• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fire Emblem Awakening |OT2| PAL reinforcements

Yuuuup.

Help would be greatly appreciated.

edit: the model they use when they talk, as seen in that pic.

I can get an screenshot at the 3DS's native resolution (400 x 240). Would that be large enough?

Alternatively I have a photo, but the jewel case obstructs some of her.

Tenki

Ok, my Panne is at level 22. What is the best I can do with her? Stick as a Taguel until 30, reclass her into something else now, later...?

And Nowi too, but she's still at 16.

chaosblade

Unconfirmed Member
Ok, my Panne is at level 22. What is the best I can do with her? Stick as a Taguel until 30, reclass her into something else now, later...?

And Nowi too, but she's still at 16.

How much grinding are we talking?

If none, reclass to theif and promote to assassin, she's really good in that class and gives you another lockpicker and +1 movement.

With some grinding, Griffin Rider is worth hitting for Lancebreaker, since that helps nullify Beastkiller lances. Swordfaire is also decent for her since she has limited skill options. Still worth ending as an Assassin.

Somewhat similar with Nowi. Wyvern Lord for Swordbreaker since that helps out with Wyrmslayers, optionally Lancebreaker. Also Dark Knight for Lifetaker, then back to Manakete.

Tenki

How much grinding are we talking?

If none, reclass to theif and promote to assassin, she's really good in that class and gives you another lockpicker and +1 movement.

With some grinding, Griffin Rider is worth hitting for Lancebreaker, since that helps nullify Beastkiller lances. Swordfaire is also decent for her since she has limited skill options. Still worth ending as an Assassin.

Somewhat similar with Nowi. Wyvern Lord for Swordbreaker since that helps out with Wyrmslayers, optionally Lancebreaker. Also Dark Knight for Lifetaker, then back to Manakete.

I can do some grinding, but I don't want to do it too much :lol

I guess I'll reclass Panne to Thief and Nowi to Wyvern Lord. Should I reclass now or wait till 30?

chaosblade

Unconfirmed Member
I can do some grinding, but I don't want to do it too much :lol

I guess I'll reclass Panne to Thief and Nowi to Wyvern Lord. Should I reclass now or wait till 30?

I'd reclass Panne right away since you're going to a base class.

Nowi you could go either way, but if you reclass her before 30 you will have to go through Wyvern Rider before you hit Wyvern Lord. Neither of it's skills are all that great (+2 strength, and +10 hit when no allies are within 3 spaces). Reclassing now would be quicker though, especially if you promote at level 10-15 instead of 20. Whether or not that's a good idea just depends on how her stats are at that point.

McNum

My Lissa just hit War Cleric 15. Yay, Renewal. Now... she either goes Dark Flier to pass on Galeforce or she goes Sage to be an awesome Lissa. Or I go Dark Flier, run EXPonential Growth 15 times and have her go Sage while still only a C at best in tomes... and Galeforce.

Still only at chapter 20. I'd worry about breaking the game, but... Chrom is already very powerful, so is the Avatar and Sumia. So, I think it's a little late to worry about that now. Would also like Chrom at Paladin 15 so I can get him to Great Lord as he should be.

I can start doing promotions now, main crew is around 12-15. Should I hold out until 20 which I read somewhere or make a start now? My highest is the main dude who is on 18

chaosblade

Unconfirmed Member
My Lissa just hit War Cleric 15. Yay, Renewal. Now... she either goes Dark Flier to pass on Galeforce or she goes Sage to be an awesome Lissa. Or I go Dark Flier, run EXPonential Growth 15 times and have her go Sage while still only a C at best in tomes... and Galeforce.

Still only at chapter 20. I'd worry about breaking the game, but... Chrom is already very powerful, so is the Avatar and Sumia. So, I think it's a little late to worry about that now. Would also like Chrom at Paladin 15 so I can get him to Great Lord as he should be.

Dark Flier is very much a magic class, so Lissa should do well in it. Though she'll do better if you go through Sage first, since she'll go in with excellent magic and, presumably, the Tomefaire skill.

Sage is definitely a better "final" class for her though.

You can rescue grind through sage if money is not an issue and then hit Dark Flier, but that would undoubtedly break the game for you.

