• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fire Emblem Heroes |OT|Natural Selection Simulator

Status
Not open for further replies.

MutFox

Banned
Got a 5* Ike on my 2nd pull... Also got a 5* Linde and 5*Lachesis...
Kinda nice, haven't pulled a long time.

5*'d my 4* Nino and gonna level all of them together.
Though my top team will suffer for a bit, as Nino was part of it.

Won't be getting ADV 7 win streaks while the leveling happens...

Spoit

I'm at 17 5*s, and my only green mages are cecillia and the free Frobins. I'd even take a merric at this point. And it's not like I never pull greens (though it is an after thought), since I have like 35 of them, even after eating a number of barsts and bartes

And Complaining about it was apparently enough for me to draw both of them. Unfortunately, the nino is -atk/+spd. I'm guessing the smart move would be to sacrifice her on the altar of cecillia for horse emblem? I have 2 +atk ones too, one is -HP, the other is -red.

I have to admit that I won't stop pulling on this banner until I get Ike, even if I have to buy Orbs on the last day of this banner. He's my favorite Lord and he's the protagonist of my very first Fire Emblem game. Too significant.

60 orbs wasted by now and no Ike on the sight, just pulling reds. Eventhough I got Ryoma with a decent -DEF/+SPD IV but I would have preferred Ike even with a bad IV. Now time to farm Orbs again and hope for better luck on the next pull.

Sushen

After 160 some orbs, I'm throwing in a towel. I won't have Ike after all.

Sadly, the best I can think of 3* Nino which is -hp/+spd. As long as +spd, she's good, right?

Between -hp/+def and +hp/-def, which Tharja is better?

Tripon

Bamboo 竹;234845110 said:
I have to admit that I won't stop pulling on this banner until I get Ike, even if I have to buy Orbs on the last day of this banner. He's my favorite Lord and he's the protagonist of my very first Fire Emblem game. Too significant.

60 orbs wasted by now and no Ike on the sight, just pulling reds. Eventhough I got Ryoma with a decent -DEF/+SPD IV but I would have preferred Ike even with a bad IV. Now time to farm Orbs again and hope for better luck on the next pull.

Yeah, this might be the banner where I go crazy and buy the BEST VALUE for orbs. I need my Ike.

After 160 some orbs, I'm throwing in a towel. I won't have Ike after all. Sadly, the best I can think of 3* Nino which is -hp/+spd. As long as +spd, she's good, right?

Yup. I ran one for a while, and +speed Nino is excellent. watch out with -hp though, since she won't be able to take hits well. You'll want to drop HP+3 s seal on her so she can bait and kill most Takumi sets (an in turn, most ranged units). she has 28 base hp at 4* (30 at 5*), so you'll need to be a bit careful. Of course, if you use her on offense only, you don't have to worry about that.

AaronB

I've gotten a number of good suggestions from you guys, and I think I've finally arrived at a team that takes the best advantage of the characters I've drawn as a F2P. I was leaning towards a flier emblem team, but I think feeding my 5* Camilla to Cherche gives me the best of what would be my flying team, and I could use her in a Flier team down the road as well. Combining that excellent Cherche with my Nino squad gives me:

4* Nowi +atk -def. Will give Luna, Triangle Adept, Quick Riposte, Spur Speed.
4* Cherche +atk -hp Will upgrade to 5*, give Brave Axe + and Draconic Aura from Camilla, Reposition, Drag Back, maybe Spur Defense. Keeping Atk +3 until I can give Death Blow 3.
4* Olivia neutral Fury, Swordbreaker. Keeping Hone Atk.
5* Nino +spd -def Desperation. Plan to give him Ardent Sacrifice, Life and Death 2.

It's not the typical team I've seen, but it has serious physical and magical hammers in Cherche and Nino, Olivia to dance, and Nowi to bait. It has synergy in other ways as well: my flier can reposition infantry units in certain maps, and Ardent Sacrifice Nino can heal Nowi or Olivia to keep them above the threshold for Quick Riposte and swordbreaker. The main downside is that both of the hardest-hitting units are green. However, TA Nowi and swordbreaker Olivia give me strong options against reds.

I'd aprreciate thoughts or suggestions - for example, which characters would benefit most from which seals? I'm leaning towards +spd for Nino and +atk for Nowi. I only have 20k feathers – just enough to upgrade Cherche most likely – so I won't be able to make 5* characters just for skill inheritance for a long time. Eventually I'd like to get Nowi and then Olivia to 5*. Thanks.

