• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fire Emblem Awakening |OT2| PAL reinforcements

RiggyRob

You can scroll through your characters to see what they have in their inventories, but I dont think you cant check your convoy in the store.

You can - go to sell, then go to convoy, and you'll be able to see all of the weapons that are not currently equipped by anyone so that you can sell them. You have to check each person individually if you want to check equipped weapons though.

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
Why is the game spawning skirmishes with enemies 3 levels higher than my highest leveled dudes with next-level spells I've never seen before? Give a guy a break. I guess I'll just play the story and let the Risen fuck everything else up.

McNum

Why is the game spawning skirmishes with enemies 3 levels higher than my highest leveled dudes with next-level spells I've never seen before? Give a guy a break. I guess I'll just play the story and let the Risen fuck everything else up.
Rule of thumb is that Risen are the level of the enemies of the chapter they spawned on +2-5. So Risen that spawn on the Prologue chapter will always be pushovers, but those that spawn on chapters you have just beaten will be a tough fight unless you are overleveled.

HIR0

Just a question regarding the free DLC.
If I download the Wellspring of Truth for one file but I want to start a new game, do I have to redownload it in the new file? Or is the DLC/missions available or accessable from there on?

So SSB Wii U has some new fire emblem mixes available from the start:
Mystery of the Emblem medley
Meeting theme series medley
FE4 and FE5 music at last
There is also a Colosseum medley (so in other words a battle theme medley and the FE5 arena) and a shadow dragon medley.
Edit: Why did I think this was the FE community thread....too early in the morning...

Just a question regarding the free DLC.
If I download the Wellspring of Truth for one file but I want to start a new game, do I have to redownload it in the new file? Or is the DLC/missions available or accessable from there on?
DLC is accessible for all save files. Just remember you need to reach the point in the story where the portal unlocks first

-Horizon-

Every time I forget and go google the Fire Emblem Awakening soundtrack, I get depressed looking at those darn prices (~$300+ on Amazon) and then regretting that I missed the boat on a good album :(

Erior

Neo Member
3Vvpwwu.png

Well, can't complain about how my child units turn out to be. Not full eugenics mode, so I can't complain.

Erior

Neo Member
I know, but I got a bit bored out of grinding Dark Fliers, and prefered other supports and hair colors. That's why I can't complain.

Zareka

Some questions about the DLC for this game.

Is it recommended to play the numbered DLCs in order? For example, if I only want the Limit Break skill from one of the DLCs, will I be lost while playing it since I didn't play the previous 2? Sorry for the vagueness but I'm having trouble remembering the names etc. of the DLCs.

Second, are there any recommended DLCs e.g. ones that come with new stories etc?

Thanks!

TWILT

Banned
Some questions about the DLC for this game.

Is it recommended to play the numbered DLCs in order? For example, if I only want the Limit Break skill from one of the DLCs, will I be lost while playing it since I didn't play the previous 2? Sorry for the vagueness but I'm having trouble remembering the names etc. of the DLCs.

Second, are there any recommended DLCs e.g. ones that come with new stories etc?

Thanks!
1. You just need Rogues & Redeemers 3 if you only want the Limit Breaker skill. You shouldn't get lost or anything since the previous two aren't required for Limit Breaker.

2. My favorite DLC is by far the Future Past set. Pretty neat "what if" story and has a very nice ending.

Zareka

1. You just need Rogues & Redeemers 3 if you only want the Limit Breaker skill. You shouldn't get lost or anything since the previous two aren't required for Limit Breaker.

2. My favorite DLC is by far the Future Past set. Pretty neat "what if" story and has a very nice ending.
Thank you very much. I'll look in to the Future Past DLCs once I can afford 'em all. :p

I'm just getting back into FE:A after a leave of absence, finally looking to beat it after getting distracted a few times. Could anyone remind me of the recommended level thresholds for reclassing? I knew this once upon a time but seem to have forgotten it all.

RiggyRob

I'm just getting back into FE:A after a leave of absence, finally looking to beat it after getting distracted a few times. Could anyone remind me of the recommended level thresholds for reclassing? I knew this once upon a time but seem to have forgotten it all.

Level 10 for base units (skills learnt at 1 and 10), level 15 for Villager, Manakete and Taguel (skills learnt at 1 and 15), level 15 for promoted units (skills learnt at 5 and 15).

MarkusRJR

I am in the mood for a good RPG, should I get this game, Fantasy Life, or Bravely Default. The only Fire Emblem game I've played is Radiant Dawn, which I thought was pretty good.

McNum

What's the cheat dlc?
EXP-onential Growth, The Golden Gaffe, and Infinite Regalia.

If I remember right, there's a pack with all three. You can probably guess which one does what. You get an infinitely replayable map with either high EXP enemies, enemies who drop a ton of Gold, or an actual difficult map with a set of treasure chests that house legendary weapons.

Velcro Fly

With the new FE announced it's time to replay this and beat all the extra chapters

Not sure what to do with pairings and stuff.

Kinda want to grind to make children as good as possible though. Sort of like a group that can do any map in the game.

Also might buy some DLC.

Feel like a game like this deserves more than one playthrough.

NeonZ

Katarina's main point seems to be Rallies. She has Rally Strength, a male exclusive skill, and no other female spotpass character has that, (and she also starts with Rally Speed, Magic and Spectrum too). So, she's pretty great for a Rally focused character, if you don't have any 2nd generation kids built for that.

What about the reward for beating it? Katarina herself? Is she worth the effort to get?

The reward is basically bragging rights.

If you beat the hard route, you get a Supreme Emblem, which is basically a trophy, so kinda worthless.

Or if you do the regular route, you get Katarina, who's a great Rally-bot and sort of useful for the hard route. Besides that, you won't really need her.

Draxal

Katarina's main point seems to be Rallies. She has Rally Strength, a male exclusive skill, and no other female spotpass character has that, (and she also starts with Rally Speed, Magic and Spectrum too). So, she's pretty great for a Rally focused character, if you don't have any 2nd generation kids built for that.

She's one of only three characters that can get all rallies (Fem Morgan and a sister can get it as well).

Chris R

Only on chapter six but I hope someone can answer some questions for me.

Can I ever tell if/when a fort will get reenforced by the enemy? Or do I just park a unit on the fort for the remainder of the battle?

Also how can I tell when a nearby unit will assist with an attack of their own?

A Human Becoming

More than a Member
Ugh, I really dislike that you cannot freely by Shocksticks and Bolt Axes like with the Levin Sword. It's nice to equip those to mainly magic users (like Lissa, Maribelle and Brady).

prateeko

So I picked this back up again in since since i new my new 3DS XL and immediately got my ass handed to me. It's been a while so I forgot a lot of the tactics that served me well before (was in about 5 chapters). Any quick pointers or links to a helpful post so I can save a little time and catch up on tips and tricks?

Pyrokai

Just started playing this. This is my very first Fire Emblem game and it's pretty overwhelming. This might be the most complex game I've ever played. I have so many questions I don't even know where to begin. I'm currently on chapter 6, playing on casual and the easiest mode.

Any handy guides out there for n00bs?

So I picked this back up again in since since i new my new 3DS XL and immediately got my ass handed to me. It's been a while so I forgot a lot of the tactics that served me well before (was in about 5 chapters). Any quick pointers or links to a helpful post so I can save a little time and catch up on tips and tricks?

Just started playing this. This is my very first Fire Emblem game and it's pretty overwhelming. This might be the most complex game I've ever played. I have so many questions I don't even know where to begin. I'm currently on chapter 6, playing on casual and the easiest mode.

Any handy guides out there for n00bs?

IGN has a decent guide. Footage is from Chapter 5.

There is some good information here.

Lumination

'enry 'ollins
How is Awakening DLC from a value perspective?

I'm hankering for an FE, but don't have easy access to any of the games that I haven't already played. I beat Awakening and did all the optional non-DLC stuff. If I bought all of it, would the content be close to a standard FE playthrough worth of content?

I'm hankering for an FE, but don't have easy access to any of the games that I haven't already played. I beat Awakening and did all the optional non-DLC stuff. If I bought all of it, would the content be close to a standard FE playthrough worth of content?

most of the DLC isn't really worth it, and it definitely is no substitute for a regular FE playthrough

I liked the Summer/Hotspring stuff for the conversations. Other than that, there's the challenge maps if you want to put your grinded out team of children units to the test.

From what I've read of Fire Emblem if, its third DLC path may be a full campaign like the Hoshido and Nohr paths. Although I don't know if it's stated for sure to be as long as them.

Busaiku

The only ones that have any real story is The Future Past.
Outside of those, the Scrambles are fun and Apotheosis is pretty crazy, but everything is 100% fanservice, with little substance besides those. There are the 2 classes through DLC though.

NeonZ

There's technically an overall story for the first 12 DLC maps, but it's basically just an excuse to keep fighting the same people over and over again. It's so barebones that even Awakening's main plot looks good in comparison. Each map is also reused thrice there... The skill in the last map (Rogues and Redeemers 3) is pretty much necessary for the hardest DLC though, unless you go with some very specific builds. There are also two new classes there in Lost Bloodlines 2 and Smash Brethren 2. Lost Bloodlines 3 has the Paragon skill, which makes leveling up much faster too. There are also the 3 grinding maps (money, exp, legendary weapons). At the very least, the money one is pretty much necessary for later DLC since otherwise you'll waste a lot of time getting that.

The Scramble maps are mostly for extra conversations with your actual party members and easy support grinding for your party. There's also a set of 3 challenge maps (Death’s Embrace, Five-Anna Firefight, Roster Rescue) which have unique map gimmicks to them and also require high level characers. The Future Past 1-3 have an actual story arc and also a great ending sequence in the third map if you can accomplish the objective of each map. Apotheosis is the hardest map in the game and has two paths of battles.

I just picked this game up finally after a long break, I barely played at launch I got up to chapter 5.

I have a quick enquiry about Spot Pass content, I should just receive everything right? I activated everything...except for one thing which is kind of scary, the phantom teams.

It says to summon them to my world, does that mean I need to fight them to acquire them?

I don't even know the recruit limit, I should not activate most of these until later in the game...right?

Bought it a few weeks ago and I'm not liking it anywhere as much as Devil Survivor. The shit setting and the shit characters really drag it down for me.

NeonZ

I just picked this game up finally after a long break, I barely played at launch I got up to chapter 5.

I have a quick enquiry about Spot Pass content, I should just receive everything right? I activated everything...except for one thing which is kind of scary, the phantom teams.

It says to summon them to my world, does that mean I need to fight them to acquire them?

I don't even know the recruit limit, I should not activate most of these until later in the game...right?

You can use up to 20 "extra" characters, add more and then it asks you to replace one of them. Anyway, you can just dismiss them from the map without a battle, or hire them for money rather than defeating them in battle.

Their levels are very varied, some have low levels so you could use them right alongside the early game without changing your experience much, while the higher level ones (like most lords and main villains) basically break the main campaign if gotten early. They don't have supports, but can change to any standard class using 2nd seals and come with one extra skill by default.

Squire

Banned
Just got a n3DS XL on Saturday with this game. Haven't owned a Ninty handheld in years. I really dislike the account stuff, but I'm tired of missing out on seemingly very good games, especially when many friends are playing them.

I like be this game. I'm not new to FE (I've played Sacred Stones and Path of Radiance), but I've be er been into the games like this. This one really eases you into the game. The same depth is there and the presentation is off the charts now. The cutscenes and music are great, I love a kozaki' character designs, and I'm really getting a kick out of the supports

This game is aces. I'm on Chapter 9, I think. I've done the first three Paralogues as well, and I've been playing for a little more than 10 hours.

McNum

Always fun to hear new impressions. I kind of have that itch to replay it, but I'd have to delete a save file to do it.

Oh, this is a small spoiler, but one you probably need to know right about now. It's related to a certain character and his support levels.
Which female character, other than Lissa, does Chrom have the highest support level with? That character will get bumped to S rank automatically soon. So if your avatar is female and don't want to marry Chrom, watch out.

Other than that, Awakening really is pretty straightforward, especially if you don't try to min/max it. Then... it's not so straightforward.

Squire

Banned
Always fun to hear new impressions. I kind of have that itch to replay it, but I'd have to delete a save file to do it.

Oh, this is a small spoiler, but one you probably need to know right about now. It's related to a certain character and his support levels.
Which female character, other than Lissa, does Chrom have the highest support level with? That character will get bumped to S rank automatically soon. So if your avatar is female and don't want to marry Chrom, watch out.

Other than that, Awakening really is pretty straightforward, especially if you don't try to min/max it. Then... it's not so straightforward.

Oh, thank you for the tip! Highest is Sumia right now and that's how I want it, so I'm in the clear.

Bought the game a long while ago and just started playing it... and wow is it a ride. Storywise, I'm up to... Chapter 18 I believe, which in story would be right smack after
Basilio fights Walhart and orders Flavia to run

Only child characters I've recruited are Lucina, Yarne and Morgan. I wasn't really paying attention to stats since this is my first run through, but it's really... involved.

I know I missed out on two party members already (mostly because I didn't even realize you had to talk to Kellam with Chrom until waaaaay after, and Gaius killed himself by attacking Lon'qu).

Right now I'm just grinding off the DLC dungeons (specifically EXPonential Growth) so that all the girls (who can) can get Galeforce. My avatar (Athen) is maxed out and a Dark Knight with Ignis, Tomefaire, Lifetaker, Rally Spectrum and Dual Guard+.

(And I'm playing on Normal w/Casual. I didn't want to experience perma death on my first playthrough because of me being a dumbass... especially because this is my first FE game).

NeonZ

If you grind to get skills while playing on normal the main story enemies won't even be able to scratch you...

McNum

If you grind to get skills while playing on normal the main story enemies won't even be able to scratch you...
Yeah, he might take out the final boss in one or two hits like that. I mean I did. It's kind of hard not to be powerful in Awakening, really. But if you actually grind for it, then it just becomes sad for the enemy.

EDIT: If I were to restart, I'd want a game where the Avatar does NOT become superpowerful and able to solo the game. I remember trying this before with an archer avatar, and he still cleaned house. I wonder... what else could I possibly do? Do I really need to make an Avatar Priest?

Well, that's true. None of the enemies can scratch most of my units (Lucina isn't even maxed yet and she can clear a map by herself). But again, I didn't know. I'll go for Hard on my next playthrough (wanna try using a female Robin this time). I also didn't know about reclassing at 10 (15) was recommended. I kept going to 20 (30) before reclassing.

(That said, Donnel as a Dread Fighter is amazing).

Squire

Banned
Well, that's true. None of the enemies can scratch most of my units (Lucina isn't even maxed yet and she can clear a map by herself). But again, I didn't know. I'll go for Hard on my next playthrough (wanna try using a female Robin this time). I also didn't know about reclassing at 10 (15) was recommended. I kept going to 20 (30) before reclassing.

(That said, Donnel as a Dread Fighter is amazing).

What can I do to strengthen Donny in my game? MU got him, but didn't really use him. He's by far the weakest link in the group when the team average is probably 12 now. I want to pair him with Nowi (she's Lv. 4), but even in that pairing, she would be lead. His hits barely scratch and he can't take a hit himself. I feel like I may have to just leave him behind. ;_;

Top Bottom