I can start doing promotions now, main crew is around 12-15. Should I hold out until 20 which I read somewhere or make start now? My highest is the main dude who is son 18

See here:

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=55762676&postcount=4055

But in general don't worry about doing things perfectly on your first playthrough. That's what replays are for.

McNum

Dark Flier is very much a magic class, so Lissa should do well in it. Though she'll do better if you go through Sage first, since she'll go in with excellent magic and, presumably, the Tomefaire skill.

Sage is definitely a better "final" class for her though.

You can rescue grind through sage if money is not an issue and then hit Dark Flier, but that would undoubtedly break the game for you.
Well, the big issue with going Dark Flier with her is she's the best Staff user I have. Probably the only one with an A rank. She's be quite the powerhouse offensively as Dark Flier, I'd imagine, which would be fun on its own, but the only one else with a staff is Sumia as a Falcon Knight. Accidents happen, and suddenly you need someone healed... Would be bad if i couldn't.

I don't suppose Rescue Staff spam will level up Staff quickly, too? Would really like someone else at Physic level...

I don't suppose Rescue Staff spam will level up Staff quickly, too? Would really like someone else at Physic level...

It would be the quickest and probably would be the only reliable way of actually gaining staff ranks once all your party is silly strong. Unless you got a bunch of arm scrolls to toss around.

Duster

I upgraded Donnel to a fighter and didn't have any weapons for him, after consulting the internet it seems I have to go and buy a bronze axe as the poor little lamb can't cope with anything better, I wish the game made that a little clearer.

Tenki

Nowi you could go either way, but if you reclass her before 30 you will have to go through Wyvern Rider before you hit Wyvern Lord. Neither of it's skills are all that great (+2 strength, and +10 hit when no allies are within 3 spaces). Reclassing now would be quicker though, especially if you promote at level 10-15 instead of 20. Whether or not that's a good idea just depends on how her stats are at that point.

Great. Thanks!

-Amon-

Just bought a 32gb sdcard, i'll buy this in the digital store the moment i'm at home.

This game just flew under my radar and thanks to a friend and neogaf i downloaded the demo, i really like what i saw.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone

Wyvern lord's swordbreaker isn't great now?

Draxal

Wyvern lord's swordbreaker isn't great now?

I think the breaker skills are kinda overrated, since the hardest dlc will have hawkeye (no attacks miss) and have different type of weapons so unless you're stocking breaker of every weapon type, they'll just switch weapons.

And he was ointing out missing the Wyvern Rider skills; not the wyvern lords.

The important breaker for Panne is lancebreaker as the big annoying weapon for her is the beastkiller lance.

blu

Wants the largest console games publisher to avoid Nintendo's platforms.
So let me be the next who says:

Fuck you, side story #17.

Tarps

It's the Marth DLC worth it? It's free at the moment but I'm not quite ready to get stuck in to this yet (it's next in the queue) Not sure how long it's going to be free for..

Chrom

It's the Marth DLC worth it? It's free at the moment but I'm not quite ready to get stuck in to this yet (it's next in the queue) Not sure how long it's going to be free for..

May 22nd. I wouldn't say it's all that great and there are (or will be) much better out there for the same price. If you can get it for free, go for it, though.

Tarps

Sweet, I'll leave it for now, I'd rather get into the game when I can dedicate more time to it. Baffles me why you can't access DLC without completing chunks of the campaign first.

McNum

Well, I was asked to tell if Virion x Olivia was a sweet pairing, and it is. Maybe a little one-note with him teaching her how to dance (Which one is the Dancer, again?), but it's sweet enough. Blushing Olivia is cute anyway.

Well, one more pairing down. Four to go. And Lissa x Henry is looking fun.

Sweet, I'll leave it for now, I'd rather get into the game when I can dedicate more time to it. Baffles me why you can't access DLC without completing chunks of the campaign first.

You only have to finish chapter 4. That's barely chunks of the campaign.

Well, I was asked to tell if Virion x Olivia was a sweet pairing, and it is. Maybe a little one-note with him teaching her how to dance (Which one is the Dancer, again?), but it's sweet enough. Blushing Olivia is cute anyway.

Well, one more pairing down. Four to go. And Lissa x Henry is looking fun.