Sushen

Yup. I ran one for a while, and +speed Nino is excellent. watch out with -hp though, since she won't be able to take hits well. You'll want to drop HP+3 s seal on her so she can bait and kill most Takumi sets (an in turn, most ranged units). she has 28 base hp at 4* (30 at 5*), so you'll need to be a bit careful. Of course, if you use her on offense only, you don't have to worry about that.
I've been stuck with atk+/spd- Nino. Hp-/spd+ Nino is better, right?

Ninferno

After 160 some orbs, I'm throwing in a towel. I won't have Ike after all.

Sadly, the best I can think of 3* Nino which is -hp/+spd. As long as +spd, she's good, right?

Between -hp/+def and +hp/-def, which Tharja is better?

That's probably the best Nino one could hope for. Put on the HP seal, Fury, Desperation or G Tome Breaker (depends on whether or not you find yourself having problem with enemy Ninos) and you are all set.

Mages mostly can't take two physical hits anyway so you might as well go with +HP/-DEF on your Tharja, just be mindful of non SPD boon Tharjas not being able to double many even with Darting Blow. She should still do fine if your role for her is primarily anti-green though.

champloo

I've gotten a number of good suggestions from you guys, and I think I've finally arrived at a team that takes the best advantage of the characters I've drawn as a F2P. I was leaning towards a flier emblem team, but I think feeding my 5* Camilla to Cherche gives me the best of what would be my flying team, and I could use her in a Flier team down the road as well. Combining that excellent Cherche with my Nino squad gives me:

4* Nowi +atk -def. Will give Luna, Triangle Adept, Quick Riposte, Spur Speed.
4* Cherche +atk -hp Will upgrade to 5*, give Brave Axe + and Draconic Aura from Camilla, Reposition, Drag Back, maybe Spur Defense. Keeping Atk +3 until I can give Death Blow 3.
4* Olivia neutral Fury, Swordbreaker. Keeping Hone Atk.
5* Nino +spd -def Desperation. Plan to give him Ardent Sacrifice, Life and Death 2.

It's not the typical team I've seen, but it has serious physical and magical hammers in Cherche and Nino, Olivia to dance, and Nowi to bait. It has synergy in other ways as well: my flier can reposition infantry units in certain maps, and Ardent Sacrifice Nino can heal Nowi or Olivia to keep them above the threshold for Quick Riposte and swordbreaker. The main downside is that both of the hardest-hitting units are green. However, TA Nowi and swordbreaker Olivia give me strong options against reds.

I'd aprreciate thoughts or suggestions - for example, which characters would benefit most from which seals? I'm leaning towards +spd for Nino and +atk for Nowi. I only have 20k feathers – just enough to upgrade Cherche most likely – so I won't be able to make 5* characters just for skill inheritance for a long time. Eventually I'd like to get Nowi and then Olivia to 5*. Thanks.

As a fellow f2p player, I would suggest focusing on a 3-unit squad, with the fourth member being a bonus hero (unless you are talking about a PvE team, then it doesn't matter). It's tougher for a group of 3 units to check all the top threats, but you won't have to swap unit every time arena resets.

MutFox

Banned
As F2P, My best PvP team so far has been,
5* Young Tiki, 5* Kagero, 4*Nino, and 5* Abel
Team has been great for me, hardly ever lose on advanced.

Though I'll have to tweak it while I level my newly upgraded 5* Nino.

Ninferno

10-minute streaming huh, interesting. Wonder what they can do with such a short one, majority of which is likely to be showcasing what they released yesterday, PoR heroes, defense map, reinforcement, etc. anyway. If they have some time left maybe they will shine some light on what's coming in May? I don't know. I'm not expecting anything as major as skill inheritance but nice little features like arena defense replay or friendly duels (still AI-controlled) among friends certainly won't hurt.

Also, now I hope the Celica banner can come a little bit later, maybe end of May or something to allow some more time for me to gather more orbs. With my shitty luck I'm not feeling a mere 100 orbs is going to accomplish anything. It also makes sense for IS because that would allow some time for gamers in the west to at least play SoV for a bit first and get to know who Celica and her team are before even starting to care for them. Mid-May would be a rush. They are better off if they carry forward the momentum from the PoR banner and bring in a RD banner next.

Speaking of an RD banner, what do you guys think is going to be on it if it does happen eventually? Judging from the fact that the PoR banner is strictly Greil Mercenaries, the first RD banner is probably going to be strictly Dawn Brigade. So what, Ike/Soren/Titania/Mist translates into Micaiah/Sothe/Nolan/Laura, anyone? Laura is not an OG member so maybe she will be replaced by Leonardo or Edward. Downside is it doesn't look like this banner is going to bring in tons of cash, although I personally like those guys quite a bit.

10-minute streaming huh, interesting. Wonder what they can do with such a short time, majority of which is likely to be showcasing how they released yesterday, PoR heroes, defense map, reinforcement, etc. anyway. If they have some time left maybe they will shine some light on what's coming in May? I'm not expecting anything as major as skill inheritance but nice little features like arena defense replay or friendly duel (still AI-controlled) among friend certainly won't hurt.

Also, now I hope the Celica banner can come a little bit later, maybe end of May or something to allow some more time for me to gather more orbs. With my shitty luck I'm not feeling a mere 100 orbs is going to accomplish anything. It also makes sense for IS because that would allow some time for gamers in the west to at least play SoV for a bit first and get to know who Celica and her team are before starting to care for them. Mid-May would be a rush. They are better off if they carry forward the momentum from the PoR banner and bring in a RD banner next.

Speaking of an RD banner, what do you guys think is going to be on it if it does happen? Judging from the fact that the PoR banner is purely Greil Mercenaries, the first RD banner is probably going to be purely Dawn Brigade... So Ike/Soren/Titania/Mist translates to Micaiah/Sothe/Nolan/Laura? Laura is not an OG member so maybe she will be replaced by Leonardo or Edward. Downside is it doesn't look like this banner is going to bring in ton of cash, although I personally like those guys quite a bit.
Every "main" banner so far has had an even gender split, and I'd expect that to continue.
The dream's dead, y'all. 100 orbs down the drain with nothing to show for it.
Sad! I'm building up to minimize the chances of this happening to me with Micaiah

After Xander comes out, I probably should work on getting every free unit to 3* level 40.

Mkv inspires me to play the game as it is meant to be played: F2P. :^)

Ninferno

Yeah, I wont read too much into those spike increases as well; it's not like they are sustainable or something. Still nice to see of course, but wouldn't get too excited about it.

Vena

It shot up to #8 in the US with the spring banner for a day.

It also went back down pretty fast though.

This game really does not require an investment of money for anything other than wanting a variety of heroes to play with. At least not for now, maybe with higher difficulty maps we'll start seeing things that require either a lot of time (in days/weeks scales) or a lot of viable units available.

imgonline-com-ua-twotoone-efx9Ta4xkaDj.jpg
imgonline-com-ua-twotoone-JbwTGhXEvWwK.jpg

80 orbs and a 5-star Ogma.

Wondeful.

xequalsy

Yay, did a yolo pull when I got to 5 orbs from the daily orbs today. Even did a silly "I fight for my friends" before I pulled.

Got Ike! Seems to be neutral IV - I'll take it. :D

Time to save orbs up I guess, got pretty much everything I wanted from the past few banners. Not lacking in red swords anymore it seems.

guybrushfreeman

Unconfirmed Member
Rolled Ike in one 20 orb pull. My luck is all used forever I guess. I've got no idea where to start with inheriting skills though. Can someone point me to a good guide or something?

Mupod

Going Reposition, Luna, Heavy Blade, Quick Riposte 2 and Fortify Res for my Ike right now. Build guides tend to focus only on a unit's individual power, but I build around my team.

The Fury, Vantage, Moonbow build in the link above was one I was thinking of as well. My Ike is +Res and I want him as a mage deterrent. But I don't have a Fury available at the moment, and I actually like Heavy Blade a lot. Aether...eh. I don't see myself getting much mileage out of it.

Obviously I don't have QR3 available. Would be nice if they would put in a 4* unit with that.

With Fortify Res on Ike, I need to give Linde something else. Spur Spd or Atk would be ideal, but Spur Res would also be nice to help Ike take hits and make Hector laugh even harder at Reinhardt. Problem is...I don't have dupes of the units that give these abilities! It's strange how that's worked out but I only have one Eliwood, one Lilina, no Barsts...I do plan on a few more pulls later next week once we see Xander's banner. But yeah, awkward. I have lots of spur spd 2 and spur def 3 available, but I don't want to spend 2000 feathers on a subpar ability.

I saw Mist has a spur def/res ability...I'm assuming we will be seeing spur atk/spd soon. That'll be cool.

edit: could give Linde threaten spd 3 from the free 4* Navarre we just got. I have little experience using Threaten abilities, but it could be a lifesaver on those rare occasions where I get cornered. Could be nasty on defense too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom