• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Forms of the Alola Starter Pokemon Leaked [MASSIVE SPOILERS]

Which is the coolest?

Results are only viewable after voting.

Puruzi

Banned
Jy6s4U5.gif

popplio did the wrecking. s/he came to slay.

POPPMAID IS REAL!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I never doubted her legitimacy.
EWmof.gif

Popplio ugly ducking confirmed. I knew staying on the Popplio train would pay off.

#TeamPopplio

VMFmz5z.gif

Drago

I really don't think I like any of them, even months later after seeing these the first time none have grown on me. I'll probably stick with Rowlet as planned, I like his best.

For the last couple gens it feels as if they want the final forms of starters to be as unpredictable as possible and it has so far ended up with me liking the first forms of these starters more than the final ones

Razmos

They're so overly designed. Seeing how their design mentality has changed over the years, they just keep getting more and more ridiculous.
Because gen 1 pokemon were intentionally made simple because of hardware limitations. Of course the designs are going to get more intricate as the series moves on. Let's put a fucking horn on a seal and change one of the letters and call it a day, that simple enough for you?

Heel-cat for best starter. I was team Popplio but now it'll be impossible for me not to pick WWE cat. I'm so happy there's a wrestler starter.

Puruzi

Banned
I told y'all.

I told everyone in so many threads.

Every single fire starter has become bipedal, all of them. This was fated.

Wurst

This is the first time there's not one stinker among the final starter evos. For me at least. I'd be happy to use all of those!

Rowlett archer is dope!

Litten's final form a is a goddamn wrestler with an atomic belt that shoots out fire

HOW ARE PEOPLE NOT SALIVATING

well some people were hoping we would get a fire starter that stays on 4 legs for the first time

also if it ends up fire/fighting i don't blame people for not liking it

Unicorn

If you are talking about human gender then yeah. But this is about the sexual characteristics of pokemon, which is just an utterly bizarre concept.
I think that adding the anthropomorphic secondary sex characteristics of a single human sex to pokemon of both sexes is just an additional layer of weird in a world that already omits sexual reproduction and evolution in favor of gods willing babies to life.

For me, it is just part of the game's absurd charm, but some people get caught up by the utter strangeness of the pokemon world.
First gen had machamp and jynx and Mr. Mime, so maybe...

But there was also explicitly gendered nidoran. They tried to have their cake and eat it too, but look what it's wrought! Dissent on an Internet message board.

PK Gaming

It's another awful bipedal fire starter. The wrestling theme has been done before with Emboar.

Emboar's thing was being the pig from Journey to The West.

Litten looks like suplex city, and suplexes are the coolest.

I'm just baffled that people Popplio's final form. That thing looks like bad fanart from DeviantArt.

Anura

well some people were hoping we would get a fire starter that stays on 4 legs for the first time

also if it ends up fire/fighting i don't blame people for not liking it

I know I was hoping for it. Heck, I was hoping for tepig to stay on all fours as well and that turned out even worse than litten! I should just give up on fire starters.

Derpot

Oh damn. I was hesitating between Litten and Rowlet and I wanted to pick Litten, but now I see Final Rowlet, that makes me think.
His design is amazing.

Top Bottom