• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fire Emblem Community Thread | Together We Ride

Renewed

Got back from the pre-launch event a while ago. Was definitely a "learn about the game, try it out and meet fans" experience. I played Conquest Chapter 10 twice and I played Birthright Chapter 13 twice. This was my first real exposure to the game and learning about everything hands-on under a 15 minute time limit before we switched out the first time. So I turned off animations and rushed both chapters and beat them. Took more time with them later on. These were covered by media a month ago so I don't think there's anything new to mention but as it's my first time really experiencing how everything works together, I'm enjoying it. I'd gladly play both.

Some amateur pics.

Fan created and NoA created props. Awakening Falchion was on Conquest side and Marth's Falchion was on Birthright side.

nAm2FNA.jpg

(Featured in Fire Emblem Shadow Dragon for Nintendo DS)

This treasure sword is the Legendary Dragon slaying sword forged from Naga's Fang after its defeat. Prince Marth used this very sword to defeat the Shadow Dragon.

Replica Falchion Sword created by Nintendo of America (from accompanying note)

TMs5YPM.jpg

(Featured in Fire Emblem Awakening for Nintendo 3DS)

The national sword of The Halidom of Ylisse. Only one exists in the world, and Prince Chrom is its heir. Legends say that the first Holy King used this very sword to seal the wicked dragon long ago.

Fan Crafted Display Piece by: Thomas Cottrell-Duncan (from accompanying note)

I wish I took a moment to think "I should have the cosplayers stand in front of these backdrops..." That's how it goes when you wield a camera and want to take pictures of everything.

Every hour there was a 30 minute demonstration of My Castle, amiibo and other features.

Met some fans who wore cosplay and like the moron I am, asked for impromptu pictures.

Came back with the shirt I got for choosing Conquest. Birthright's shirt is just red with the text and logo on the back changed to accommodate that.

Azuran

Banned
Ugh all those pictures are making me regret not going to that event today. And all because I was too lazy to get up from bed.

Looks like I don't my SE copy from Amazon till the 23rd. I always get games 4 days after release day, must be my location.

Which is weird considering I know how fulfillment centers work.

Shun

Do you think my castle skill buying should return in future titles? As a quality of life feature?

I can see the arguments for or against it. For one it gets rid of a lot of the challenge early on in the game if you do it. But it is also optional and very gold reliant.

I think it should only return as part of a late-game or post game feature in a limited fashion, just not for access early in the game. My Castle skills does take some of the hassle but I don't know if I like the any skill broken unit it allows.

Looks like I don't my SE copy from Amazon till the 23rd. I always get games 4 days after release day, must be my location.

Which is weird considering I know how fulfillment centers work.

amazon US give all users a free month of prime every year? If you have not use it yet you could do that?

Do you think my castle skill buying should return in future titles? As a quality of life feature?

I can see the arguments for or against it. For one it gets rid of a lot of the challenge early on in the game if you do it. But it is also optional and very gold reliant.

I think it should only return as part of a late-game or post game feature in a limited fashion, just not for access early in the game. My Castle skills does take some of the hassle but I don't know if I like the any skill broken unit it allows.

amazon US give all users a free month of prime every year? If you have not use it yet you could do that?
Honestly a lot of the optional stuff that cheeses the game can be kept in, just make an achievement-like system that requires specifically no grind, no bonus feature runs to get them.
Fire Emblem Fates |OT| Is the Special Edition back in stock yet?

Fire Emblem Fates |OT| No We Don't Have Any Special Editions Here

Gestahl

I think it's fine for minor skills like the finding coins one. I even got the villager growth one on my avatar because I went full retard and promoted at lv 10 without understanding how promoting worked yet and that helped level off that mistake a bit. But yeah obviously getting shit like Sol and Lifestealer immediately is going to destroy any semblance of balance in the game

Draxal

Honestly a lot of the optional stuff that cheeses the game can be kept in, just make an achievement-like system that requires specifically no grind, no bonus feature runs to get them.

Fire Emblem Fates |OT| No We Don't Have Any Special Editions Here

Need something like the casual mark of shame.

Shun

I would post the OT early just so that there would be no more new threads popping up. But it would just get locked immediately.

Maybe if someone breaks street date or something I will post it a couple days early. I don't get how people are still confused.

Draxal

I would post the OT early just so that there would be no more new threads popping up. But it would just get locked immediately.

