• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fire Emblem Awakening [3DS] coming to Europe in 2012

Bentles

what? I thought the story in RD was fantastic.
Hahahaha. I love how your opinions are the exact opposite of each others.

I've only played like, the first 45 minutes maybe of Radiant Dawn and it seemed pretty tough to me. Is it considered harder or am I just playing wrong/being careless? I'm not great at FE games but I still enjoy them and look forward to this 3DS one.

I've only played like, the first 45 minutes maybe of Radiant Dawn and it seemed pretty tough to me. Is it considered harder or am I just playing wrong/being careless? I'm not great at FE games but I still enjoy them and look forward to this 3DS one.

The beginning of RD is really tough. There is a major disparity between the first half (maybe third) and the other half of the game.

Anteo

The dificult Settings got translated wrong iirc. In the japanese version the modes are : "Normal", "Hard" and "Maniac" In English-language, those were renamed to "Easy" ,"Normal" and "Hard"

Heropon

I'm at the second part of Radiant Dawn and I didn't like all those prepromoted units. I want to build my army from the beginning, and it felt wrong having all those superstrong or superweak characters.

The dificult Settings got translated wrong iirc. In the japanese version the modes are : "Normal", "Hard" and "Maniac" In English-language, those were renamed to "Easy" ,"Normal" and "Hard"

Are you sure they didn't just get rid of Maniac and add an Easy for the American version? They've done that sort of thing before.

I'm at the second part of Radiant Dawn and I didn't like all those prepromoted units. I want to build my army from the beginning, and it felt wrong having all those superstrong or superweak characters.

Well, there are three tiers in this game, so they do still have plenty of room to go. The Dawn Brigade is your entire first-tier pool, so train them up well if you want them.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Radiant Dawn is the first US FE game that has the difficulty unchanged from the Japanese version. RD hard is maniac mode and it is balls hard.

PoR was the one of the two with the gimped hard mode.

SS is easy in any version and FE 7 had quite a bit of the difficulty removed. Shadow Dragon is like RD in that the difficulty modes were carried over without change.

Top Bottom