• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fire Emblem Awakening |OT| Lord of the RNG

Status
Not open for further replies.

cjkeats

Even though the stats maybe lower sometimes the caps for certain stats are higher so going to other classes can have its advantages also you
Gain access to other skills :) also ure avatar is awesome
Double post sorry

Hrm. I assume it would be better to go with a starter class, rather than a secondary class with my seal right?

and thanks, gotta represent my choice waifu ;) lol Here's the original full size if anyone else is curious.

Volotaire

I haven't got the game yet, but having played previous fire emblems, I was wondering about the difference between hard and lunatic?

Hrm. I assume it would be better to go with a starter class, rather than a secondary class with my seal right?

and thanks, gotta represent my choice waifu ;) lol Here's the original full size if anyone else is curious.

Well I want to get something cleared up first
did you max your levels or did you Max out your stats. If its levels than I personally don't think it matters too much unless u want some utility skills like the barbarian skill that works like Leif's blade or the thieves skill

If its maxed out stats then you are better off just going to the promoted classes since they all cap differently plus they have some great utility skills
Dark knight gets life taker at lvl 15
And generals get pavasive at lvl 15

Hope this explains in better detail and thanks for the image!
Lol typing on iPods suck for typing

Mode8

Banned
Is this a glitch? Just started the game, but the first shop I came to, I thought I would buy some vulnerary. I clicked "buy" four times in a row, but noticed I was still maxed out at 3, so I was unable to buy any more. But it still took the 1200 gold from my purse.

Is that right?

Is this a glitch? Just started the game, but the first shop I came to, I thought I would buy some vulnerary. I clicked "buy" four times in a row, but noticed I was still maxed out at 3, so I was unable to buy any more. But it still took the 1200 gold from my purse.

Is that right?
Did you check your convoy? Vulneraries only have 3 uses per set you cannot go higher than that

Anteo

Is that right?

The item is in ypur pack or whatever is called where items go when you are out of space.

Edit: Yeah convoy, that.

OceanBlue

Is that right?

Think of vulneraries like weapons. You can use them to heal yourself on the field, but after they're used 3 times, they break. You can't refill item uses by purchasing them.

Your the first person on gaf that said this any reasons as to why?

I also feel that he's kinda meh as well :/ he's aptitude skill and underdog skill that he can pass to the kids are the only reason I see uses for him lok

Mine really sucked. Took too much effort to feed him kills, and he somehow ended up with shitty level ups despite Aptitude.

So I just beat chapter 4 and unlocked the DLC, and I'm a bit confused. All the skirmishes and paralogus 1 have enemies WAY beyond my level. How the hell am I supposed to level up my guys that have lagged behind, or try out new relationships? Playing on hard/classic btw. I feel like I'm missing something here.

cjkeats

Well I want to get something cleared did you max your levels or did you Max out your stats. If its levels than I personally don't think it matters too much unless u want some utility skills like the barbarian skill that works like Leif's blade or the thieves skill

If its maxed out stats then you are better off just going to the promoted classes since they all cap differently plus they have some great utility skills
Dark knight gets life taker at lvl 15
And generals get pavasive at lvl 15

Hope this explains in better detail and thanks for the image!

I only maxed levels. He capped at lvl20 both times. I never really fully understood the maxing the stats or the stats thing. It's not a huge deal, I'm only playing normal/casual anyways, it just bugs me to see him not get any XP every fight. :p

backlot

Think of vulneraries like weapons. You can use them to heal yourself on the field, but after they're used 3 times, they break. You can't refill item uses by purchasing them.

You can refill vulneraries on the inventory screen between maps if you have extras in your convoy.

I only maxed levels. He capped at lvl20 both times. I never really fully understood the maxing the stats or the stats thing. It's not a huge deal, I'm only playing normal/casual anyways, it just bugs me to see him not get any XP every fight. :p

Ahhh then disregard the 2nd part just mess around with skills and get crazy invincible units like
Life taker
Leathlity
Astra
Sol
Vengeance
Thief or something
:p this game is so great for that

So I just beat chapter 4 and unlocked the DLC, and I'm a bit confused. All the skirmishes and paralogus 1 have enemies WAY beyond my level. How the hell am I supposed to level up my guys that have lagged behind, or try out new relationships? Playing on hard/classic btw. I feel like I'm missing something here.
I don't think you're missing anything, the game is just a bit brutal when you are first getting started. Your experience sounds very similar to mine when I was at that point in the game. I managed to power through a skirmish and paralouge 1 with my party at the time but it wasn't easy. Stick with it, it'll get better!

