• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fire Emblem Fates |OT| Nohr does what Hoshidon't

woopWOOP

I'm guessing the museum's DLC right? So if I let one them get killed because of crit% shenanigans I can always get them again? Over and over?

I was aware of silly hats, but I didn't know you could select alt colours for your units too, neat!

Azuran

Banned
I'm guessing the museum's DLC right? So if I let one them get killed because of crit% shenanigans I can always get them again? Over and over?

I was aware of silly hats, but I didn't know you could select alt colours for your units too, neat!

You actually have to "kill" them with Niles or Orochi so you can capture them. Crit shenanigans would be awesome actually :p

Took me forever due to real life, but I recently beat Birthright and am about to start Conquest. Are there any any characters like Scarlett that only one have one S rank support on this path?

King Fost

Neo Member
I actually used three bosses in my final Conquest team, although one of them only to deploy a full team in the final chapter.

Haitaka looks cool with his custom colors, fitting right alongside Nohr troops due to the black clothing... but then he only has generic colors after promotion.
Haitaka_03_zpsqxhrqpfe.jpg
Haitaka_04_zps3du2oe7f.jpg

He's actually very useful in chapter 10 if you bother getting him in the previous one.

And the other two Kumagera and Gazak (this last one is a paralogue boss, the one that I only bothered using for the final chapters)
Kumagera_03_zpsrn1nzkqf.jpg
Gazak_01_zpsgmsf9oej.jpg

2 unique main story bosses can be captured in Conquest's story chapters (Haitaka and Kumagera), alongside two generic Generals that don't even have portraits but are considered bosses. There's one unique boss in Birthright. All the others are in the children paralogues. Revelations has no capturable bosses outside of paralogues.

Nichol's a pretty cool capturable boss too. He has a cut-in like the actual playable cast, he has a few unique voice clips, and he's one of the better capturable bosses gameplay wise. His bases are alright and his growths are only slightly worse than Camilla's; Malig Knight is a great class too so he's especially good in Birthright since the only other potential Malig Knight is Scarlett and she doesn't do the magic thing very well.

woopWOOP

You actually have to "kill" them with Niles or Orochi so you can capture them. Crit shenanigans would be awesome actually :p
That's a special command tho, isn't it? I was thinking more of them storming towards my units only to get crit-countered (RIP-Amelia), but I suppose as bosses they'll just idle the entire map with thumbs up their asses anyway :p

NeonZ

Huh? No, you can't select alternate colors. Most characters generally by default have special colors for their initial class and one of its promotions, although then they get generic colors for everything else.

Some characters have special colors for both promotions. Some also have colors for a secondary class but that's much rarer (like Odin keeping his yellow color if class changed to Samurai/Swordmaster). The bosses though, only seem to have custom colors for their initial class (which might be a base class or a promoted one).

Nichol's a pretty cool capturable boss too. He has a cut-in like the actual playable cast, he has a few unique voice clips, and he's one of the better capturable bosses gameplay wise. His bases are alright and his growths are only slightly worse than Camilla's; Malig Knight is a great class too so he's especially good in Birthright since the only other potential Malig Knight is Scarlett and she doesn't do the magic thing very well.

Nichol really seems like he needs to be captured early though. I got him near end-game in Conquest and his stats were pretty bad for the time. Looking at his growth rates, they definitely didn't seem to scale on par with them.

King Fost

Neo Member
Huh? No, you can't select alternate colors. Most characters generally by default have special colors for their initial class and one of its promotions, although then they get generic colors for everything else.

Some characters have special colors for both promotions. Some also have colors for a secondary class but that's much rarer (like Odin keeping his yellow color if class changed to Samurai/Swordmaster). The bosses though, only seem to have custom colors for their initial class (which might be a base class or a promoted one).

Nichol really seems like he needs to be captured early though. I got him near end-game in Conquest and his stats were pretty bad for the time. Looking at his growth rates, they definitely didn't seem to scale on par with them.

I think that's because when calculating the bonus stats that enemies get in scaling paralogues, the boss characters don't use their personal growths but instead generic growths. Otherwise, Nichol would be pretty ridiculous. I don't know if that's true, but that would make the most sense. It's how FE6 and FE7 HM bonuses are added onto enemy recruits, so I think there's some precedent.