Maybe if someone breaks street date or something I will post it a couple days early. I don't get how people are still confused.

Is this like the pokemans.

So basically we need EBGames to help us out once again.

jzbluz

Maybe if someone breaks street date or something
I will post it a couple days early. I don't get how people are still confused.

I've heard parts of Canada have broken street date.

it definitely be locked anyway. don't bother

Need something like the casual mark of shame.
Well the game already marks the highest difficulty you've completed each route on (though it doesn't distinguish between casual/classic let alone no grind), so it's not like there isn't some precedent!
Hey guys so there's a new game coming out next week. Heard it's good.

Street Fighter V thread is over there ------>
oh wait you said you heard it was good *shots fired*

yami4ct

I feel like grinding vs no grinding is such a fundamental change that the entire game economy has to be rebalanced around it. Putting an achievement for 'no grind' doesn't make the no grind experience balanced in a way like one of the FE's designed to be a linear campaign.

I feel like grinding vs no grinding is such a fundamental change that the entire game economy has to be rebalanced around it. Putting an achievement for 'no grind' doesn't make the no grind experience balanced in a way like one of the FE's designed to be a linear campaign.

Except Birthright and Revelation are totally not balanced around an expectation of grinding.

hell, even Awakening isn't

edit: actually just because Revelation's balance is pretty shit doesn't mean it is balanced around grinding, it kinds of remind me of FE6 here

Oh, I should mention too that you'd probably need to register for an account to watch as well, I think. You may or may not find a way to circumvent that but I personally have one and it's simple to do.

if its nico nico i made one around the splatoon tourney lol

Draxal

Any information about that, or did they just say that it was coming?

Not sure.

Shawn Wylie ‏@aubergine_j2e 7m7 minutes ago
Woah, if I'm not mistaken they just announce a new DLC scenario for FE Fates in Japan.

Previewed Adean and Lewyn's art. Lewyn looks so boss

CbF_SX8UAAE2Eov.jpg

Chrom

On the new DLC scenario for Fates, I think Shawn may have just misunderstood when they brought up the ongoing sale. I was watching as well and the only time that I remember the DLC scenarios were mentioned was that. I don't believe they may have necessarily announced a new one. If they did, it had like zero fanfare.

Draxal

On the new DLC scenario for Fates, I think Shawn may have just misunderstood when they brought up the ongoing sale. I was watching as well and the only time that I remember the DLC scenarios were mentioned was that. I don't believe they may have necessarily announced a new one. If they did, it had like zero fanfare.

Yeah, I don't see the other tweeters discussing it. He probably misunderstood it. I should go edit it out.

Oops.

Shawn Wylie ‏@aubergine_j2e 28m28 minutes ago
@theprinceofiris Ah, that's probably it then. I only got like 4 hours of sleep last night, so I probably didn't understand it right lol.

How will the Community Thread handle Fates talk? I'm getting Fates and will probably want to talk about the series as a whole, but I suspect that Fates will be the big topic here too. It's why I've avoided this place to not get spoiled from import players.

spiritfox

How will the Community Thread handle Fates talk? I'm getting Fates and will probably want to talk about the series as a whole, but I suspect that Fates will be the big topic here too. It's why I've avoided this place to not get spoiled from import players.

Fates talk would probably move to the OT when it comes out, leaving this thread with generic FE stuff and Cipher.

Like usual.

Fates talk would probably move to the OT when it comes out, leaving this thread with generic FE stuff and Cipher.

Like usual.
I'm surprised so many people are talking this much about the Japanese only trading card game. Although I can certainly appreciate the recent addition of Jugdral characters.

Draxal

I'm surprised so many people are talking this much about the Japanese only trading card game. Although I can certainly appreciate the recent addition of Jugdral characters.

we really don't talk about the card game itself, we talk about the art that comes with the card game. Also, we tend to talk about the merchandise alot here, but the card game is the lion's share of the merch now.

They just had a livestream this morning announcing Seisen no Keifu in the next set and showing off alot of new art, otherwise the card game talking is minimal (just me posting new card arts once their twitter accounts post it).

Chrom

I think that I can see arguments for or against having future Fates discussion in the community thread once the OT goes up... I seem to remember things being regulated fairly well when the Japanese version released last summer when people were asked to move discussion over to the import OT for a while, but I don't know if that was ultimately favored or not. I'd be interested in hearing what others think about the topic.

Top Bottom