• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fire Emblem Heroes |OT|Natural Selection Simulator

Status
Not open for further replies.

explodet

I think that is crazy, are you pulling all colours or focusing on one each time?
It's not crazy at all - it's how probability works. It's also why I never go to Vegas. :D

I didn't pull any blue orbs, as there were no blue heroes in the focus, and I already have 4 blues at 5* and two of my candidates for promotion to 5* are blue.

I pulled all other orbs, though the game decided to give me a lot of reds. But only 3 4* and a whole lot of 3* Firs and Eliwoods. Blech.

Is Fury and Vantage a good idea for Alm? With how high his attack is it would seem nice to be able to strike first on enemy phase.

Could go

Fury 3
Vantage 3
Threaten Speed 3

13randO

Dammit, every time I'm about to go for a perfect arena run, one of my dudes get killed at the VERY end... I've been getting just above 4.7k for weeks. Also, this banner is painful I simply can't draw unless that orb is red..

Mupod

My average orbs spent for 5* is probably in the range of 100.

Lyn: First pull, doesn't count
Robin: at least 200, probably closer to 250. Pulled everything but red on Legendary Heroes which in retrospect was real dumb, but I had Lyn and thought she was as good as I could get. Found out later she's -atk, RIP.
Merric: 50-ish (green only, was trying for Julia)
Lucina: 60, red only
Linde: Over 300, trying for Ninian/blues only
Hawkeye: 5
Hector: 20
Ike: 82

I've probably thrown 40-ish on random pulls on grand hero banners with nothing, as well. At least that much on the Effie ones.

Is Fury and Vantage a good idea for Alm? With how high his attack is it would seem nice to be able to strike first on enemy phase.

Could go

Fury 3
Vantage 3
Threaten Speed 3

Quick Riposte might be nice on him.

I feel like in arena I never get as much mileage out of Vantage as I thought I would. Amazing for farming SP on distant counter units, at least.

_Legacy_

Going Reposition, Luna, Heavy Blade, Quick Riposte 2 and Fortify Res for my Ike right now. Build guides tend to focus only on a unit's individual power, but I build around my team.

The Fury, Vantage, Moonbow build in the link above was one I was thinking of as well. My Ike is +Res and I want him as a mage deterrent. But I don't have a Fury available at the moment, and I actually like Heavy Blade a lot. Aether...eh. I don't see myself getting much mileage out of it.

Obviously I don't have QR3 available. Would be nice if they would put in a 4* unit with that.

With Fortify Res on Ike, I need to give Linde something else. Spur Spd or Atk would be ideal, but Spur Res would also be nice to help Ike take hits and make Hector laugh even harder at Reinhardt. Problem is...I don't have dupes of the units that give these abilities! It's strange how that's worked out but I only have one Eliwood, one Lilina, no Barsts...I do plan on a few more pulls later next week once we see Xander's banner. But yeah, awkward. I have lots of spur spd 2 and spur def 3 available, but I don't want to spend 2000 feathers on a subpar ability.

I saw Mist has a spur def/res ability...I'm assuming we will be seeing spur atk/spd soon. That'll be cool.

edit: could give Linde threaten spd 3 from the free 4* Navarre we just got. I have little experience using Threaten abilities, but it could be a lifesaver on those rare occasions where I get cornered. Could be nasty on defense too.

You don't like the idea of Threaten Def on Ike?

My average orbs spent for 5* is probably in the range of 100.

Lyn: First pull, doesn't count
Robin: at least 200, probably closer to 250. Pulled everything but red on Legendary Heroes which in retrospect was real dumb, but I had Lyn and thought she was as good as I could get. Found out later she's -atk, RIP.
Merric: 50-ish (green only, was trying for Julia)
Lucina: 60, red only
Linde: Over 300, trying for Ninian/blues only
Hawkeye: 5
Hector: 20
Ike: 82

I've probably thrown 40-ish on random pulls on grand hero banners with nothing, as well. At least that much on the Effie ones.

Quick Riposte might be nice on him.

