• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fire Emblem Awakening |OT2| PAL reinforcements

Just found this fan-art on DA

That one and this from awhile ago

DE5M2jv.jpg

are some of the best fanart I've seen of FE:A

Besides the one with slime girl Tharja

Tempy

don't ask me for codes
Currently on Chapter 14. My Sumia is a monster tank (General) who hops cutely when Olivia dances for her. My Lissa is also surprisingly capable as a Battle Cleric after reclassing her to Troubadour. Just got Henry and he's hilarious.

I really need more Second Seals though.

McNum

Why do I get the feeling the game is mocking me?

I tried The Golden Gaffe, and I didn't quite get all the enemies. So what does the game say after the level?
"Retry the level and don't louse it up this time, ya daft arse!"
Ouch. Also, very meta. Speaking of meta, several Annas spawned as I got back to the map. Hmm...

That one and this from awhile ago

are some of the best fanart I've seen of FE:A

Besides the one with slime girl Tharja

Always like seeing other people's pairings in art.

Why do I get the feeling the game is mocking me?

I tried The Golden Gaffe, and I didn't quite get all the enemies. So what does the game say after the level?
"Retry the level and don't louse it up this time, ya daft arse!"
Ouch. Also, very meta. Speaking of meta, several Annas spawned as I got back to the map. Hmm...

I feel like the game always says that even if you did get everyone. It's basically telling you that you can always redo the level as many times as you want.

Finished the game on Hard some moments ago. I greatly enjoyed the game in pretty much every way; and in some ways even more than I expected. I'm not yet sure how I'd rank it against the other games in the series, but it's up there somewhere. Absolutely wonderful.

Nohar

*changes his avatar - this is just too cute*

... Sooo... Any ideas who I should bre-- marry Nowi with? With fun but not too squicky dialogues?

Santiako

*changes his avatar - this is just too cute*

... Sooo... Any ideas who I should bre-- marry Nowi with? With fun but not too squicky dialogues?

I paired her with Donny, they seemed like the most logical pair (both kids -ok, she's not technically a kid, but still)

McNum

Phew, had a near-miss for Cherche this chapter. And then Lissa did a diving save. You know you're in trouble when the healer jumps in front of you. Lissa also took a hit, I guess I was a little sloppy, but when a unit is down to single digit HP, you more or less have to take the chance and bring out the staff user of the pair and hope Chrom can intercept incoming fire... He couldn't. -20 HP to Lissa. Ouch.

Also, either I'm overleveled, or
Walhart
is overrated in the story. Sumia got the kill in chapter 19. Wasn't even trying to kill him, just chip him a little, spread the EXP. Hope I get a rematch, I want to have Chrom fight him, too.

Nohar

I just realized that Miriel, in my current playthrough, nearly had a perfect speed leveling streak: she has 19 Speed at level 14. And boy is she awesome.

@McNum: Have Chrom fight him. They have unique battle conversations.

Running through the game again but dialled back down to normal difficulty is quite the relief I can say that much, it's pretty easy, like Sacred Stones level i'd say but i'd have been fine with this difficulty for my first file if only because of those dastardly instant moving reinforcements.
Now I can actually keep the men alive this time around and there will be couples for all!
I'm taking this opportunity to use units that either perished last time or those I just didn't use, I was right to believe that i'd like Virion, what a guy.
I think they did a great job with character dialogue in this entry, now i've got to make sure Chrom doesn't get forcefully married off to Sumia again, all aboard Maribelle's steed, the destination is upper class romance. Why Chrom has such limited marriage options though i'll never know.

Sadist

I should have started on hard classic. On normal this game is a breeze. I'm at chapter 24 now and man, I'm steamrolling everything. In chapter 19 when facing
Wallhart
it took me two(!) turns to reach and destroy him. Sumia killed him with one critical attack even with Chrom backing her up. Crazy. The Chrom x Sumia combo has been amazing through out the game. Another favourite combo of mine is the Lon'qu x Cherche. The first never misses.

Haven't used the kid characters at this point, at all btw. I've been grinding/promoting all the "parent characters" and they haven't let me down at this point. I still haven't used my Miriel x Frederick or my Gregor x Cordelia combo. They seem to work pretty well.

McNum

Well. That's the most important pairing down. Avatar+Tiki. Do all the avatar pairings have a little voiced cutscene like that? If they do, then good luck to anyone trying to get all supports.

Now for the important part. The Avatar is a man of nearly every Skill. Tiki has the standard Manakete/Mage/Wyvern Rider set. What skill should they each pass down to female Manakete Morgan? The Avatar is nearing Hero 10, so a reclass to pretty much every advanced class is possible. Right now, his best skill is Sol, which wouldn't be bad on a Manakete, I don't see how going for Axefaire would benefit Morgan, at least. The plan is to go to Swordmaster next for Swordfaire and Astra, but that's a long detour and EXP is getting slow. Might just go to Grandmaster and finish the game like that. Tiki is nearing level 30, so I might reclass her into something, too. Dark Knight could be an option.

Rally Spectum could also be interesting. Morgan would make a funny dragon rally bot like that, but she can get it on her own, too.

CSX

Well. That's the most important pairing down. Avatar+Tiki. Do all the avatar pairings have a little voiced cutscene like that? If they do, then good luck to anyone trying to get all supports.

Now for the important part. The Avatar is a man of nearly every Skill. Tiki has the standard Manakete/Mage/Wyvern Rider set. What skill should they each pass down to female Manakete Morgan? The Avatar is nearing Hero 10, so a reclass to pretty much every advanced class is possible. Right now, his best skill is Sol, which wouldn't be bad on a Manakete, I don't see how going for Axefaire would benefit Morgan, at least. The plan is to go to Swordmaster next for Swordfaire and Astra, but that's a long detour and EXP is getting slow. Might just go to Grandmaster and finish the game like that. Tiki is nearing level 30, so I might reclass her into something, too. Dark Knight could be an option.

Rally Spectum could also be interesting. Morgan would make a funny dragon rally bot like that, but she can get it on her own, too.

Every pairing has a voiced cutscene. And if you are planning to make morgan a rally bot, pass down Rally Strength since she can't be a warrior

Getting all the supports CGs isn't that hard. Just takes time to reach the support levels and another save slot to save it and then you just go back to the other save slot to get another one.

Then you do it again for the other gender.

Now getting the parent/child supports takes even more time. Toss in the potential siblings and that's a lot of grinding to do.

McNum

Every pairing has a voiced cutscene. And if you are planning to make morgan a rally bot, pass down Rally Strength since she can't be a warrior
Right, forgot that one was gender locked. Hmm, will have to wonder a bit about that. At least it's only a level 5 skill.

Also, silly little bit of trivia: If you get Galeforce on the player phase by killing an opponent and getting to level 15, it will trigger on that turn.

Question about Galeforce: If Sumia starts the fight, but it's Chrom getting the killing blow on an assist, will it still trigger?

CSX

Right, forgot that one was gender locked. Hmm, will have to wonder a bit about that. At least it's only a level 5 skill.

Also, silly little bit of trivia: If you get Galeforce on the player phase by killing an opponent and getting to level 15, it will trigger on that turn.

Question about Galeforce: If Sumia starts the fight, but it's Chrom getting the killing blow on an assist, will it still trigger?

Galeforce will always activate as long as the lead unit has it.

So if Chrom had galeforce, what you could do is Sumia attacks -> galeforced -> move to next enemy -> switch to chrom as lead -> attack -> galeforced

McNum

Galeforce will always activate as long as the lead unit has it.

So if Chrom had galeforce, what you could do is Sumia attacks -> galeforced -> move to next enemy -> switch to chrom as lead -> attack -> galeforced
Heh, I've been leveling up Sumia by having Chrom act as support. Sumia hits for 7 damage, Chrom follows up with 20. I've reclassed her into Falcon Knight now. Lancefaire, here she comes. That will even out the score, I hope.

Edit: I don't think Chrom can get Galeforce, can he?

CSX

Heh, I've been leveling up Sumia by having Chrom act as support. Sumia hits for 7 damage, Chrom follows up with 20. I've reclassed her into Falcon Knight now. Lancefaire, here she comes. That will even out the score, I hope.

he cant. that was an what if scenario :p

Kenai

Nah, it's a Dark Flier skill, so any male needs a mother who passes it down to them to acquire it.

McNum

he cant. that was an what if scenario :p
I know, I was just being deliberately obtuse. It's fun.

So, let me just verify how the Sumia/Chrom pairing should work now.

My turn: Move pair to enemy, Sumia leads the attack. Since she's hella fast, it'll be a double attack, with Chrom having a good 86% chance of following up. There isn't a lot of enemies that can stand up to four attacks like that. Doesn't matter who gets the kill, Galeforce!

Still my turn: Pair moves to next enemy, Chrom leads the attack. Four strikes. Turn ends for them, Chrom is up front in case of archers. Alternatively, Sumia rushes out of there to heal someone as she's a Falcon Knight now and can do that.

Well, Sumia just became a lot more awesome. I can see why this skill is popular. Makes a character versatile. I'd probably prefer it on a character that can do something other than attack as well. More options.

Also, I'm beginning to see Brave Weapons drop... If Sumia gets four attacks with a Brave Lance, how many follow up chances does Chrom get?

Turok_TTZ

Nothing funnier than using nothing but brave weapons. I actually had a fight with a general unit on one of the later chapters of the game with a paired Lon'qu and Cordelia and that punk finally died at the 6th attack. Brave weapons be hilariously relentless when given to speedy units.

Anteo

It's even more fun if you have brave weapons on both and outspeed the enemy. 4 attacks with 80% chance of 2 attacks per attack for a max of 8 support attacks. Who can survive all that?

Turok_TTZ

Now lets add a rally spectrum,strength,skill,love,speed into the mix with astra :D

If you can't outspeed the final boss without rally your doing it wrong. though yeah lol.
also consider luna instead of astra since final boss
got pavise on lunatic with an 80% chance of activating due to rightful god skill

Unai

I played thought it two times, now I want to optimeze things better and also play the DLC. I assuming that galeforce and armsthrift are the two MUST HAVE skills, right? (if my character can learn or inherent one of them, that is).

Draxal

I played thought it two times, now I want to optimeze things better and also play the DLC. I assuming that galeforce and armsthrift are the two MUST HAVE skills, right? (if my character can learn or inherent one of them, that is).

Galeforce/Sol (armsthrift is gooooood but Sol is better most of the time except in the case of Dark Mages).

ffdgh

Armsthrift forged glass weapons and Aversa's night are fun to use...which raises the question as to have glass can be forged.
KuGsj.gif

MicH

Thought I screwed myself over with completing a support conversation between Chrom and Sumia, as I wanted Chrom to marry Olivia. Thank god I could marry her to my Avatar (as intended) before chapter 11. I thought you couldn't marry until then (no idea why), so this was good to see.

Got Donnel to level 15, now I just need a Second Seal. Everything is going as planned!

Top Bottom