• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fire Emblem Awakening [3DS] coming to Europe in 2012

Peff

I'm sure it'll be released in the US too, just maybe not this year. Shadow Dragon was also a 2008 EUR/2009 US situation, plus with the DLC confirmed it just seems too important not to make it.

I feel like NoA is saving it's load for E3, if we are getting Xenoblade AND The Last Story we'll most likely get FE:A eventually.

Do you really think this isn't coming to America? There has never been a European Fire Emblem game that didn't come to the US as well. They are probably just waiting till E3. If NoA can be arsed to release Spirit Camera, I don't see why they wouldn't release this.

If it wasn't for Operation Rainfall, Xenoblade and Last Story wouldn't be coming to America. Fire Emblem is too niche to even garner the kind of support Xenoblade and Last Story had.

Not to mention NOA has been pretending this game doesn't exist for quite some time now. So I don't understand how you guys can be optimistic.

MLH

Europe 2012!? Yes!
I'm so split between North American 3DS and European 3DS at the moment. NA get Etrian Odyssey IV and Good People Die but EU gets the Nintendo games since NOE is awesome.

Alexios

Cores, shaders and BIOS oh my!
If it wasn't for Operation Rainfall, Xenoblade and Last Story wouldn't be coming to America.
I don't think there's evidence to support that claim other than they were both announced long after Operation Rainfall...

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
Not to mention NOA has been pretending this game doesn't exist for quite some time now. So I don't understand how you guys can be optimistic.

The only Fire Emblem game that hasn't been released in the US since the franchise was first established in the West was the second DS game, which didn't come to Europe either. I will eat my own head if this isn't shown at E3 along with Paper Mario, Animal Crossing and all the other first party titles that weren't shown today.

tim.mbp

Because it's NOA. They are clearly focused on spring releases. I'm sure Fire Emblem will make an appearance at E3.

YAWN

Ask me which Shakespeare novel is best
Best piece of gaming related news I've heard in a while.
Some people claiming they didn't get their megaton, well, I got mine.

This is one of the reasons I bought a 3DS. Cheers NoE!

I'm looking forward to seeing the guest characters from past titles. Hopefully Karel will make an appearance, and, yeah, that one guy sure looks like Zihark.
The character creation looks really cool as well. Man, I can't keep my excitement in check!

SykoTech

Those marching soldiers looked more idiotic than menacing. Really neat trailer otherwise.

Not goona get too excited though until it's confirmed to come to NA as well.

Those marching soldiers looked more idiotic than menacing. Really neat trailer otherwise.

They reminded me of the exaggerated movements of the prison guards walking animation in Ghost Trick if anything, so yes idiotic indeed.

Shikamaru Ninja

任天堂 の 忍者

I think it is a done deal. The good thing about Fire Emblem (like many other lesser selling ips to come), is that they can build a steady stream of low risk revenue by creating "DLC episodes / sequels". You don't have to worry about publishing another "Fire Emblem" if you can just release the sequel as a DLC instead.

Effect

As said I wouldn't be surprised if NA gets this in the second half of the year while Europe gets it earlier. The key here is who is going to be doing the english localization. Who did the localizations for the GameCube and Wii Fire Emblem games? Or at least the vocal work?

Meikiyou

Looks like Marth is in this game. The Shield of Seals is definitely shown at the end of the trailer. This game could possibly connect with Akaneia.

I think marth is the villain with butterfly mask as his sword is the same of the hero and their sword is called falchion as the one marth carried.

Sorry someone already said what i think abouts the butterfly masked one =c

Watch the trailer again, the masked one doesn't seem like a villain though =c

JoeFu

Banned
So this might be a continuation of the 3rd game? Which was remade on the DS and never came here?:(

I really hope they announce this at E3

Yeah man, time to get a 3DS.

So this might be a continuation of the 3rd game? Which was remade on the DS and never came here?:(
It might be related somehow, but it probably won't be a direct continuation.

Yeah, I seriously doubt it's a direct continuation although it is possible it takes place after the events of Mystery of the Emblem. Or maybe in-between Shadow Dragon and Mystery of the Emblem.

h2xML.png

Most likely Zihark (FE9/10) and Ayra (FE4)

Maybe as DLC characters. I doubt they're in the actual story.

Big One

Banned
Wait this game takes place in the first series continuity? Nice! Didn't expect this whatsoever, but the logo should've tipped me off I suppose.

Peff

g2YlN.png

That's the design for the eshop cards. The DLC can't be that expensive if it's just 1000 yen, right?

There is a FE12 translation project that seems to be making some decent progress. The last update was three days ago so it's active and ongoing. Hopefully it will be finished soon especially if Awakening has any relation.

Meikiyou

There is a FE12 translation project that seems to be making some decent progress. The last update was three days ago so it's active and ongoing. Hopefully it will be finished soon especially if Awakening has any relation.

Good to know, never heard of this project it is nice to see how little teams with no payment can get us what big companys can't

Damn, now I'm seriously considering getting a 3DS. I'm still salty about that second DS game though. :(

If it isn't released in NA, you guys could still import. Oh wait.

Top Bottom