I feel like in arena I never get as much mileage out of Vantage as I thought I would. Amazing for farming SP on distant counter units, at least.

Well my thought process goes like this.

Alm attacks and both are still standing. Alm loses 10+ health and the other unit is at one hit from death. On enemy phase Vantage kills that unit and Alm avoids the hit. To me this seems to stay active longer in battle than Quick Riposte and takes advantage of his high Attack.

Skii

Pulled a -HP/+Spd Ike. Dunno if that IV is good but glad I got Ike with all the hype surrounding him. Will he be replacing Eireka on your main team or will I be switching based on opponents?

Pulled a -HP/+Spd Ike. Dunno if that IV is good but glad I got Ike with all the hype surrounding him. Will he be replacing Eireka on your main team or will I be switching based on opponents?

One of the best IVs. To your last question. You run both. Eirika plus the Speed Sacred Seal would get Ike to 39 speed, which is insane for him.

Ninferno

It's Thursday and I'm thinking the arena bonus chars for next season should be revealed soon. The Ike banner wasn't delayed like Alm's so the bonus char announcement shouldn't as well. It will probably be out on Friday or Saturday the latest.

It is going to be interesting to see if Anna does return to complete the circle, and hopefully it will contain someone I at least have a 4* copy of because my hands are currently tied with Project Olivia and I will be really reluctant to spend even just 2k feather on someone that's not Palla who I plan to promote to 5* just to feed to Olivia.

Mupod

Well my thought process goes like this.

Alm attacks and both are still standing. Alm loses 10+ health and the other unit is at one hit from death. On enemy phase Vantage kills that unit and Alm avoids the hit. To me this seems to stay active longer in battle than Quick Riposte and takes advantage of his high Attack.

That was my thought process for Lucina, I've been running her like that since day 1 of inheritance. Just saying it never really did much for me.

You don't like the idea of Threaten Def on Ike?

I have a blade tome caster and no Eirika/Ephraim, so I need that slot for buff coverage. Linde does the heavy lifting on my team, Ike and Hector are just bait. But yeah, I like that site's build suggestions overall, but building a character to be the strongest that individual unit can be in a 1v1 situation isn't what I set out to do. It's why my Hector has a Hone Speed buff and my Sharena is almost totally different from stock.

Funny, we had someone ask almost the same thing yesterday. If I had to pick any IV/nature for Ike that'd be it.

Akuun

Looking for meaning in GAF
I feel like in arena where it's always 4v4, Quick Riposte is usually a better choice than Vantage because Quick Riposte on a character with decent attack can instantly kill a unit with no prep time, and it mostly disregards speed on your character. With Vantage, someone on your team (possibly the same unit) needs to get into a fight or two so that you can juggle health around to get someone into Vantage range before you can really go to work.

QR is less sustainable though for sure. But I think the healing assist skills like Reciprocal Aid can keep units in QR range long enough to finish an arena fight.

In story maps where you get into a lot of fights against armies that outnumber you, I think Vantage is better. But in shorter fights against even numbers, I think Quick Riposte is better because it clears out units more quickly, and requires no prep time.

On the other hand, Vantage can sometimes put the enemy team in an unwinnable situation if they don't have any units left that can take a hit from your Vantage unit, once it's in Vantage HP range. QR can do that with one unit, but not a whole army like Vantage can.

explodet

I can at least take solace that Ike will be joining the regular 5* pool and sometime down the line I'll draw him. And of course he'll be -SPD/+HP or something.

I don't think I could take drawing a 4* Ike though. Unless I draw like, 5 of them.

On to prepping for the Xander GHB!
Who I guess we'll get at 3* and 4*? Oy.

Weebos

Banned
Sent like 30 units home to get enough feathers to 5 star Zephiel, finally my second red 5 star lol.

Pulled Titania and I'm not sure what to do with her. The obvious choice is Horse Emblem, but I am theory crafting a bunch of different builds to see if she can be used in a non-horse team.

