• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XVI Leaked Earlier

DO NOT watch the new Yonezu Kenshi video. It is very spoiler heavy. Also if you want the game and live in New York the games store on 84th street in Brooklyn is selling the game and so is the one on 20th I think 84th street is closed. Friend has a copy, I'll wait seeing as collectors is on the way. I was afraid we had seen too much. It looks like we haven't seen anything at all.
I live in NYC. I called both stores they don't have it

Sethbacca

I really wish they'd lift the embargo and just push the game out when this type of thing happens. It's clearly ready, so why not just say have fun and turn it loose.

Fake

People who know spoilers:

so-it-begins-498-x-250-gif-ddgcn1f5uipzt2lu.gif

People who don't know:
anakin skywalker hate GIF

Luipadre

Do you have a link please? This would suck major ballsack
I cant find it now and i dont want to youtube search because i dont want to get spoilers in the coming days :D

But the guy had proof and tested the demo section of the game. Performance was the same

decisions

Really hope I don’t get this spoiled. The demo ending twist has me wondering that a lot of marketing was actually a red herring for what the story would be.

• Thoughtful
Reactions: Isa

TGO

Hype Train conductor. Works harder than it steams.
But this never happens!
The digital guys said so, they get to play a game before anyone because it quicker to download it then have it delivered or go to the shop.

Giallo Corsa

Gold Member
Some guy already uploaded a video from the full game. Its the same performance

well, shit...
I'll say it again fellas, 30fps, on an OLED is no good, this needs a 40fps mode for those with OLED tvs.

I found the demo performance to be absolutely horrible , I'm actually amazed that no big sites reported this and that most people in here are all "it runs fine" - it really, really doesn't, performance mode is absolute dog shite and the quality one also due to it being 30fps which feels feels bad on an OLED.

It's FF15 all over again - a game which had to be played on a mid-gen refresh console as to have it running properly (and even then it had about 3 gfx modes which were all unstable fps wise).

The PS5 Pro can't come soon enough, also, I shouldn't have gotten an OLED, 30fps is playable on a LED, not so much on an OLED though...

Last edited:

Luipadre

well, shit...
I'll say it again fellas, 30fps, on an OLED is no good, this needs a 40fps mode for those with OLED tvs.

I found the demo performance to be absolutely horrible , I'm actually amazed that no big sites reported this and that most people in here are all "it runs fine" - it really, really doesn't, performance mode is absolute dog shite and the quality one due to it being 30fps feels bad on OLED.

It's FF15 all over again - a game which had to be played on a mid-gen refresh console as to have it running properly (and even then it had about 3 gfx modes which were all unstable fps wise).

The PS5 Pro can't come soon enough, also, I shouldn't have gotten an OLED, 30fps is playable on a LED not so much on an OLED
quality doesnt feel bad on OLED at all. Motion blur doing its work, altho its a bit overdone

Giallo Corsa

Gold Member
quality doesnt feel bad on OLED at all. Motion blur doing its work, altho its a bit overdone

I have to disagree, I find it insufferable friend - and this doesn't have to do with the "60fps master race oh my god 30fps is terrible", 30fps modes on my C2 feel absolutely terrible, if I knew it beforehand I would have opted for a miniLED blooming/vignetting/DSE be damned, I find it unusable for 30fps gaming...

PS: some people with Samsung OLEDs may not perceive it as much/such since Sammy allows you to have motion interpolation enabled even when in gaming picture mode

PS2 : I had no problem whatsoever with 30fps games on my old Panasonic plasma HDTV

Last edited:

SaniOYOYOY

Just need to know , if its leaked up to this point, does jill and clive ended up together.

Really important for me to managed expectation lol. Romantic ff leads with happy ending isnt that common ya know. I neeeed it after 15's ending

Last edited:

German Hops

GAF's Nicest Lunch Thief
Just need to know , if its leaked up to this point, does jill and clive ended up together.

Really important for me to managed expectation lol. Romantic ff leads with happy ending isnt that common ya know. I neeeed it after 15's ending
Bro, we're all trying to go into XVI with as little information as possible.

Therefore, you can;

giphy.gif

RagnarokIV

Fuck. There will no doubt be some cunts on Youtube who put the fucking spoiler in the title and thumbnail of their damn video.
kunts. I had a Red Dead Redemption 1 spoiler barely after the release when some fucker had SPOILER > A certain character shot dead as a thumbnail! >

• Empathy
Reactions: Isa
Not me posting in the 4chan leak thread asking about CG cutscenes out of desperation and then posting a screenshot from my computer where I forgot to crop out the rest of my laptop screen. LMAO 😭

Last edited:

Fbh

The game just has too much going on to run at 60fps. I am fine with 30fps. I am old school.

Depends on the area though.
Like if you are in a big place with lots of stuff going on at the same time then, sure, framedrops are expected.
But at least the demo has serious frame drops even when you walk around the opening castle area which isn't big, nor is it full of NPC's, nor is there anything particularly complex going on in the background.
It's weird that it can't hold 60fps there given that the graphics aren't anything amazing and they've supposedly been polishing the game for a long time.

Krathoon

Depends on the area though.
Like if you are in a big place with lots of stuff going on at the same time then, sure, framedrops are expected.
But at least the demo has serious frame drops even when you walk around the opening castle area which isn't big, nor is it full of NPC's, nor is there anything particularly complex going on in the background.
It's weird that it can't hold 60fps there given that the graphics aren't anything amazing and they've supposedly been polishing the game for a long time.
It may be a lighting thing. Is the game using raytracing?

Fbh

It may be a lighting thing. Is the game using raytracing?

I saw some report that supposedly ray traced shadows are enabled in every mode which would be beyond stupid when you "performance" mode is consistently running in the low 40's.
But I don't know if there's any truth to that.

Just an update...when I installed the game last night and started playing it said I wasn't on the latest version. The version I was playing was 1.00 so I don't know...they said no day 1 patches so I can't explain that

Boneless

People thinking the full game will suddenly have a massive performance gain are delusional, you really think that would release a demo if it was a far inferior version of the final game?

Last edited:
Top Bottom