• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fire Emblem Heroes |OT|Natural Selection Simulator

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'll try for one of these, Charlotte looks like a solid one. Been building up that Boey I got earlier just because 5* and trying to build up the only 5* promote I did so far, a Selena. Otherwise been sort of sitting it out as the daily orbs were ditched (but we got one today, woo hoo).

Ninferno

Well, as someone who can't be more indifferent to this kind of specialty themed banners, I have to say I'm happy to see that they are not too OP. I'm not interested in them as characters so it's great that I'm not forced to pull them for gameplay purposes. They do have some very interesting skills but let's be honest, there's no way we F2Ps will pull 5* for SI; that's a luxury only whales have.

I think up until now IS has done a decent job in unit strength balancing; there has not been any noticeable power creep just yet. They keep pushing out new chars and skills, you pull the chars if you like them or are attached to them in their original games; you don't have to otherwise.

Busaiku

Eh, actually, I don't really care for any of these enough to drop money.
Maybe if they have some good Grooms down tge line.

Not gonna waste my orbs at all.

Sushen

Would it be a crazy idea to sacrifice Azura for Sharena to give Sapphire Lance+? I've got 4 Azuras. I'm not going to make +3 but it's Azura, so I'm hesitating to kill her...

Golnei

I hope the guys have nipples in the swimsuit banner.
If not, I'm gonna hold onto my orbs there too.

They may be willing to compromise with slightly-darker circles of skin; but I doubt they'd completely break the trend now.

(Also, I know it was the case for the Awakening and Fates DLC, but I wouldn't be so quick to assume any guys will make it onto the swimsuit banner - at least not the first year's one.)

Ninferno

True, but I want sapphire + to compensate for Sharena being 4*. I still have a day to decide for the next arena bonus switch.

It depends on what you want to do. If you care about arena points, rank, and stuffs (you seem so otherwise why would you even consider sacrificing a 5* which is a huge investment), the best option is to spend 20k feathers to get Sharena to 5* and get her legendary weapon. Legendary weapons yield higher points than generic weapons with "+"s in their names.

The spare Azuras you have on the other hand, are best utilized if you merge them to get a +3 Azura. Merge counts matter a lot in arena score. While gem weapons are indeed good to have as SI options, current popular lance wielding units are mostly better off with other weapons. Ephraim and Sharena have legendary weapons; Effie would appreciate brave lance+ more. Hence, I would suggest merging rather than SI in this case, a +3 Azura would be a force to reckon with in combat, let alone the boost in arena score.

Again, this is assuming you care about arena scoring.

Meh. I won't have enough F2P Orbs to reliably pull a single 5* off this banner anyway.

I'll wait for the next batch of limited time characters. When that occurs, I'll be able to score lots of skill fodder and hopefully new units.

Meanwhile at Granblue Fantasy...

i3qQMTS.png

86JB045.png

frKidWp.png

It's almost as if catering to more than one demographic actually helps expand your user base, particularly for a product that's meant to cast as wide a net as possible and boost brand mind share, and just happens to be the top grossing mobile title in your portfolio.

Golnei

And the nipples are still wholly absent. Even in shamelessly pandery fanservice artwork.

...Is there some CERO clause I'm not aware of that they're trying to stay clear of?

spiritfox

Oh wow link those pics. People are at work.

Grooms would be nice. IS dropped the ball there. Who doesn't like good looking men in sharp suits.

And the nipples are still wholly absent. Even in shamelessly pandery fanservice artwork.

...Is there some CERO clause I'm not aware of that they're trying to stay clear of?
We can't be too greedy. Nipples are a sign of hedonism that gaming just can't handle at the moment. Something to aspire to.

Oh wow link those pics. People are at work.
..................................................................................................................................................?

Golnei

There's quite a bit of clothing there. It's definitely less risque.

250px-P07-011.png

This would be a little closer, but it's still not as suggestive.

spiritfox

They're images from an all ages mobile game. They've been posted elsewhere on GAF.

Barechested men aren't NSFW.

Is this NSFW?

Barechested men are borderline, yes, but when they're just wearing basically underwear it's over the edge. I'll put bikinis or bras and panties in the same category.

I'll look at barechested men at home thank you very much.

Edit: that card above is also a little too much.

Barechested men are borderline, yes, but when they're just wearing basically underwear it's over the edge. I'll put bikinis or bras and panties in the same category.

I'll look at barechested men at home thank you very much.

Edit: that card above is also a little too much.
Fundoshis are worn publicly in Japan at swimming pools and such. Swimsuits are fair game on GAF.

There is no visible genitalia. It's fine.

PK Gaming

Those guys seem fine to me

Obviously they're sexy as hell but there's a comedic element that prevents it from being outright smut

Charlotte seems fine to me as well (if she wasn't rocking double E's would the image be okay?)

Wonder how folks will react when Sonia drops

Golnei

Sölf;238423074 said:
Wait for Sonia's bust to shrink because everyone else who had smaller boobs got an upgrade, like Lyn or Ursula.

They're going to bring in Sakura Miwabe to draw her as a loli.

Those guys seem fine to me

Obviously they're sexy as hell but there's a comedic element that prevents it from being outright smut

Charlotte seems fine to me as well (if she wasn't rocking double E's would the image be okay?)

Wonder how folks will react when Sonia drops
I sent a PM to a mod asking about it. I honestly don't see any issue. Open any entertainment magazine, or look at a fashion billboard and you'll see things more suggestive than what I posted. If those are too much, then series like Dead or Alive shouldn't even have a presence on GAF IMO.

I understand there are limits of course, but I think people react too strongly to male imagery here sometimes, instead of holding it to the same standards of what would be acceptable to show for female characters.

Edit: Like, look at this topic. Posted without issue.

spiritfox

I sent a PM to a mod asking about it. I honestly don't see any issue. Open any entertainment magazine, or look at a fashion billboard and you'll see things more suggestive than what I posted. If those are too much, then series like Dead or Alive shouldn't even have a presence on GAF IMO.

I understand there are limits of course, but I think people react too strongly to male imagery here sometimes, instead of holding it to the same standards of what would be acceptable to show for female characters.

Edit: Like, look at this topic. Posted without issue.

Like I said, swimsuits or underwear, whether male or female, are a little too much for a work environment. But since people are fine with it, I'll drop it.

Like I said, swimsuits or underwear, whether male or female, are a little too much for a work environment. But since people are fine with it, I'll drop it.
I'm not trying to make you feel bad or anything, but I'd say if pics such as those worry you at your particular place of work, you might want to forgo GAF there entirely, or turn off images.

Anyway, I've already asked a mod so I'll see what they say.

Golnei

I'd argue that it's a question of context - DoA might not actually be explicit, but if you see a thread about it, you know what you're getting. Dropping more-than-half naked men into a thread not explicitly about that runs the risk of people unwittingly viewing the material in contexts they hadn't intended to.

I'd argue that it's a question of context - DoA might not actually be explicit, but if you see a thread about it, you know what you're getting. Dropping more-than-half naked men into a thread not explicitly about that runs the risk of people unwittingly viewing the material in contexts they hadn't intended to.
This game already has suggestive battle damge portraits though, and Fire Emblem now has well documented fan service elements.

I got a message back from the mod I PM'd, and he said the images are at the line, but not over it, so I'm free to leave them if I wish, which I will.

I wasn't expecting to have an in-depth conversation about all this when I posted them, as I was just trying to have some fun and point out a discrepancy when compared to another popular mobile game.

Falk

that puzzling face
Hullo, it's not me you PM'd but I guess if you wanted to be really safe going forward, you could hyperlink stuff you're not 100% sure is toeing the line rather than embedding.

I agree context is everything but you'd expect to see Soiya in a GBF thread. Not necessarily elsewhere, even other gacha games and even Fire Emblem.

Some people's workplaces are a lot more conservative than others.

Hullo, it's not me you PM'd but I guess if you wanted to be really safe going forward, you could hyperlink stuff you're not 100% sure is toeing the line rather than embedding.

I agree context is everything but you'd expect to see Soiya in a GBF thread. Not necessarily elsewhere, even other gacha games and even Fire Emblem.

Some people's workplaces are a lot more conservative than others.
If I thought it wasn't appropriate, I wouldn't of posted them. I honestly didn't even think twice about it until it was brought up. I wasn't trying to send shockwaves through this thread, and I think anyone who's played the recent Fire Emblems should be totally used to that level of fan service.

This game will almost certainly have swimsuit characters in the very near future, and I expect them to be at the same level of risque imagery as those images above, just as the damage portraits for certain characters already in this game already are.

I think my posting record shows that I'm not one to rock the boat, but I did my due diligence and contacted a mod and got the go ahead so I believe it should be all fine now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom