• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fire Emblem Heroes |OT|Natural Selection Simulator

Status
Not open for further replies.

Scum

So, it's probably best to learn all the IS from a character before merging he/she with another, right?

Oh, and good luck to all those looking for Ike and/or their favourite characters. #IVSuck

fek

Got Ike +Res -Spd. Hate -spd but maybe for Ike it's not that bad? He should be around neutral Nowi speed tier.
On second thought he can't double neutral Hector so that's pretty bad lol.

I think I got the perfect team rn

C-VVINkXsAEXxOj.jpg

lt519

Would love to get Ike, he's going to be dangerous in the Arena.

The Lunatic missions are going to be a fun challenge. Did 10-1 and 10-5 on my first try but had a character die on the others. Going with Olivia, Lachesis, Nino and Robin. Get the double healing with def buff going on, just made a couple bad moves.

I appreciate the new chapters, they are fun.

Ugh, 30 orbs and all three stars, if there's ever a reason for me not to buy more orbs to go for Ike that is exactly it. They aren't doing a good job dangling the carrot.

alcheim

Paid for 40 Orbs... pulled on nothing but tras... oh hai!

-atk +def Titania
+atk -hp Tharja

...guess I'll use the remaining 6 orbs for increasing my barracks. What the hell.. I'll do a single pull

Got Ike!
Neutral IV but I'll take it.

Roman

Got Ike +Res -Spd. Hate -spd but maybe for Ike it's not that bad? He should be around neutral Nowi speed tier.
On second thought he can't double neutral Hector so that's pretty bad lol.

This is probably the worst possible Ike. He goes into a really uncomfortable speed tier and the boon doesn't help there at all.

At that point you might be better off using Xander.

More seriously, I think I will go Ike (atk+ res-) + Nino (def+ hp-) + Shareena / Takumi (atk+ hp-) + Olivia

I have Soren, Priscilla, Shiida, Nowi (atk- def+), Fae (atk- and whatever), Camilla (spd+ and hp-) as 5* stars units and lot of 4* units that seems cool (but they are too many to name it). Is my team comp good or should I reconsider it ?

Also should I give Darting Blow 3 (from a 4*Klein) to Camilla ? She needs more atk than speed. And what skills should I give to Nino ?

MiTYH

Three multipulls, I always go for all 5 if there's a chance for Ike! New units as follows:

First group of 20 orbs got me 4-star Camilla! Been trying for her since launch! Shame she's 4 and not 5, but it'll do. Plus I need green units

Second batch got me 4-star Raven, and Seliph

Last batch got me 4-star Kagero.

So no Ike for me, maybe in the future. Got to level up this Camilla though!

Mupod

Finally. I would've been pissed if it gave me a non 5* focus.

+spd -res, not bad.

I might pull on red a few more times. I thought I used all 90 of my orbs but I have 8 left, plus the story/quest ones that came out today. I don't think I'll find a better Ike, but I still need a Hinata or two. I am pretty relieved I got a new Lon'qu though and I might have a use for all these Sophias (fortify res for Ike as a buff for blade tome Linde). Now I just need someone with spur atk 3 to replace Linde's fortify res.

Thinking about builds for Ike. With the right buffs on my squad I should be able to get some use out of Heavy Blade even against the monsters of arena, so I might as well stick with it. B slot comes down to Vantage, Quick Riposte or G Tomebreaker. Tomebreaker seems overkill...Ike should reliably one shot green mages up to +7 or +8 even without buffs. Quick Riposte would have a fun interaction with Heavy Blade and Aether, but wouldn't get much use if he's one shotting mages anyways. Vantage would let him deal with Nino/Julia teams more effectively. I could give him Moonbow with Vantage - with Heavy Blade in play, the next person to attack him would eat a very unpleasant amount of damage.

Weebos

Banned
Got another 5* Camilla (My third) and a 5* Merric on my first round of summons today. Eventually also got a Titania. Not too shabby.

Hoping to get Ike or Soren after getting more orbs from the main story missions.

StAidan

Bought ( :cry: ) 150 orbs, no focus units pulling only reds. Didn't even get any 5 stars until my last summoning session, which yielded a -hp/+spd Young Tiki, and a -def/+atk Lilina... both units I've never pulled before at any star rank.

Yuck.

WhyMe6

Another set of three star trash characters from the new banner. At least there's some decent skill inheritance fodder (with promotions).

I have pulled so many times since this game has come out - no orbs purchased, but almost all the available in-game ones bar a few of the difficult early quests - but I've only gotten three 5 star characters (Robin, Lucina, Nowi). It's absolutely ridiculous. Fortunately one of my 4-stars was Kagero who has been promoted and skill-inherited to high heaven and now she is wonderful.

Bought ( :cry: ) 150 orbs, no focus units pulling only reds. Didn't even get any 5 stars until my last summoning session, which yielded a -hp/+spd Young Tiki, and a -def/+atk Lilina... both units I've never pulled before at any star rank.

Yuck.

Oh, so my case isn't so unlucky, it's just normal. Damn. This is why I won't buy orbs.

Dee Dee

Burned 160 orbs on red, no Ike. Not even a single Palla for moonbow, only 5* is a -Atk Alm :'(

Yuck.

I'll quote these to re-read them to myself, because that will be me if I start dropping orbs on this banner, and never those "pulled two characters and got two 5* Ikes with the best possible IVs" posters. Never.

I might drop 20 orbs for 5 summons on it just before the banner disappears, but I'm otherwise saving for CYH and swim suit banners,

Edit: Oh, and are we still expecting Ryoma to be in the Counter-Xander banner for the Grand Hero Battle? Because I'll burn all my orbs for that guy. I hate how he and Hector decimate my team in arena.

Scrounged up a few more orbs from the new story chapters and quests and got a +def/-hp at 4*. She'll go in the queue for upgrade and replace my -Atk/+res I have already at 5*.

Mupod

I'll quote these to re-read them to myself, because that will be me if I start dropping orbs on this banner, and never those "pulled two characters and got two 5* Ikes with the best possible IVs" posters. Never.

I might drop 20 orbs for 5 summons on it just before the banner disappears, but I'm otherwise saving for CYH and swim suit banners,

Edit: Oh, and are we still expecting Ryoma to be in the Counter-Xander banner for the Grand Hero Battle? Because I'll burn all my orbs for that guy. I hate how he and Hector decimate my team in arena.

I'm not so sure anymore. The last Grand Hero banner wasn't thematic in the slightest.

At any rate, I wasn't willing to bet on it considering how similar Ryoma is to Ike statwise - a few points of speed can be a world of difference, but nothing I can't overcome with team building and buffs. Also I wanted to play around with his unique skill, I'll have access to a green mage counter for this week's arena, and on top of that for the next arena I'll have a 5* bonus.

As for orb luck, I've told my cautionary tale many times. I hope I never hit 6% again but that experience definitely taught me a lesson. If I pull it'll be on a color where I will be happy just with finding good fodder units, and if I put in money it'll be for fun and not because I'm at 5% appearance rate and need to get a specific unit.

But yeah, outside of linde-hawkeye-hector in quick succession, I've put in a good bit of money and for the most part I've averaged 100+ orbs per 5*. I've at least been fairly lucky with IVs and my only real shit 5* is a -atk +res Lyn that I got on my first pull ever.

Roman

so frail on the counterattack though. it's good to have a buffer for reinhardt i'd think.

I use him with a Brave Axe. If used appropriately there shouldn't be anything that could counter. I think he and Reinhardt/(red)Xander/Cecilia make an excellent team.

Mupod

Huh, I didn't know Palla had Moonbow. I only had one before and didn't want to get rid of her because she had good IVs, but I just pulled 2 on the Ike hunt plus we got one for free. I have a few Odins remaining so I can definitely afford to give it to Ike.

Need Spur Atk or Spd now...surprisingly I've never found Barst, and I've only ever found one Lilina (who I got to 40 for Michalis). I don't like getting rid of units I have no dupes of, although I've hunted Lon'qu and Hinata to extinction. I'm going to have to start burning through characters because I'm 197/200.

I could send some of my Subaki collection home but part of me wants to create a +10 4* Subaki, lol.

Firemind

I use him with a Brave Axe. If used appropriately there shouldn't be anything that could counter. I think he and Reinhardt/(red)Xander/Cecilia make an excellent team.
i mean after fred kills a unit, he's suspect to get destroyed the following turn by another unit. sometimes you get the map with a shit ton of forests, which are a pain for your mages to navigate and attack. sometimes your own horses will block their path. which is why i'm a bit ambivalent towards horse emblem.

Mupod

has anyone tackled the lunatic story chapters yet? I haven't had time to look at any of them yet. I'm expecting them to be tough with a big stamina requirement, but my main team is pretty bullshit OP these days.

An Ike for a hundred orbs not bad? Lol. Did you get any other 5* units?

man I wish I was one of those people that thought 100 orbs for a single 5* was bad. I was surprised it only took me 82.

Akuun

Looking for meaning in GAF
has anyone tackled the lunatic story chapters yet? I haven't had time to look at any of them yet. I'm expecting them to be tough with a big stamina requirement, but my main team is pretty bullshit OP these days.

man I wish I was one of those people that thought 100 orbs for a single 5* was bad. I was surprised it only took me 82.
They're not that bad, but bring a healer for the "hold out for x turns" chapters so that you don't lose to attrition, especially if you have Fury. You mow through a lot of units.

Roman

i mean after fred kills a unit, he's suspect to get destroyed the following turn by another unit. sometimes you get the map with a shit ton of forests, which are a pain for your mages to navigate and attack. sometimes your own horses will block their path. which is why i'm a bit ambivalent towards horse emblem.

Reposition/Swap/Draw Back/Pivot almost entirely invalidate this problem to be honest.

Akuun

Pulled on the new banner. Didn't get anyone.

Oh well, another Selena to use as TA/Reposition fodder I guess.

Who are you talking about?

Lol thought I typed it. It's early.

Eirika. I have been dealing with a -atk Eirika for so long but she has proven to me that -atk isn't as bad as everyone makes out to be. You just have position and buff better. I will gladly take the 3 extra attack though.

Mupod

They're not that bad, but bring a healer for the "hold out for x turns" chapters so that you don't lose to attrition, especially if you have Fury. You mow through a lot of units.

I've been thinking about these a lot as my team is very much focused on killing stuff fast and burning out on Fury. I want to try it out with my usual squad just to see if I can keep Linde alive as she runs around with 1 HP deleting the entire game with a -blade tome. But if not I can actually make her a (bad) healer with Aura and Ardent Sacrifice.

Pulled on the new banner. Didn't get anyone.

Oh well, another Selena to use as TA/Reposition fodder I guess.

I was happier to see two Selenas this morning than I would be about seeing certain 5* characters. Reposition is so good.

Bovine

Neo Member
Well, I put in my 100+ orbs and got a neutral Soren and a crappy Marth for 5 stars. I guess I'm not getting Ike right now.

StAidan

Oh, so my case isn't so unlucky, it's just normal. Damn. This is why I won't buy orbs.

Yeah, I had a massive streak of ridiculous luck during the Spring Banner and pulled 3 S!Lucina, 3 S!Camilla, and 2 S!Chrom. Not to mention an extra Tharja, a couple Ninians and a Hector. I've felt pretty invincible to awful pulls since then (even though my luck was rotten before that). Since I'm still missing a red sword tank (Palla is my best red sword and I promoted her myself), I just assumed 150 orbs would get me an Ike no problem.

Joke's on me, I guess. I'll be able to make another pull combined with the story orbs and a few more login bonus orbs, but now I'm not holding my breath.

Akuun

Currently use olivia for her ability to let someone go twice and her att buffs. Maybe i will hold off. Whats this red swords abilities?
From the previous page:
Ike

HP: 42
ATK: 35
SPD: 31
DEF: 32
RES: 18

Compared to Ryoma he trades -4 Spd and -3 Res for +1 Atk, +5 Def and +1 HP.

Considering their roles I think Ryoma is a lot better. If you pulled a subpar nature Ike I can attempt to console you with the facts that he is not the best at what he does, and that the upcoming Xander can definitely compete.

Ike is one of the few reds with built-in distant counter. Ryoma is probably a more rounded unit in comparison, but Ike is easier to pull since he's on banner right now.

Ike also has a skill that lets him charge his special especially fast.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom