• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fire Emblem Heroes Bridal Blessings event announced

spiritfox

It's a gacha event. There are still the normal units. Don't pull if you don't like them. They don't even seem that good as units anyway.

Wait, Echoes is out already?

Erm... Did you guys like it?
Better Story
Better Characters
Fully Voice Acted
but Sub-par gameplay.

I would say its my least favorite FE 3DS game. Mostly because of the gameplay, its rather boring. Hard is too easy.
The story and characters were enjoyable tho. Would probably recommend this above Fates and Awakening

Nanashrew

Banned
Better Story
Better Characters
Fully Voice Acted
but Sub-par gameplay.

I would say its my least favorite FE 3DS game. Mostly because of the gameplay, its rather boring. Hard is too easy.
The story and characters were enjoyable tho. Would probably recommend this above Fates and Awakening

Sounds like Gaiden. The gameplay and map design was done the way it was in response to complaints of map navigation of the previous game way back on the Famicom.

OVDRobo

It's a spin-off mobile game. The more controversial elements of the franchise are obviously going to be there, particularly in a gacha game where the elements of the fanbase that this content appeals to will spend money to get the characters.

As someone who plays heroes for different reasons, this content will likely give me a way to get some orbs without any chance of needing to spend them on the associated banner so I can't exactly be against it.

So long as stuff like this doesn't become a concentrated part of the mainline games I'll continue to enjoy and support the series and don't see this as too harmful so long as that case doesn't come to pass.

Neiteio

Better Story
Better Characters
Fully Voice Acted
but Sub-par gameplay.

So wait, if I'm someone who enjoys FE more casually and doesn't want to be stuck forever on a challenging mission, I might actually like it, eh?

I'm chocked and offended... that Lucina isn't a waifu
I know, right? Marriage is about love.

Where is Lucina?

kewlmyc

Tales of Link just got done with their Bridal event a few weeks ago too. I guess it's a guaranteed money maker in the gacha world.

So wait, if I'm someone who enjoys FE more casually and doesn't want to be stuck forever on a challenging mission, I might actually like it, eh?
Yeah, its pretty easy and battles are short. Plus the ability to go back a turn (or rewind) is a new future that helps casual play in my opinion.

However supports conversations are very limited. theirs only a fraction compared to other games. I say their pretty good tho, there sometimes relevant to what part of the game your on. If supports are one of your main draws to FE.

All and All, I recommend Echoes. It is fun and I'm enjoying it. Its just that Conquest was way to good in gameplay.

kewlmyc

Wish these types of games would include grooms as well. Guess dudes in tuxes don't sell units.

I got my Bride Grassvalley/Earheart 2.0, so victory there!

Between this year and last year, I got both sets of Kanonnos as well. No Sara or Kana though. :/

Ilvocare

as someone who's been playing every single localized FE since sacred stones I will never fucking understand the borderline-violent reactions people have to seeing characters in dresses

I expected this kind of vitriol for the bunny outfits to be honest

calm down guys, christ

chrono01

Between this year and last year, I got both sets of Kanonnos as well. No Sara or Kana though. :/
Nice!

Yeah, I don't have a single 5* Sara/Kana yet. Granted, I literally just started during the bride event, but even still...

Maybe one day!

Thoraxes

I can only hope this is a glimpse of the new innovation they're bringing to the FE on Switch, but testing it on us first to deem us worthy.

Neiteio

Yeah, its pretty easy and battles are short. Plus the ability to go back a turn (or rewind) is a new future that helps casual play in my opinion.

However supports conversations are very limited. theirs only a fraction compared to other games. I say their pretty good tho, there sometimes relevant to what part of the game your on. If supports are one of your main draws to FE.

All and All, I recommend Echoes. It is fun and I'm enjoying it. Its just that Conquest was way to good in gameplay.
I've only played Awakening but really liked the matchmaking and support conversations. Felt like a soap opera. I understand that's not an emphasis here, but if the battles aren't too long or difficult, I'd probably still be interested just because the world and characters look appealing.

I need something to tide me over between now, the next ARMS Testpunch, and E3. But I don't feel like digging into my backlog (Nier Automata, Dark Souls 3, Deus Ex: Mankind Divided, and Last Guardian... All a bit too dreary for my mood at the moment).

Maybe Fire Emblem Echoes would be a good stopgap title.

Squire

Banned

I know, right? Marriage is about love.

Where is Lucina?

It that's how you feel you can't go wrong with this. The map criticisms out there are valid, but I actually really like every other mechanic and the presentation is top notch. I'm about halfway through and it's been a really enjoyable story so far, elevated by great voice work and writing on 8-4s part. I'm not really a stickler for strategy, so I enjoy the more straightforward nature of it. It's a good midpoint between something like Awakening and Heroes. Favorite 3DS FE, honestly.

as someone who's been playing every single localized FE since sacred stones I will never fucking understand the borderline-violent reactions people have to seeing characters in dresses

I expected this kind of vitriol for the bunny outfits to be honest

calm down guys, christ

lol there is no "vitriol" and the most "violent" reaction in this thread is "what the fuck". Calm down indeed.

Neiteio

It that's how you feel you can't go wrong with this. The map criticisms out there are valid, but I actually really like every other mechanic and the presentation is top notch. I'm about halfway through and it's been a really enjoyable story so far, elevated by great voice work and writing on 8-4s part. I'm not really a stickler for strategy, so I enjoy the more straightforward nature of it. It's a good midpoint between something like Awakening and Heroes. Favorite 3DS FE, honestly.
Definitely tempted. I'll probably end up ordering this on Amazon Prime. Those amiibo look nice too, but I'm running out of place to put amiibo. :-x

Ilvocare

lol there is no "vitriol" and the most "violent" reaction in this thread is "what the fuck". Calm down indeed.

I did say borderline-violent, man, not actually violent

implying that you can't see the distaste in several posts for this because it's not overt is kinda putting on blinders for what seems like pretty obvious subtext

Squire

Banned
Definitely tempted. I'll probably end up ordering this on Amazon Prime. Those amiibo look nice too, but I'm running out of place to put amiibo. :-x

To respond to your post about the supports: There are less of them and near as I can tell, none so dramatic. They tend to be of a more casual nature and they each only go up three levels. But I think they're great. They come off as very natural and authentic and they work as a great supplement to a game that actually has a story it's very invested in telling. It's different from Awakening, but yeah, it's great. Sounds like you'd like it.

UltraJay

I was really upset that I couldn't draw Easter Chrom with a carrot axe after getting everyone else in that banner.

I like that one too.

You're my husbando, Nanashrew.

I get irrationally upset that this caught on without using the actual Japanese transcription hazubando, or just hazu for short. It's not Wifu, after all.

hazu
hazubando

Top Bottom