The general rule of thumb is to avoid using Frederick more than you have to early on but I had to abuse him a time or two to make it through. That's always an option you can fall back on if you need to.

Anteo

Yeah that's the point of hard mode, it is hard to grind at first, you will have to do some extra work, or use the DLC.

Mine really sucked. Took too much effort to feed him kills, and he somehow ended up with shitty level ups despite Aptitude.
I agree his luck and aptitude are the only appealing aspect for me his class changes are all really lacking hero is the only one with some decent skills :/ he really needed the general class

GeekyDad

Holy shit, finally beat that first DLC map. I musta made 10 attempts, trying to level up some level 1 and level 2 characters. I have to say, Old Hubba is a story highlight for me thus far, which is ironic, since he's not really a part of the main story it seems. And I got my Marth card.

massoluk

Banned
Yeah that's the point of hard mode, it is hard to grind at first, you will have to do some extra work, or use the DLC.

After I finished Chapter 12 normal, I rerolled as hard mode, boy, I can imagine it's hell if you don't abuse the DLC for leveling up. Night and day, man.

Use Fredrick (give him a bronze sword and give the lance to sully or something$
And have him weaken enemies and have others steal the exp for a while
Use the florina spot pass if you want some early exp . And try to avoid using Fred before chapter 7

I actually kicked Fred off my team the instant I could, I don't think he's a attacked a single person. Florina spotpass for XP eh? Are the spot pass missions repeatable?

EDIT: Oh also, when I turned it on today, before beating chapter 3, a little girl appeared next to one of my skirmishes, and then disappeared along with it when I beat chapter 4. What was that?

JLeack

Banned
I really hope the game gets more depth soon. I'm 3 hours in and so far it's just a flat SRPG experience about using the correct weapons against the correct enemies. The skill system is bland and the maps are way too simple.

I actually kicked Fred off my team the instant I could, I don't think he's a attacked a single person. Florina spotpass for XP eh? Are the spot pass missions repeatable?
Yes they are it also helps grind your renown so it helps in that regard as well
Yeah I kicked Fred by chapter 4 his growths just suck lol
On regards to your seconds question it might have been skirmish merchant battle where u have to save the merchant and at the end you get an item

I really hope the game gets more depth soon. I'm 3 hours in and so far it's just a flat SRPG experience about using the correct weapons against the correct enemies. The skill system is bland and the maps are way too simple.
What mode are you playing on if you it simple amp up the difficulty the game

GeekyDad

EDIT: Oh also, when I turned it on today, before beating chapter 3, a little girl appeared next to one of my skirmishes, and then disappeared along with it when I beat chapter 4. What was that?

Yeah, that's probably not a good idea, as he makes a great meatshield. You don't have to use him to plow through units anymore, but you might still want to consider using him to soften enemies, as well as help in creating a wall for weaker units and pairing up for extra stats. That's what helped me get through that farking DLC map without losing anyone finally.

I feel like I'm really bashing my head against a wall with this post chapter 4 stuff. Should I just restart on normal, or is normal just way too easy?

EDIT: Or maybe I'm just missing something. Fred would be a great pair up partner for some people, but he one hit kills anything that he hits so even as a meatshield he's doing more damage than everybody else.

Moonlight

Banned
There's no shame in Normal, and people saying it's the easiest thing ever are exaggerating. It will still punish mistakes and the Paralogues in particular can get pretty rattling no matter the difficulty.

I would recommend Classic either way though.