And yeah, capturing Nichol relatively early would be best. I think he's still a decent choice, though he's made a bit redundant in Conquest and Revelations.

NeonZ

How's Kumagera as a unit? I love his design and I'm planning on capturing him in my current Conquest run.

Great strength and defense, also having the advantage of not suffering from any weakness like armor or beast killers. His magic can be useful sometimes, but it's not really a strong point - although he starts with C or B ranking (Hard and Lunatic) which can be useful. However, his speed is pretty unreliable (40% added with class growth added already). On the other hand, he starts with Darting Blow(this one hard or lunatic only), Certain Blow and can pick up Death Blow by leveling up, making him useful in the player phase too, not just for tanking/blocking the enemy. The main problem compared to Effie and Xander is that he won't cause as much damage to the enemies in the enemy phase due to no supports to increase his speed.

In Hard and Lunatic, he also starts with Counter Magic and can pick Counter by leveling up, although I don't think this combo is very useful. He also has decent base resistance, but not good growths, so it falls behind later, although added to his hp he sometimes still can take two hits.

Edit: I didn't think about it while playing, but Dark Falcon's skills could actually be pretty useful for him.

Ponn

Banned
I'm on Revelations like chapter 22 or so. For a long time now the buildings menu says new but its greyed out and says I can't build anything at this time. I thought as I played chapters this would reopen up but now i'm almost done and its not. Is this normal?

I'm on Revelations like chapter 22 or so. For a long time now the buildings menu says new but its greyed out and says I can't build anything at this time. I thought as I played chapters this would reopen up but now i'm almost done and its not. Is this normal?

you can only build a total of 50 items in your castle including buildings, statues, nature stuff, etc

NeonZ

You probably hit the limit of buildings. Demolish one of the statues or something and you'll be able to build something else.

You've hit the maximum number of buildings to build. You can only build 50.

Adam Prime

hates soccer, is Mexican
Wow every chapter from 20 on up in Conquest (hard/casual) is excellent. I'm on the end game chapter, and going to finish up three paralogues and Invasion 3 before wrapping this up. I think I'll hang on to the game and pick up Revelations in the Fall. I've found the story to be very entertaining in Chapters 25 and 26!

Jeesh I'm at around 60 hours for Conquest now, is Revelations just as long?

Azuran

Banned
Wow every chapter from 20 on up in Conquest (hard/casual) is excellent. I'm on the end game chapter, and going to finish up three paralogues and Invasion 3 before wrapping this up. I think I'll hang on to the game and pick up Revelations in the Fall. I've found the story to be very entertaining in Chapters 25 and 26!

Jeesh I'm at around 60 hours for Conquest now, is Revelations just as long?

It depends how you play. Revelation has some really long ass maps that can take up to 30+ turns if you take your time. Others are slow because of multiple gimmicks which slow down things a bit. A couple of the earlier ones can take up to 40 turns just they're a bit stupid.

Going through revelation a second time to get that gold lunatic seal on my card made me realize replay value was not high on the priority list when it came to revelation map design.

makes me want to just solo with corrin until I get ryoma then lowman all the remaining maps.

A Dark Fall both versions has to be one of my, if not, favorite song in the Fire Emblem series.

Which pretty amazing since I really don't Always enjoy the battle map themes, other then the Devoted and Eternal Bond off the top of my head.

Azuran

Banned
A Dark Fall both versions has to be one of my, if not, favorite song in the Fire Emblem series.

Which pretty amazing since I really don't Always enjoy the battle map themes, other then the Devoted and Eternal Bond off the top of my head.

Pretty much every map and battle theme is amazing in this game. No Justice is my favorite with Justice RIP right behind it. Those two themes perfectly exemplify everything about Nohr and Hoshido.

Draxal

No Justice (Fire) and the DLC battle song are reallly really really good.

CazTGG

Took me forever due to real life, but I recently beat Birthright and am about to start Conquest. Are there any any characters like Scarlett that only one have one S rank support on this path?

