized "dungeon" with a random super boss drawn from a pool that could be reskins of some of the mob hunts.

And I would be ok with this.

i-Jest

“When we’ve released all three of those character expansion DLCs and we’ve got all the comrades from the main game as playable characters, we’ll bring Noctis back in as the fourth member of the party and then add an online multiplayer expansion to bring them all together,”

Dragons Dogma Online style probably :)

Be still my beating heart.

If I finish the main game and if I like it, I'll grab season pass and look forward to the content releases. The coop mode sounds kinda neat, kind of expecting Monster Hunter style challenge encounters rather than any real open world exploration.

Best case scenario in my eyes, maybe the play areas will be Monster-Hunter sized (but not broken by load screens) and you'll actually do a bit of traversal in between encounter phases with a main target. Hope the DLC launches with 10-12 of these types of encounters, even if they re-use sections of the existing in game maps... But hoping for unique new monsters that are challenge-tuned to 4 players.

Spukc

always chasing the next thrill
yeah.. dlc in rpg's yucky!
i rather pay them cash for ff15 x2 or something

Halabane

Almost half the cost of the full game for 4 side quests. Unlocks a co-op mode that allows you to play some part of the game. hmm. Unless this game blows me away I think I will save the 25 and put towards the eventual PC port that will most likely have it built in. I also expect there will be a bunch of micro transaction for costumes and decorations so even more chance to pay them some money.

When i hear the word "Episode" as a DLC i always think of a 1 hour experience max like many other games have.

Gonna wait and see the size of the content before i buy anything.

Top Bottom