• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fire Emblem Awakening |OT| Lord of the RNG

Status
Not open for further replies.

Moonlight

Banned
You'll have to promote to Hero (and I believe there's another option), and use a Second Seal after that. Second Seals will let you reclass into the other advanced classes if you're already a promoted class.

You'll have to promote to Hero (and I believe there's another option), and use a Second Seal after that. Second Seals will let you reclass into the other advanced classes if you're already a promoted class.
Neat. I thought Second Seals only allowed basic classes. Thank you.

Sully's confession line is amazing:
I love you, you bastard.
The blushing, pink, sparkling portrait just seals the deal.

Maaan. Normal is too easy and Hard is too Hard, and I'm only on Chapter 3. Should I restart on Hard, but just put it to casual so I don't have to restart 5 minutes into every fight because that fucking Sumia gets oneshotted by god damn everything?

Prax

Maaan. Normal is too easy and Hard is too Hard, and I'm only on Chapter 3. Should I restart on Hard, but just put it to casual so I don't have to restart 5 minutes into every fight because that fucking Sumia gets oneshotted by god damn everything?

Normal probably gets harder though? Keep going to chapter 10 and report back. xD

Socreges

Banned
Alternatively, you could just stop putting Sumia in harm's way. Wyverns knights have huge advantages (mobility, speed) and huge disadvantages (weak, vulnerable). They're deadly if used properly. She just needs a bit more care than other units.

vall03

Note to self: Never go to battle having C or no Support levels for a character. Finishing Nahs map was a pain due to this *sigh*

Forkball

Uh wow, Paralogue 15 isn't playing around. I've been crushing fools left and right but I'm getting devastated there. Maybe because I'm only on chapter 14? THOSE HORSE ARCHERS KILLED SUMIA IN ONE HIT EVEN THOUGH HER HAZUBANDO IS WITH HER.

Ken

I picked up an axe in like chapter 2 but I can't equip it on Vaike. It says it's a radiant weapon; how do I use it?

NeonZ

Champions of Yore 1 is a very cool experience. The music is excellent, plus all the dialogue from the classic characters.

Tempted to buy 2 and 3. What are people's thoughts?

2 is kind of pointless, but you need to buy it to get the superior 3rd one, which has a new skill that can be given to anyone (all stats +2), it's harder (still for unpromoted characters though) and there are more numerous enemies and DLC Dark Mage Micaiah has Inversa's Shadowgift skill, which allows using dark magic in any magic wielding class.

Prax

So I should just puss out and go back to Normal/Classic, and then try Hard/Classic next time around, if I had some fun? Seems fine to me.

Yes. Especially if you don't love restarting forever~! lol
How far did you even get in normal before going to hard? I know the first few chapters are like "the enemy hits for 0 damage lol", but that's probably because they are still in tutorial mode.

I think Normal does get harder as you try to manage with weaker units and don't rely on Frederick and the like. Hard mode makes you really use Frederick a lot more to avoid death, but it also requires lot of juggling/switching so he doesn't absorb too much experience, and maybe that's too much for you to handle right now. >_> (I play FE a lot and I still die a lot in hard mode too lol)

Socreges

Banned
2 is kind of pointless, but you need to buy it to get the superior 3rd one, which has a new skill that can be given to anyone (all stats +2), it's harder and there are more numerous enemies and DLC Dark Mage Micaiah has Inversa's Shadowgift skill, which allows using dark magic in any magic wielding class.
Is it a fun map, though?

Yore 1 got me two weapons that I can't even use yet! I'll be happy for them later on, but for now I saw its worth in the experience itself, not the result.

Socreges

Banned
Not sure. I'll check again later. Is weapon skill level the proficiency thing?
Yeah. Each weapon has a level (E -> A). The character needs to have a proficiency at the weapons level. eg, Donnel starts at E with the Lance, so he can't use Iron which are D level. But with each attack/kill, the characters weapon proficiency improves. You can see it on the bottom left corner of the bottom screen.

Yes. Especially if you don't love restarting forever~! lol
How far did you even get in normal before going to hard? I know the first few chapters are like "the enemy hits for 0 damage lol", but that's probably because they are still in tutorial mode.

