• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fire Emblem Heroes |OT| Mount Breeding Simulator

Firemind

Goddamn. Infernal Hawkeye & Ninian is some bullshit. I only triumphed after I funneled everyone against Hector with Vantage and repeated it after a Rehabilitate. Still had to puzzle a bit because of Wings of Mercy and Pass

Armour emblem would have made it trivial.

pelicansurf

Needs a Holiday on Gallifrey
Whew...

Those of you that say you don't use items during Arena Assault (probably cause you don't need them), trust me, when you are fighting level 50 teams with ragtag groups of level 40 teams, those items can make the difference.

I used Lightning Charm, Fear Charm and Dancer's Veil.

I managed to get 5,034 points and ranked 102 in Arena Assault, that is my highest score yet.

Edit: There were so many Ryomas and that I need some counters for him aside from Brave Ike already.
Nowi with swordbreaker wrecks him nicely.

Fury 3 or TA3 for the instagib.

OVDRobo

There are a lot of possible counters to both of these. I don't think I have to get into Reinhardt checks but for Lyn:

- Dragons
- Raven tomes, especially on less commonly used bulkier mages like Boey, Henry, Sophia.
- bulky archers using Bowbreaker like Gordin, Leon, Virion
- for AA another good option is simply making a lot of cheap Brave weapon Fliers and/or Cavalry, like Shanna, Catria, Est, Peri, Abel, Cain, Berkut, Clive etc.

You could make Elincia reliably kill Brave Ike with QP Pavise in your regular arena core. Another way is giving her Vantage and letting him crash into her twice.

I've been using both Sophia, Robin and Hit & Run/Firesweep Hinoka + Reposition to deal with Lyn for the most part. It's mainly arena assault where the onslaught grinds down my guaranteed, easy counters. I'm not so much lacking in strategies to deal with them as much as I'm just sick of seeing them in every match.

I might take that advice on Elincia, though. Every time I encounter Brave Ike with my current team it's usually a slog. Earlier I had 33 turns of kiting him around the oasis with Firesweep Hinoka on the square-of-defense-tiles-around-water map, whittling him down with specials until Elincia could finish him. I won that one but I really shouldn't have.

Ninferno

The new banner doesn't look like it's going to be a mainline game-themed banner I'm interested in; I can now feel better about spending 200ish orbs not getting Elincia then:)

Anyway, GameWith has updated their arena study with speculation on Sacred Seals' effect on arena scores. They are thinking QP is equivalent to a 100SP skill; seals like Distant Defense 1 worth 60SP; Spur/Fortify 1s worth 50; HP+3 is 40 and +1s are 30. So basically outside of things like QP (which doesn't not have a lv1 skill equivalent), seals have the same score contribution as their corresponding lv 1 skills. You can find their arena page here (in Japanese).

Also, more and more people are now suggesting that supports do affect arena scoring. I don't want to believe it (because it sucks if true) but my personal experience is kinda supporting it. I replaced my Reinhardt +1 today with an Effie I just promoted to +2 (with the sole purpose being score inflation obviously). To my surprise, instead of getting a boost my score dropped like a stone. My score range dropped from 698 ~ 708 with Reinhardt +1 previously to no single 700+ at all in 3 games, with one petty 696. Even if I take into account Reinhardt's 100 more SP in legendary weapon (he uses Escape Route so that's the same 240SP as Effie's Wary Fighter), and QP's supposedly 50SP advantage over average seals, they definitely can't cancel out the huge BST difference between a horse mage and an armored melee, let alone the higher merge count I have on Effie. I have S support between Reinhardt and Olivia, while Effie has no support with any of my arena cores.

Now, that sample size is of course too small to draw any conclusion; I will need to do more experiments (using AA instead, of course), but this is really not looking good. I was already not a fan of supports as it requires large amount of grinding; if it affects arena scoring I'm really going to hate it because it will make updating arena cores such a chore:(

Ninferno

If Nowi has TA3 she really does not need Swordbreaker. She will likely one shot Ryomas and Ryomas will only do pitiful damage to her. Although ggx2ac is in whale domain so he's talking about high merge environment but the same should still generally hold true.

ggx2ac

I have lots of 5* Lance users so I don't really need Nowi at the moment. It's just that they need Sword Breaker to deal with Ryoma or Ike because they're not fast enough for level 50 Ike or Ryoma.

