• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fire Emblem Heroes |OT| Mount Breeding Simulator

champloo

I can't believe this just happened to me, I pulled a Hector off my last summon, Literally on my last orbs!

Now who is the best unit to learn Distance Counter: Titania, Camilla or Sheena?

Semajer

I just finished the current mini TT and god damn the first few days with no bonus unit to getting crazy scores using Ninian has me hoping I'll have a 40% unit again. Also watching my lil +atk, - defense dancer body units with the added TT buffs was hilarious. Sure there were times the ai suicided her into hector instead of dancing for Xander or brave lyn who was in range but other times she solod the final room minus hector if they were all sword or red tome users.

I'm kinda hoping that someday Myrrh and Nils ( or heck even Idunn ) arrive with more dragons specific buffs so my dragon dancer can be super buff and dive into combat when needed. Just pulled a +atk, - speed Nowi so I could always feed a lightning breath to her so she can counter on those very rare occasion I have to leave her in the line of fire. Horse emblem feels so damn safe with double reposition letting me dance for an extra attack and then still having a unit to get Ninian or Olivia out of trouble while staying in range of their partner for horse or support buffs. I'll miss having a dancer once I get Reinhardt and can throw him and Camus in there.

God help me if they ever make a Taguel/Laguz/Kitsune etc type group that share buffs. I will be on that so hard, rip all my orbs and feathers.

I love themed teams too much and Hinoka refuses to show up so I can get my flier emblem on.

I would use adult Tiki for passing on Lightning Breath as she's so much more common than Nowi.

Golnei

Elincia's voice is not what I pictured for her at all.

Same - although I just had a 'generic princess' voice in mind, so this isn't really a step down. The same VA's take on Cherche might have been a more standard way to handle it - I feel like from the few clips we have, the way she's doing Elincia made a good case for her being Hinoka's replacement VA instead of Cindy Robinson.

Shinypogs

I would use adult Tiki for passing on Lightning Breath as she's so much more common than Nowi.

True, I've 3 of adult tiki.

When I can get it all assembled some day I plan to run Ninian with a massively merged + def fem corrin (aka savior of my early months by making life super easy for merric), Baby tiki and Fae. Though plans may change if Myrrh shows up and filled the red or green dragon slot better than either of them. Or maybe she'll be a colourless dragon. oh god I might die trying to pull her then.

Semajer

True, I've 3 of adult tiki.

When I can get it all assembled some day I plan to run Ninian with a massively merged + def fem corrin (aka savior of my early months by making life super easy for merric), Baby tiki and Fae. Though plans may change if Myrrh shows up and filled the red or green dragon slot better than either of them. Or maybe she'll be a colourless dragon. oh god I might die trying to pull her then.

What will be really interesting is if Myrrh is a flying unit.

redcrayon

Nephenee's base skillset of Slaying Lance+, Moonbow, Attack/speed+2 and Wrath seems really good at kicking out raw damage, she should be using her special every turn.

Ninferno

A single 3-unit banner, with 2 of them being blue is indeed rather weird. It's making it hard for people to justify pulling. It feels more like a "Heroes with X skill" or BHB banner rather than a new flagship banner. Wouldn't a 3-unit Crimea banner and a 3-unit Daein/Begnion banner at the same time have made more sense, just like Alm's army and Celica's army?

Anyway, guess they will need to have 3 "random" characters in the arena bonus char set as opposed to the usual 2 then, something that has not happened since launch.

redcrayon

oscar are you kidding me? so they're fine regurgitating the green and red haired cavaliers over and over again?

yep goodbye my sweet princess
My issue with Oscar isn't the specific characters, I quite like Oscar's chilled-out persona, it's that it's another blue Lance that doesn't really offer much we haven't seen already. Lancebreaker, sapphire Lance and some buff skills. He looks like a good all-rounder but doesn't stand out for anything.

Elincia- what have they done to the art, she doesn't look anything like her art in PoR. Like Linde, she's suffering from anime big head syndrome.

Firemind

You want them to not add a character because there are too many of that archetype?
My issue with Oscar isn't the specific characters, I quite like Oscar's chilled-out persona, it's that it's another blue Lance that doesn't really offer much we haven't seen already. Lancebreaker, sapphire Lance and some buff skills. He looks like a good all-rounder but doesn't stand out for anything.
this basically. the two cavaliers you get at the start of the game are the most average units you're gonna get. red=more power, green=more speed. they're tremendously useful in the games but ultimately boring. but i see on reddit that sully is literally someone's favourite character so i guess there must be someone who wants oscar.

Scum

I hope I'm able to get Elincia and Nephenee and still have some orbs left to save for Halloween.
Look at this statement, guys.
uUu9hwp.png

Roman

I can't believe this just happened to me, I pulled a Hector off my last summon, Literally on my last orbs!

It depends on what composition you want to strengthen first - putting it on Titania is the least useful for arena out of these as cavalry doesn't net as much score.

Sheena would yield the most but she (and armor emblem in general) is very expensive to build - you would also need Quick Riposte 3 and other DC armors for arena use.

So ultimately I'd recommend doing what I did - putting it on Camilla is best for mid term arena scoring and fliers make non-arena content a lot easier.

Elincia- what have they done to the art, she doesn't look anything like her art in PoR. Like Linde, she's suffering from anime big head syndrome.

At least inheritance wise he's extremely interesting especially if he drops down to 4* - he has a dual Spur, a dual Rally, and possibly our first unlimited 4* Lancebreaker 3.
Elincia's art is awful.

Spent 60 orbs today, got MCorrin and Brave Lucina, also took Brave Lyn in the free summon. Nice day

Though I have only 53 orbs right now for the next banner, that will be rough

Shinypogs

Hmm with TT beaten It's time to train up Camus and get my Goad cavalry boy to join Lyn and Xander. I'll temporarily slap fortify cavalry on Lyn so we have a full trio off buffs going on and that plus a dancer should make life easy at least in PvE. I still expect arena to be hell and anti horse emblem teams to swiftly become popular and slaughter me.

Honestly though if IS actually gets worried about horse emblem they could just introduce more maps that make horse emblem harder to position well. Though that might fuck up armor emblem too, too many bushes, gaps and split type maps makes things way more difficult for them as well.

Well, my motivation to play has really been deflated.

I analyzed the current and upcoming banners, and spent 165 Orbs on Tempest Trials in an effort to get Ninian. I mostly pulled on Blue with a few Green in between to minimize the Orb cost. I did not get a 5*. My pity counter is at 4.75%, and I won't spend cash to eliminate it.

I am officially done color sniping. It's paid off a few times in the past, but the method is just too risky for F2P players. Maybe there will be another Hero Fest by the time I'm ready to summon, and I'll have 500 Orbs for it.

Did I get anything good? Nothing besides a few Cecilias to power up my 4*+5 version and some QR2. I got my first copies of Effie and Boey, but they are +HP/-ATK and +SPD/-ATK. Disgusting natures.

I also got my second Fae and Soren. Fae is +HP/-SPD, and Soren is +SPD/-ATK(again). My other Fae has -ATK.

The small number of new and interesting Heroes I summoned have awful IVs, so I don't even have anyone new to train. This was a disaster.

I've given up on Hero hunting.

champloo

It depends on what composition you want to strengthen first - putting it on Titania is the least useful for arena out of these as cavalry doesn't net as much score.

Sheena would yield the most but she (and armor emblem in general) is very expensive to build - you would also need Quick Riposte 3 and other DC armors for arena use.

So ultimately I'd recommend doing what I did - putting it on Camilla is best for mid term arena scoring and fliers make non-arena content a lot easier.

Thanks. I'm more leaning towards Sheena now as I have one with a decent nature (-spd +res), and I have three more copies so I could make her +3 right away.
I want to try running her in a mixed team, with maybe Tana to help her moving around. Also, I understand the usefulness of QR, but how do you think Wary Fighter would work on her? She can bait probably anything safely, then has Bonfire ready for next round.

spiritfox

this basically. the two cavaliers you get at the start of the game are the most average units you're gonna get. red=more power, green=more speed. they're tremendously useful in the games but ultimately boring. but i see on reddit that sully is literally someone's favourite character so i guess there must be someone who wants oscar.

They're not going to not add all the characters in a fanservice game, and there's only so many ways you can differentiate a unit from another. I rather they have more characters than not add a character because he or she is too similar to another. Especially for this series, which is built on archetypes. The only problem is the fact that I will totally pull him instead of Nephenee because my luck is like that.

redcrayon

Titania is less useful for arena due to low score, but very useful for arena assault and any map where you can see the enemy composition beforehand- with distant counter and emerald axe she's a very specific hard counter to blue mages, so useful to have in your options.

Depends what you prioritise really- I'm not that interested in heading above tier 17/18 in arena but far more interested in arena assault, chain challenge etc, so went for Titania. If arena is more your kinda thing, go for Camilla. Don't worry about armour unless going for an armour Emblem team.

Alkez

Vantage and Desperation are a bit too strong. It feeds further into the ORKO meta, but it's not wildly out of line with strength of skills we currently have.

Yeah I guess. I just never expected a perk to have the power of two different weapons and not be an exclusive skill. Seems like a good skill for Brave users.

Sciel

Well, my motivation to play has really been deflated.

I analyzed the current and upcoming banners, and spent 165 Orbs on Tempest Trials in an effort to get Ninian. I mostly pulled on Blue with a few Green in between to minimize the Orb cost. I did not get a 5*. My pity counter is at 4.75%, and I won't spend cash to eliminate it.

I am officially done color sniping. It's paid off a few times in the past, but the method is just too risky for F2P players. Maybe there will be another Hero Fest by the time I'm ready to summon, and I'll have 500 Orbs for it.

Did I get anything good? Nothing besides a few Cecilias to power up my 4*+5 version and some QR2. I got my first copies of Effie and Boey, but they are +HP/-ATK and +SPD/-ATK. Disgusting natures.

I also got my second Fae and Soren. Fae is +HP/-SPD, and Soren is +SPD/-ATK(again). My other Fae has -ATK.

The small number of new and interesting Heroes I summoned have awful IVs, so I don't even have anyone new to train. This was a disaster.

I've given up on Hero hunting.
Your nickname seems oddly apt for your...situation lol.

Jokes aside, that feels bad man. You did the right thing though, if you spent $ to break the pity rate and got an off banner 5* (and a terrible one), you would be feeling much much worse.

Your nickname seems oddly apt for your...situation lol.

Jokes aside, that feels bad man. You did the right thing though, if you spent $ to break the pity rate and got an off banner 5* (and a terrible one), you would be feeling much much worse.

Missing Ninian is incredibly painful because that Dance utility will make Arena Assault so much easier. With that said, I'm not breaking the counter. I got lucky a few times after spending, but the risk just isn't worth it.

I promoted Robin(F) and Alphonse immediately after these results. They were overdue for a promotion, and I can at least train them while I slowly build up my Orb stash.

I'm fishing for more good promotion candidates. It's probably time for +ATK/-RES Eirika, since I won't be getting a +SPD any time soon.

Mathematics

Neo Member

Risky as in getting a many sessions with no orbs of the colour you want?

I want Nephenee but them showing Oscar just tells me to hold off until the TT banner or if they bring her back in like a "Heroes With Moonbow" banner.

Risky as in getting a many sessions with no orbs of the colour you want?

I want Nephenee but them showing Oscar just tells me to hold off until the TT banner or if they bring her back in like a "Heroes With Moonbow" banner.

Risky as in not getting your desired focus Hero or any 5* at all, even though I believed that 165 Orbs would give me good odds.

I'm just not Hero hunting anymore. I'll get a ton of Orbs and do full circle summons. I will only avoid Colorless at high pity rates (above 4%). I haven't summoned Red in a very long time, and that color has valuable skills on its Heroes.

With this new approach, I'll get a better variety of Heroes instead of mostly junk from 1-2 color sniping. I'll likely get at least a few usable Heroes.

Samstrike

It does seem weird to only have 3 new units on that new banners. Nephenee seem nice but i'm not gonna pull blue because with my luck I will pull Oscar and he just doesn't seem to bring anything new. And he is totally gonna be downgraded to 4 star after the banner anyway. Elincia does seem quite nice with that weapon but I guess she could have quite a low base attack to balance her a bit. We will see but maybe I will pull a couple red orb.

And of course this confirm the leak so we will get the Black Knight as the next Tempest trial reward. Seem a bit strange but I will take it. Does that mean we will get a new free unit with a distant counter weapon!? I really hope, I don't want him to suck!

PK Gaming

I'm happy with the new units but IS needs to fuck off with the obligatory shitty cav unit with that will invariably will be dropped down to 4 stars

spiritfox

It does seem weird to only have 3 new units on that new banners. Nephenee seem nice but i'm not gonna pull blue because with my luck I will pull Oscar and he just doesn't seem to bring anything new. And he is totally gonna be downgraded to 4 star after the banner anyway. Elincia does seem quite nice with that weapon but I guess she could have quite a low base attack to balance her a bit. We will see but maybe I will pull a couple red orb.

And of course this confirm the leak so we will get the Black Knight as the next Tempest trial reward. Seem a bit strange but I will take it. Does that mean we will get a new free unit with a distant counter weapon!? I really hope, I don't want him to suck!

Xander and Camus were free and they were monsters. I expect BK to just have Alondite and not other skills, like Masked Marth.

NSESN

I doubt he will suck. DC armor can't go wrong.
He also would be the best steady breath user in the game with armor natural BST and buffs. If Elincia wasn't so good I would pull another Bike for him.
I'm happy with the new units but IS needs to fuck off with the obligatory shitty cav unit with that will invariably will be dropped down to 4 stars
It doesn't help they are all lancers. We barely have infantry lancers.

PK Gaming

It's just so unbelievably shallow

"Let's power creep the hell out of these units"
"Oh but we should throw in a shitty, unremarkable cavalry for an easy demotion!"

redcrayon

Seeing as the units I use the most now have thousands of SP, I thought I'd slim down my roster a bit by having another look at their skillsets I put together when I had less options. What do people recommend as a special for a Xander with Quick Riposte, Bonfire or Moonbow? I've got him setup with Moonbow but with a defence of 39 (after summoner buff) I'm wondering if Bonfire might be better.

I've been trying my hardest to get away from simply always using Nino on every team I make. I have a lot of great units I could be using instead of Nino.

Mupod

Guess the leak was real. Elincia's B slot looks like it's going to be a gigantic pain in in the ass to fight on defense teams, as if fliers weren't bad enough already. I guess I'll be trying for her - I need red fodder again anyways.

Oscar's entire existence seems to be just for trolling people sniping for Nephenee. My heart goes out to those embarking on that journey.

If BK has distant counter I may consider spending these two new Hectors on creating an armor team. I don't have an Effie worth a damn though.

Elincia's voice is not what I pictured for her at all.

Only three new heroes is lame.

It's actually good news to me in a way since it means they'll be less likely to make all four 40% bonus units in the Tempest Trial new 5*-only units. Ike as a 40% seems to be a lock now.

Decided to spend my orb stash on my alt to try for a second Hector, since I really don't have any of the pieces for a flier team. 80 orbs later and all I got were 2 Sonya's with meh( +hp/-Res ) to bad (+Res/-spd) IVs and some SI fodder. I don't even know the odds of getting the same off banner 5* unit twice in that many orbs, but I'd have to believe it is far less than getting a single Hector.

PK Gaming

Vantage and Desperation are a bit too strong. It feeds further into the ORKO meta, but it's not wildly out of line with strength of skills we currently have.

I don't think either of these skills are that good, especially Desperation which has always been a tad overrated. There are generally better B slot skills to use over it.

Top Bottom