• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Forms of the Alola Starter Pokemon Leaked [MASSIVE SPOILERS]

Which is the coolest?

Results are only viewable after voting.

AetherZX

Well the grass one is basically a Noctowl. The fire one is just a shit re-imagining of Emboar which in itself was an ugly design. And the water type is just Milotic but a lot worse.

I don't know how people are so excited by these awful, unoriginal designs.

lol

see an eye doctor

Watch Da Birdie

I buy cakes for myself on my birthday it's not weird lots of people do it I bet
While likely, other details of the leak have been contradicted, so things could be different.

It's worth noting these came way before all the recent leaks so it mostly seems independent of them otherwise.

.JayZii

Banned
Considering it specifically says Litten's evolution fights dirty, I think there's a pretty decent chance it is fire/dark, despite its initial appearance. I think I like it the most out of the three.

Rowlet's looks pretty good, but i think it's just a bit overdesigned.

I'm still unsure of how I feel about Popplio's. Certainly not what I expected when I first saw the little clown seal.

Unicorn

I get you. Every time I try and put makeup or jewelry on it just falls off, because it physically cannot be on a male.
Yeah, that's the trouble with manly sweat and love of sports. A blessing and a curse to have the sheen of privilege and genetics.

Very much like the sniper motif of Rowlet and the siren/mermaid-like of Poplio. Plenty original if you ask me.
Can't say I enjoy Litten.

Par Score

Litten3 looking might damn fine. Rowlet3 too.

Popplio3 stays losing though, poor weird little thing just can't catch a break.

Still the best set of starters in a while though, maybe the best since Gen 2.

Zornack

i think they should start doing female and male version if they are so adamant of having the final evolution be so human-like, i mean, i can reatlly imagine litten final as a female, or popplio final as a male, Rowlet is alright. but those 2 goddamn,

the same happened with fennekin, the last evolution is so obviously a woman.

It's been this way since Gen 1 with Machamp.

PK Gaming

Fire/Fighting memes aside (it might be Fire/Dark), Litten's final form looks goddamn fantastic

Popplio fans get wrecked.

Trey

Well the grass one is basically a Noctowl. The fire one is just a shit re-imagining of Emboar which in itself was an ugly design. And the water type is just Milotic but a lot worse.

I don't know how people are so excited by these awful, unoriginal designs.

None of these starters look like the parables you compared them to.

Blobbers

who do I believe

NPwQdNE.png

.JayZii

Banned
Cool to see so much Digimon hype these days.
People making lots of fresh observations these days, too.
I get you. Every time I try and put makeup or jewelry on it just falls off, because it physically cannot be on a male.
I kno where you're coming from.

People can wear whatever they want to, but to say that frilly bras and long skirts, pearl jewelry, hair accessories and tiaras, long eyelashes and makeup aren't gendered clothing and accessories within society is just incorrect. The Popplio design is supposed to read as feminine, maybe not female, but definitely feminine.

Caelus

Literally after every starter reveal/leak people claim they're the worst ever (lol) or claim they're ripoffs of existing Pokemon. I'm liking what I see so far aside from the expected crushing disappointment of another fire/fighting Pokemon.

I really wanna see the 3d models.

Busaiku

Fire/Fighting would be a better balance with Grass/Flying and Water/Fairy.
This hasn't been a consideration before, but that's one redeeming feature of Fire/Fighting.

DrArchon

Meh. Only the grass one is doing it for me (which is unchanged from when the first forms were shown off).

Weird that the water one is very feminine though. Last I checked (which admittedly was many years ago), aren't starters traditionally 75% Male 25% Female in terms of gender distribution? This looks far more feminine than most of Fenniken's evolutions to me.

How the hell does owl archer look anything like Noctowl? Duhhh...cuz they're owls?

If that's true, than Game Freak fucked up. Pancham is so obviously just a retread of Spinda and Swoobat is just like Golbat!

Females can be masculine and males can be feminine. Pokemon are Pokemon.

If you are talking about human gender then yeah. But this is about the sexual characteristics of pokemon, which is just an utterly bizarre concept.
I think that adding the anthropomorphic secondary sex characteristics of a single human sex to pokemon of both sexes is just an additional layer of weird in a world that already omits sexual reproduction and evolution in favor of gods willing babies to life.

For me, it is just part of the game's absurd charm, but some people get caught up by the utter strangeness of the pokemon world.

At first I was #teamlitten

But that final evo is absolute nope for me. Rowlet was my number 2 starter and that final evo is nice. But Popplio was my number 3 starter but now my preferred final evo....

Such a hard choice.

Anura

Poplio went from the absolute worst of the bunch and then became far and away the best Pokemon in this gen so far. Might even be my favorite starter ever. Litten though... What did they do to you? At least rowlet is still pretty cool

Top Bottom