I think Normal does get harder as you try to manage with weaker units and don't rely on Frederick and the like. Hard mode makes you really use Frederick a lot more to avoid death, but it also requires lot of juggling/switching so he doesn't absorb too much experience, and maybe that's too much for you to handle right now. >_> (I play FE a lot and I still die a lot in hard mode too lol)

I got to mission 2 and enemies were barely hitting me at all. I just barely squeaked by mission 5, but it took me over an hour and was really frustrating. Probably because I ditched Fred as soon as I could.

EDIT: Whoops. I mean chapter 4. Oh, the world map is open and now I can grind if I need to? Great. I'll stick it out on hard.

This story is so dumb. This is a worse bromance than a Judd Apatow film, and that's saying something.

Thank goodness the gameplay is so tight and addictive. It's just... video game storytelling has so far to go.

Re: End of Chapter 21...

Socreges

Banned
Has anyone else neglected to use Kellam? Most of the early chapters have a ton of Axe enemies and his stats never impressed me so I've barely used him. I've also assumed that a better Knight would come along, but that hasn't happened yet.

Grave mistake?

Has anyone else neglected to use Kellam? Most of the early chapters have a ton of Axe enemies and his stats never impressed me so I've barely used him. I've also assumed that a better Knight would come along, but that hasn't happened yet.

Grave mistake?
If you pair him up with Sumia, he gives her an excellent boost to her strength and defense. It really helps cover her weak points.

NeonZ

Is it a fun map, though?

Yore 1 got me two weapons that I can't even use yet! I'll be happy for them later on, but for now I saw its worth in the experience itself, not the result.

Yore 2 is very similar to the first one, that's the main problem. Switch the girls' and boys' roles (now you fight against the male leads of each past Fire Emblem with help from Celica, Lyn and Eirika), split your troops into two groups, one in each side of the island, change things to sunset, the soundtrack to FE6's and you have Yore 2. Storywise, it does introduce the villain of the Yore set though and has more Hubba.

Neat. I thought Second Seals only allowed basic classes. Thank you.

You need to be level 10 in a promoted class in order to class change straight to another promotion, if you do that before then, you'll just get options for basic classes.

This story is so dumb. This is a worse bromance than a Judd Apatow film, and that's saying something.

Thank goodness the gameplay is so tight and addictive. It's just... video game storytelling has so far to go.

Re: End of Chapter 21...
Stale and boring is par for the course when it comes to the writing in FE games. When I played Radiant Dawn I ended up skipping a lot of the story stuff just because I couldn't stand how banal it was anymore.

Kincaido

Got 99 problems and only one of them is a waifu
Having your unit use Astra against someone who uses counter is scary. Thought my Severa was gonna die.

vall03

Finally got Galeforce on Lissa and Maribelle. However, I need to get it again for Severa and Nah. Looks like I'll be grinding again!

GeekyDad

Generals are great in general, in my opinion, but with Pair Up, this game makes their movement a non-factor. Just pair them up with a flier, fly somewhere, then switch back.

Ah, didn't think about that. I've been doing some pairing up, but usually out of necessity to keep a unit weak in the weapon triangle out of the fray or something like that. But yeah, that sounds like a great, little exploit. Either way, though, he's gone forever...Hard Mode is pretty challenging so far. It's been a while since I've played an FE game. I think the last one I played was the one that came out for Wii a while back.

As an aside, some of these story bits aren't all that great. I enjoy the banter, but Chapter 4's premise was ridiculous. I know the FE series has never been FFT-caliber, but this, so far, might be the weakest story-wise. The oodles of gameplay content, though, more than make up for that. And I do enjoy the more lighthearted characters this game has.

Socreges

Banned
Finished Chapter 7 and a skirmish appeared on the map. I'd missed previous chances so I tried this one out right away. The enemy units were much, much stronger than mine. I ended up pairing Sully (lvl 12) with Sumia (lvl 7), equipping a Silver Lance, and having her hold a choke point with supports around her (increasing her AVO). It was more just a test and I expected to fail, but... it actually worked. They couldn't hit her. Meanwhile I used my range units to weaken them and Lissa to heal. I don't think I've ever been so out matched in this series and still managed to succeed. Pretty ridiculous how important the right pairing and supports can be.

In other news I lost Cordelia moments after she joined my group. And I just kept going. Is she important in recruiting other units?

vehn

Does the paralogue skip from ch. 2 to ch. 12?