You have completed my research, I have nothing to give you but my thanks and a support level I guess.
So Virion is also a delightful dancer, I should've known!

McNum

You have completed my research, I have nothing to give you but my thanks and a support level I guess.
So Virion is also a delightful dancer, I should've known!
The A support is actually the sweeter one. And with perhaps the best use of Virions "ALL HAIL ME!" voice clip.

How is Olivia's support with the Avatar, anyway? I'd guess it has something to do with building confidence...

chaosblade

Unconfirmed Member
The A support is actually the sweeter one. And with perhaps the best use of Virions "ALL HAIL ME!" voice clip.

How is Olivia's support with the Avatar, anyway? I'd guess it has something to do with building confidence...

Confidence? Well, not quite. But they build something. Literally.

And Virion is the master of everything, no surprise he's a good dancer.

Confidence? Well, not quite. But they build something. Literally.

And Virion is the master of everything, no surprise he's a good dancer.

Yup,
you build a magnificent theatre.....that fits in the palm of your hand, but my avatar will make her theatre dreams a reality.

I bet Virion brews a mean cup of tea.

GC|Simon

Just finished chapter 17 - the game is getting harder. Chrom is my only real killer right now. Though Virion and all three Pegasus girls are also quite good. But I really need to level-up. Therefore I bought all the DLC and holy fuck: This is not really pay to win, but it is pay to get fucking rich and level up in a few minutes.

Regarding marriages... I think I will mary Avatar to Tharja. Who are good fits for Anna and Lissa?

Moonlight

Banned
Regarding marriages... I think I will mary Avatar to Tharja. Who are good fits for Anna and Lissa?
Anna is a good fit for your avatar who also happens to be the only one that Anna can marry. You should think about this!

As for Lissa, well, I paired her with Gaius, and I quite liked the S-Rank event - although if you're talking about optimum pairs, I wouldn't recommend it. Gaius is one of the few male characters that can pass down Dark Rider.

chaosblade

Unconfirmed Member
Only the avatar can marry Anna.

And as for who is the best fit, personality wise it's just up to you based on the supports. If you are concerned about inheritance and stats, it's best to pair Lissa up with someone who is at least fairly competent with magic. Libra, Henry, Ricken, even Virion.

Draxal

Only the avatar can marry Anna.

And as for who is the best fit, personality wise it's just up to you based on the supports. If you are concerned about inheritance and stats, it's best to pair Lissa up with someone who is at least fairly competent with magic. Libra, Henry, Ricken, even Virion.

If you want to make your Owain a sage/dark mage.

But Owain is no fun when he doesn't get to have an inventory of forged swords with stupid names.

chaosblade

Unconfirmed Member
He's inherently gimped as a physical fighter due to his mom, so if you are concerned with stats you might as well take what you're given.

Besides, you can give him tomes with stupid names which halfway makes up for it. Especially in the case of Dark tomes.

Well, Anna only supports one male character...yeah she can only be a mother if the Avatar marries her...speaking of which that must mean Morgan doesn't bear the strong family resemblance of Anna...

Does this also mean Morgan (F) has the generic support with the mother rather than the father?

Draxal

He's inherently gimped as a physical fighter due to his mom, so if you are concerned with stats you might as well take what you're given.

Besides, you can give him tomes with stupid names which halfway makes up for it. Especially in the case of Dark tomes.

But nooo down swordhand :/.

I paied her with Frederick for the Seth/Eirika and my Owain while not ideal was still a good character.

Javier

Regarding marriages... I think I will mary Avatar to Tharja.
gu96XWm.jpg

Team Tharja FTW.

McNum

Oh, my. I am overleveled, and hilariously so. Ah, well, everyone makes mistakes on the first playthrough. Mine was overestimating the difficulty, I guess. Poor Walhart. That was just an embarrassing fight... He even got a free shot on Chrom and it still missed. Then Sumia killed him. Again. She was paired up with Chrom. Silver lance to the face! Found a solution to who will be backup healer, too. Anna can use staffs, she's C rank, good enough for Mend.

Sumia totally did a showoff move this fight, too. Sully was injured but out of range, but this enemy sage was in the middle... Fly, STAB!, Galeforce!, Fly, Heal! Good show.

Top Bottom