The funny thing is, I have a lot of Eliwood and Sully units stocked up because it was long ago I was planning to do a cavalry emblem with them and Cecilia but, they aren't really needed anymore due to other preferred cavalry units: Brave Roy, Eldigan, Oscar, Camus.

I mention Eliwood because he has Axe Breaker and I need that as well for Brave Ike.

I am aware Eliwood and Sully would only give me the level 2 weapon breaker skills at 4* but I don't have many Laslow or Abel to use up.

Tripon

Goddamn. Infernal Hawkeye & Ninian is some bullshit. I only triumphed after I funneled everyone against Hector with Vantage and repeated it after a Rehabilitate. Still had to puzzle a bit because of Wings of Mercy and Pass

Armour emblem would have made it trivial.
Seemed like one of the easier infernal to do. Just need a unit that can tank two hits from the blue and red cav. First round because it's another one that doesnt start until you leave a bait unit.

Mupod

I'm morbidly curious to find out how they'd powercreep a dancer, but yeah. I suppose they need to start adding the Awakening/Fates kids eventually, although Shigure is near the bottom of the list of characters I'd like to see. Game has a dire lack of fluffy tails so maybe one of the other two will be a beaststone user.

Scum

You’ll be throwing your orbs at the banner when you realise that Shigure comes with a “Most Wanted” skill.

Tripon

I'm morbidly curious to find out how they'd powercreep a dancer, but yeah. I suppose they need to start adding the Awakening/Fates kids eventually, although Shigure is near the bottom of the list of characters I'd like to see. Game has a dire lack of fluffy tails so maybe one of the other two will be a beaststone user.

One good step is giving dancers regular infantry BST. Dancers get 149-150 in BST.

Azura has 149 BST which is usually reserved for Ranged units. Cavs like Xander have 154-155, while Infantry/Fliers being melee units have 157/158 units.

Giving Dancers 9-10 more spread points should help them.

The new banner doesn't look like it's going to be a mainline game-themed banner I'm interested in; I can now feel better about spending 200ish orbs not getting Elincia then:)

Anyway, GameWith has updated their arena study with speculation on Sacred Seals' effect on arena scores. They are thinking QP is equivalent to a 100SP skill; seals like Distant Defense 1 worth 60SP; Spur/Fortify 1s worth 50; HP+3 is 40 and +1s are 30. So basically outside of things like QP (which doesn't not have a lv1 skill equivalent), seals have the same score contribution as their corresponding lv 1 skills. You can find their arena page here (in Japanese).

Also, more and more people are now suggesting that supports do affect arena scoring. I don't want to believe it (because it sucks if true) but my personal experience is kinda supporting it. I replaced my Reinhardt +1 today with an Effie I just promoted to +2 (with the sole purpose being score inflation obviously). To my surprise, instead of getting a boost my score dropped like a stone. My score range dropped from 698 ~ 708 with Reinhardt +1 previously to no single 700+ at all in 3 games, with one petty 696. Even if I take into account Reinhardt's 100 more SP in legendary weapon (he uses Escape Route so that's the same 240SP as Effie's Wary Fighter), and QP's supposedly 50SP advantage over average seals, they definitely can't cancel out the huge BST difference between a horse mage and an armored melee, let alone the higher merge count I have on Effie. I have S support between Reinhardt and Olivia, while Effie has no support with any of my arena cores.

Now, that sample size is of course too small to draw any conclusion; I will need to do more experiments (using AA instead, of course), but this is really not looking good. I was already not a fan of supports as it requires large amount of grinding; if it affects arena scoring I'm really going to hate it because it will make updating arena cores such a chore:(

Are you telling me I'm going to have to create a new Cordelia/Askr bonus support every 2 weeks?

smh

Akuun

Looking for meaning in GAF
Nowi is particularly good against swords because a lot of the popular red swords like Ike, Xander and Ryoma are all skewed towards def rather than res.

explodet

The fact that she can survive one (just one) Falchion hit without disintegrating helps too.

Code:
[IMG]https://i.imgur.com/nBivRSW.png[/IMG]

Ninferno

Are you telling me I'm going to have to create a new Cordelia/Askr bonus support every 2 weeks?

smh

More like you are going to pair you Cordelia with Alphonse, your 4*+10 Est with Sharena, and your 4*+10 Shanna with Anna, and rotate two characters instead of one. lol Grinding supports periodically is not worth it.

Seriously though, I hope it doesn't have to come to this.

Golnei

Shigure as a flying dancer (or Kinshi Knight) would be something a little bit different, at least - even if he'll likely just end up as a regular lance flier. They did make sure to add his pendant, though...

I wonder if Yura will be responsible for his art.

Technically, Shigure can be part-kitsune...

bada610ff4fd12186eab1d1b28c5a24f--fire-emblem-kaden-chrom-fire-emblem.jpg

Golnei

I doubt Shigure (if it's him) will be a lancer given that the shadow shows that he's holding a book.

I wasn't looking at it closely enough, it obviously is a book. A non-standard weapon would seem to suggest that these aren't the regular characters, but usually seasonal variants would have something more as a joke weapon thing than just a normal tome. But then there's Summer Leo...

I dunno why people think Azura is the next character, its this character from Fates. Maybe they will give her a name now, I don't think she got one in Conquest.

It's obviously
Ryoma
in disguise. How could you miss something that clearly telegraphed, especially with the Cheve scene?

Akuun

BK seems pretty good for Steady Stance and Wings of Mercy, but at 5* himself he seems like a really good unit in his own right. Dropping him for just WoM or upgrading him to 5* only for Steady Stance seems like a waste.

I'm gonna hang on to mine for now.

Done with BK for now.

Aldonite
Swap/Pivot
Black Luna/Aether
Steady Stance 3 / Steady Breath
WoM 3 / Vantage 3
Ward Armor/ Threaten Def 3

I'm going to wait for 42k feathers and a Tsubaki for QR3.

evangd007

You’ll be throwing your orbs at the banner when you realise that Shigure comes with a “Most Wanted” skill.

Orbs for SI? Pfft. What do I look like, a lunatic who pulls for Summer Gaius so I can make Est top tier with Def Ploy?

Not that I can pull for anything. CYL and PoR cleaned me out for little benefit. Around 400 orbs between them for:
CYL - Katarina, Abel, Leo, Seliph, Hawkeye, B!Ike
Crimeans - Oscar, Oscar, Lukas

Only B!Ike, Oscar #1, and Katarina were new.

Eidjinn

How are you people going to build Black Knight??

I thought of going:

Alondite
Pivot
Fury 3
Quick Riposte 3
Threaten def 3 (probalby)

I guess... a lot of people will be running with Steady Breath+ Wrath... but I just don't have neither B!ike nor Nephnee.

Thoughts??

Divvy

Canadians burned my passport

I thought of going:

Alondite
Pivot
Fury 3
Quick Riposte 3

I guess... a lot of people will be running with Steady Breath+ Wrath... but I just don't have neither B!ike nor Nephnee.

Thoughts??

I kind of think Vantage is better than QR on him since he has less bulk than other armours so he gets dropped out of QR range and into vantage range much faster.

Akuun

I thought of going:

Alondite
Pivot
Fury 3
Quick Riposte 3

Thoughts??
I was going to keep most of his base kit. Putting Fury on an armored unit might not be so great because he's so tough that Fury chip damage will form a significant amount of damage that he takes each turn.

I was thinking about keeping his A slot, maybe keeping his B for silly flying shenanigans, or replacing it with Vantage to take advantage of his distant counter and the fact that his speed makes him hard to ORKO.

NSESN

He needs it to double fast enemies. Vantage would mean he leaves them alive for a turn which is very dangerous in the arena.

Same as mine!

It took almost 200 orbs, but it was worthy.
Can -atk+spd SCorrin be a good unit? I need a mage for flier emblem.

Top Bottom