• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fire Emblem Heroes |OT| Mount Breeding Simulator

NSESN

I'd put Panic Ploy on Hector, leave Armor March on Amelia if one of them is running a player phase build (like Brave), and the other two Ward Armor.

In other news, for those running Elincia and struggling with Brave Ike, I have put up a build for her on the wiki that deals with practically all of them:

The most dangerous Brave Ike to this is the QP Wrath Ignis variant. There is a chance for Elincia to die to him if he is Atk buffed, +Atk and merged, but those chances are slim and the situation avoidable.

Wouldn't running Pavise make her lose some kills tho? It seems a lot of investiment to kill just a unit.

Roman

Edit: for Elincia, every BIke I ran into so far has run Aether and dies to Elincia.

Not sure what to tell you, I have already run into Ignis Bike, he is very common in 700+.

Wouldn't running Pavise make her lose some kills tho? It seems a lot of investiment to kill just a unit.

It actually doesn't - she is strong and fast enough to not need a damage Special - in fact it performs even better with buffs since she lives counterhits she wouldn't otherwise and quads everything.

NSESN

tbh kinda waiting to see what ghb arvis is before building an armor team.

Amelia, Hector, BK and Effie will be good regardless because of Arena assault. So I don't see the problem of building them.
Not sure what to tell you, I have already run into Ignis Bike, he is very common in 700+.

It actually doesn't - she is strong and fast enough to not need a damage Special - in fact it performs even better with buffs since she lives counterhits she wouldn't otherwise and quads everything.

Wouldn't she have problems against swordbreakers and high speed/defense units tho?

Roman

Amelia, Hector, BK and Effie will be good regardless because of Arena assault. So I don't see the problem of building them.

Wouldn't she have problems against swordbreakers and high speed/defense units tho?

High Speed doesn't matter, her Amiti Brave hit is too strong - she would struggle against very few bulky swords running Swordbreaker like Ike, Eldigan and Xander but it's within range of a single Goad Flier buff taking care of it.

edit: Sorry I read the calc wrong - against Swordbreaker Xander (which should be rare), she would need a bit more of a buff. Even QP Moonbow would need a buff to kill this Xander though.

Draxal

High Speed doesn't matter, her Amiti Brave hit is too strong - she would struggle against very few bulky swords running Swordbreaker like Ike, Eldigan and Xander but it's within range of a single Goad Flier buff taking care of it.

Tbh I really don't like losing hit and run. Id just poke with fsweep cord like u mentioned.

Man I know its been said over and over but the trickiest arena fights involve a Blyn. Even worse is Blyn, a dance and reposition.

DKFv6pTUEAI0toy.jpg

Because I'm never quite sure how close she is actually get to my team because the AI uses dancers and reposition in what feels like an unpredictable manner.

NSESN

BLyn by herself, or even with a dancer isn't that hard, the problem is the tiny hands companion that make very hard to bait.

Roman

Man I know its been said over and over but the trickiest arena fights involve a Blyn. Even worse is Blyn, a dance and reposition.

Because I'm never quite sure how close she is actually get to my team because the AI uses dancers and reposition in what feels like an unpredictable manner.

It is actually not unpredictable but requires knowledge on enemy AI manipulation.

For example, if your Nino can tank and kill Reinhardt (depends on if she's summoner supported, it's a non-QP Moonbow Reinhardt, she has a Res buff or other factors) you can reliably do this in the first turn.

Ike is first in slot order so unless you move your units in a way that would put someone closer to Azura, he will move before her and break the box. Then Reinhardt will go through it and attack. If you position Nino below the second box from the right without breaking it, there is no other outcome than him dying.

After that, Azura would dance Ike and he would break the box in front of Nino, and Lyn would move in the same direction.

We have a dedicated channel in the FE GAF Discord (invite linked in the OP) for analyzing Arena AI to help players.

explodet

Wow, this new banner sure seems familiar somehow.

And I just realized I now have 6 Narcians. Limited or not, that's excessive even for me. Time to get some LB3's out there, I guess.

That is likely why then. I am in the 692-700 range. Perhaps in this range people are a little more casual and are sticking with the stock kit...for now.

Guard is a really smart idea to combat Ignis builds though. Once I start seeing more and if it causes me trouble I will have to try that.

Roman

Guard is becoming more and more useful, it counters QP Moonbow, Steady Breath, Infantry Pulse shenanigans and other things.

Anyway, to illustrate some basics about AI manipulation - I was just faced with this:

I killed Summer Corrin on the first enemy turn. Ike and Elincia have Reposition, the armors have Pivot. Can you guys figure out how I did that?

Maybe the more experienced players should hold off to not spoil it.

Mupod

Heh QP/Pavise is the build I was thinking about right after I pulled her. I didn't think it was that great until I actually ran the simulator and saw the results.

I'm not THAT concerned about Ignis Bike specifically, I've only seen a few and there's many other ways to get around him (pre-charge Luna on someone else, eat a hit on EP, soften up with SCorrin). But I really like the idea of QP Pavise because my Elincia is -def and as you say, with flier buffs she just quad-murders the shit out of nearly everything even without Luna. And the few that survive are 0 threat to my other core fliers.

At any rate it's T20->T19 easy week for me and I don't have a proper fourth flier replacement for Palla yet anyways. But Elincia is a fun unit to play around with for sure.

Guard is becoming more and more useful, it counters QP Moonbow, Steady Breath, Infantry Pulse shenanigans and other things.

Anyway, to illustrate some basics about AI manipulation - I was just faced with this:

I killed Summer Corrin on the first enemy turn. Ike and Elincia have Reposition, the armors have Pivot. Can you guys figure out how I did that?

Maybe the more experienced players should hold off to not spoil it.

I imagine Hector smashes the block in front of him and Ike jumps in front to reposition Hector on the tree in front of him which would put him in range of Corrin after Cordelia breaks the wall in front of her. Ike being red and behind Hector also likely draws aggro from the blue fliers, which manipulates the AI to bee line that way and suicide into Hector. Then it's clean up time.

NSESN

I swear my touchscreen kills me more than any Ly or Reinhardt. I wanted to reposition my Valter but it didn't then a Lyn had a free kill.

Roman

I imagine Hector smashes the block in front of him and Ike jumps in front to reposition Hector on the tree in front of him which would put him in range of Corrin after Cordelia breaks the wall in front of her. Ike being red and behind Hector also likely draws aggro from the blue fliers, which manipulates the AI to bee line that way and suicide into Hector. Then it's clean up time.

Indeed, Cordelia had to move first and break the wall because she is closest to my units (and the others can't act anyway), which allows Corrin to suicide into Hector standing on the tree. I played it safe after that and avoided letting him get hit by Cherche/Bike (I didn't calc) so I Repositioned him back.

The turn after that looked like this:

Elincia took care of Cherche and I had to choose between letting her or Effie get hit by Bike. Elincia had 17 HP left. It worked out because of, ironically, Atk Ploy on Elincia:

Then Ike 1RKO'd him, and that was it.

StAidan

My pull on the new banner got me a 5* Titania, +spd (yay) -atk (sad face). Since her attack is already so bad, I'm thinking I will just pass her Emerald Axe+ on to someone else.

Roman

Next match was just full meme:

698 points, they were all 4*+10, Sophia was Raven TA Bowbreaker QP Dragon Fang and Olivia had TA Armorslayer. What the...

Well, that was my last match for a 4872 point streak. Probably not enough at all to stay in tier 20 post-Brave Heroes.

Tripon

I still don't get how there could be so many different Carrot Lance builds. You never see somebody do Carrot axe builds, even for the memes.

Mupod

So Guard does counteract Steady Breath? The description states it only takes away 1 special charge at the start of combat, but the Kagerochart calculator has it apply each attack.

Have any of you been switching your ally support arena week to arena week or have you picked a core unit and stuck with it?

I sort of like not being overly attached to one unit because it is a great way to erase bad banes. Though every week I keep returning to a core of Amelia and Hector (who are ally supports) so maybe I should just keep my summoner support on a unit like Amelia.

Also does summoner support impact arena scoring at all?

pelicansurf

Needs a Holiday on Gallifrey
Have any of you been switching your ally support arena week to arena week or have you picked a core unit and stuck with it?

I sort of like not being overly attached to one unit because it is a great way to erase bad banes. Though every week I keep returning to a core of Amelia and Hector (who are ally supports) so maybe I should just keep my summoner support on a unit like Amelia.

Also does summoner support impact arena scoring at all?

I feel like it's a waste to have to regrind all the way back to S. I like having the back pocket God Lyn.

Also, I feel like I don't know how to play the game without a dancer. How do I fix this?

Roman

I feel like it's a waste to have to regrind all the way back to S. I like having the back pocket God Lyn.

Also, I feel like I don't know how to play the game without a dancer. How do I fix this?

The fastest way is to practice in Arena Assault without a dancer and learning about AI manipulation. Try putting Reposition on your core.

Akuun

Looking for meaning in GAF
Lyn has pushed me toward using more horses in Arena. Having a mounted archer that doesn't take the same penalty as other ranged units is amazing.

