• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Forms of the Alola Starter Pokemon Leaked [MASSIVE SPOILERS]

Which is the coolest?

Results are only viewable after voting.
I was going to pick Litten anyway because I think everyone is going to pick Rowlet and Popplio is trash, I'm glad Litten has the best evolution by far! Soooo cool. I'm assuming he's Dark type.

Popplio is still trash.

I like em besides the popplio final evo, if it has fairy as a 2nd type that would be neat but speaking strictly design don't like where it went. Rowlett is the gift that keeps on giving tho

All three look great, no idea why so many of you are complaining. There is absolutely no way that these designs are 'worse' than the designs from the past 4 generations. If Litten's final form is fire/fighting that will be disappointing but his actual design looks good.

because people have different taste from yours, thats why. Honestly I didn't think that would need to be explained.

Trey

Meowth isn't really a good example because it's about as anthro as the source material:

a meowth literally talks in the anime, neko cat aside.

point is, pokemon has been weird and goofy with anthropomorphic animals and literal inanimate objects springing to life this whole time, and people are acting like this is a brand new thing.

21XX

Banned
Im not a gen 1 fanboy, gen 2 is actually my favorite, but i think a lot of designs from gen 5 are pretty atrocious. Gen 6 already has a few i dislike.

Well sure, you can definitely not like some of them. I think it's just silly for people to "this is the worst thing to ever happen to the series!" when it has been that way since day 1. None of it is new. There are ice cream cones, keys, fake pokeballs, aliens, dolls and more.

These are some of the worst starter designs in all of Pokemon. They're rivalling the shitshow that was gen 5's starters. I am so disappointed right now.
None of these are worse than the X/Y starters. Even the worst Sun/Moon starters are better than the best X/Y starters. Especially their final evolutions.

I like em besides the popplio final evo, if it has fairy as a 2nd type that would be neat but speaking strictly design don't like where it went. Rowlett is the gift that keeps on giving tho

because people have different taste from yours, thats why. Honestly I didn't think that would need to be explained.
It needs to be explained why someones taste is that bad. Especially when 90% of the people shitting on the designs are just drive by posting.

gardfish

Rowlet is SICK. Archer owl, hell yes.

Popplio ends up too effeminate for my tastes, although it's still a great design--just not my personal cup of tea.

If Litten is Fire/Fighting I will never trust a Fire starter again.

Owl and Popplio's looks great but I'm really disappointed in Littens evolution. Buff fire / fighting cat is just meh.

I was hoping for a huge fire cat or something. Like Arcanine, but more cat.

Mr-Joker

Banned
I don't care for it either, but it's far from the worst. That award goes to Samurott, the swordsman whose body shape makes it impossible to effectively practice Swordplay.

I love Samurott but I have to agree with this post, Samurott does not portray a samurai well and its design is a result of the team having artist block.

I mean, if they are the final evos it just reinforces my decision to pick Rowlett. Dude looks like a cross between an archer, a magician and a shady drug dealer with a hint of Zenyatta.

Watch Da Birdie

I buy cakes for myself on my birthday it's not weird lots of people do it I bet
My idea for Rowlet's Signature Move is a Flying-type attack that is never-miss AND priority.

Then my idea for its Hidden Ability increases the power of never-miss moves including those boosted with Lock-On.

That being said I could see it being another Gale Wings Pokemon.

RomanceDawn

Litten's evolution could be Fire Dark right? Didn't one of the recent leaks mention that? I know everything screams fire fighting but watching it swing that table at Pikachu gives me a rough and dirty fighter vibe. I sure hope it's fire/dark.

I love all of their designs!

Sums it up nicely.

4fc29f64d162fd1d90fe633709b7dccbe5eb5e42787e6647317035bb415af2c4_1.jpg

Busaiku

Litten's evolution could be Fire Dark right? Didn't one of the recent leaks mention that? I know everything screams fire fighting but watching it swing that table at Pikachu gives me a rough and dirty fighter vibe. I sure hope it's fire/dark.

I love all of their designs!
Fire/Dark would make Popplio resist both STABs.

Griss

Of all the leaked / proposed images, there was only one set I was praying / hoping it wasn't. And these are them.

Game Freak, fucking WHY.

Absolute garbage. Again.

The stuff in the trailer was great, but the last set of starters where I liked more than one of them was gen 4.

I don't care for it either, but it's far from the worst. That award goes to Samurott, the swordsman whose body shape makes it impossible to effectively practice Swordplay.

you do know how Samurott works right? Samurott chooses to walk on all fours, he can easily walk on his two legs and fight with his two sword he just doesn't. it limiting yourself in order to make youself stronger and to have fairer fights

Coffinhal

Of all the leaked / proposed images, there was only one set I was praying / hoping it wasn't. And these are them.

Game Freak, fucking WHY.

Absolute garbage. Again.

The stuff in the trailer was great, but the last set of starters where I liked more than one of them was gen 4.

You have the same level of tolerance of tolerance as a Donald Trump's voter. Absolute garbage.

Samurott has a sick design but it suffers greatly from being a mono-water type with a design that doesn't go well with its evolutionary theme.

The worst starter line thus far are definitely Tepig and Chespin. I actually thought Chespin would turn out okay too. I'll give Fennekin a pass as Fire/Psychic is pretty neat despite Delphox's awful design.

None take the cake over these though. Easily the worst of the bunch thus far.

Best wishes.

you do know how Samurott works right? Samurott chooses to walk on all fours, he can easily walk on his two legs and fight with his two sword he just doesn't. it limiting yourself in order to make youself stronger and to have fairer fights

If that's true, then how come he's never depicted that way? The best I've ever seen is Samurott kind of just swinging a blade while hunched over.

Top Bottom