• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final trailer for "Valerian and the City of a Thousand Planets"

Lol, was not expecting Coolio.

This movie will bomb super hard but I can't wait to see it despite Besson's poor track record in recent years. Trailer looked amazing.

I don't foresee how they break even, given their budget and most people's unawareness about the IP.

But - as with anything Besson - I'm optimistic that it'll be fun, or at least memorable.

Keasar

Livin' in an Valerian Paradise~

No idea if the film will be good but as a fan of fantasy-science-fiction I am definitely into this.

BossLackey

Gold Member
I can't say no to world-building Sci-Fi. It probably won't be great, but I'm sure it will at least be entertaining. Definitely seeing it.

I don't foresee how they break even, given their budget and most people's unawareness about the IP.

But - as with anything Besson - I'm optimistic that it'll be fun, or at least memorable.

Considering the success of Lucy, I don't think the IP is the problem but the leads certainly are. I like them both but they're not going to put butts in seats.

Still, this could very well end up being this year's best blockbuster, I'm super excited.

Mr.Mike

Tbh it seems like there's enough dope CGI in there to be worth watching at least once, regardless of everything else.

Fliesen

I'm getting Jupiter Jones vibes. :/

I don't really 'feel' the visual style of this trailer at all :/

Modern sci-fi is weird.

Sotha Sil

I know it's an adaptation but I have zero tolerance for CGI earth-tones bulldog-looking monsters. John Carter vibes.

That plus circa 2017 Besson = hard pass

CHC

Looks stupid but visually really cool. It will probably be fun, hopefully like the Fifth Element.

Sometimes I wonder in situations like this though if it would have just been simpler to make the whole movie CGI. I mean it's like 75% of the way there and at some point it would probably be simpler to just fully animate a scene rather than use actors and cameras at all.

Easy_D

never left the stone age
Dat Pastime Paradise trailer music tho. Movie looks gorgeous, like god damn these visuals.

Osahi

They're reissuing the comics here (in some nice collected editions, with dossiers and such), and I'm finally able to discover them. They are great, considering how old they are.

Hope I'll be able to catch this on the big screen, as this comes out when I'm on a three week trip to Vietnam and cinema's here are really quick in pulling pics of the schedule after a week when they underperform (and I fear this will bomb)

It worked for Avatar.

mjlol.png

CloudWolf

Why would they use a Gangsta's Paradise remix/cover for this? Haha

Anyway, this will probably be terrible, but those alien designs are neat.

Platy

Love the comics but this movie will be SOOO bad.

That being said, saw the Beatles trailer while watching Guardians 2 in 3D and HOLY SHIT this movie looks stunning in 3D

v1lla21

Totally watching this because of the visuals and funky looking aliens. That's all I really care about. My expectations are rather low for this. Plus, there's something about Cara that makes me find her attractive.

Top Bottom