I paired her with a 4* +10 Cecilia, and it seems to overcome the BST penalty associated with using horse units. I'm getting better matches than I did with my usual team of 3 melee infantry + Julia.

My team this week seems pretty awkward, though. I need a red sword to fight BIke, and the other slot is taken with Anna since she's my only bonus unit this time around. So I'm left with a team that doesn't have any blues. I'm mostly relying on the two horses to nuke everything that the other units can't.

Maybe I'll put a bond between Cecilia and Lyn. It just makes sense.

pelicansurf

Needs a Holiday on Gallifrey
The fastest way is to practice in Arena Assault without a dancer and learning about AI manipulation. Try putting Reposition on your core.

Yeah, pretty much everyone on my roster has Reposition. It's just that a dancer is just easy mode. Get to attack reposition dance reposition the guy who just repositioned you, etc.

Arena Assault has made me better, but regular Arena with a billion Lyns has made it a bit more challenging, since I want to get a higher BST score since my dancers aren't cutting it.

Ninferno

That is likely why then. I am in the 692-700 range. Perhaps in this range people are a little more casual and are sticking with the stock kit...for now.

Or they are really using Bike for score (rightfully so) and apparently Aether is more favorable than Ignis in that regard. It is damn annoying to switch skills back and forth between offense and defense and not many people can afford the luxury dedicating an Ignis Bike to "arena defense only" just to troll others. Therefore, I don't think Aether on Bike implies casual necessarily, if at all.

Nohar

So, I pulled on the new banner, since I figured I could use a good green unit (wanted Soren, basically):
  • Frederick 4* - Hello gentleman.
  • Bart 3* - Meh.
  • Eliwood 4* - Well, if you are as average as your Blazing Sword counterpart, I'm nonplussed.
  • Ike 5*

... wait, what?

kswiston

I wasn't expecting the Tempest Trials to only include the first set of POR characters. I guess they are going to do a two part version, like they did with FE Echoes.

On the plus side, I already have an Ike, Soren, and Titania, so I can avoid pulling this banner, and finally save up some orbs. Somehow, Mist doesn't offer much in the way of temptation :p

For my Alt account I have a spare DC that has yet to be fed to anyone. I have

Sheena +def/-spd She would join Hector, brave Lucina, and BK
Titania - +spd/-hp - she would join an already deep roster of Calvary units.

Thinking for scoring reasons and for when BK comes up I should go with Sheena. Or maybe just wait?

Nohar

Now that I have a decent roster (thank you once again for advicing me to reroll - in retrospect, my pulls on my first account were atrocious), what should I do?

I've been completing story missions and reached chapter 12 so far. I've done all the regular special maps, but didn't try Robin (F) yet (well, I tried the first map and got obliterated, sooo...). I see that Virion is available: is it worthwhile to get him? Fodder for feathers?

My units so far:

Red Units:
  • Lyn 5* (Lv 28)
  • Ike 5* (Lv 1)
  • Eliwood 4* (Lv 1)
  • Stalh 2* (Lv 3)
  • Alfonse 2* (Lv 20)
  • Hana 3* (Lv 11)
  • Sophia 2* (Lv 5)
  • Raigh 2* (Lv 1)
Blue Units:
  • Nephenee 5* (Lv 30)
  • Terminator on Steroids... Err, I mean Effie 4* (Lv 25)
  • Effie 4* (Lv 1) - Dupe
  • Ninian 5* (Lv 25)
  • Jagen 4* (Lv 1)
  • Nowi 4* (Lv 24)
  • Oboro 3* (Lv 1)
  • Sharena 2* (Lv 12)
Green Units:
  • Gunter 4* (Lv 4)
  • Narcian 4* (Lv 20)
  • Barst 3* (Lv 1)
  • Frederick 3* (shoot, I thought he was 4*) (Lv 1)
  • Anna 2* (Lv 22)
Grey Units:
  • Brave Lyn 5* (Lv 32)
  • Maria 4* (Lv 25)
  • Wrys 4* (Lv 20)
  • Azama 4* (Lv 17)
  • Virion 2* (Lv 1)
  • Matthew 2* (Lv 1)

Akuun

Looking for meaning in GAF
Maybe Ike/Nowi/Anna/B.Lyn would be a good team from that list.

Maybe Ike/Nowi/Frederick/B.Lyn if you want two horses that can eventually buff each other with SI stuff.

But if you don't have feathers to promote people with, then it's probably best to scrape your highest star units together. So something like Ike/Ninian/Neph/B.Lyn might work too, though that is notably lacking in greens.

Shinypogs

I feel bad about supporting Camus and Ninian since it's only temporary until Reinhardt. Add one more woman to the list Camus will have loved and left.

Top Bottom