• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fire Emblem 12 (DS) Fan Translation |OT| Like Shadow Dragon, but good

Necrovex

I also need to my a flashcard for my DSi XL. I have never messed around in this area, so this should be interesting...*gulp*

Peff

It's worth noting that the Rainbow potion and the maturity drops are super broken. Considering the game already offers a non-permadeath mode, it's better not to use them unless you want to go nuts.

chaosblade

Unconfirmed Member
Where can I snag a legit Japanese copy of this at a half decent price?

If the prices are anything like they were when I was looking for my copy, you would probably find it cheaper to go through a proxy service and order a copy from Japan.

I used White Rabbit to get VC3 (just got it a couple days ago in fact) and had no problems, and the basic forwarding service was pretty cheap ($6.50, others I saw were twice that or more).

Phew, that's one massive burden (not in the negative sense) off my mind.

Hope everyone enjoys the patch! We put in hundreds of man (and woman) hours to get this baby finished.

Hope everyone enjoys the patch! We put in hundreds of man (and woman) hours to get this baby finished.

Thank you for the sacrifices you've made for our country

EF6fJ.jpg

chaosblade

Unconfirmed Member

Glad that it's finished, thanks to all of you for putting the effort in!

And I liked all the Falcom comments in the recent updates too.

Roman

Massive thanks to you all! It really is greatly appreciated and not soon forgotten.

I hope this and Awakening are going to convince more people to try out this series!

Yka

Thanks so much for all your hard work!

Fire Emblem - Shin Monshou no Nazo Hikari to Kage no Eiyuu [DSi Enhanced]

Play-Asia coupons for gaffers who want to import the game before playing the patched ROM:

$5 off $60, expires 22 November. Quote to show.

$5 off $60, expires 01 December. Quote to show.

It's worth noting that the Rainbow potion and the maturity drops are super broken. Considering the game already offers a non-permadeath mode, it's better not to use them unless you want to go nuts.

Unless you're playing Lunatic in which case you're probably going to have to use them if you want to stay sane.

Laughing Banana

Weeping Pickle

I love, praise, treasure, respect, and honor you and all of the good people you work with to finish this thing. You can't even begin to imagine how stupidly excited and happy you guys made me with this thing.

Thank you, thank you, thank you so much for your and your team's hard work. Thank you so much.

Laughing Banana

Weeping Pickle
I never understood the criticism for SD. It wasn't the best FE ever, but it was very respectable, and a great game.

Sure, the graphics are a disappointment, but whatever, it's FE, meaning the only way to play it is removing all graphic effects.

Excited for this patch.

It's very.......... how should I say this........

...It feels soulless and dry.

Thank you so much for this. I absolutely love when a fan translation group finishes a game. It's the culmination of so many donated hours all poured into a labor of love.

Even if I'm not going to play the game (which I will, it's Fire Emblem, after all), I have to pay my respects. You guys are awesome.

Pau

I was so bummed when this wasn't localized. You guys just made my week. Thank you so much for this! Y'all good people. :)

Now to import the game. Never done it before but totally worth it for Fire Emblem. Thanks as well to those who posted advice on where to import.

Chrom

dlc1122_img.jpg

I'm sure I'm not the only one who finds it somewhat amusing that the latest if not possibly final DLC character from Fire Emblem Awakening happens to be Katarina. Intelligent Systems were obviously onto you guys.

D

Deleted member 74300

Unconfirmed Member
Translators does what Nintenwon't yet again.

Socreges

Banned
So uh..... NBA Jam advertisement in the OP, eh?

Can someone compare FE12 to FE7 (Blazing Sword, the first GBA one)? In terms of difficulty, length, complexity, whatever? However you want to compare them. Would just be good to know what it's like through comparison to the 2D FE I'm most familiar with.

So uh..... NBA Jam advertisement in the OP, eh?

Can someone compare FE12 to FE7 (Blazing Sword, the first GBA one)? In terms of difficulty, length, complexity, whatever? However you want to compare them. Would just be good to know what it's like through comparison to the 2D FE I'm most familiar with.

Um, it's set up very similarly to FE7, in that the player gets an avatar that characters talk to, and there's a prologue which eases the player into things. Difficulty-wise I think it may be a bit more difficult than FE7. You won't see enemies with ~30% hit rates nearly as often, and your units tend to be pretty fragile. In terms of complexity, they're really about the same. They're both pretty bare-bones. FE6/7 removed all the fancy stuff from FE4 and 5, and FE11/12 removes all the fancy stuff from FE9 and 10. Length-wise, I... think they're about the same? FE12 has actual single-use save points scattered throughout the maps, to make things a bit easier. They're pretty similar, all in all.

Socreges

Banned
Good to hear. FE7 might lack certain elements, but I still loved it.

On that note (FE4/5), did Thracia or Genealogy ever receive (competent) translation patches? To the point where there are no drawbacks for someone playing in English?

Good to hear. FE7 might lack certain elements, but I still loved it.

On that note (FE4/5), did Thracia or Genealogy ever receive (competent) translation patches? To the point where there are no drawbacks for someone playing in English?

Yeah, for the most part. But they're not quite... totally there. At least not nearly to the extent this one is, or even FE6 is. I think YoshiRider explained some of the problems with those patches earlier in this thread.

Javier

As far as FE12's difficulty goes, Normal and Hard are standard Normal and Hard difficulties for the FE series. Maniac gives enemy units ridiculous boosts, and reclassing becomes a need early on due to requiring fliers/mages/archers to get past certain maps.

Lunatic is just stupidly frustrating. You WILL get mauled to death and you WILL get frustrated. It makes FE7's Hector Hard Mode look like a cakewalk.

There's a hidden fifth difficulty unlocked when you beat Lunatic. It's called Lunatic' (Note the apostrophe) and it's basically the same as Lunatic, except
all enemy units have a hidden Vantage skill that's "always on". This means that whenever you initiate an attack, the enemy unit will ALWAYS attack first (provided he is range of countering).

Socreges

Banned
There's a hidden fifth difficulty unlocked when you beat Lunatic. It's called Lunatic' (Note the apostrophe) and it's basically the same as Lunatic, except
all enemy units have a hidden Vantage skill that's "always on". This means that whenever you initiate an attack, the enemy unit will ALWAYS attack first (provided he is range of countering).
Yeesh.

Katsuragi

Thanks a lot to everyone involved in translating this game for the Fire Emblem community. As a huge fan of the series, I really appreciate it. I'm in the process of importing a copy of Fire Emblem: Shin Monshō no Nazo and can't wait to play the game!

Ezalc

dlc1122_img.jpg

I'm sure I'm not the only one who finds it somewhat amusing that the latest if not possibly final DLC character from Fire Emblem Awakening happens to be Katarina. Intelligent Systems were obviously onto you guys.

NO! I want fucking Nephenee and Sigurd damn it!

Akito

I'm having a blast with the game, it's great how involved your avatar is with everyone but leave my hair alone, why is every single one of them so obsessed about it :lol

Top Bottom