I feel like I'm really bashing my head against a wall with this post chapter 4 stuff. Should I just restart on normal, or is normal just way too easy?
My friend had trouble in post chapter 4 as well
Just remember in the early game pair up more often with units that benefit one another and do not go against the weapons triangle
Sword>axe>spear>sword
Early on
Also try not to attack with the same weapon if the opponent has a higher tier weapon
Eg
You holding iron sword and the opponent holding a steel sword

Also RESCUE staff seriously your best friend in a lot of situations in hard mode.
Especially in chapter 5 where it's crucial

Edit
Also Fred is a good partner early on as a pair partner that extra move and def is amazing
Just don't give Fred a weapon or just have him paired up to someone the entire time

Wilsongt

Oh God. I can't decide if I want to have Meribelle hit Lv 20 as a Troub and then reclass her as a Mage for more magic, and then resort to Lissa as my healer.

Or just get her to 20 and promote her.

She needs more magic and resistance.

Also, Ricken. WTF. Why do you have more -defense- than you do -resistance-? Get it together.

afekhl.knknknafd I hate reclassing. Just like I hated it in FE11.

Also, uh, where do you get money in this game? I started the game with 5000, and had to buy a heal staff for Lissa, but I haven't seen a dime come from anywhere.

Ri'Orius

EDIT: Or maybe I'm just missing something. Fred would be a great pair up partner for some people, but he one hit kills anything that he hits so even as a meatshield he's doing more damage than everybody else.

Take away Frederick's weapons. And yeah, pair him up with people: +4 Str, +4 Def, +1 Mov is totally awesome. (still take away his weapons so he can meat shield when necessary, and so he doesn't Dual Strike and eat up valuable XP)

Pair Up in general is awesome: use it a lot.

Oh God. I can't decide if I want to have Meribelle hit Lv 20 as a Troub and then reclass her as a Mage for more magic, and then resort to Lissa as my healer.

Or just get her to 20 and promote her.

She needs more magic and resistance.

Also, Ricken. WTF. Why do you have more -defense- than you do -resistance-? Get it together.

afekhl.knknknafd I hate reclassing. Just like I hated it in FE11.
Make Lisa your main healer since her magic makes the range of physic amazing plus rescue as well

Turn mariabell into a valk or if you want to grind turn her into a peg knight and grind to dark flier for gale force

MONEY is fairly scare in hard mode hence why the grinding is a bit more difficult
Use it or seals and sales and just to restock

Hylian7

So I've been playing Classic Hard, and at first I thought the open map would make things too easy like in Sacred Stones. Boy was I wrong. I'm on Chapter 5 now and tried to fight the free battles, as well as attempting the chapter. Holy shit those free battles give you a run for your money! All the units are 3-5 levels higher than the units in the chapter. One of the places I tried was Ferox Arena. Fuuuuuck that! Being surrounded right from the start gives you only one turn before you are completely overwhelmed! I have no idea how I'm going to get any EXP for Donnell!

This definitely ain't Sacred Stones difficulty, this is where it needs to be.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
So I've been playing Classic Hard, and at first I thought the open map would make things too easy like in Sacred Stones. Boy was I wrong. I'm on Chapter 5 now and tried to fight the free battles, as well as attempting the chapter. Holy shit those free battles give you a run for your money! All the units are 3-5 levels higher than the units in the chapter. One of the places I tried was Ferox Arena. Fuuuuuck that! Being surrounded right from the start gives you only one turn before you are completely overwhelmed! I have no idea how I'm going to get any EXP for Donnell!

This definitely ain't Sacred Stones difficulty, this is where it needs to be.

Pair Donnell up with a strong unit, it'll take a bit but he'll grow.

KarmaCow

Finally beat Paralogue 3 keeping all the villagers alive. Sumia/Chrom basically took out the entire left side of the map and Lon'qu/Sully took out the right side.

You can sell items?

Every location on the map not occupied by a fight has a store where you can buy, sell and boost weapons.

Hylian7

Also the music in this game is Kid Icarus Uprising levels of awesome. FE has always had good music, but this one just blows the rest of the series out of the water. One of my favorite tracks is the free battle music.

Jachaos

Any advice?

Pair Frederick with someone, and use Pair Up a lot as mentioned. Support is what will get you through Hard mode. Chrom has a skill that increases Dual Strike frequency (so if he's paired up with someone he'll jump in more often to deal some damage) and your Avatar has one where he gains more EXP if he's paired up with someone.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom