• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fire Emblem Heroes |OT| Mount Breeding Simulator

ggx2ac

I am finally building a Male Robin to get to 5*. I've ignored him for so long and sent so many of him home, but because of Arena Assault, I need more anti-colourless units. lol

Alkez

Did my free pull on the Klein banner, nothing good. Did a pull on the Elincia banner, no reds, went grey. Up attack down speed Klein. Classic.

After...400 orbs across 3 banners I think (and $120 bucks >.>), I finally got Effie! ^-^
4* and +Def -Res, but I'LL TAKE IT. Also Peri ruined my pity % right after, but still.

Tempy

don't ask me for codes
My free pull on the new banner trying for Effie, gave me a 5* Clair. Bad IV and I already have a Clair, so eh.

kewlmyc

Spring Camilla being the only flying unit that can tank Reinhardts is starting to piss me off.

Maybe it's time to make a Triangle Adept regular Camilla. Only thing I can think of.

Ninferno

Free 1st pull is the cleverest baiting mechanism ever, I have to give IS that. DB banner is what I've been waiting for a long time, so when I exercised my free pull and got a screen of 3 blue and 2 colorless, I thought I was lucky for once. Guess what, turned out they are 2 Oboros (I must have pulled 20+ Oboros by now, I'm dead serious), Donnel, Jacob, and Felicia, aka, the worst way you can waste 15 orbs ever lol. If it wasn't for the free pull, I wouldn't even have entered the summoning screen as I'm saving orbs for my second chance with Elincia. IS you crafty bastards.

BTW, I don't understand how you guys keep getting 5*s with the free pull; it has never happened to me since it became a thing, not even once. We must be playing different games. lol

kewlmyc

DC emerald axe
Which sucks for me since it requires sacrificing a 5* only unit, and my Cherche is the wielder of my only hone fliers, so I would have to change my entire team up since it centers around Summer Corrin.

This isn't even factoring in Brave Lyn right now.

Shito

BTW, I don't understand how you guys keep getting 5*s with the free pull; it has never happened to me since it became a thing, not even once. We must be playing different games. lol
As with anything luck related: it's bound to happen on a large enough sample size.
I got my Genny on a free pull, so now I don't expect much from them anymore, got served once so I doubt it'll happen to me again! :p

Mupod

3* Lissa as my free unit...now I remember why I don't open grey orbs.

Free 1st pull is the cleverest baiting mechanism ever, I have to give IS that. DB banner is what I've been waiting for a long time, so when I exercised my free pull and got a screen of 3 blue and 2 colorless, I thought I was lucky for once. Guess what, turned out they are 2 Oboros (I must have pulled 20+ Oboros by now, I'm dead serious), Donnel, Jacob, and Felicia, aka, the worst way you can waste 15 orbs ever lol. If it wasn't for the free pull, I wouldn't even have entered the summoning screen as I'm saving orbs for my second chance with Elincia. IS you crafty bastards.

I haven't gotten any 5* on the free pull, but I can't complain as I got a focus unit on the second/third orb on the last two banners.

My friend took a break from the game for a while and came back a few weeks ago, when there were a ton of banners up during the Tempest Trial. He got a 5* from his free pull three times in a row.

Because I've hit my Arena caps, I'm seriously thinking of holding my Orbs until the next Hero Fest.

Even though I desperately need Reposition fodder for Arena Assault, I have just enough to scrape by and remain in my tier. I believe that I can take on Infernal Hero battles with what I have.

I'll continue trying to beat Chain Challenge Chapter 9&10 on Lunatic, but I'll probably just leave 11&12 completely untouched. Too afraid to even attempt it.

Tempest Trials will be there to keep me busy, at least.

PK Gaming

Which sucks for me since it requires sacrificing a 5* only unit, and my Cherche is the wielder of my only hone fliers, so I would have to change my entire team up since it centers around Summer Corrin.

This isn't even factoring in Brave Lyn right now.

What's your flier team set up? You shouldn't have to tank Reinhardt as long as you have Reposition on all of your fliers.

Mupod

What's your flier team set up? You shouldn't have to tank Reinhardt as long as you have Reposition on all of your fliers.

on most maps this is true but I run into trouble using fliers on this one:

4AmNYpJ.jpg

I have DC camilla so cavalry teams were a joke to me before (and still are most of the time). But Lyn on this map is nearly impossible to deal with.

I wanted more practice, so I did like 30 AA matches with my flier team yesterday. But I never ran into that map at all and every match was so easy that I tried playing without even using Palla as a handicap. I'm sure I'll see that map a million times when I'm doing my 'real' run though.

edit: well I guess I won't need to worry about it for a few weeks and by then I should have a stronger flier team. But still. I'm very curious how people deal with this map using, for example, an all-melee flier team.

Sushen

lol, I hate those quests. I just spend my crystals to level them up and get it done quickly.
I had level 37 Beruka and sent her home as I was running out of room and never used her any more... Damn you, IS.

This week will be boring until TT drops again.

StAidan

on most maps this is true but I run into trouble using fliers on this one:

Hah, yeah, that map is flier emblem kryptonite, especially now that Brave Lyn + Dancer is a hugely common matchup there. I lose a unit or two every time, and I don't even know how to prevent it. (My team is Palla+Spring Camilla+Hinoka+Summer Corrin.)

Aesnath

I drew a +atk -spd Nephenee. Any ideas how to build her? Everything else I've read suggests things that capitalize on her great base speed, which isn't going to work too well with my IVs.

Akuun

Looking for meaning in GAF
It's so easy to get yourself trapped. Especially if you are fighting a cavalry team.
Yep. Most of my streak losses are on that map. Oh sweet, a 698 tea-oh, it's a horse team with a dancer on that fucking map.

If you don't manage to counter-kill their most dangerous units on the first turn or two, you end up trapped by multiple glass cannon horses, if you're not already dead because of the dancer.

It pretty much forces you to have a team that can either reliably counter kill/survive bait on the first turn, or can wipe multiple units at once on maybe the second or third turn, and do it in a way that leaves everyone safe. It's bullshit against cav teams because they can threaten the whole map in, what? Two turns? Three?

Sushen

My usual strategy in that map is to split into two, top and bottom, which means my units should be self-sufficient without buffs.

El Sloth

Banned
Huge mistake; Firesweep Lance+ is great for killing foes without fear of retaliation. Perfect for those fast and powerful yet frail units. Clive is just way too slow to double, so you can't really kill anything (which is bad, because its puts you at risk of Wings of Mercy). Plus, no matter how bulky Clive is, he's frail on the magic side, and still vulnerable to physical green units no matter what.

You're much better off focusing on a Brave Lance+ build with him. This way, he has the power to finish off foes in one shot, and his natural defense makes it harder for (physical) enemies to kill him after he kills something.
I wanted to avoid going Brave Lance with him, but you're right. I wish there was another viable alternative . Thanks for your feedback!

Akuun

So it turns out I have ten Ests, but not one is +spd without being -atk too.

Even when I try to make a dud pull useful, it still tries hard to be a dud.

Mupod

I mean, my 'big points' normal arena core of Ryoma/Hector/Nowi loves that map, yeah. But fliers are a lot of fun so I want to transition them into being my main team. If I can come up with a game plan for Brave Lyn on that map I feel like they'd be able to handle anything.

Current flier core is Elincia, Distant Counter Emerald Axe+ Camilla, and Blarblade+ Summer Corrin. Palla is still on the team because I don't have anyone else but I plan to get a Firesweep Lance user up and running soon (I have 60k feathers and Rodericks to spare).

Instead of that I've also considered Valter to be a Panic Ploy bot and, on a defense tile with some goads + Fury and Fortify Fliers he can survive even Brave Bow/QP moonbow Lyn in a pinch. No Iote's required. But I'd obviously rather not have to take a hit, and he won't always be able to be on the team due to bonus unit requirements. Still, 20k to promote one of the few FE characters I actually have an attachment to (and get another Panic Ploy to screw over horses in AA) wouldn't be too bad a deal.

But yeah, I feel like if I can solve the problem of that map I'm good to go on fliers. Hopefully I get more constructive ideas than 'you should just kill yourself' this time.

Akuun

...why are you looking for +spd and not +atk Est
Because of the SI I have on hand, plus the team I'm putting her with.