Wanderer5

Damnnit I completed just about all of the story quests, and still no Ike.T_T I ended up getting another 5* red instead. Please tell me he is shitty lol.

That was my thought process for Lucina, I've been running her like that since day 1 of inheritance. Just saying it never really did much for me.

I have a blade tome caster and no Eirika/Ephraim, so I need that slot for buff coverage. Linde does the heavy lifting on my team, Ike and Hector are just bait. But yeah, I like that site's build suggestions overall, but building a character to be the strongest that individual unit can be in a 1v1 situation isn't what I set out to do. It's why my Hector has a Hone Speed buff and my Sharena is almost totally different from stock.

Funny, we had someone ask almost the same thing yesterday. If I had to pick any IV/nature for Ike that'd be it.

I feel like in arena where it's always 4v4, Quick Riposte is usually a better choice than Vantage because Quick Riposte on a character with decent attack can instantly kill a unit with no prep time, and it mostly disregards speed on your character. With Vantage, someone on your team (possibly the same unit) needs to get into a fight or two so that you can juggle health around to get someone into Vantage range before you can really go to work.

QR is less sustainable though for sure. But I think the healing assist skills like Reciprocal Aid can keep units in QR range long enough to finish an arena fight.

In story maps where you get into a lot of fights against armies that outnumber you, I think Vantage is better. But in shorter fights against even numbers, I think Quick Riposte is better because it clears out units more quickly, and requires no prep time.

On the other hand, Vantage can sometimes put the enemy team in an unwinnable situation if they don't have any units left that can take a hit from your Vantage unit, once it's in Vantage HP range. QR can do that with one unit, but not a whole army like Vantage can.

Coo coo. Guess I will go with QR...eventually. As of now I don't have either Lon'qu or Subaki at 4* and feathers are a bit light at the moment and promoting Nowi and Eirika to 5* to merge and change IVs are my top priority. Or possibly Xander depending on how he fits on the team with his low speed, and he may be a better Quick Riposte candidate.

I may have not gotten Ike but adding Alm, Hinoka, and to a lesser extent Chrom to the bench is still pretty good. I wonder if they will ever releases a mode where you can call in your own reinforcements?

Skii

One of the best IVs. To your last question. You run both. Eirika plus the Speed Sacred Seal would get Ike to 39 speed, which is insane for him.

Wow I've been really lucky this banner. I've been lucky enough to get a banner unit for all the new banners but it's always one of the worst units like Spring Camilla or Faye and they usually have trash IV. Luck is finally turning around.

Hmm so my team could be: Eirika, Ike, Ephraim and Julia. Is that workable?

Mupod

Wow I've been really lucky this banner. I've been lucky enough to get a banner unit for all the new banners but it's always one of the worst units like Spring Camilla or Faye and they usually have trash IV. Luck is finally turning around.

Hmm so my team could be: Eirika, Ike, Ephraim and Julia. Is that workable?

ephraim is the odd man out here I feel...what do you have for blues with magic damage?

Alucrid

Banned
if i can somehow get my hands on a hector i think i might try and make an all armored team. hector / effie / draug / zephiel. i even have sheena and gwendolyn for hone / fortify armor.

Akuun

I don't know what i want to work towards next. I don't want to pull any units from the current banner, I don't have anyone on my current roster who really stands out that I want to train up, and I don't know if spending feathers to try to make my arena team better will be worth it since the bonus characters keep changing anyway.

Does anyone have an idea of who will be on the next set of bonus characters, besides the units in the Ike banner? Maybe Anna again?

Sushen

As my team doesn't have optimal IU like many of us, I think, coming up with a team that compensate for short comings is the most important thing that I need to focus on.

After failing to get Ike, I realized I need to focus on what I have rather. Hopefully, Xander and Lloyd are good enough with distant counter.

Mupod

I don't know what i want to work towards next. I don't want to pull any units from the current banner, I don't have anyone on my current roster who really stands out that I want to train up, and I don't know if spending feathers to try to make my arena team better will be worth it since the bonus characters keep changing anyway.

