• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XV Season Pass Detailed (3 Story DLCs + Online Multiplayer DLC, $24.99)

I hope it isnt campaign co op. I cant imagine how people would find it fun to play a co op heavy story driven RPG really... it makes 0 sense to me. It is impossible to have such a game when it especially is full of cutscenes and centered around 1 character.

I mean can you imagine having fun with a game like that when a bunch of 4 friends on game chat all the time, while the game tries to tell a story and everybody fools around?

Horrible.

A shooter or an action game I can maybe understand being fun. An RPG? Open world as well? No.

Though I am not against some multiplayer hunt mode or something like that. That would be great.

Taking into account the road trip theme, I think it could work out pretty nicely when done right. 4-player co-op with three other friends could add to the feel of going on a road trip.

valkyre

Taking into account the road trip theme, I think it could work out pretty nicely when done right. 4-player co-op with three other friends could add to the feel of going on a road trip.

It cant work because the story is centered around Noctis, because in multiplayer and in an open world lots of players like to mess around. Character banter gets lost because people will be engaged in in game chat most of the time making everything else feel unimportant.

Maybe if you find 3 more hardcore friends that are all about the story and also want to properly enjoy the storyline to work... somehow. But again I cant see that happening because the guy playing Noctis is the center of the storyline. I dont know if I would like to explore this story while playing like Prompto or whoever else. It doesnt feel right.

It is similar to what Naughty dog said about The Last of Us having no co - op. You are playing Joel, you have to experience the storyline through Joel
(and then Ellie)
for it to have an impact. If you add co-op to such a game you completely ruin the story.

This isnt an MMO or a shooter game, where the storyline takes 2nd place. These games are driven by characters and stories and having co-op really fucks everything up.

I am ok if they offer a hunt mode where they give you specific hunt quests and large areas where you can roam and fuck around with your friends.

I am pretty sure they wont dare to have co-op as part of the actual campaign for these reasons.

idk man, I don't suppose sitting around in a car and doing nothing while one of your friends is driving you around would be really fun.

Taruranto

Tales of had multiplayer for years (It was even pretty popular because a lot of people complained Xillia nerfed that anspect), heck even some mainline FF had the ability to let your friends control party members (lol FFIX), you are not talking about some uncharted territory that no one attempted before lol.

Rad-

I hope it isnt campaign co op. I cant imagine how people would find it fun to play a co op heavy story driven RPG really... it makes 0 sense to me. It is impossible to have such a game when it especially is full of cutscenes and centered around 1 character.

I mean can you imagine having fun with a game like that when a bunch of 4 friends on game chat all the time, while the game tries to tell a story and everybody fools around?

Horrible.

A shooter or an action game I can maybe understand being fun. An RPG? Open world as well? No.

Though I am not against some multiplayer hunt mode or something like that. That would be great.

I see your point but there have been story heavy RPGs that have been still very fun in multiplayer. For example Baldur's Gate 2. The multiplayer was pretty badly implemented in it (buggy) but I still really enjoyed playing it with a friend.

Go_Ly_Dow

Never purchased a season pass before and I'll wait for further info before I consider this one.

On paper tho it sounds like it could offer decent value.

Top Bottom