Gunter is the only one that comes to mind since Flora at least has Felicia. Still, Gunter's is a pretty solid one in terms of writing, albeit his usefulness as a unit isn't great outside of a dedicated Corrin pair up partner.

Are there unique ending per character or is there a limited choice of supports for each character. Awakening had a ending support for combinations of characters while games had a handful of supports per character.

Are there unique ending per character or is there a limited choice of supports for each character. Awakening had a ending support for combinations of characters while games had a handful of supports per character.

You mean if every character has their own unique "where are they now" write up at the credits, yes they do?

However, unlike Awakening, with very few exceptions, married endings are far more generic now, instead of a write up of how the wife lived with the husband afterwards, say like Tharja where she either left Lon'qu because of how she couldn't handle the cold weather, or how she was deemed a creepy couple when paired with Gaius.

Ophelia for example only gets "Scholars say Ophelia continued to research spells and hexes all her life. She also named them." for almost every married ending she has. And Silas gets "Silas served loyally as a knight of Nohr. He was beloved by trainee knights for his great patience."

NeonZ

In Conquest and Birthright, each character can support any character from the opposite gender and the same generation, aside from a few characters who can only get S ranking supports with the Avatar and have at best one extra non-S support. In Revelations, each character, aside from their Conquest and Birthright supports, also gain two S support options with characters that were formerly exclusive to the other campaign.

Each character has their default solo epilogue, and a married epilogue. When the character is married, the game pretty much just adds up both married epilogues together into a single description, first the male's part and then the female's.

Here's an example (spoilers, obviously). Niles x Serena's married epilogue:
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v.../PairedEnding_Niles_Serena_01_zps2yjjlvwx.jpg

It doesn't matter who Niles marries, aside from a couple of exceptions, the first part of the description will be the same. In the same way, it doesn't matter who Selena marries, that second part of the epilogue (about
her and her husband disappearing
) will be the same.

Some characters add modifiers to the epilogues though. Any female, aside from the female avatar, marrying
Laslow and Odin
has a special married description for their epilogue. Any male marrying the female Avatar in Revelations also has a special epilogue description just for that case.

Renewed

Started CQ19.... ahahahahahaaaa. Everything about this is simple but if I don't account for the winds, I get screwed. All these Kinshi though, RIP

Gonna continue later, need to get going.

What is Siegfried's deal? What exactly is his personality supposed to be? He's been a good tank for me, but he's just so boring. Is he another do-gooder like Silas? A leader type like Ryoma and Xander? I don't even know. He's just kinda there.

What is Siegfried's deal? What exactly is his personality supposed to be? He's been a good tank for me, but he's just so boring. Is he another do-gooder like Silas? A leader type like Ryoma and Xander? I don't even know. He's just kinda there.

I mean, not everyone has to have a quirk to them.

a son always in the shadow of his father, personality-wise and gameplay-wise

NeonZ

Siegbert seems to be basically Xander with confidence issues. He wants to be helpful and is generally a do-gooder, but doesn't consider himself fit to be a king and considers himself inferior to the others around him. That only comes up directly in his supports with Xander and his mother, but you can see shades of his confidence problems in many of his supports (although in the others he takes a position of generic leader-type, like with Shiro and Soliel).

His B sibling support with Kanna ends up rather amusing, since the whole support is about Kanna praising his sibling, but Siegbert keeps putting himself down after each praise.

What must have been like 30-40 minutes into Chapter 10, which on this attempt was smooth sailing, I had like 5 enemies left and sent a full health Corrin into the bottom of the map and somehow some OP tiger asshole comes in and kills him. FUCK THIS GAME. I would have let anyone else die at that point and not give a fuck. Now I have to replay this plodding mission over again.

NSESN

I finished Conquest saturday, i liked it way more than Birthright, except for the story.
BTW, why did Flora not join me?

Finally finished Birthright Chapter 15 after a long break. The story is stupid as hell, and I am glad that I have
Kaze
Rank A with Corrin to avoid
story-induced perma-death

Now some members are reaching Level 18/19. I don't want to lose exp when they reach Level 20 halfway through a battle. Can I use Master Seals during battle?

Top Bottom