Also I'm playing on hard and used to restart levels all the time since it was pretty hard, but now I got three guys at stat level 200 while enemy in ch. 13 is only stat level 70. I can practically auto battle and beat regular levels. . .

Kincaido

Got 99 problems and only one of them is a waifu
Finished Chapter 7 and a skirmish appeared on the map. I'd missed previous chances so I tried this one out right away. The enemy units were much, much stronger than mine. I ended up pairing Sully (lvl 12) with Sumia (lvl 7), equipping a Silver Lance, and having her hold a choke point with supports around her (increasing her AVO). It was more just a test and I expected to fail, but... it actually worked. They couldn't hit her. Meanwhile I used my range units to weaken them and Lissa to heal. I don't think I've ever been so out matched in this series and still managed to succeed. Pretty ridiculous how important the right pairing and supports can be.

In other news I lost Cordelia moments after she joined my group. And I just kept going. Is she important in recruiting other units?

She's needed for one character.

Does the paralogue skip from ch. 2 to ch. 12?

Also I'm playing on hard and used to restart levels all the time since it was pretty hard, but now I got three guys at stat level 200 while enemy in ch. 13 is only stat level 70. I can practically auto battle and beat regular levels. . .

Paralogues 5-16 are for children characters.

This game is going to take me forever to finish because of my stubbornness when it comes to units dying. I'm on Chapter 10 and I've already played over 20 hours...

GeekyDad

This game is going to take me forever to finish because of my stubbornness when it comes to units dying. I'm on Chapter 10 and I've already played over 20 hours...

Is that including the time the game doesn't count due to restarts? :p

My clock says about three hours, but I know I've put in about twice that so far.

Delio

4 more levels...Lissa and then you will fly with Galeforce! Then it's off to Maribelle grinding. Although she seems to be leveling a tad faster.

I havent gotten Nah yet as I was wondering what skills to get on Kellam to inherit. (yes he married Nowi leave me alone). Should I be reclassing Nowi? Will she be able to go right back to her dragon class?

Midou

Does activity playtime include when I close the system with the game on?

I have about 45 hours in-game but 65 hours according to the activity log, and I'd like to believe it's not that much.. but it's possible. Average playtime says 1:26 though. I got it on the 29th when canada had that leak, so I guess it's possible.

GeekyDad

4 more levels...Lissa and then you will fly with Galeforce! Then it's off to Maribelle grinding. Although she seems to be leveling a tad faster.

I havent gotten Nah yet as I was wondering what skills to get on Kellam to inherit. (yes he married Nowi leave me alone). Should I be reclassing Nowi? Will she be able to go right back to her dragon class?

I've always kept a dedicated healer in past games, but after seeing your post, I'm wondering if that's necessary.

Does activity playtime include when I close the system with the game on?

I have about 45 hours in-game but 65 hours according to the activity log, and I'd like to believe it's not that much.. but it's possible. Average playtime says 1:26 though. I got it on the 29th when canada had that leak, so I guess it's possible.
The Activity Log doesn't track time when the system is in sleep mode, no. You have legitimately played 65 hours of this game, haha. The Activity Log is really cool, if you look around you can find a graph (or list) that shows you how much you played each day and everything.

So from what I've read about internal levels, it seems like there isn't necessarily a reason to use master seals early. So waiting until level 20 to promote might be the best option after all.

Neiteio

I used master seals to promote Chrom to Great Lord, Kellam to General, and Lon'qu to Assassin. BADASS!

Also, Kellam married Maribelle. That was an... uh, interesting proposal.

Midou

The Activity Log doesn't track time when the system is in sleep mode, no. You have legitimately played 65 hours of this game, haha. The Activity Log is really cool, if you look around you can find a graph (or list) that shows you how much you played each day and everything.

Yeah I was looking around the activity log now. I opened it once the day I got my system but never after that. It's a neat feature.

I guess im only on chapter 6 but when do you get to grind stuff out?

Also sully seems like an awful unit. Her growths seem terrible.

Also when does the waifu start?

Can someone explain this to me. Its about the Tactician, marriage, and the relationship with a certain character

So Im reading that you can have the Tactician and Lucina hook up. How exactly does that work? I thought all the kids were from Lucina's timeline, so would their kid be from a further future? Is this addressed within the support with the kid?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom