• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fire Emblem Heroes |OT|Natural Selection Simulator

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sushen

next week
DAuKp5cUQAAOLbW.jpg:orig

https://twitter.com/FE_Heroes_JP/status/867940024335060993
This will be my real test of will. I don't want to spend any money any more.

Akuun

Looking for meaning in GAF
Bah, Kagero wrecked my team because I fucked up. It's a weakness I knew I was getting into because I swapped MRobin for Julia, but it still sucks to see it happen.

Sterok

Damn, my -Atk Eirika left Chapter 9 Lunatic Narcian with exactly 1 HP. Which is all my level 33 Narcian could do to him. I'm gonna pretend I planned that out all along.

Ugh, Gronblade Spring Camilla does too much damage.

Hate her and cheap blade strategy on whale teams so much. Just fought a team with two of her, 40+5 each and it was only 696 points.

Worst is I killed the first one no problem but the second survived with one HP. Why? Because yesterday I lost 2 battles due to enemies having one HP left after Celica attacked them so I moved my +ATK seal from Zephiel to Celica. Today Zephiel left the second Spring Camilla at 1 hp because he no longer had the seal...

This game has a way to piss me off with random unlucky irritants like that!

This season arena got incredible harder with just a few days after the beginning. I was trying to get a deathless run but I can't pass the third match without losing a unit, encountering full IS S/+A tier merged units. At this rate I won't make it to Tier 18. :(

Mupod

well I just had another run ruined by what I just realized was an Azura without a weapon equipped. I moved Hector into range to bait her and instead a Ryoma ran over, rallied her, and got danced to attack Hector. For fuck's sake.

well I just had another run ruined by what I just realized was an Azura without a weapon equipped. I moved Hector into range to bait her and instead a Ryoma ran over, rallied her, and got danced to attack Hector. For fuck's sake.

Wow, really tricky team for defense. Dancer teams are a nightmare.

Mupod

actually wait, that still makes no sense because there was an attack range for Azura in the defense preview thing. So I have no idea what the hell happened.

I wish this bs would happen on match 1 instead of 6 or 7...

edit: maybe because she would have done 0 damage to Hector, that prevented the AI from acting? Have still never seen that happen.

Akuun

I'm probably just going to leave Narcian alone at level 1. Will probably feed at least one of them to someone for Lancebreaker 3.

If I wanted a flying green unit, I'd probably go with Cherche or Michaelis instead. Or Minerva, if I ever get one.

Mupod

What star level are you guys keeping Narcian at? I'm debating keeping him at 3* or promoting him.

I do get a bit of use out of him for the 10th stratum flier quests. He is to lances what Subaki is to swords. But Michalis is more useful for that role has he actually has a decent attack stat and I can use him to deal with things like Azama.

For now I'll be keeping my extras as he's the only 4* source of Lancebreaker 3.

kewlmyc

That sounds troll-tastic. I want to try it.

Mupod

That sounds troll-tastic. I want to try it.

yeah while I'm not entirely sure that's what actually happened, it does give me an idea for an emergency defense team if I can't get a win next time. I guess the Rally skill on one of your other units is the key, as it will prompt them to run over to the dancer.

Whizkid7

I'm glad I'm not the only one having trouble in Arena. Every time I see Nowi now I shudder because it's 100% of the time a SI'd up the wazoo Nowi with perfect IVs and even Hector can't completely resolve the issue. She's been the cause of my last two arena runs ending in defeat.

Suppose that's what I get for pulling all the god characters on the Hero Fest banner...

On the plus side I seem to always get at least one defense win. Wings on Hector probably surprises a lot of people.

Firemind

I'm glad I'm not the only one having trouble in Arena. Every time I see Nowi now I shudder because it's 100% of the time a SI'd up the wazoo Nowi with perfect IVs and even Hector can't completely resolve the issue. She's been the cause of my last two arena runs ending in defeat.
That's why Kagero with Savage Blow is so good. If you don't have a green blade.

Mupod

Suppose that's what I get for pulling all the god characters on the Hero Fest banner...

On the plus side I seem to always get at least one defense win. Wings on Hector probably surprises a lot of people.

I don't think there's any one unit I truly can't deal with, but for example I had few options on the map I mentioned a couple posts ago. Because there was a goddamned 36 speed Julia that I simply could not deal with until I had thinned their ranks. Roy couldn't even one shot her, he needed a dance.

