• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fire Emblem Heroes |OT| Mount Breeding Simulator

Ninferno

You gotta be fucking kidding me!!! How does the T20 stay cut off break 4900 so freaking fast?
49000xsl9.png

I was ok with 4908 or something last week so I wasn't paying attention and accepted a few 696s I think. That turned out to be a terrible mistake now. However, I lack the will to go through that same Rein+Blyn hell again. Oh well, losing that 1000 feathers certainly isn't the end of the world. Looking at the bright side, hey, next week will be slack time at least.

Anyway, I can't wait for those damned Bikes and Blyns to lose their bonus status and the cut off returns to normal, at least for a little bit. #CYLIsAMistake

Ninferno

Ike and Lyn will probably be mainstays for many teams, simply because of their huge point totals.

Sure. But if they aren't arena bonus, their owners will likely be forced to use some bonus fillers alongside them, as opposed to now where they go in with full force.

Trying to pair Raven tomes with an ally support and a spur skill to counter pick Lyn and in the case of Gronnraven users Reinhardt at the same time. Shipping them with units that cover their color weakness so my +def Bow Breaker Julia will be paired with a Spur defense touting Ephraim. I never use her in Arena, and I may as well turn her into a great counter pick for AA.

Spur skills have a use again thanks/unfortunately because of Lyn's weapon.

NSESN

I just joined the group of atk- Elincia with spd+. I wonder if I just use her as fodder.

Spd+ is still awesome. She hits 37 speed. You might have problems to kill high defense reds or Bike now but she still murders everything else that isnt blue.

Nohar

Well, I'm beginning the game. Any advices on which banners I should focus on (and if I should pull at all on the currently available banners)? Also, I can get one hero for free (among Lucina, Bow!Lyn, Roy and Ike)?

Draxal

Well, I'm beginning the game. Any advices on which banners I should focus on (and if I should pull at all on the currently available banners)? Also, I can get one hero for free (among Lucina, Bow!Lyn, Roy and Ike)?

Brave Lyn.

Since you're in the beginning focus on the current por banner and pull everything.

Once you get a good character base you can start sniping, however you probably need fodder of every color right now.

Calm down guys. Elincia will definitely be in the TT banner. The problem is that Ike would be too.
Nah, too early I think. Ike is a given though.

TT starts before Elincia's banner ends, if I recall. New heroes are never added to banners until they are not new.

Mupod

Meanwhile I have 0 defenses with a cancer team of Reinhardt, BLyn, and dancer. Please save me.

Unless that Rein is +5 or something your stat total is probably too low to encounter players who surrender after 1 death. I have consistently gotten defenses with a reasonable team of hector, linde, ryoma and bonus unit for weeks now. But if I put a bullshit cavalry team out front they never get me anything.

Nohar

Brave Lyn.

Since you're in the beginning focus on the current por banner and pull everything.

Once you get a good character base you can start sniping, however you probably need fodder of every color right now.

Ok, thank you for the advice!

My first pulls on the PoR banner granted me Sophia 4*, Fir 4*, Gwendolyn 3*, Clarine 4* and Fae 4*. So nothing amazing it seems.
I guess I should try another pull? Should I snipe for only blue/red orbs? What is the best strategy here (well, considering I don't have many characters in the first place)?

The cutscene leaked? Pretty disappointing banner then. Could at least put Sanaki instead of Mist.
It is rather uninspiring, but it's just a filler banner anyway.

I am more looking forward to the potential Black Knight TT reward. Another chance to roll for a sword Ike is a bonus : P

Tripon

Ok, thank you for the advice!

My first pulls on the PoR banner granted me Sophia 4*, Fir 4*, Gwendolyn 3*, Clarine 4* and Fae 4*. So nothing amazing it seems.
I guess I should try another pull? Should I snipe for only blue/red orbs? What is the best strategy here (well, considering I don't have many characters in the first place)?

If you can, reset and reroll and try to get at least 1 five star unit from this banner. They're good to great.

bigzgod

I ran into a +10 BB+ Lyn. What the fuck? I ran that dudes build and she legit kills everyone in the game with horse buffs. Only Ike and Zephiel survive and she gets Zephiel down you 3 HP in two hits.

So does a +atk Bridelia with a regular hone and charged Luna ;)

It's why I found it so amusing that people on reddit believed Bridelia was now only S. Just because BLyn is so good doesn't mean Bridelia can't kill almost everyone still. She can even theoretically kill most Bikes if she gets a 2nd IP hero to have first hit Luna.

Only specific dedicated hard counters will survive either a Lyn with horse buffs or a buffed Bridelia.

Nohar

If you can, reset and reroll and try to get at least 1 five star unit from this banner. They're good to great.

So, I went ahead and pull until I had no orbs left. Here are the final results (not a single 5*):
  • Sophia
  • Fir
  • Gwendolyn
  • Clarine
  • Hinata 3*
  • Reinhardt 4* (he's actually good, according to the tier list?)
  • Oboro
  • Laslow
  • Stahl
  • Raigh
  • Donnel
  • Corrin (male)
  • Edgar
So, reset and reroll it is, or does Reinhardt as a 4* justifies to keep my save? I did link my nintendo ID, so I would lose exclusive rewards according to the reroll guide, so... Yup, no idea on what I should do.

NSESN

So, I went ahead and pull until I had no orbs left. Here are the final results (not a single 5*):
  • Sophia
  • Fir
  • Gwendolyn
  • Clarine
  • Hinata 3*
  • Oboro
  • Laslow
  • Stahl
  • Raigh
  • Donnel
  • Corrin (male)
  • Edgar
So, reset and reroll it is, or does Reinhardt as a 4* justifies to keep my save?

Reinhardt is super easy to roll and you need a +atk to it really be worthy.

So does a +atk Bridelia with a regular hone and charged Luna ;)

It's why I found it so amusing that people on reddit believed Bridelia was now only S. Just because BLyn is so good doesn't mean Bridelia can't kill almost everyone still. She can even theoretically kill most Bikes if she gets a 2nd IP hero to have first hit Luna.

Only specific dedicated hard counters will survive either a Lyn with horse buffs or a buffed Bridelia.
I never had problems with Bridelia, I think Nino is more problematic than her.
And lol, with the proper setup almost every unit can kill everything.

Tripon

• Sophia
  • Fir
  • Gwendolyn
  • Clarine
  • Hinata 3*
  • Oboro
  • Laslow
  • Stahl
  • Raigh
  • Donnel
  • Corrin (male)
  • Edgar
So, reset and reroll it is, or does Reinhardt as a 4* justifies to keep my save?

He would be if you had a full and rounded roster and the feathers (the in game currency the game uses to promote units), but since you're just starting, he's not going to help you much especially since the thing that makes him good is Dire Thunder, a Brave weapon that can allow him to attack twice without any other conditions and potentially four times if he's faster than the other unit or using a skill like Lancebreaker or a tome breaker.

I would reset and reroll.

Wiseblade

• Sophia
  • Fir
  • Gwendolyn
  • Clarine
  • Hinata 3*
  • Oboro
  • Laslow
  • Stahl
  • Raigh
  • Donnel
  • Corrin (male)
  • Edgar
So, reset and reroll it is, or does Reinhardt as a 4* justifies to keep my save? I did link my nintendo ID, so I would lose exclusive rewards according to the reroll guide, so... Yup, no idea on what I should do.
Reinhardt is one of the best characters in the game, but only at 5*. You could promote him, but 20,000 feathers is a lot when you're just starting out. I'd suggest rerolling until you get a 5* unit that can carry you until you build up your roster.

Nohar

Welp, here comes the rerolling madness.

At least I will always get Brave Lyn. How long do I have before that special offer expires btw?

PK Gaming

Roman was right, as a budget unit Alfonse is definitely solid. Getting a lot more use out of him over Anna and arguably even Sharena (since I have like every lancer infantry)

I did something I'll probably not do for a while: I allowed BLyn to eat my 5* Klein for the Brave Bow+ and.....I'm just not seeing it. I actually feel as though my ability to kill things is weakened going the brave bow route.

Top Bottom