You're probably thinking of the Death blow + Brave lance build, which I can sort of do because have an +atk -spd Est for that. The problem is that I like my Brave Lance fodder and I've never seen a Klein in my life. I'm mostly merging Est to clear up my roster while making a BST booster for arena, so putting DB2 on her is counterproductive.

I'm drowning in Florinas and I have a -atk Peri I could give up, and judging by calculators, a +spd Est with Darting Blow and Killer Lance is pretty decent. Not as good as DB3 Brave Lance Est on attack, but better for what I'm looking to sacrifice.

The team that I'd like to put her with already has two squishy sweeper units, so I'd like a more balanced unit that's not completely useless during enemy phase. The Brave Lance build is strong, but it also basically throws away Est's pretty good defense and res stats.

I might do it anyway though, just because of the Ests that I happen to have on me.

Ninferno

People's AA scores are rising like there's no tomorrow lol. 4860 used to be ranking safely above the top 5000 cut off but it is now situated at a worrying rank 3000ish, and will quite possibly drop to around 3500 when the season ends.

I have been cutting myself some slack in AA lately as I only aim to maintain top 5000. To achieve this, I currently only need to put non-vital units in the 1st team. That is regular Lucina +1, masked Lucina +1, Effie +1 and regular FCorrin +1, which normally yields a 4860ish score. None of these are my regulars and I barely even use them outside of AA 1st team. Therefore, all my actual kill cards are reserved for the 2nd to 7th battles and as a result I normally can achieve deathless with relative ease and without using any item (I really need to remember they exist though). I often keep my 6 capable teams in mind as I progress through the 7 battles:
1.Horse 1st team: the almighty F2P rainbow horses, Xander/Camus/Cecilia.
2.Horse 2nd team: centered around Quadwen who when buffed kills anything not TA green.
3.The trusted Reinhardt + Olivia combo.
4.The also trusted Nino + Azura combo.
5. Fliers
6. DCers (Hector, Ryoma) and TA Ravens.

Now as the top 5000 cut off approaches 4860 I will start to have problems. I still have 2 more Effies to promote and merge if I want but after that I will need to start giving up some of my cores in the 1st team. I have done 4900s before and I think I can push to 4930ish if I really put all my score inflators in my AA 1st team, but at that score range I'm going to have a really tough time winning deathlessly as my "kill cards" will start to fail in ORKOing key enemies.

I can only hope that day comes later rather than sooner.

Rutger

Banned

The only free 5* I pulled has been Brave Roy.
Maybe you just need to wait for Leif?

Akuun

I got a regular 5* Roy once, but after that my free pulls for each banner have always been trash.

kewlmyc

Summer Corrin, Cordelia, Cherche, and Elincia. All have reposition too. Just hard to use it in maps with breakable walls and defense tiles everywhere. Even on all flat arena areas, it's hard to figure out how to get in range of Rein/Lyn, kill them, then reposition out in the first turn before either of them instant kill you with or without a dancer. And the best tanks for the job (at least against Rein) is a unit that will require you sacrifice a 5* unit to get it done or a exclusive unit I won't be able to get until next spring.

Sorry for all the complaining, it's just frustrating is all. My horse teams have spoiled me.

Akuun

You can turn any green flier into a Rein tank by giving them Triangle Adept, but that often hurts their ability to fight anyone else. Even low-res units like Cherche can do it.

It's just that they don't counterkill Rein without DC.

PMS341

Death Blow banner is nice, I have a lot of units that could use the skill. Pulling colorless for the Klein needed for it, though...

pelicansurf

Needs a Holiday on Gallifrey
I need to switch around Flier buffs, since I'm a huge fan of multicolor teams and dancers.

Right now I have:

Hinoka - Hone Fliers
Minerva - Goad Fliers
Elincia - Threaten Def
Olivia - Hone ATK 3

that leaves me with no ranged attack, so it's a bit sketchy, but infantry troops don't really have much synergy with fliers so might go:

S. Corrin - Threaten Res (lol)
Elincia - Ward Fliers
Minerva - Goad Fliers
Hinoka - Hone Fliers

Everyone but Summer Corrin would have Reposition, but might change that too. S. Corrin is L & D 3 / Blarblade, so I should probably put a flier buff on her too, since she'll be nuking everything from orbit. Threaten RES seems a bit dumb in that scenario.

Top Bottom