All of my losses (as in one unit dies) are directly due to dancers and breakable walls causing AI unpredictability, but indirectly because of the power gap between my characters and what I'm fighting. One mistake or unit out of place = someone is dead. Even defense tiles are often meaningless due to the nature of moonbow/luna. I've seen Hector easily taken out by Minerva and in the map I mentioned he was severely damaged by a Kagero.

I'm sitting at 10k rank right now, I'll get 9 swords by the end of this season. I'm thinking I'll just play it safe and do some intermediate runs once I have 5-6 wins, as I only need to stay under rank 12.5k. I dunno if that would give me a score worse than 4740 though.

Sushen

If thats a bride Lyn then people will meltdown if they don't get her by the end of the event.
As a guy who's still sour on not being able to have any bunnies and swore no more spending money and love Lyn, I'm gonna have a mental breakdown if she's a bride in any useful setup that I couldn't get. I'm hoping some throw away characters for the sake of my mental health.

Akuun

Bride Lyn with a skill called Bouquet Toss that functions the same as Distant Counter = IS rolls in money for the rest of their lives.

scy

Should be at around 60 and 80 orbs for my main and alt account when the next banner hits. So zero brides pulled.

yeah while I'm not entirely sure that's what actually happened, it does give me an idea for an emergency defense team if I can't get a win next time. I guess the Rally skill on one of your other units is the key, as it will prompt them to run over to the dancer.

Rallying other units in range of attacking, even if it's a zero damage attack, is a higher priority than anything else; it's one of those AI quirks that gets used a lot in the 3* challenge videos. It then does a dance check if it can get a unit in range. Oddly, it doesn't seem to normally prioritize dancing so that's basically the only time it'll do a "can I dance someone into range?" check before checking their own moves/attacks.

Whizkid7

That's why Kagero with Savage Blow is so good. If you don't have a green blade.

I'd use Bunnymilla if I could figure out how to fit Roy on the team without sacrificing buffs. And I'm not even trying for perfect "everyone survives" runs. I'm just trying to clear a 7 streak!

lt519

Another week, no defenses, running Olivia, Reinhardt, Nino and have tried 4* Subaki or 5* Xander as my lead. Not sure what else to try. I've got a generic Linde, a TA Nowi, a +1 Roy, WoM3 Azura, among other high tier units like Kagero. I removed all seals and removed all draw back/rally support moves.

I did get a 4* Titania(+HP/-ATK), who should I try and 5 star to keep building horse emblem, her or Frederick? Ideally I do that then pull an Elise eventually and give her Genny's staff skill. Reinhardt/Xander/Titania/Elise sounds really fun. I could also go with Cecilia (+HP/-RES)...?

Roman

Another week, no defenses, running Olivia, Reinhardt, Nino and have tried 4* Subaki or 5* Xander as my lead. Not sure what else to try. I've got a generic Linde, a TA Nowi, a +1 Roy, WoM3 Azura, among other high tier units like Kagero. I removed all seals and removed all draw back/rally support moves.

I did get a 4* Titania(+HP/-ATK), who should I try and 5 star to keep building horse emblem, her or Frederick? Ideally I do that then pull an Elise eventually and give her Genny's staff skill. Reinhardt/Xander/Titania/Elise sounds really fun. I could also go with Cecilia (+HP/-RES)...?

Do you have a +Atk Frederick? If yes, him.

lt519

I need to jump onto the 🐴 Emblem shenanigans too.

Yeah, I wish I hadn't spent previous feathers leveling characters like Kagero and Nowi. They are great units but don't synergize well with my team. Could of had a stacked Horse Emblem team by now.

Mupod

So, let's say I'm thinking about building a pony team... for the green element, Cecilia or Gunter?

Gunter is garbage and Cecilia can use a blade tome from Nino. Easiest choice ever lol.

Alternatively Cecilia with Triangle Adept is a pretty damn good anti-Kagero.

Shito

Gunter is garbage and Cecilia can use a blade tome from Nino. Easiest choice ever lol.

Alternatively Cecilia with Triangle Adept is a pretty damn good anti-Kagero.

Even if you really want to run physical green, Frederick has better stats in literally everything except -4 Res.
Forgot about Frederick haha.
I have tons of Nino to inherit tomes from, so yeah, my question was stupid: thanks guys! :D

kewlmyc

I need to jump onto the 🐴 Emblem shenanigans too.

Doing the same. Going Xander/Rein/Cecilia/Elise (w/ wrathful staff). Will probably switch Elise out for Camus once he shows up, but I assume all the horse teams will be doing the exact same.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom