• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fire Emblem Awakening |OT2| PAL reinforcements

demidar

It always bothers me that Nowi bears children, considering she looks like a child even through the natural life of her husbands.

Armsthrift is excellent on Donnel, mine has an 80% to retain a weapon use.

McNum

Galeforce + Astra + Lifetaker + Lethality + Swordfaire on Olivia is brutal, particularly considering her crazy evasion and crit rates. I keep her as Assassin class though, dancing really doesn't have much point when you've got a load of units packing Galeforce anyway.
Lifetaker... interesting idea. Going to have to remember that. And if she can do that, so can Inigo.

demidar

Assume she goes to dragon form and lays eggs or something

That makes it even worse, makes her children sound like Alines. Also she's gotta get impregnated somehow, and probably not in dragon form if you know what I mean. These are the things that keep me up at night.

Lifetaker... interesting idea. Going to have to remember that. And if she can do that, so can Inigo.

My Tharja has it, pretty much making sure she will always live through a match. High magic, enough speed to double strike, high armour, mounted on a horse and a large health pool to get the most out of Lifetaker. Can't wait to pass it down.

Anteo

Alright.

So my MU is male, +Magic and -Res.

Who is his ideal pairing?

So far I know:

Donnel + Nowi/Tharjah

Chrom + Olivia

and have no idea about the rest

He should get together with a Mage like Miriel.
I'm going for the Character you recruit at Paralogue 22.

Lunatic has been pretty deadly in the early levels so far & I only used EXPonential Growth to get some of my fave units to a level wherer they can reclass in the future.

McNum

That makes it even worse, makes her children sound like Alines. Also she's gotta get impregnated somehow, and probably not in dragon form if you know what I mean. These are the things that keep me up at night.

My Tharja has it, pretty much making sure she will always live through a match. High magic, enough speed to double strike, high armour, mounted on a horse and a large health pool to get the most out of Lifetaker. Can't wait to pass it down.
Just do Nah's C support with her dad if you want to stay up another night. Methinks the father protests too much at her suggestion.

And yeah, I'm getting Lifetaker for Tharja, too. And Nowi. And Tiki. A Manakete with Lifetaker is just cruel. Two of them is just being nasty.

Olivia can't get Lifetaker as she can't access the Dark Knight class.
Yeah sorry, my bad, for some reason the Notepad doc I've been using to keep track of reclassing paths has Lifetaker under Olivia rather than Pass, which is what I actually have on her (to abuse Galeforce even further). She doesn't need any healing skills because she simply won't be getting hit, but if you are concerned Vantage is a good alternative to Pass for safety.

And to be honest it doesn't take long grinding if you have EXPonential Growth, I've gone for full custom skill sets like that on about 10 characters already. Lucina with Galeforce + Aegis + Pavise + Rightful King + Aether and Severa with Galeforce + Astra + Sol + Armsthrift + Lethality are the best two I've got, they are practically invincible.

demidar

Just do Nah's C support with her dad if you want to stay up another night. Methinks the father protests too much at her suggestion.

And yeah, I'm getting Lifetaker for Tharja, too. And Nowi. And Tiki. A Manakete with Lifetaker is just cruel. Two of them is just being nasty.

I've actually branched Nowi into Falcon Knight after she hit 30 on Manakete. Lots of armour and mobility but lack of damage due to having an E rank in axes. I do have a couple of Arms Manuals though, maybe I'll use them.

McNum

I've actually branched Nowi into Falcon Knight after she hit 30 on Manakete. Lots of armour and mobility but lack of damage due to having an E rank in axes. I do have a couple of Arms Manuals though, maybe I'll use them.
Manaketes like Swordbreaker from Wyvern Lord. Since there are two anti dragon weapons in the game. The common Wyrmslayer and the pretty rare Book of Naga spell. +50% avoid against Wyrmspalyers? That's nice. Just watch out for that spell.

Swordbreaker and Lifetaker are good on a Manakete, basically. Nah and a potential Manakete Morgan have more options, of course.

Hmm...I would say either Lissa or Maribelle for Robin.

Oh and Miriel too.

He should get together with a Mage like Miriel.
I'm going for the Character you recruit at Paralogue 22.

That's two votes for Miriel. What skills do I want on their kid anyway? I reclassed Robin to a Dark Mage but it is super early game and I don't mind restarting if it would be better to change his class.

demidar

Manaketes like Swordbreaker from Wyvern Lord. Since there are two anti dragon weapons in the game. The common Wyrmslayer and the pretty rare Book of Naga spell. +50% avoid against Wyrmspalyers? That's nice. Just watch out for that spell.

Swordbreaker and Lifetaker are good on a Manakete, basically. Nah and a potential Manakete Morgan have more options, of course.

Wyvern Lords get Swordbreaker? Shiiiiit I should've went that instead.

Oh well.

ffdgh

That's two votes for Miriel. What skills do I want on their kid anyway? I reclassed Robin to a Dark Mage but it is super early game and I don't mind restarting if it would be better to change his class.

Hmm giving it a second thought, Miriel sadly lacks access to Galeforce unlike Lissa and Maribelle...If you're not into making the best possible kids don't worry about it.

Anyway Robin is fine. For Miriel, pass down Dual support+ from Valkyrie.

Draxal

For maximum amount of kids with gale force Tharja Is by far the best choice

Anteo

I didn't imply you to actually marry Miriel, but look out for a mage like Miriel. In the end, avatar with Miriel is a waste because you won't pass down galeforce, while if you pair up with Tharja then you can pass it down. If you don't care about that, go for Miriel.

About Maribelle, she can pass down Galeforce on her own, so no need for help from the avatar.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Yeah but leveling gets harder the more you switch. My MU with -Mag as a Sorcerer can attest to that. Once he gets to 10 he's getting out, got my Vengeance.

You don't really need vengeance as a sorcerer. That's just overkill. :p

Edit: oh wait, confused vengeance with lethality. Bah.

Anteo

When is it okay to reclass at level 10? Or should I always wait until 15 or 20 to reclass?

Depends. When going from Base>Promoted the first time, better to go to level 20 first.

When going from Promoted>Diferent Promoted, level 15 if you want to get the second promoted skill, otherwise level 10.

demidar

You don't really need vengeance as a sorcerer. That's just overkill. :p

Good, overkill is what I'm going for.

If it wasn't for my library full of ancient magic tomes I wouldn't be doing any damage.

E: Saw your edit, nvm. Still, thinking about getting Sol next.

Still going to go by whim primarily, but reading some more here and there it seems wise for me to switch Maribelle away from Mage to rebuild towards getting Galeforce. Married her without this in consideration, so this essentially ends up as a nice bonus I should make use of.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Good, overkill is what I'm going for.

If it wasn't for my library full of ancient magic tomes I wouldn't be doing any damage.

E: Saw your edit, nvm. Still, thinking about getting Sol next.

To be honest I barely have any use of vengeance as well. Most of the time I'm not taking enough damage for it to matter.

Wilsongt

0_0

That must have taken a lot of grinding.

Anyway who would you guys recommend I pair Donnel with? Sully?

Panne. On top of Taguel stats, Yarne gets Donny's Aptitude making his stats even more outrageous.

Paring up MU and Cherche on my second run. Gonna miss Astra Gerome, but he is beastly enough as is.

CushVA

Got the game the other day. Pretty much play in 2D, but the snow FX at the start of Chapter 3 were pretty impressive in 3d

I'm sure its been addressed, but what DLC should I go for?

Pau

Got the game the other day. Pretty much play in 2D, but the snow FX at the start of Chapter 3 were pretty impressive in 3d

I'm sure its been addressed, but what DLC should I go for?
EXPonential Growth if you want to have somewhere you can safely and quickly grind the kids and for skills.

Panne. On top of Taguel stats, Yarne gets Donny's Aptitude making his stats even more outrageous.

Cool. I did Panne/Donnell for fun (dude is challenged to set actual traps to snare his lagomorphic future wife lol). Out of thread now and back to just going with the flow in the game.

ffdgh

Vengeance procs too freaking much and barely does anything. It's more annoying than useful with battle animations on.

Dat skill times 2 activation.

And the fact it's the skill most likely to activate.

Lethality > Aether > Astra > Sol > Luna > Ignis > Vengeance

demidar

Vengeance is still good btw, but it's ideally combined with Vantage; as the ultimate oh shit I'm going to die moment.

Usually if one of my units is brought below half health they're gonna die anyway. Too many mages and flying units. CPU loves to dogpile.

ohlawd

Giving Donnel to Nowi or Tharja with optimization in mind? You guys just pulled my leg off and started doing some nasty crap with it lols

Draxal

Usually if one of my units is brought below half health they're gonna die anyway. Too many mages and flying units. CPU loves to dogpile.

That's where Nosferatu/Aversa's Night comes in for Sorcerors; they're considered the best tanks for that reason.

demidar

That's where Nosferatu/Aversa's Night comes in for Sorcerors; they're considered the best tanks for that reason.

I agree, shame only two classes can use dark magic. I made the mistake thinking a Dark Knight could use dark magic. Though I've gotten to the point where lots of units have lots of Res, with Res Rally units to back them up.

Draxal

Giving Donnel to Nowi or Tharja with optimization in mind? You guys just pulled my leg off and started doing some nasty crap with it lols

It's Armsthrift/sol (hi forged Aversa's Night) + and Galeforce access; he's one of two that can pass both armsthrift and Galeforce (Gaius can pass down sol).

Top Bottom