• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fire Emblem: Awakening Releases Feb 4th in NA

donny2112

It's not a spoiler. This is like, some of the first information we had about the game.

It's a spoiler for me, but I don't care (haven't read too much on the story on purpose). They could all be descendents of whoever from previous games, and the game would still play the same.

Sooner than I expected. Ghost Recon: Shadow Wars is a great turn-based strategy game, but nothing scratches the itch like Fire Emblem. Day one, etc.

donny2112

So Mario and a luma being on the boxart together mean that they are long lost cousins now?

You didn't know?

And

250px-SSBB_Cover.jpg

All in the Family.

Yup, day one for me as well.

I really want to upgrade to an XL for all the awesome games coming next year. But I really want an all black, or all white, XL. Come on Nintendo, make it happen.

Codeblue

Glad they kept the boxart. Hopefully someone will do a release date delivery thing since this is a Monday release. So excited.

Too bad they're not bringing over the LE though.

Boney

Banned
the black box was my favourite parts of the japanese box

american one is like.. so plain in comparison

and damn I'll probably be vacationing by that date that's gonna suuuuck

Yup, day one for me as well.

I really want to upgrade to an XL for all the awesome games coming next year. But I really want an all black, or all white, XL. Come on Nintendo, make it happen.

The XL has been on sale recently ($160 next week at Best Buy, too). I was not strong enough to hold out.

Etrian Odyssey IV + Monster Hunter 3: Ultimate + Dragon Quest VII + Luigi's Mansion 2 + Animal Crossing: New Leaf + Fire Emblem: Awakening + Possible localizations of SMT: Soul Hackers and SMT IV = Year of the 3DS

Did that get confirmed for an English release when I wasn't looking?

kswiston

Noooo, so close to Ni No Kuni, guess it'll have to wait. I'm going to get it though.

Get Fire Emblem on release. Wait a couple of months for Ni No Kuni to be $20 after it bombs. Win-Win.

EDIT: Also, this is my most anticipated 3DS title of the generation basically. First we get a translation for the Japan only Fire Emblem 12, and now we get confirmation that Fire Emblem 13 is two months away from release. Been an awesome month for fans of the franchise.

February 4th? That's a lot sooner than I expected. I'm sure Nintendo will balance this out with Animal Crossing coming out on the very last day of Q2.

Edit: The very last day of Q2 is a Sunday, so that could actually happen.

Q

qizah

Unconfirmed Member
Fire Emblem Awakening is the 3DS game I've been waiting for! Can't wait.

Earlier than I expected and I love that the kept the original artwork, despite the odd placement of the title box.

Will get.

majik13

I havent played a FE game I dont think. It is worth jumping in here? How is it? Last rpg I really played was Xenpblade, and before that probabaly FFX

kswiston

I havent played a FE game I dont think. It is worth jumping in here? How is it? Last rpg I really played was Xenpblade, and before that probabaly FFX

Fire Emblem games are not really rpgs in the same way as Final Fantasy or Xenoblade are. Most people consider them strategy rpgs, but they are basically turn based strategy games with some rpg features (character levels/stats, equipment, and a story). If you play western strategy games, they are comparable to something like the new XCom or Dawn of War 2 (minus the real-time element). You gave a bunch of hero units, each with their own attributes and equipment, and progress through a mostly linear series of strategy maps.

That said, this game will be as good a starting point as any I think. They have modes aimed at casual players, or those players that are new to the strategy genre, and the story is only very loosely connected to previous games (to the point that you don't have to play what came before to understand).

I kind of wish we were getting Animal Crossing first but I'll take what I can get from Nintendo.

Animal Crossing came out 3-4 weeks ago in Japan. Fire Emblem fans have already had to wait 8 months (on top of a year of uncertainty about the games localization prospects prior to its Japanese release).

Top Bottom