Does anyone have an idea of who will be on the next set of bonus characters, besides the units in the Ike banner? Maybe Anna again?

If it's Anna, that means they'll be cycling out the free trio, I dunno if I'd promote her though. I'd probably just use her at 4* if it came down to it. It'd be funny if it was Virion instead, though.

Zephiel will be in the next bonus, other than that there's no pattern in who they have been choosing. Best you could do is look through the list of units they've already had as the bonus, and look over who hasn't been one yet.

Akuun

If it's Anna, that means they'll be cycling out the free trio, I dunno if I'd promote her though. I'd probably just use her at 4* if it came down to it. It'd be funny if it was Virion instead, though.

Zephiel will be in the next bonus, other than that there's no pattern in who they have been choosing. Best you could do is look through the list of units they've already had as the bonus, and look over who hasn't been one yet.
Virion's there right now, so I doubt it'll be him. Why does everyone hate him anyway?

Zephiel is probably a lock, yeah. Maybe they'll bring back FRobin and Navarre since their GHBs came back.

Bah, Zephiel would do nothing for my team lol.

Meier

My Catria (3*) is now level 26. I'm working towards that level 35 quest.. we'll see if it happens or not. Regardless, I pulled a 4* Catria. Would it make more sense to upgrade my level 3 to a level 4, or to merge my level 3 into my level 4? If you merge a character with skills, etc., do they automatically cross over to the new version who didn't have them? Or would she lose everything?

Mupod

Har I didn't even notice Virion on there. I remembered Setsuna was and figured they'd only have one archer.

It'll be nice being able to run any team I want next week. Watch this be the one they finally have Olivia as a bonus unit, though.

I spent so long thinking I couldn't get perfect runs without a dancer and I've pulled it off multiple times now. It's still stressful though. Hopefully replacing Lucina with Ike at least eliminates the terror of merged Nino/Julia teams. Only question is, will Quick Riposte 2 get me less points than a level 3 B slot skill. I didn't have time to test that last week.

I had 10 defenses the first 24 hours last week... and this week, 0. Ahh

I had ~20 by the end last week and 6-7 within the first day. But I didn't get one this week until an hour or so ago.

Teslacrashed

Neo Member
Pulled Ike (+ATK, -RES), should I put Threaten SPD on him to help reduce people doubling on him? I know some suggest Threaten ATK so you can get Heavy Blade off more, but I already have +ATK.

Mupod

My Catria (3*) is now level 26. I'm working towards that level 35 quest.. we'll see if it happens or not. Regardless, I pulled a 4* Catria. Would it make more sense to upgrade my level 3 to a level 4, or to merge my level 3 into my level 4? If you merge a character with skills, etc., do they automatically cross over to the new version who didn't have them? Or would she lose everything?

The one you merge into would gain all skills the other one had, including unlearned inherited skills (or so I hear).

If you're just going for the quest, it's not hard to do even with an underleveled 3* Catria. She just needs to get kills, doesn't even need to survive the map. But if you want to keep using her long term, keep the one with better IVs.

I don't merge 3*-4* units anymore as I'd rather keep them for inheritance or send home for feathers. But I do plan to merge a couple Olivias to save SP, as farming SP on dancers sucks.

Akuun

Har I didn't even notice Virion on there. I remembered Setsuna was and figured they'd only have one archer.

It'll be nice being able to run any team I want next week. Watch this be the one they finally have Olivia as a bonus unit, though.

I spent so long thinking I couldn't get perfect runs without a dancer and I've pulled it off multiple times now. It's still stressful though. Hopefully replacing Lucina with Ike at least eliminates the terror of merged Nino/Julia teams. Only question is, will Quick Riposte 2 get me less points than a level 3 B slot skill. I didn't have time to test that last week.
I find a dancer is optional as long as you have drag back/reposition on a few of your characters. I am totally promoting Olivia if she's a bonus unit next week, though.

I'm not sure about the B slot skill thing, either. Two of my units run QR2, and I've been wondering if that's why I can't break 4800.

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
I find a dancer is optional as long as you have drag back/reposition on a few of your characters. I am totally promoting Olivia if she's a bonus unit next week, though.

I'm not sure about the B slot skill thing, either. Two of my units run QR2, and I've been wondering if that's why I can't break 4800.

I haven't used a dancer in a long time. Totally not necessary.

Akuun

"My my, this healer unit moves fast, let's use it to TANK ALL THE ENEMIES!"
That's why taking the weapon off your healer may be a legit strategy if you intend to put one in your defense team.

I saw a Ninian without a weapon on a defensive team once, too. It made it hard to separate her from her team.

Holy shit, I spend so much orbs that I didn't see that I had an 4 stars atk + hp- Eirikia in my stock

Gonna train her after Nino, Ike and Nowi.

Feels great to have a variety of characters after being stuck for so long with Camilla, Takumi, Sharena and Olivia

Shito

That's why taking the weapon off your healer may be a legit strategy if you intend to put one in your defense team.

I saw a Ninian without a weapon on a defensive team once, too. It made it hard to separate her from her team.
Now that's interesting! And I do have a Ninian on my defensive team, so I will try this! :)

Sushen

My Azura, Ephraim, Reinhardt team has been serving me well until green mages every where. So, I'm thinking of Zephiel/Lyn, Ephraim, Azura, Nino team for next week. Hopefully Ephraim with hone speed will make up for spd- Lyn with Brash assault.

Akuun

Now that's interesting! And I do have a Ninian on my defensive team, so I will try this! :)
I think it's an interesting tactic. The upside is that she supported other units really well. The downside is that Ninian was totally helpless after I managed to kill off her team, when she is usually decent fighting against some units.

Sushen

I've got two ideas for the next week

Azura Nino Ephraim Zephiel
Soren Lyn Ephraim Reinhardt

Which one sounds better? Does Nino at 5* much better than at 4*? I can promote her except then I'll be out of feathers.

In above cases, Zephiel will be 4*.

Mupod

Farming SP on quick riposte Ike and blarblade Linde before I finally tackle this week's arena. They murder everything so hard that I burned through 99 SP twice during my half hour lunch and had lots of time to finish said lunch. I don't mind SP farming on them, but it's still time consuming.

If you want Ike, then yes. Never be a better time than now. Good luck!

Heh, my friend started this game pulling nothing but red with his initial rerolls/orbs and was really frustrated that he wasn't finding any Ikes. This was on day 1 of the game, it made no sense to him that such a popular character wouldn't even be in yet.

Ninferno

Just noticed that the Ike banner is going to last for almost 3 weeks... That's pretty insane; not sure what this could mean for the arena bonus char set. Anyway, bad news for me who haven't pulled a single focus unit for more than a month and a half on two accounts with hundreds of orbs spent; three tough weeks ahead.

Distant Counter and Close Counter S-Skills when?

You'd be better hoping for a GHB unit that comes with it.

Just noticed that the Ike banner is going to last for almost 3 weeks... That's pretty insane; not sure what this could mean for the arena bonus char set. Anyway, bad news for me who haven't pulled a single focus unit for more than a month and a half on two accounts with hundreds of orbs spent; three tough weeks ahead.

I bet they are hoping for an influx of new players and leaving this up for 3 weeks will help them come along.

Been getting nothing as I've been drained of orbs again. Was looking for a Lukas which seemed a good gameplay character last banner...got 3* dupes. Now looking for Titania (because Titania) and getting...yeah.

Heh. Anyway, been building up my teams, including Est and Palla for the 35+ lvl flier challenges. I look forward to finally getting those orbs and then scoring another 3* Bartre.

Mupod

Shit, I never even noticed that.

Maybe I'll try for a second Ike. Also, this is actually the first time I've pulled a 5* that's going to be an arena bonus since the game came out, so I know that feel.

Thinking about it, stands to reason that they'll have another Echoes banner for the NA release. Would make sense if they put that one out afterwards.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom