• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fire Emblem Awakening |OT2| PAL reinforcements

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
yes and it is not really fun. just did chapter 18 and 19 in 2 minutes each by spamming A and start ... yawn.
Huh, I feared as much. That's pretty much endgame hard for me, and it seems like you can do it much earlier in lunatic.

I really like this game, but I really hope for the next installment that they will focus more on the difficulty balance.

Realyn

Huh, I feared as much. That's pretty much endgame hard for me, and it seems like you can do it much earlier in lunatic.

I really like this game, but I really hope for the next installment that they will focus more on the difficulty balance.
Trying to level 5 pairs of 2 outside of dlc simply slows you down by a factor of 10 or so duo to all the restarts.

Oxx

So, if I start an S rank support between a male and female character they get married, but if I don't like the match I can just ignore it?

Hopefully getting my copy somewhere this week (when my store gets some new copies in, sigh.)

Been thinking about going Hard/Classic on my first playthrough, although I never played a Fire Emblem. Should I?

Sendou

Hopefully getting my copy somewhere this week (when my store gets some new copies in, sigh.)

Been thinking about going Hard/Classic on my first playthrough, although I never played a Fire Emblem. Should I?

If you like hard games then maybe. You have to be prepared to learn from your mistakes then.

Z

ZombieFred

Unconfirmed Member
I am going to do another play through soon but going on Hard classic (did this on normal) and this time pick up Tharja, since she was the only character I missed in my first run. I aim to do the DLC too and get all my characters grinded and build every relationship so all my units will kick ass. Is hard challenging?

Sendou

I am going to do another play through soon but going on Hard classic (did this on normal) and this time pick up Tharja, since she was the only character I missed in my first run. I aim to do the DLC too and get all my characters grinded and build every relationship so all my units will kick ass. Is hard challenging?

It can be. The crucial thing is the amount you spend outside of story missions (grinding basically). The more you do that the easier the game naturally becomes. Basically you can make the game really easy or really hard.

Jintor

Tharja is amazing but I ultimately decided to marry MC off to Lissa. Although maybe I should have done the weird thing and married him to Lucinia

Jintor

I very nearly went Mirabelle x Chrom.

I wish Lucia was more interesting than just Dojikko Flying-horse-chan or whatever the hell her 'quirk' is.

Sendou

What's everyone's favourite map type btw?

I can't help but be extremely fond of any map that takes place inside a building or fortress myself.

I dislike every map that divides your team to uneven groups. Makes supporting so much harder.

The way I see it, either Sumia marries Chrom or spends her life plotting the murder of the woman who did.

There's also a more... permanent solution available for Sumia.

Nohar

Gaius x (F)MU C support conversation was rather fun. Darn, if I didn't already marry her to Chrom, I certainly would have changed my mind and marry her with Gaius instead.

I'm still unsure about when I should use Change Seals... It seems the more I wait, the less experience gains will become*. When do you use your Change Seals?

*Aoutch, that doesn't sound english at all... I can't remember for the life of me how to phrase that sentence.

C.T.

I need some advice. Promoted Chrom to great lord but before getting rifhtful king changed class to paladin and got aegis. If I go back to great lord, do I have to reach level 15 still or does it internally count my levels I got earlier? Should I go great knight instead to get dual guard +?

McNum

I need some advice. Promoted Chrom to great lord but before getting rifhtful king changed class to paladin and got aegis. If I go back to great lord, do I have to reach level 15 still or does it internally count my levels I got earlier? Should I go great knight instead to get dual guard +?
Your Great Lord levels still stand. You can go directly to Great Knight if you want to. There's some math going on behind the scenes, but you won't lose the levels you've gained, ever. Gaining more levels just slowly becomes harder and harder.

SkyandSun

Banned
Chapter 9 or something for me now but unfortunately I'm having to make the game hard for myself (playing hard/classic). My MU and Chrom kill anything barely taking a hit and the simplest way to win is simply have everyone else hide while those two kill enemies. But if I want to see what that dragon girl can do... well, she dies in about 2 hits, so levelling her up is really tricky.

Something is off with the balance on this game, there should be some better way of levelling characters.

Oxx

MU is definitely a machine at this point. I'm going to have to unequip his weapons to slow things down a bit.

Sumia's quirk is her Chromlust.

I didn't even come across this apparent quirk until she married Lon'qu when he stated something in the region of "you only have eyes for Chrom".
She does? poor lass can't even get a mere C support with the Chromster, of course now i'm seeing the little nudges towards it elsewhere but I was oblivious, I can only assume Chrom blanks her like she was Kellam.

Draxal

The way I see it, either Sumia marries Chrom or spends her life plotting the murder of the woman who did.

Marry Maribelle to Chrom to vindicate that second thought.

I didn't even come across this apparent quirk until she married Lon'qu when he stated something in the region of "you only have eyes for Chrom".
She does? poor lass can't even get a mere C support with the Chromster, of course now i'm seeing the little nudges towards it elsewhere but I was oblivious, I can only assume Chrom blanks her like she was Kellam.

You are confusing Sumia with Cordelia, Sumia can't support Lon'Qu.

zoukka

Damn Chrom is so picky, can't find a mate for him.

And this game is too fucking good. Game of the platform and possibly game of the year.

Chapter 9 or something for me now but unfortunately I'm having to make the game hard for myself (playing hard/classic). My MU and Chrom kill anything barely taking a hit and the simplest way to win is simply have everyone else hide while those two kill enemies. But if I want to see what that dragon girl can do... well, she dies in about 2 hits, so levelling her up is really tricky.

Something is off with the balance on this game, there should be some better way of levelling characters.

Yep Freddy and Avatar are immortal at chpt 10, but I've kept them supporting other characters I want to level. My whole team is now balanced and any single character can hold his own. You have given too much exp to too few characters.

Westlo

Yeah this is the frontrunner for game of the year for me, hopefully another 3DS game is announced sometime this year.

Oh yeah, my reading comprehension just flew out the window.
But is Cordelia's quirk supposed to be hidden Chrom Lust? must be a Pegasus thing.

Its kinda weird one of her better level up quotes is something like "I'll do anything to be with him" and she has no support at all with Chrom. Yet some random dancer who just shows up can marry him, that forced proposal should be hilarious, gotta youtube that.

Sendou

Damn Chrom is so picky, can't find a mate for him.

That's a problem you could say solves itself due time if you fail to find him a partner.

At the beginning of Chapter 11 you get a new character called Olivia and after that chapter Chrom will marry someone no matter what. Olivia is also the last potential wife for Chrom. After that Chapter ends Chrom just marries whoever he has the highest support level with (so even Olivia can jump from no support level -> S support level with Chrom) If nobody is available (every one of his possible partners are either dead or married) he will just marry a random village girl.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Maybe I just haven't gotten most of her supports yet, but Cordelia is kinda plain.

Cherche is the red headed rider for me.

Though to be fair that's mostly because I find her relationship with Minerva to be adorable.

Jintor

Wow Owain you're like some insane combination of P4A-era Akihiko and some other hot-blooded moron I can't recall right now

Maybe I just haven't gotten most of her supports yet, but Cordelia is kinda plain.

Cherche is the red headed rider for me.

Though to be fair that's mostly because I find her relationship with Minerva to be adorable.

Cherche is fucking baller, that I will admit

Anyway... so is any first-gen class worth second sealing too, or should I just get to level 15 with 2nd tier classes and then switch out?

And what the hell should I do with Nowi?

JaseMath

I hope I can get another dancer. My Olivia died a few chapters ago, and a dancer would be really helpful right about now.

Despera

Banned
I hope I can get another dancer. My Olivia died a few chapters ago, and a dancer would be really helpful right about now.
I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but she's the only Dancer in the entire game.

Maybe they should add one via DLC at some point...

Top Bottom