• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fire Emblem Heroes |OT|Natural Selection Simulator

Status
Not open for further replies.

evangd007

Pulled 150 orbs so far, only reds. At 4.5% now. Need to complete lunatic for some more orbs. I did get some nice 4*s though: Tharja (not -spd, so better IV than my current), Caeda (I have Hinoka, time to live the flier emblem dream?), Eirika (new), and Marth (also new).

Yeah, I realized that my recent pulls before this banner were pretty good. I may have used all my luck on S Lucina, S Camilla, Nowi, and Rein.

Pejo

Sounds like a full 3* +10 Raigh team for arena to me!

The best part is that Raigh's name is perfect for screaming in anguish when you pull another one of him. RAIIIIGGGGHHHHH!!!!

At least I have a Brave Blade to give to a red unit with shit speed, on the bright side.

kewlmyc

A shitton of pulls later and I have (worth mentioning):

Ike (Def -, Res+)
Ike (Atk -, HP+)
Ryoma (HP -, Res+)
Ryoma (HP -, Res+)
Marth (Res -, Spd+)

Not bad.

Weebos

Banned
Trying to figure out what to do with the Titania I pulled.

I've been slowly assembling Horse Emblem, I think I might try her out as a mage killer because of her solid RES. It's a shame Brave Axe seems bad on her since I have a spare Camilla.

She seems like a solid support unit for Reinhardt, I'll have to see if I can build her to reliably crush Blue and Green mages.

Screenshot_2017-04-26-09-31-30.png

I'm convinced the game doesn't even want to give me the chance to pull Ike since this happened multiple times now :|

Bovine

Neo Member
I have so much good SI fodder right now and pretty much nobody worth spending it on. I have Hinatas, Lonqus, Selenas, Pallas, Shannas you name it. I'd rather the opposite...

Busaiku

So 450ish orbs down...
1 Roy
1 Cain
3 Ikes (one +Atk)
4 Sorens (one +Speed)

Bunch of Lon'qu, Hinata, Palla, 4* Roys, Shannas, etv too.

Great banner.

Always been so sad (still happy but yea) about pulling a Ryoma -SPD a while ago. I decided to try about 30 Orbs for Ike reading that he is not as good as Ryoma but still good and I need red SI fodder. What do I pull? +SPD -RES Ryoma. What what?

_Legacy_

I'm convinced the game doesn't even want to give me the chance to pull Ike since this happened multiple times now :|

I had something similar just now, 4 whites though. I'm going to go for a Mist and then stop summoning. I'll probably get trolled on the next pull as well though.

Mupod

I'm gonna hold my remaining orbs for a bit until we see the Xander banner. If Ryoma isn't there, we can probably assume he'll never be a banner unit. At which point I'll throw a few more at this one because there's still reds I need for inheritance, and I might get a slightly better Ike for merging.

Once I promote that Tharja I'll have all bases covered except a dancer. I'll probably hoard orbs until another one shows up...still stings that I never got a Ninian despite the huge orb investment.

hemtae

Wanted Ike. Spent 55 orbs. Got Lucina (-HP + RES).

I need a better sword than my -atk Olivia and -atk Cain so I guess that's good enough.

Hopefully I'll have enough orbs for Celica next banner.

Sushen

Faye is really dragging me down this week while green mages are everywhere. Not sure if I'll be able to even hit 4700.

My first pull got me nothing, and I realized Ike is only in focus not in 5* list making the odd of getting him half of Lucina banner where she was double listed. I'm skeptical that I'll be able to get him...

_Legacy_

Nope, didn't get trolled at all, my third roll today:

GVgZYdW.png

Some of you have some awful RNG but that's how it goes I guess.

EDIT: seems I did get trolled after all, he's +DEF -SPD. Not good

Akuun

Looking for meaning in GAF
I got my mid 4700 deathless arena run again. I'm not sure how to get higher than this without merged units.

My first pull got me nothing, and I realized Ike is only in focus not in 5* list making the odd of getting him half of Lucina banner where she was double listed. I'm skeptical that I'll be able to get him...
Huh? Ike is in the 5* focus list.

fek

This is probably the worst possible Ike. He goes into a really uncomfortable speed tier and the boon doesn't help there at all.

At that point you might be better off using Xander.
Yeah, it's really bad but I'll try to save him with some SI for the next week arena bonus character.. His new skill is cool but since I want to use him as the only red of my team I will need to give him Fury so he can at least double Hector.

Mupod

I got my mid 4700 deathless arena run again. I'm not sure how to get higher than this without merged units.

He means that a new unit only available as a 5* focus has a lower chance than one that is a focus and also available outside of that banner. You can find a Lucina any time, but in the Princesses banner you had that normal chance plus the 3% or whatever the focus was. It's not 'half' as likely though, as the Lucina 5* chance is mixed up in all the other 5* reds like Ryoma, Tharja, etc.

So if you wanted to be as efficient as possible you'd want to wait for a specific unit to show up in a grand hero banner or be a featured unit in a voting gauntlet. But as time goes on there's more and more units added to the pool so it gets less likely to find someone as an off-banner unit anyways. In retrospect that Eirika/Lucina focus was awesome, as was the Nowi/Reinhardt one we just had.

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!

I can get 4800 without any merged units. Hector/Nowi/Lukas/Julia. Just make sure you have all the skill spots filled, helps.

Sushen

How people get 4800+ with 4*?

Anyway, I meant Ike is only in the focus list, but not in regular 5* list.

Ninferno

SoV's first week number (in Japan) is OKish, comparable to the DS remakes. I'm still a bit saddened because I thought it would have done a bit better, but in a time when the 3DS is on its way out maybe that's all it can get. Here's hoping this number meets Nintendo's expectation so it won't kill the possibility of remaking other Japanese-only entries in the future, on the Switch.

Akuun

He means that a new unit only available as a 5* focus has a lower chance than one that is a focus and also available outside of that banner.

I meant Ike is only in the focus list, but not in regular 5* list.
Ooo okay.
I can get 4800 without any merged units. Hector/Nowi/Lukas/Julia. Just make sure you have all the skill spots filled, helps.
I've been running Ryoma/Nowi/MRobin/4* fully vanilla Cherche.

The skill slots might be it. Maybe it's because Cherche doesn't have any SI on her, and maybe also because Ryoma and Nowi run QR2 instead of a level 3 skill?

With merges. Whether that is worth it is another question.

Without merges, a 4 5* team typically nets you 4810 ~ 4820 while a 3 5* + 1 4* nets you 4760 ~ 4770.

My team is not merged, 4 5* and I get max 4774 if I surrender all the time to get a match at 682. I get the occasional 684 so I could get a little bit higher than 4774 using a lot of Crests. All my skills are filled but one character who have no skill A. Are you telling me that just adding that skill will bring me up to 4810 ~ 4820?

Sooo with the outlook seeming to be I won't get Ike my sights have turned to Xander. Both of my accounts have a 4* Roy and triangle adept + Quick Riposte Xander sounds awesome. He would have enough might to weather and kill even a +Atk, fury 3 fully buffed Nino.

I really hope his weapon comes with a ranged counter like it was leaked. Would be awesome to have Nowi and him running together.

Ninferno

My team is not merged, 4 5* and I get max 4774 if I surrender all the time to get a match at 682. I get the occasional 684 so I could get a little bit higher than 4774 using a lot of Crests. All my skills are filled but one character who have no skill A. Are you telling me that just adding that skill will bring me up to 4810 ~ 4820?

Really? That's interesting and it could mean I have underestimated the impact of BST after the matchmaking update. What's your team? The number I posted generally holds true for both of my accounts. My main has Marth/Nowi+1/Nino and bonus char, and my alt has Lucina/Reinhardt/Hector and bonus char. When my bonus char was 4* Michalis/Sharena I got about 4760 on both of my accounts, and when my bonus char was 5* Sharena I got about 4810.

Roman

Sooo with the outlook seeming to be I won't get Ike my sights have turned to Xander. Both of my accounts have a 4* Roy and triangle adept + Quick Riposte Xander sounds awesome. He would have enough might to weather and kill even a +Atk, fury 3 fully buffed Nino.

I really hope his weapon comes with a ranged counter like it was leaked. Would be awesome to have Nowi and him running together.
I would not put Triangle Adept on a red distant counter tank. Fury seems quite more useful here.

StAidan

So after my 150-orb sob story this morning, my buddy at work came into my office to pull some units on his account. He plays extremely casually (his highest level unit is level 9) and isn't huge on any specific characters since he isn't a Fire Emblem fan.

He had 40 orbs to drop on the banner, so I sat there and watched as he pulled:
- 5* Titania
- 5* Ike
- 5* Ryoma

... all back to back.

I couldn't even be mad, we both had tears streaming down our faces from laughing so hard.

Akuun

Does Fury proc the HP loss on enemy's turns, or only on combat that you initiate?
Fury gives its HP loss when enemies attack you too.

Fury + Quick Riposte is strong, but it makes taking multiple fights on the same phase dangerous.

Credo

It took 85 orbs, but I finally got Ike. Wanted to get Soren or Titania too, but after taking that long to get Ike, I think I'll pass. He's my favorite character anyway, so that helps me be content.

Really? That's interesting and it could mean I have underestimated the impact of BST after the matchmaking update. What's your team? The number I posted generally holds true for both of my accounts. My main has Marth/Nowi+1/Nino and bonus char, and my alt has Lucina/Reinhardt/Hector and bonus char. When my bonus char was 4* Michalis/Sharena I got about 4760 on both of my accounts, and when my bonus char was 5* Sharena I got about 4810.

Ninian, Nino, Ryoma and Lukas.

Mupod

Leveling Ike, seems like Moonbow would be a waste with Heavy Blade but Luna works out perfectly. After Ike takes one hit and counters, Luna is charged. So if Ike doubles after taking a hit, he procs Luna during that turn. If he kills whatever it is in one hit, he has a charged special ready. With Vantage that'd turn him into a hell of a porcupine. As I want to use him as a green mage deterrent, and he one shots green mages, this may be the route for me.

He might be the first unit that can use Aether worth a damn but I'm not sure how practical it is even for him. It could synergize well with Quick Riposte, with buffs you could get Ike's meh speed to a point where at least it's hard to double him. And after taking an attack and doing the quick riposte counters, Aether would be ready. From there he could use that to heal up and potentially get back into QR range depending on how hard you whack something. I only have QR2 available though, as do most people. I'm not sure if a rank 2 skill has a major effect on matchmaking points.

You could, of course, leave Swordbreaker 3 on him. His default kit synergizes just fine. I'm just not counting that because I have no need for another thing that kills swords on my current team.

I would not put Triangle Adept on a red distant counter tank. Fury seems quite more useful here.

Why not? Is it because getting to 27 speed is more important. 27 speed does put him range to prevent doubles from a lot more units

And I could use reciprocal aid from Eirika who runs Renewal 3 and ardent sacrifice from Bunnicina to recharge him.

Sushen

I think I'm getting tired of banner pulling finally. Ike will be the last unit that I will spend money for. It seems simply not worth it. Me getting 4800 at arena vs 4000 doesn't change my game much after all other than I have to wait a bit more for the feathers.

As long as there is a constant stream of GHB characters, I'll just live off of them with occasional pulling to find fodders.

I think I'm getting tired of banner pulling finally. Ike will be the last unit that I will spend money for. It seems simply not worth it. Me getting 4800 at arena vs 4000 doesn't change my game much after all other than I have to wait a bit more for the feathers.

As long as there is a constant stream of GHB characters, I'll just live off of them with occasional pulling to find fodders.

This is where I am at now as well. I had a GameStop gift card that I used on this banner and am currently at 4.5% and the urge is strong. However, if the GHB units continue to be decent I can just use those and still post decent arena scores. Getting 1 Ike doesn't seem like it would boost my arena score as much as merging units anyway, just costs lots of feathers of course. I have a Nowi, Reinhardt, and Eirika on my bench that could all be merged after promotion, and of course we are getting two Xander's.

Part of me wonders if I should start another alt account just to satiate my desire to pull.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom