• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fire Emblem Heroes |OT| Mount Breeding Simulator

Weebos

Banned
After seeing the new banner I decided to spend the orbs I was saving to continue my hunt for Brave Ike and Brave Roy. Got Brave Ike on the fifth summon, I was bound to have better luck eventually.

+ATK -SPD, which is pretty much exactly what I wanted for once.

Spending the rest of my orbs trying to snipe for Hector, trying to live the dream.

Elincia looks great, I'll probably casually snipe for her while she is available. I like Nephenee, but between Ephraim, Brave Lucina, and Sharena I've got plenty of infantry lances.

Mupod

Rather than Zelgius, given that Oscar's on the banner, I can see Boyd or Rolf as the Tempest Trials unit.

I mean, people aren't guessing, here. The Nephenee/Oscar/Elincia banner was mentioned by the same person who leaked the whitewing/narcian twitter campaign ahead of time. That person also said Black Knight would be a Tempest Trial reward.

Akuun

Looking for meaning in GAF
It's pretty funny/sad how that other lance guy is obviously inserted purely to be the dud pull for people trying to get Nephenee.

A single 3-unit banner, with 2 of them being blue is indeed rather weird. It's making it hard for people to justify pulling. It feels more like a "Heroes with X skill" or BHB banner rather than a new flagship banner. Wouldn't a 3-unit Crimea banner and a 3-unit Daein/Begnion banner at the same time have made more sense, just like Alm's army and Celica's army?

Anyway, guess they will need to have 3 "random" characters in the arena bonus char set as opposed to the usual 2 then, something that has not happened since launch.

I know I was hoping there was a Daein banner running alongside it RIP

Busaiku

I mean, people aren't guessing, here. The Nephenee/Oscar/Elincia banner was mentioned by the same person who leaked the whitewing/narcian twitter campaign ahead of time. That person also said Black Knight would be a Tempest Trial reward.
Oh, didn't know they had Zelgius as the Tempest Trials unit, just that Nephenee was on a banner.

PK Gaming

It's pretty funny/sad how that other lance guy is obviously inserted purely to be the dud pull for people trying to get Nephenee.

Tune in next banner when they announce even more fan favorite Tellius units such as Mia, Skrimir and Kieran! Marvel over Mia's legendary Super Wo Dao+, cower before Skrimir's terrifying +10 Attack ability, and hide in fear as Kieran rides into the battlefield with a his fearsome Emerald Axe+!

champloo

Decided to spend my orb stash on my alt to try for a second Hector, since I really don't have any of the pieces for a flier team. 80 orbs later and all I got were 2 Sonya's with meh( +hp/-Res ) to bad (+Res/-spd) IVs and some SI fodder. I don't even know the odds of getting the same off banner 5* unit twice in that many orbs, but I'd have to believe it is far less than getting a single Hector.

+res -spd is really not a bad nature for Sonya imo, it just makes her more of a Julia than a Nino. Still a powerful enemy phase mage tank.

Rutger

Banned
Aw, I was hoping Mia would show up. Only three units is a bit disappointing too.

Elincia art is bad, that's a shame. Though it looks like she will be better than Palla on my flying team unless her stats are really bad.

Oscar looks like he wants to jump into the 4* pool. Nephenee's wrath could be cool, but with two blues on the banner I don't think I need to rush to try and get them.

Oh well.

NSESN

The only downside of BK being a TT reward is that we won't have Eclipse as a skil. The upside is that we won't have to spend 20k feathers.

PK Gaming

The only downside of BK being a TT reward is that we won't have Eclipse as a skil. The upside is that we won't have to spend 20k feathers.

Why not? They've been building him up for a while now... I don't think he will be your run of the mill fodder unit.

TWILT

Banned
Damn, I really want Elincia and Nephy, but Oscar feels so weird as the 3rd PoR unit lol (only three too? Mia pls ;;)

Oh well, got 89 orbs saved; might as well go for the first two.

NSESN

Damn, I really want Elincia and Nephy, but Oscar feels so weird as the 3rd PoR unit lol (only three too? Mia pls ;;)

I will wait until Nephenee is confirmed as 5* only to pull for her, until then only Elincia.
I do need a red flier to make a flier team.

redcrayon

Tune in next banner when they announce even more fan favorite Tellius units such as Mia, Skrimir and Kieran! Marvel over Mia's legendary Super Wo Dao+, cower before Skrimir's terrifying +10 Attack ability, and hide in fear as Kieran rides into the battlefield with a his fearsome Emerald Axe+!
Only seems natural that after Oscar turns up, his 'rival' follows!

These brave Lyns and reinhardts got me considering merging my 4 Soren's at 4* and promoting an extra Cecilia to give him Gronnraven+. That plus TA3+Bowbreaker makes him a hard counter to Lyn AND Reinhardt at the same time. +3 4* is meh but I imagine I will get more in the future.

speaking of massive amounts of SP...

I shall raise you my massive amounts of SP...

dcYff9g.jpg

you're not doing it right the lame unit has to have color overlap with one of the others

Firemind

These brave Lyns and reinhardts got me considering merging my 4 Soren's at 4* and promoting an extra Cecilia to give him Gronnraven+. That plus TA3+Bowbreaker makes him a hard counter to Lyn AND Reinhardt at the same time. +3 4* is meh but I imagine I will get more in the future.
But merging Cecilia would be a better investment considering the bullshit GHB, SA and CC to come.

Draxal

They're going to make Mia the focus unit on a latter banner. This game is for the long haul and they've used alot of heavy hitters already.

Wiseblade

The real trick is the Dawn Brigade banner where they inexplicably have Sothe, the new best Dagger user in the game and Leonardo, actual trash on legs.

Lunar15

Stretching things out now.

I mean, there's 17 FE7 characters in the game already. Can't see why they wouldn't go further... at least to make a fourth character for the banner.

Truth be told, I'm pretty good on Tellius characters now that Neph is in. I'd like to see some of the Laguz kings, but other than that I don't think a whole lot is necessary. Haar would be the best bonus ever.

As I said in the other thread, they just need to hurry up and remake the japanese only games so those characters can gain more prominence.

Side note: I think it's really funny we never got Valbar. He's on the dang boxart for FE2 for... some reason.

Pejo

Def sniping for that red flyer, I wasn't feeling either Caeda or Palla, so she's a godsend with her better Brave sword.

Blue seems like a trap, I know I'd end up with that cavalry dude that looks unremarkable.

Mupod

what kind of score was needed to get into T20 last week? I easily got in with 4806 last time but from what I hear scores are inflated right now due to the free CYL pick.

6/7 on my run with 4144 points. I usually like to take a small score hit and coast through the final match with cavalry, because I routinely get trolled by the last fight. And this is boat/breakable walls defense tile bullshit map week.

Sushen

what kind of score was needed to get into T20 last week? I easily got in with 4806 last time but from what I hear scores are inflated right now due to the free CYL pick.

6/7 on my run with 4144 points. I usually like to take a small score hit and coast through the final match with cavalry, because I routinely get trolled by the last fight. And this is boat/breakable walls defense tile bullshit map week.
4820 should do. At least that's what I got last week and I'm in tier 20.

Well, spent all my orbs on the cyl banner with nothing to show for it. Now sitting at 5.75% rate up. I'm tempted to spend money because of it, but I will refrain. Oh well.

StAidan

I want both Nephenee and Elincia, but with only 40 orbs to my name, I am unlikely to get either. Plus the potential holiday banner next month makes me not want to risk wasting what I have. Sigh, I dunno...

Scrounged together ten orbs to make one last stab at a second Hector after blowing through 80 last night. Go to pull and get no greens! Rage pulled with my last 5 and get presented with two green orbs, argh! Chose the right one because....because, and low and behold a Hector appears! Going to hold him for now but I have a +spd/-hp Titania at 4* that would love to take it. If she is a bonus unit for the next TT I'll do it definitely.

Back to saving for a potential Halloween banner.

Ninferno

I think I should really hold off pulling from PoR Banner II and wait for PoR Tempest banner instead. I really want Elincia, but I don't care about Nephenee enough, especially when she's sharing the blue chance with Oscar the Uninspiring. If I can just stay strong and wait a little more than a week, a banner more worthy of my orbs shall arrive.

Think about it. Ike is definitely a 40%, there's just no way he isn't. He's literally expected to duel BK in this Tempest. Judging from past experience, the 40% set is likely going to be comprised of 2 units from PoR banner I and 2 from PoR banner II. The 2 from PoR II are likely Elincia and Nephenee. The last one from PoR I can be any of the 3 besides Ike. If it is Soren then the banner is pretty good (Ike, Soren, Elincia, Nephenee); it covers the 3 non-hellish colors with good units (Soren isn't top tier but he's still a solid Reinhardt counter useful in AA). Even if it turns out to be Mist as the "theme" requires, which is the worst case, Elincia + Nephenee + Ike is still better than Elincia + Nephenee + Oscar.

But we all know someone won't be playing a Gacha game if he is rational; I will probably still fail to resist the temptation and waste all my orbs tomorrow on reds. Sad.

I think I should really hold off pulling from PoR Banner II and wait for PoR Tempest banner instead. I really want Elincia, but I don't care about Nephenee enough, especially when she's sharing the blue chance with Oscar the Uninspiring. If I can just stay strong and wait a little more than a week, a banner more worthy of my orbs shall arrive.

Think about it. Ike is definitely a 40%, there's just no way he isn't. He's literally expected to duel BK in this Tempest. Judging from past experience, the 40% set is likely going to be comprised of 2 units from PoR banner I and 2 from PoR banner II. The 2 from PoR II are likely Elincia and Nephenee. The last one from PoR I can be any of the 3 besides Ike. If it is Soren then the banner is pretty good (Ike, Soren, Elincia, Nephenee); it covers the 3 non-hellish colors with good units (Soren isn't top tier but he's still a solid Reinhardt counter useful in AA). Even if it turns out to be Mist as the "theme" requires, which is the worst case, Elincia + Nephenee + Ike is still better than Elincia + Nephenee + Oscar.

But we all know someone won't be playing a Gacha game if he is rational; I will probably still fail to resist the temptation and waste all my orbs tomorrow on reds. Sad.

But I don't want Ike to break my pity rate.

kswiston

Ike as a tempest banner unit with those boosted stats will be extremely satisfying.

I only had Lyn (and Eliwood, but come on...) for this Tempest until like 2 hours ago. Even with boosted stats, Lyn wasn't all that great. Especially coming off Delthea and Celica last time.

I'll throw renewal 3 on Ike, along with Aether and let him go to work.

Mupod

Ike as a tempest banner unit with those boosted stats will be extremely satisfying.

I only had Lyn (and Eliwood, but come on...) for this Tempest until like 2 hours ago. Even with boosted stats, Lyn wasn't all that great. Especially coming off Delthea and Celica last time.

I'll throw renewal 3 on Ike, along with Aether and let him go to work.

Ike is the god of autobattle even without boosted stats. He'll damn near solo Lunatic 5 in this one.

NSESN

I do need a better Ike so I would't mind.
I think 40% will be Ike, Elincia, Nephenee and Soren
20% will be Titania, Mist, BK and some Askrian.

Scrounged together ten orbs to make one last stab at a second Hector after blowing through 80 last night. Go to pull and get no greens! Rage pulled with my last 5 and get presented with two green orbs, argh! Chose the right one because....because, and low and behold a Hector appears! Going to hold him for now but I have a +spd/-hp Titania at 4* that would love to take it. If she is a bonus unit for the next TT I'll do it definitely.

Back to saving for a potential Halloween banner.

Wow, glad ya got em

Ninferno

DCers are generally good in Tempest auto-battling because the AI can't "stupidly move units into attack range of an enemy your units can't counter" anymore. lol Plus Aether's healing is also helpful in Ike's case.

BTW, I just noticed the new story chapter will feature enemies like BK and Bike. I can't help but start worrying about what kind of BS lunatic CC 13 & 14 can be. Good thing we will know what BK look like soon enough though.

Mupod

DCers are generally good in Tempest auto-battling because the AI can't "stupidly move units into attack range of an enemy your units can't counter" anymore. lol Plus Aether's healing is also helpful in Ike's case.

BTW, I just noticed the new story chapter will feature enemies like BK and Bike. I can't help but start worrying about what kind of BS lunatic CC 13 & 14 can be. Good thing we will know what BK look like soon enough though.

Don't forget Heavy Blade + Quickened Pulse giving him extra Aether charges constantly.

The CYL heroes are already showing up in the current tempest trial. Super Bike is going to be a permanent, annoying fixture of these modes. That said, turn limits and reinforcement swarms are the major problem with 11+12. It won't matter how strong the enemies are if we don't need to worry about those.

Not against inflated Hector he won't. What a beast.

What? My non-boosted Ike chewed through everything in his way on lunatic 5 auto in the previous TT. I'm not talking about using him in the current one, but rather the next one where he certainly will be a bonus.

spent 97 orbs and got brave Ike (+res/-atk is trash but oh well), an extra Cordelia to merge, and a Chrom for Aether fodder among a few other things, not bad

also finally broke into top 1k in Tempest Trials

Top Bottom